ImageImageImageImageImage

Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,983
And1: 8,313
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault  

Post#41 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter


I’m going to wait and see how this plays out but he ultimately doesn’t look good at all with the quotes but the lack of evidence in the court proceedings make it very fishy and it is very fishy because I’ve seen them always together on his IG.

She might be a nut case but the fact he was arrested two months later than when the initial incident occurred is extremely strange and makes no sense. It doesn’t mention anywhere it being filed before and him being arrested now.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,643
And1: 10,587
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#42 » by Prokorov » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:19 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter


I’m going to wait and see how this plays out but he ultimately doesn’t look good at all with the quotes but the lack of evidence in the court proceedings make it very fishy and it is very fishy because I’ve seen them always together on his IG.


Them "being together on instagram" is irrelevant nor should it be brought up to try and minimize the credibility of her claims. many women are beaten, raped, repeatedly, the man convicted and they still go back to him. One of the biggest struggles we face with domestic abuse (other then it being under prosecuted and under punished) is women feeling trapped or that they cant leave.

And there is 100% nothing fishy about the "timing". it is extremely difficult for a woman in america to come forward about domestic violence. the main reason being that as soon as they do they go through a charecter assassination, told they dressed too slutty, asked for it, shouldnt have put themselves in that situation, said something sooner, etc. When a woman makes a claim, it should be taken seriously, right now its minimized and trivialized

She might be a nut case but the fact he was arrested two months later than when the initial incident occurred is extremely strange and makes no sense. It doesn’t mention anywhere it being filed before and him being arrested now.


there is nothing odd or strange about this. this is the norm with DV cases. they typically get reported late, and extremely tough to investigate and charges often come late (or never).

Kurucs will have plenty of time and opportunity to clear his name if he is innocent. and he has every advantage being the accused. the laws, social pressures, and case histories are all very much in his favor. if he didnt do it, 100% chance he is exonorated. hell if he did do it there is like a 90% chance he gets exonorated.
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#43 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter


I’m going to wait and see how this plays out but he ultimately doesn’t look good at all with the quotes but the lack of evidence in the court proceedings make it very fishy and it is very fishy because I’ve seen them always together on his IG.


Them "being together on instagram" is irrelevant nor should it be brought up to try and minimize the credibility of her claims. many women are beaten, raped, repeatedly, the man convicted and they still go back to him. One of the biggest struggles we face with domestic abuse (other then it being under prosecuted and under punished) is women feeling trapped or that they cant leave.

And there is 100% nothing fishy about the "timing". it is extremely difficult for a woman in america to come forward about domestic violence. the main reason being that as soon as they do they go through a charecter assassination, told they dressed too slutty, asked for it, shouldnt have put themselves in that situation, said something sooner, etc. When a woman makes a claim, it should be taken seriously, right now its minimized and trivialized

She might be a nut case but the fact he was arrested two months later than when the initial incident occurred is extremely strange and makes no sense. It doesn’t mention anywhere it being filed before and him being arrested now.


there is nothing odd or strange about this. this is the norm with DV cases. they typically get reported late, and extremely tough to investigate and charges often come late (or never).


A co worker of mine came over to my desk to discuss this since he knows I'm a Nets fan. apparently Rodi's ex is in her 30s.

He immediately accused the woman of being a gold digger based on the age difference, and said if he was abusive why did she stay. I just said that the situation is really awful and I hope that Rodi didn't do it, and then I went over to the printer to end the conversation. I had no more reason to discuss the matter with him.

Yet, people wonder why women don't speak up or come forward? This is the crap that comes flying out of men's mouths any time a woman comes forward. Every single time. Look at how on the GB dudes were calling DeMarcus Cousin's ex a gold digger and a whore for reporting to the police that the dude threatened to blow her head off.

Also, Stockholm syndrome is a very real phenomenon that occurs in abusive relationships. That's why it isn't strange at all to see that the relationship continued even after the incident of DV.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,643
And1: 10,587
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter


I’m going to wait and see how this plays out but he ultimately doesn’t look good at all with the quotes but the lack of evidence in the court proceedings make it very fishy and it is very fishy because I’ve seen them always together on his IG.


Them "being together on instagram" is irrelevant nor should it be brought up to try and minimize the credibility of her claims. many women are beaten, raped, repeatedly, the man convicted and they still go back to him. One of the biggest struggles we face with domestic abuse (other then it being under prosecuted and under punished) is women feeling trapped or that they cant leave.

And there is 100% nothing fishy about the "timing". it is extremely difficult for a woman in america to come forward about domestic violence. the main reason being that as soon as they do they go through a charecter assassination, told they dressed too slutty, asked for it, shouldnt have put themselves in that situation, said something sooner, etc. When a woman makes a claim, it should be taken seriously, right now its minimized and trivialized

She might be a nut case but the fact he was arrested two months later than when the initial incident occurred is extremely strange and makes no sense. It doesn’t mention anywhere it being filed before and him being arrested now.


there is nothing odd or strange about this. this is the norm with DV cases. they typically get reported late, and extremely tough to investigate and charges often come late (or never).


A co worker of mine came over to my desk to discuss this since he knows I'm a Nets fan. apparently Rodi's ex is in her 30s.

He immediately accused the woman of being a gold digger based on the age difference, and said if he was abusive why did she stay. I just said that the situation is really awful and I hope that Rodi didn't do it, and then I went over to the printer to end the conversation. I had no more reason to discuss the matter with him.

Yet, people wonder why women don't speak up or come forward? This is the crap that comes flying out of men's mouths any time a woman comes forward. Every single time. Look at how on the GB dudes were calling DeMarcus Cousin's ex a gold digger and a whore for reporting to the police that the dude threatened to blow her head off.

Also, Stockholm syndrome is a very real phenomenon that occurs in abusive relationships. That's why it isn't strange at all to see that the relationship continued even after the incident of DV.



Exactly this. Look at the women in the Cavanaugh case. This image below should distrub everyone to their core:

Image

times areticle on why its so hard for women to come forward:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/us/kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford.html
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
gigantes
Pro Prospect
Posts: 753
And1: 227
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#45 » by gigantes » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:22 pm

So only about 1/100 cases actually make it to prosecution, and then only half of those actually get punished by law. I didn't know it was that bad, wow.

It doesn't take much imagination to see how these kinds of blatant injustices can undermine a country. In all kinds of ways, of course.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,836
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 19, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#46 » by halfHAVOC » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:37 pm

Wasn't expecting this. Hopefully the girl isn't hurt and Rodi deals what whatever problems he has going on to grow from this incident.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#47 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:02 pm

I have to applaud the maturity and overall general decent human beings on this Nets board, especially regarding this incident where one of our own guys is involved. Yall are a good, sensible group man, compared to the complete straight up trash I encounter on the GB in regards to this issue.

Our fandom, at least on here, well reps the culture that Marks and Atkinson has built for this team that we root for.

I hope that deep down, Rodi is innocent of any wrong doing. But I will not dismiss this woman's claims until both parties have their day in court.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Them "being together on instagram" is irrelevant nor should it be brought up to try and minimize the credibility of her claims. many women are beaten, raped, repeatedly, the man convicted and they still go back to him. One of the biggest struggles we face with domestic abuse (other then it being under prosecuted and under punished) is women feeling trapped or that they cant leave.

And there is 100% nothing fishy about the "timing". it is extremely difficult for a woman in america to come forward about domestic violence. the main reason being that as soon as they do they go through a charecter assassination, told they dressed too slutty, asked for it, shouldnt have put themselves in that situation, said something sooner, etc. When a woman makes a claim, it should be taken seriously, right now its minimized and trivialized



there is nothing odd or strange about this. this is the norm with DV cases. they typically get reported late, and extremely tough to investigate and charges often come late (or never).


A co worker of mine came over to my desk to discuss this since he knows I'm a Nets fan. apparently Rodi's ex is in her 30s.

He immediately accused the woman of being a gold digger based on the age difference, and said if he was abusive why did she stay. I just said that the situation is really awful and I hope that Rodi didn't do it, and then I went over to the printer to end the conversation. I had no more reason to discuss the matter with him.

Yet, people wonder why women don't speak up or come forward? This is the crap that comes flying out of men's mouths any time a woman comes forward. Every single time. Look at how on the GB dudes were calling DeMarcus Cousin's ex a gold digger and a whore for reporting to the police that the dude threatened to blow her head off.

Also, Stockholm syndrome is a very real phenomenon that occurs in abusive relationships. That's why it isn't strange at all to see that the relationship continued even after the incident of DV.



Exactly this. Look at the women in the Cavanaugh case. This image below should distrub everyone to their core:

Image

times areticle on why its so hard for women to come forward:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/us/kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford.html


Yep, I've seen this before and frankly I've lost friends to DV so I know for a fact that any claims should be taken 100% seriously and should be investigated with every resource available.

Some people think it's easy to come forward and admit abuse. It isn't. That goes for DV, rape, molestation, etc. It's an incredible act of bravery to do so that usually more times than not comes with so much pain for the victim that it almost makes it not worth it.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
MGrand15
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,152
And1: 1,299
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#49 » by MGrand15 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I have to applaud the maturity and overall general decent human beings on this Nets board, especially regarding this incident where one of our own guys is involved. Yall are a good, sensible group man, compared to the complete straight up trash I encounter on the GB in regards to this issue.

Our fandom, at least on here, well reps the culture that Marks and Atkinson has built for this team that we root for.

I hope that deep down, Rodi is innocent of any wrong doing. But I will not dismiss this woman's claims until both parties have their day in court.


This board (specifically this Net forum - not general) is 1000 levels above most communities I come across when it comes to social issues. Makes it A LOT easier to hang around here.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,645
And1: 1,738
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#50 » by Papi_swav » Wed Sep 4, 2019 11:22 pm

There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,643
And1: 10,587
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#51 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:29 am

Papi_swav wrote:There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.


this simply is, 10000% incorrect according to the data. false claims and dropped claims deemed to be false pending investigation make up less then 1 percent of all rape allegations.

women being raped and not coming forward is a bajillion times a bigger issue, since 75% dont ever come forward, basically because there are people who think like you telling them "well you probably are just trying to get something from the dude"
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#52 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 5, 2019 12:39 pm

Papi_swav wrote:There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.


It is absolutely not a 50/50 thing in terms of rape claims, I disagree 100%.

I don't understand what the MeToo movement has done to make it harder to believe victims. Claims of domestic violence and sexual abuse should absolutely taken seriously and investigated. The amount of actual rapes and assaults far outweigh claims proven to be false. It's not even close. The fact that people are so quick to attack the accusers in these situations instead of allowing their claims to be properly investigated by the police are a huge part of the reason why women do not come forward right away.

Regarding this situation, we cannot say that there is no evidence. Rodi had a warrant put out for his arrest, so there had to be something that prosecutors have that led them to believe there could be merit to the accusations. We will wait and see. I'm hoping that he didn't do this, but we have to let things play out.

As I always try to tell dudes who are quick to doubt women...put a family member or loved on who is a woman in that situation. If your sister, mother, daughter, aunt, cousin, whoever came to you and told you a man choked them, slapped them across the face, and body slammed them, you would want their claims to be heard and investigated, right? Let's give that same respect to women we do not know, and let the facts speak for themselves, if Rodi is innocent, the facts will prove him to be innocent.

On another note, I knew two women who are not on this planet anymore because of domestic abusers, one of whom was stalked for months by an ex boyfriend until he broke into her house one afternoon and shot her in the head. The other was an 18 year old I was friends with in college who was trying to get away from an abusive ex, and the dude strangled her to death and left her corpse in her dorm room bed for her roommate to find hours later. I'll never forget the last conversation I had with her, she told me the guy had drove up to campus so she was going to talk to him...I had a bad feeling about it (because she had told me he was abusive but was afraid to go to the police). Hours later, I'm watching an ambulance take her corpse off of campus. Both of these situations had two young women who were scared to come forward about what was happening to them until it was too late.

You've got to give women the benefit of a doubt. We've fostered an environment where physical and sexual violence happens and victims feel like they have nowhere to go and are trapped. Taking claims seriously and allowing for them to be vetted is a step towards trying to at least fix some of this crap.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,645
And1: 1,738
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#53 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.


this simply is, 10000% incorrect according to the data. false claims and dropped claims deemed to be false pending investigation make up less then 1 percent of all rape allegations.

women being raped and not coming forward is a bajillion times a bigger issue, since 75% dont ever come forward, basically because there are people who think like you telling them "well you probably are just trying to get something from the dude"

Prok come on dude how is it 1000000% incorrect ? Just look at hollyweird, look at all the actors , celebrities etc that has there image ruined and can't find another role because of some scorned women. Or just look at the news, it seems like every week a guy is being released from jail because a women lied on the guy raping or abusing her 20 something years ago. Emmit Till? Where are u getting this bogus statistics from? Granted, there is some Harvey Weinstein dudes out there, but look at the times we're living in. It's 2019 and women can just say you raped, harassed or abused them just to get some money out of him or ruin his image because she's salty about some nonsense without evidence and the man is automatically guilty until proven innocent, and even then he's still guilty and ppl would look at him funny forever. And even if the man is proven innocent or if the women lied there are no repercussions for her false accusations. I've seen this many many many times that it makes it hard to actually believe the true victims. Sorry that's just the times were living in. And I've seen this happen first hand more than once in my old jobs just for the man to lose his job or position. Don't be so quick to put your cape on.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,643
And1: 10,587
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#54 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:40 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.


this simply is, 10000% incorrect according to the data. false claims and dropped claims deemed to be false pending investigation make up less then 1 percent of all rape allegations.

women being raped and not coming forward is a bajillion times a bigger issue, since 75% dont ever come forward, basically because there are people who think like you telling them "well you probably are just trying to get something from the dude"

Prok come on dude how is it 1000000% incorrect ? Just look at hollyweird, look at all the actors , celebrities etc that has there image ruined and can't find another role because of some scorned women. Or just look at the news, it seems like every week a guy is being released from jail because a women lied on the guy raping or abusing her 20 something years ago. Emmit Till? Where are u getting this bogus statistics from? Granted, there is some Harvey Weinstein dudes out there, but look at the times we're living in. It's 2019 and women can just say you raped, harassed or abused them just to get some money out of him or ruin his image because she's salty about some nonsense without evidence and the man is automatically guilty until proven innocent, and even then he's still guilty and ppl would look at him funny forever. And even if the man is proven innocent or if the women lied there are no repercussions for her false accusations. I've seen this many many many times that it makes it hard to actually believe the true victims. Sorry that's just the times were living in. And I've seen this happen first hand more than once in my old jobs just for the man to lose his job or position. Don't be so quick to put your cape on.



you are wrong. the statistics prove it. and false narratives like this are why 75% of women who are raped dont come forwards.

as already mentioned, less thn 1% of rape allegations turn out to be false allegations or are retracted.

being falsely accused of rape is NOT a problem in the U.S. are you really worried about someone falsely accusing you/a man of rape and being convicted or punished? you could actually rape a woman and wont get convicted, let alone of you dont rape one and are accused.
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,645
And1: 1,738
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#55 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.


It is absolutely not a 50/50 thing in terms of rape claims, I disagree 100%.

I don't understand what the MeToo movement has done to make it harder to believe victims. Claims of domestic violence and sexual abuse should absolutely taken seriously and investigated. The amount of actual rapes and assaults far outweigh claims proven to be false. It's not even close. The fact that people are so quick to attack the accusers in these situations instead of allowing their claims to be properly investigated by the police are a huge part of the reason why women do not come forward right away.

Regarding this situation, we cannot say that there is no evidence. Rodi had a warrant put out for his arrest, so there had to be something that prosecutors have that led them to believe there could be merit to the accusations. We will wait and see. I'm hoping that he didn't do this, but we have to let things play out.

As I always try to tell dudes who are quick to doubt women...put a family member or loved on who is a woman in that situation. If your sister, mother, daughter, aunt, cousin, whoever came to you and told you a man choked them, slapped them across the face, and body slammed them, you would want their claims to be heard and investigated, right? Let's give that same respect to women we do not know, and let the facts speak for themselves, if Rodi is innocent, the facts will prove him to be innocent.

On another note, I knew two women who are not on this planet anymore because of domestic abusers, one of whom was stalked for months by an ex boyfriend until he broke into her house one afternoon and shot her in the head. The other was an 18 year old I was friends with in college who was trying to get away from an abusive ex, and the dude strangled her to death and left her corpse in her dorm room bed for her roommate to find hours later. I'll never forget the last conversation I had with her, she told me the guy had drove up to campus so she was going to talk to him...I had a bad feeling about it (because she had told me he was abusive but was afraid to go to the police). Hours later, I'm watching an ambulance take her corpse off of campus. Both of these situations had two young women who were scared to come forward about what was happening to them until it was too late.

You've got to give women the benefit of a doubt. We've fostered an environment where physical and sexual violence happens and victims feel like they have nowhere to go and are trapped. Taking claims seriously and allowing for them to be vetted is a step towards trying to at least fix some of this crap.

It absolutely is a 50/50 thing, check the news, look at celebrities or dudes with high status. Some women just recently admitted that she lied on Chris Brown rapping her just because CB kicked her out of his crib, and guess what? She gets to walk away freely with no arrests , no nothing. Women can just straight up lie and nothing will be done to her, and he also got arrested for that without any evidence so your argument is false.

I'm not saying these claims should be taken lightly, but there should be a full investigation before judging anybody, look at how you guys are acting, he's already guilty in your guys eyes and he wasn't convicted and there isn't much evidence right now. What happen to innocent until proven guilty? All I'm saying is you have to question all parties with these allegations because women will straight up lie just to get back at someone. This is 2019, this feminism metoo movement has women trying to set dudes up , watch the news bro.

Ahh the old "what if it happen to your sister or loved ones" statement... I don't know about u but I'm the type that will take matters into my own hands, that's just me though.

Sorry about your friends. yes this does happen, I'm not saying it doesn't but we are in a whole new world and times now bro. In my old job there were a few security guards that got paid well. This lady use to come up to my boy being freaky and touching all on him and the other security guards. I think one of them was sleeping with her, so a couple months later the guy cut it off with her and said she's crazy and he just got tired of her. Right then and there she called the cops and accused all of the security guards of sexually harassing her, they all 4 get arrested right on the spot, no evidence no nothing. Ppl knew she was messing with one of the guys there. Anyway, the security guards were fired right on the spot while she walks around giggling and smiling like nothing happened. They go to court, she admits she lied, she was making up different stories and she had no choice to admit it was bogus. Charges dropped, they lose there good jobs, she keeps her job with a smile on her face. I use to also work at dominos when I was 18, this one girl did not like this certain guy for some reason nobody knows why, she told the boss fire or I'm calling the cops and to say he raped me. Next day fired.

Imagine all the stories around the world like this. This happens almost everyday. I'm not giving no women the benefit of the doubt, or any man for that matter, nobody gets the benefit of the doubt in my eyes until facts are delivered. So it absolutely is a 50/50 thing in this day and age. Maybe not in the 80s or 90s but in 2019 the ball is on the other side.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#56 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:52 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:There is no evidence. I've seen this story many times, half the times it's true and half of the time it isn't. We've seen how women try to play victim and say a man has raped or abused her after the man has broke up with her just to try to ruin his image or bag. Not trying to downplay abuse or anything but this #metoo movement has gotten way out of hand and it makes it 10 times harder to actually believe the victims or at least it makes you question everything about this situation.


this simply is, 10000% incorrect according to the data. false claims and dropped claims deemed to be false pending investigation make up less then 1 percent of all rape allegations.

women being raped and not coming forward is a bajillion times a bigger issue, since 75% dont ever come forward, basically because there are people who think like you telling them "well you probably are just trying to get something from the dude"

Prok come on dude how is it 1000000% incorrect ? Just look at hollyweird, look at all the actors , celebrities etc that has there image ruined and can't find another role because of some scorned women. Or just look at the news, it seems like every week a guy is being released from jail because a women lied on the guy raping or abusing her 20 something years ago. Emmit Till? Where are u getting this bogus statistics from? Granted, there is some Harvey Weinstein dudes out there, but look at the times we're living in. It's 2019 and women can just say you raped, harassed or abused them just to get some money out of him or ruin his image because she's salty about some nonsense without evidence and the man is automatically guilty until proven innocent, and even then he's still guilty and ppl would look at him funny forever. And even if the man is proven innocent or if the women lied there are no repercussions for her false accusations. I've seen this many many many times that it makes it hard to actually believe the true victims. Sorry that's just the times were living in. And I've seen this happen first hand more than once in my old jobs just for the man to lose his job or position. Don't be so quick to put your cape on.


You are taking certain instances and are trying to project them as the norm, as if there is an epidemic of women crying wolf, when there isn't. False rape accusations are statistically rare, what he's saying isn't bogus just because you see a bunch of sexual predators in Hollywood being outed for their behavior.

You have a higher chance of raping a woman and getting away with it, or a rape not even being reported, in this country than a woman falsely accusing you of raping them. That is a fact.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,645
And1: 1,738
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#57 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
this simply is, 10000% incorrect according to the data. false claims and dropped claims deemed to be false pending investigation make up less then 1 percent of all rape allegations.

women being raped and not coming forward is a bajillion times a bigger issue, since 75% dont ever come forward, basically because there are people who think like you telling them "well you probably are just trying to get something from the dude"

Prok come on dude how is it 1000000% incorrect ? Just look at hollyweird, look at all the actors , celebrities etc that has there image ruined and can't find another role because of some scorned women. Or just look at the news, it seems like every week a guy is being released from jail because a women lied on the guy raping or abusing her 20 something years ago. Emmit Till? Where are u getting this bogus statistics from? Granted, there is some Harvey Weinstein dudes out there, but look at the times we're living in. It's 2019 and women can just say you raped, harassed or abused them just to get some money out of him or ruin his image because she's salty about some nonsense without evidence and the man is automatically guilty until proven innocent, and even then he's still guilty and ppl would look at him funny forever. And even if the man is proven innocent or if the women lied there are no repercussions for her false accusations. I've seen this many many many times that it makes it hard to actually believe the true victims. Sorry that's just the times were living in. And I've seen this happen first hand more than once in my old jobs just for the man to lose his job or position. Don't be so quick to put your cape on.



you are wrong. the statistics prove it. and false narratives like this are why 75% of women who are raped dont come forwards.

as already mentioned, less thn 1% of rape allegations turn out to be false allegations or are retracted.

being falsely accused of rape is NOT a problem in the U.S. are you really worried about someone falsely accusing you/a man of rape and being convicted or punished? you could actually rape a woman and wont get convicted, let alone of you dont rape one and are accused.

It's actually 40% of women who are "raped" don't come forward.

Bro don't take this personal, why are you trying to bring me into this? I should report what you just said because that's wrong how your trying to do me like that. I let women come on to me, I let the women choose, simple as that.

Just look at the MGTOW movement, "Men Going There Own Way". Many many men have stories about women doing them wrong in such cases like this. Some even say the women abused them, but of course captain save a *** guys like you would never believe them. This is a 50/50 case and I'm not making any judgement until ALL the facts are presented.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-banks-biopic-puts-spotlight-on-false-rape-allegations-and-the-lives-it-destroys

Check out the Brian Banks movie that just came out last month.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#58 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:14 pm

Papi_swav wrote:It absolutely is a 50/50 thing, check the news, look at celebrities or dudes with high status. Some women just recently admitted that she lied on Chris Brown rapping her just because CB kicked her out of his crib, and guess what? She gets to walk away freely with no arrests , no nothing. Women can just straight up lie and nothing will be done to her, and he also got arrested for that without any evidence so your argument is false.


It isn't a 50/50 thing, you are taking isolated incidents and trying to pass them off as the norm when it isn't. Yes, women lie, and there are cases where men have been **** ed over by those lies. But they are not the norm, regardless of how many celebrity anecdotes you want to bring up.

Also, Chris Brown isn't exactly a dude you should be caping for:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

If a woman claimed that the person who did this in the above report assaulted her, the police absolutely should arrest him and investigate it because of his prior behavior. **** him, he's lucky someone hasn't put a bullet in him by now.

I'm not saying these claims should be taken lightly, but there should be a full investigation before judging anybody, look at how you guys are acting, he's already guilty in your guys eyes and he wasn't convicted and there isn't much evidence right now. What happen to innocent until proven guilty? All I'm saying is you have to question all parties with these allegations because women will straight up lie just to get back at someone. This is 2019, this feminism metoo movement has women trying to set dudes up , watch the news bro.


Read what I said in this thread. If the allegations are true, yes Rodi should be punished. IF. I haven't declared him guilty. That's not my job. I've said numerous times that I hope that Rodi didn't do this...but for him to be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor the DA probably has something substantial to take this to court.

Ahh the old "what if it happen to your sister or loved ones" statement... I don't know about u but I'm the type that will take matters into my own hands, that's just me though.


That's your prerogative. I'm not above beating the **** out of someone either. But it helps to put things in perspective because the idea that every woman is lying once an accusation is made is a dangerous mentality that leads to actual rapes and abuse to not be reported. No one will believe me, so why say anything. That mentality that you have is apart of the problem bro.

Sorry about your friends. yes this does happen, I'm not saying it doesn't but we are in a whole new world and times now bro.


If this new world means that men who rape and abuse women will be held accountable, that's a good thing isn't it? Because again, and you can go right to google and verify this yourself: the amount of false rape accusations that actually happen are small compared to the enormous numbers of actual rapes and DV cases.

In my old job there were a few security guards that got paid well. This lady use to come up to my boy being freaky and touching all on him and the other security guards. I think one of them was sleeping with her, so a couple months later the guy cut it off with her and said she's crazy and he just got tired of her. Right then and there she called the cops and accused all of the security guards of sexually harassing her, they all 4 get arrested right on the spot, no evidence no nothing. Ppl knew she was messing with one of the guys there. Anyway, the security guards were fired right on the spot while she walks around giggling and smiling like nothing happened. They go to court, she admits she lied, she was making up different stories and she had no choice to admit it was bogus. Charges dropped, they lose there good jobs, she keeps her job with a smile on her face. I use to also work at dominos when I was 18, this one girl did not like this certain guy for some reason nobody knows why, she told the boss fire or I'm calling the cops and to say he raped me. Next day fired.

Imagine all the stories around the world like this. This happens almost everyday. I'm not giving no women the benefit of the doubt, or any man for that matter, nobody gets the benefit of the doubt in my eyes until facts are delivered. So it absolutely is a 50/50 thing in this day and age. Maybe not in the 80s or 90s but in 2019 the ball is on the other side.


Those are awful situations, and yes even I have known trifling ass women in my life. But that doesn't mean that what happened there is the norm.

Here is the reality:

250,000 rapes occur in the United States every year. these are only the ones that are actually reported.

Source: https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence

1 out of every 6 women in the US has been raped or the victim of an attempted rape in her lifetime.

Now if you can show me proof that a quarter of a million false rape accusations against men occur every year, or that 1 out of every 6 men will be falsely accused of rape in their lifetime, then I'll believe you.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
gigantes
Pro Prospect
Posts: 753
And1: 227
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#59 » by gigantes » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:32 am

Deadlines & Commitments wrote:
October 21 -- Rodion Kurucs' next hearing on domestic assault charges in Brooklyn.

Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,676
And1: 11,823
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#60 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:07 am

gigantes wrote:
Deadlines & Commitments wrote:
October 21 -- Rodion Kurucs' next hearing on domestic assault charges in Brooklyn.

Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like

Return to Brooklyn Nets