ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

DarkXaero
General Manager
Posts: 8,618
And1: 1,955
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#41 » by DarkXaero » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I would take Iggy over both of them, but unfortunately, even if he's bought out, I think he'll head to LA. But if it was possible, he'd be a perfect fit for us.


I would love for us to trade for Iggy or sign him off the street but I dunno. I don't think dude will want to come to NY, if I remember correctly he has been investing heavily in silicon valley.
Yeah, I just don't see how we could do it in a trade because of his high salary. It's not really possible for us to match. So if he got bought out, that's really the only realistic option. I don't think that he would be opposed to coming here, it's just that he wouldn't take us over either of the LA teams. But being a former teammate, KD can play his part in recruiting Iggy.
User avatar
Claud
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,491
And1: 475
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#42 » by Claud » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Iggy would be excellent pickup but I don't see how.

I'd take Melo over Joe Jesus in 2019.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 28,334
And1: 3,397
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
 

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#43 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 am

Read on Twitter somewhere the Pistons were fabes, but who knows.

I'm team Melo now anyway with how thin PF is. Melo was a better rebounder at least. I also wonder if JJ rather play the wing.

I also am psyched to see what Claxton and Ellenson have to offer. I have to think the Nets keep Kurucs as they might have known for a bit.

Irving l Dinwiddie l Pinson
LeVert l Temple l Nwaba
Harris l Prince l Musa
Kurucs l Melo l Ellenson
Allen l Jordan l Claxton
+
Chandler (?)
KD

Wow
Imagine if someone said 2 years ago we would soon have KD, Melo, Kyrie, DeAndre along with some amazing role players in their early primes (Harris, Dinwiddie) and great young talent (LeVert, Allen, Kurucs, Claxton)???

He'd have been banned for being a troll.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,415
And1: 10,517
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Read on Twitter somewhere the Pistons were fabes, but who knows.

I'm team Melo now anyway with how thin PF is. Melo was a better rebounder at least. I also wonder if JJ rather play the wing.

I also am psyched to see what Claxton and Ellenson have to offer. I have to think the Nets keep Kurucs as they might have known for a bit.

Irving l Dinwiddie l Pinson
LeVert l Temple l Nwaba
Harris l Prince l Musa
Kurucs l Melo l Ellenson
Allen l Jordan l Claxton
+
Chandler (?)
KD

Wow
Imagine if someone said 2 years ago we would soon have KD, Melo, Kyrie, DeAndre along with some amazing role players in their early primes (Harris, Dinwiddie) and great young talent (LeVert, Allen, Kurucs, Claxton)???

He'd have been banned for being a troll.


melo is an awfuld efender, poor offensive player, low motor and potential locker room cancer. he doesnt help.
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 28,334
And1: 3,397
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
 

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#45 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Read on Twitter somewhere the Pistons were fabes, but who knows.

I'm team Melo now anyway with how thin PF is. Melo was a better rebounder at least. I also wonder if JJ rather play the wing.

I also am psyched to see what Claxton and Ellenson have to offer. I have to think the Nets keep Kurucs as they might have known for a bit.

Irving l Dinwiddie l Pinson
LeVert l Temple l Nwaba
Harris l Prince l Musa
Kurucs l Melo l Ellenson
Allen l Jordan l Claxton
+
Chandler (?)
KD

Wow
Imagine if someone said 2 years ago we would soon have KD, Melo, Kyrie, DeAndre along with some amazing role players in their early primes (Harris, Dinwiddie) and great young talent (LeVert, Allen, Kurucs, Claxton)???

He'd have been banned for being a troll.


melo is an awfuld efender, poor offensive player, low motor and potential locker room cancer. he doesnt help.

JJ isn't exactly a good defender or rebounder (at least Melo board).
He's low risk.. cut him if he's causing waves.

Who else is there?
We need bodies.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,784
And1: 8,224
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit) 

Post#46 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Joe has signed with Detroit while Beasley gets waived for a roster spot.
kamaze
Head Coach
Posts: 6,657
And1: 892
Joined: Jul 10, 2005

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#47 » by kamaze » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Read on Twitter somewhere the Pistons were fabes, but who knows.

I'm team Melo now anyway with how thin PF is. Melo was a better rebounder at least. I also wonder if JJ rather play the wing.

I also am psyched to see what Claxton and Ellenson have to offer. I have to think the Nets keep Kurucs as they might have known for a bit.

Irving l Dinwiddie l Pinson
LeVert l Temple l Nwaba
Harris l Prince l Musa
Kurucs l Melo l Ellenson
Allen l Jordan l Claxton
+
Chandler (?)
KD

Wow
Imagine if someone said 2 years ago we would soon have KD, Melo, Kyrie, DeAndre along with some amazing role players in their early primes (Harris, Dinwiddie) and great young talent (LeVert, Allen, Kurucs, Claxton)???

He'd have been banned for being a troll.


melo is an awfuld efender, poor offensive player, low motor and potential locker room cancer. he doesnt help.


Who else is there?
We need bodies.


Dante Cunningham.
Who's going to sacrifice for their teammates here? Defense? Unselfishness?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,784
And1: 8,224
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit) 

Post#48 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:14 pm

The remaining PFs on the market:

- Micheal Beasley
- Dante Cunningham
- Ryan Anderson
- Marquese Chriss
- Carmelo Anthony
NetsJets
Junior
Posts: 374
And1: 53
Joined: Oct 27, 2015
   

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit) 

Post#49 » by NetsJets » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Paradise wrote:The remaining PFs on the market:

- Micheal Beasley
- Dante Cunningham
- Ryan Anderson
- Marquese Chriss
- Carmelo Anthony

Watch they sign Michael Beasley
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,415
And1: 10,517
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit) 

Post#50 » by Prokorov » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:13 am

we dont need to look at PF on the market because we dont play a PF. we should be looking at SFs
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 28,334
And1: 3,397
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
 

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit) 

Post#51 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:55 am

Was just looking at Beasley.
Only 30.
Prior to his 26 games last year, he was 39% and 42% from 3 PT the 2 years prior.
He's a 6'9" F....hmmm
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,415
And1: 10,517
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit) 

Post#52 » by Prokorov » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:03 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Was just looking at Beasley.
Only 30.
Prior to his 26 games last year, he was 39% and 42% from 3 PT the 2 years prior.
He's a 6'9" F....hmmm


not the type of guy we want here
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017

Return to Brooklyn Nets