Moderators: jerseyjac, Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Smitty731
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 23,775

Eastern Conference Summer League Notes 

Post#1 » by Smitty731 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Hey All!

As I do annually, I empty out my notebook from Summer League. This year was REALLY long, so we broke it up by conference. Here is the East!

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/255004/2019-Eastern-Conference-Summer-League-Notes

Enjoy!

Smitty
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 10,116

Re: Eastern Conference Summer League Notes 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:13 pm

i dont get how these are summer league notes.... not one thing on the nets had anything to do with summer league or anyone on the summer league roster
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.

Timestamp: July 21, 2017
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 10,612

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:i dont get how these are summer league notes.... not one thing on the nets had anything to do with summer league or anyone on the summer league roster

Seems like they're more about each team's offseason than just summer league analysis.

Either way, i appreciate the write up about the Nets, OP.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Post#4 » by Kaiser30 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:02 am

Prokorov wrote:i dont get how these are summer league notes.... not one thing on the nets had anything to do with summer league or anyone on the summer league roster

Well, it's the first event after the draft and right after the start of free agency where a bunch of media and teams (coaches, execs, scouts, etc.) are in one place and frequently talk about their new team as well as other teams' moves. So, Summer League because it's where all this info and these quotes where gathered.

Great work as always Smitty! I've been a regular reader of your notes for years now as well as a frequent follower on twitter. It's about time you get a full time employment somewhere, best of luck! :nod:
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 88

Post#5 » by Aussienet3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:32 am

Agreed. OP should have worded the topic differently. Click Bait?
gigantes
Junior
And1: 119

Post#6 » by gigantes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:56 am

Great stuff. I'd love to read notes like this every week or so if it was possible.

Indeed, I seem to recall one of the major sports sites doing a roundup like this every week in the early aughts, covering each team in the league. Probably a case of them being too efficient though, since they could easily curate that content out to dozens of articles instead, earning them far more clicks and ad revenue, etc.

Thanks, Smitty!
Smitty731
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 23,775

Post#7 » by Smitty731 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 am

It's where all the notes came from. Same as the last 3-4 years that I've written this.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 10,612

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Smitty731 wrote:

It's where all the notes came from. Same as the last 3-4 years that I've written this.

Hey Smitty I appreciate the time that you took out to put these notes together for our team.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like

Return to Brooklyn Nets