Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: Nets player predictions 

Post#21 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:02 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I don't think Kenny will play Irving enough minutes to put up the gaudy stats needed for MVP, nor do I think we will be a to 5ish team that would warrant an MVP candidate. I also don't want the award in Irving's head. Team first goals all the way.

I am not nearly as optimistic as most of you but....

Dinwiddie could approach 20ppg and will probably improve his 3 point shooting, I just think even his 17ppg was slightly inflated last year given the injury to LeVert. LeVert, Dinwiddie and Irving are all ball dominate players. I still 6MOY will be L.Williams to lose. Even Kawhi and PG, he will still get plenty of burn and score at will.

Harris is a rock and will stay mid 40's and fight for the 3 point title.

Really, I think our success will hinge on 3 of our youth:
LeVert who needs to improve his shooting percentages and play more within the system
Allen who needs to show he can hold his own again quality bigs
Kurucs/Prince - 1 of those 2 really needs to step up at PF.
Kyrie will probably play around 30 MPG, and PGs excel in our system under Kenny & put up their best numbers. Kyrie averaged 24/7 this past season on lower usage than D Lo. If we're not a top 5 team in the East next season, I'll be deeply disappointed. The 3rd seed is there for the taking, and if we stay healthy, we have a great chance at it.

I mean top 5 overall. Top 5 East isn't that impressive. MVPs put up gaudy numbers on elite teams.
Oh ok, then I agree, we're definitely not going to be a top 5 team in the NBA, unless some of the young guys improve massively. But I still think that 3rd seed in the East is certainly doable.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Re: Nets player predictions 

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:31 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I don't think Kenny will play Irving enough minutes to put up the gaudy stats needed for MVP, nor do I think we will be a to 5ish team that would warrant an MVP candidate. I also don't want the award in Irving's head. Team first goals all the way.

I am not nearly as optimistic as most of you but....

Dinwiddie could approach 20ppg and will probably improve his 3 point shooting, I just think even his 17ppg was slightly inflated last year given the injury to LeVert. LeVert, Dinwiddie and Irving are all ball dominate players. I still 6MOY will be L.Williams to lose. Even Kawhi and PG, he will still get plenty of burn and score at will.

Harris is a rock and will stay mid 40's and fight for the 3 point title.

Really, I think our success will hinge on 3 of our youth:
LeVert who needs to improve his shooting percentages and play more within the system
Allen who needs to show he can hold his own again quality bigs
Kurucs/Prince - 1 of those 2 really needs to step up at PF.
Kyrie will probably play around 30 MPG, and PGs excel in our system under Kenny & put up their best numbers. Kyrie averaged 24/7 this past season on lower usage than D Lo. If we're not a top 5 team in the East next season, I'll be deeply disappointed. The 3rd seed is there for the taking, and if we stay healthy, we have a great chance at it.

I mean top 5 overall. Top 5 East isn't that impressive. MVPs put up gaudy numbers on elite teams.

if LeVert picks up where he left off from his return, and we see good progression from Allen and Kurucs I think this team will be pretty damn good tbh
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets