ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Sign Wilson Chandler (Vet's Minimum/1 year)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Nebkreb11
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: Nets Sign Wilson Chandler (Vet's Minimum/1 year) 

Post#21 » by Nebkreb11 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:37 pm

He's over the hill but just a depth signing. If he shows he's toast, we can cut him easily and replace him.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#22 » by kamaze » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:14 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
halfHAVOC wrote:Good signing, he can play the 4 for us. Haven't kept up with him recently but if he can hit 3's from the corner, play D, and rebound that's good enough. I'm gonna miss Jared Dudley tho

Yeah, will definitely miss Dudz for sure.

He was part of the culture I'll miss everyone from last year's squad. I'm sentimental. :cry:
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#23 » by kamaze » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:23 am

:o
Prokorov wrote:chandler was washed up 3 years ago. he is a corpse now. i guess we needed some more vets. seems like a faried dnp type. would have much prefere dudley.

They drafted Claxton who looks like a power forward idk we'll see, they have Kurucs and maybe Prince can play a little power forward as well. I thought they would sign someone to play the power forward AND use the minimum on a Chandler type but that didn't happen. There's still room for another for another power forward imo if they're not at the limit of players and salary.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#24 » by jbeachboy » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:11 pm

he is better than jared dudley, thats not saying much at this point in their careers. dudley has very little athleticism.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#25 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:32 pm

He was fine/solid for us. Would have gladly taken him on a vet min. Just don't expect him to be any more than a 5th option on offense and be ok with him sitting out for a few weeks at a time with various old guy injuries throughout the year (pulled hamstring etc.)
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:31 pm

Sixerscan wrote:He was fine/solid for us. Would have gladly taken him on a vet min. Just don't expect him to be any more than a 5th option on offense and be ok with him sitting out for a few weeks at a time with various old guy injuries throughout the year (pulled hamstring etc.)

Thanks for the details. I have always liked Chandler because I got to watch him a lot when he was drafted by the Knicks, so him coming back to this area will be fun.

He won't be asked to do much here aside from being a good locker room presence and knocking down wide open threes.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets