ImageImageImageImageImage

Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

kamaze
Head Coach
Posts: 6,697
And1: 897
Joined: Jul 10, 2005

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#61 » by kamaze » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:
Deadlines & Commitments wrote:
October 21 -- Rodion Kurucs' next hearing on domestic assault charges in Brooklyn.

Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.


Come up off it bruh he made a mistake. He's young.
Who's going to sacrifice for their teammates here? Defense? Unselfishness?
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:36 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.


Come up off it bruh he made a mistake. He's young.


He's old enough to know that choking and slapping a woman is wrong, get the **** out of here with this garbage.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
kamaze
Head Coach
Posts: 6,697
And1: 897
Joined: Jul 10, 2005

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#63 » by kamaze » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Quit acting so high and mighty like you didn't make any mistakes at that age.
Who's going to sacrifice for their teammates here? Defense? Unselfishness?
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,375
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#64 » by Papi_swav » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:
Deadlines & Commitments wrote:
October 21 -- Rodion Kurucs' next hearing on domestic assault charges in Brooklyn.

Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.

Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,827
And1: 8,233
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault  

Post#65 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 am

I haven’t been around as much this summer because of the relationship I ended up putting myself in which was also my fault for entertaining my ex but after I reflected on it and this individual I have to now classify as an ex who I ended up developing a strong bond and feelings for told me a few weeks ago I tried to hit her.

When all I did was grab my phone out of her hand after she repeatedly made it a thing to go through my phone while I slept to attack or text my actual ex on “our” behalf let me know the depths of what some females can do or say in the moment due to their own problems and lack of maturity.

It doesn’t excuse the fact I definitely had created a bad dynamic by being cool or thinking me and my ex could be friends. It didn’t excuse my current girlfriend from going to my exes job to physically fight her over a silly war of words on Snapchat and that resulted into my current girlfriend, now ex getting arrested for assault and losing her ability to work with children.

However, the details here paint a picture of a person who did probably assault her at one point even if it was self defense of some real disrespectful comments on social media...it doesn’t make it right.

This same person I am speaking of also told me she could get dudes to kill me because she claimed I hit her. She also said she would kill me in my own home. After that, I realized any kind of altercations with a male is a nasty trigger of her past abuse by another male who was a piece of **** but she doesn’t seem to understand she hasn’t healed and has taken on some of those traits.

Despite everything, she claimed after talking to her best friend’s mom and that “talked” her out of it and she would’ve never acted on her threat. The issue there is...she does actually have a lot of male friends who have been crips in the past and currently. She knew how I felt about that kind of stuff so she used it as a way to get under my skin and actually admitted to this.

As a man, I knew it would be weak to even pursue a restraining order and being from Bed Stuy, Flatbush and now residing in Canarsie. I knew I couldn’t remotely feel good about myself making any reports about that. Especially, considering she’s a bit younger than me.

Either way, this was a learning experience this summer but more so, a reality check of the depths of females in the new millennium. So, I do believe he could’ve been on the wrong side of this accusation case but I do believe they had an ugly argument and even if she reported those details too late for credibility. I do think he is at fault for most of the alleged actions in the report including the “I’m going to kill myself.” Because it sounds similar to a 21 year old in a relationship of raw emotion.

I can admit, despite how much I entered the relationship just head over heels for her and her innocent look and overall personality. I began to develop a disdain for her she would carry herself whenever she was upset because I personally don’t believe a female should ever threaten you, throw stuff in the street in a very residential suburb kind of environment when the neighbors are watching and you are only causing this level of a scene to make me feel embarrassed.

I don’t think Rodions at 21 can understand how to carry the emotions of a female that you might feel is disrespecting your home or your brand. You deal with it by being the bigger person and making that decision to take it or leave it.

She could’ve made these allegations in the future if he broke up with her but the reality of physical marks and most likely, neighbors who have heard it creates a very bad situation for him and his reputation most importantly.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:38 am

kamaze wrote:Quit acting so high and mighty like you didn't make any mistakes at that age.


I've made plenty of mistakes. Domestic violence against women isn't one of them. You may think of it as no big deal, but in the real world everyone else with common sense does.

That being said, Rodi's day in court is coming so I'm hoping that he didn't do this.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:54 am

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.

Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.


It's a civil case dude, AB isn't going to jail over this regardless of what happens.

The emails really don't paint him in a flattering light (Brown admitted to committing one of the acts that she is accusing him of in the emails), but I myself am wondering about the nature of their relationship especially since she kept going back to him and trying to do business with him even after the fact. Seems to me, personally like they were definitely **** ing around with each other and things turned sour. But again, it's not a criminal case, there's no police report. But this situation doesn't really prove your point at all. You keep pulling out isolated incidents and trying to pass them off as every woman who claims rape is a liar, which is insane.

Also...just because you hate women doesn't mean that every man who takes claims of sexual assault or domestic violence seriously is putting on a cape. Grow up bro, trying to call people white knights and captain save a ho when it comes to matters as serious as rape and abuse is childish as ****.

Also, you still didn't respond to the last post I made on this subject where you claimed that rapes and false claims are a 50/50 situation. Can you kindly provide data that a quarter million false rape claims are made each year to match the number of women who really are raped in the United States every year? Because your math looks suspect fam.

Yall dudes on here treat sexual assault like it's a **** ing joke. If some dude raped one of my family members I'm probably going to prison.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:10 am

Paradise wrote:I haven’t been around as much this summer because of the relationship I ended up putting myself in which was also my fault for entertaining my ex but after I reflected on it and this individual I have to now classify as an ex who I ended up developing a strong bond and feelings for told me a few weeks ago I tried to hit her.

When all I did was grab my phone out of her hand after she repeatedly made it a thing to go through my phone while I slept to attack or text my actual ex on “our” behalf let me know the depths of what some females can do or say in the moment due to their own problems and lack of maturity.

It doesn’t excuse the fact I definitely had created a bad dynamic by being cool or thinking me and my ex could be friends. It didn’t excuse my current girlfriend from going to my exes job to physically fight her over a silly war of words on Snapchat and that resulted into my current girlfriend, now ex getting arrested for assault and losing her ability to work with children.

However, the details here paint a picture of a person who did probably assault her at one point even if it was self defense of some real disrespectful comments on social media...it doesn’t make it right.

This same person I am speaking of also told me she could get dudes to kill me because she claimed I hit her. She also said she would kill me in my own home. After that, I realized any kind of altercations with a male is a nasty trigger of her past abuse by another male who was a piece of **** but she doesn’t seem to understand she hasn’t healed and has taken on some of those traits.

Despite everything, she claimed after talking to her best friend’s mom and that “talked” her out of it and she would’ve never acted on her threat. The issue there is...she does actually have a lot of male friends who have been crips in the past and currently. She knew how I felt about that kind of stuff so she used it as a way to get under my skin and actually admitted to this.

As a man, I knew it would be weak to even pursue a restraining order and being from Bed Stuy, Flatbush and now residing in Canarsie. I knew I couldn’t remotely feel good about myself making any reports about that. Especially, considering she’s a bit younger than me.

Either way, this was a learning experience this summer but more so, a reality check of the depths of females in the new millennium. So, I do believe he could’ve been on the wrong side of this accusation case but I do believe they had an ugly argument and even if she reported those details too late for credibility. I do think he is at fault for most of the alleged actions in the report including the “I’m going to kill myself.” Because it sounds similar to a 21 year old in a relationship of raw emotion.

I can admit, despite how much I entered the relationship just head over heels for her and her innocent look and overall personality. I began to develop a disdain for her she would carry herself whenever she was upset because I personally don’t believe a female should ever threaten you, throw stuff in the street in a very residential suburb kind of environment when the neighbors are watching and you are only causing this level of a scene to make me feel embarrassed.

I don’t think Rodions at 21 can understand how to carry the emotions of a female that you might feel is disrespecting your home or your brand. You deal with it by being the bigger person and making that decision to take it or leave it.

She could’ve made these allegations in the future if he broke up with her but the reality of physical marks and most likely, neighbors who have heard it creates a very bad situation for him and his reputation most importantly.


I'm sorry you had to go through that fam, but I think you're handling it in a really mature manner. I was your age once, and I also dealt with my share of crazy. It also really sucks when you have to be on the receiving end of an abused person's wrath because of what someone else did to them.

The thing is, I remember when I was younger I would look past or ignore red flags with women because younger me just wanted to stick my dick in something. The older I get the more that becomes less important when compared to peace, stability quality of living, finances, etc. I was once in an awful relationship like that too and it took me awhile to learn enough to just walk away.

Now though I realize that who I choose to associate with is also my responsibility, and if I ignore red flags that's on me. The older I get the more I don't bother with certain types of people. I'll ghost someone in a second these days I don't care :lol: i think a lot of men need to understand that walking away is better than sitting there and letting emotions over take you, especially anger. Once things start getting violent, either on her part or yours, you're in a territory that no one needs to be in.

Regarding Rodi, the part that disturbed me is the accusation that he claimed that he wanted to kill himself while he was assaulting her (allegedly). That is a textbook abuser's tactic, which made me think that this may not be a bunch of lies. However, we've got to let the courts decide here. I want to know what evidence the DA has that led them to taking this to trial.

and um yeah one piece of advice...being friends with an ex while dating someone new isn't going to ever work out well. ever. :lol:
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,375
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#69 » by Papi_swav » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.

Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.


It's a civil case dude, AB isn't going to jail over this regardless of what happens.

The emails really don't paint him in a flattering light (Brown admitted to committing one of the acts that she is accusing him of in the emails), but I myself am wondering about the nature of their relationship especially since she kept going back to him and trying to do business with him even after the fact. Seems to me, personally like they were definitely **** ing around with each other and things turned sour. But again, it's not a criminal case, there's no police report. But this situation doesn't really prove your point at all. You keep pulling out isolated incidents and trying to pass them off as everyone woman who claims rape is a liar, which is insane.

Also...just because you hate women doesn't mean that every man who takes claims of sexual assault or domestic violence seriously is putting on a cape. Grow up bro, trying to call people white knights and captain save a ho when it comes to matters as serious as rape and abuse is childish as ****.

Also, you still didn't respond to the last post I made on this subject where you claimed that rapes and false claims are a 50/50 situation. Can you kindly provide data that a quarter million false rape claims are made each year to match the number of women who really are raped in the United States every year? Because your math looks suspect fam.

Yall dudes on here treat sexual assault like it's a **** ing joke. If some dude raped one of my family members I'm probably going to prison.

so if someone "raped" you, would you try to get money out that person or would you want them in prison for as long as possible? that doesn't make any sense, she's just trying to come up off of him. It's that simple.

The emails mean nothing, it's clear they was messing around . This situation proves my point 100% .. Cuba Gooding Jr is going through the same thing, Jeremy Piven is too, and many others, it seems like every week there's a new story .

Not saying that none of it is true, my whole point is that now in this day and age we have to question all sides. We can't just simply believe the women right off the bat, this is a different time and women are trying to come up, it's become the new hustle at this point and I don't see why u can't understand that or see it.

I don't know why you would say I hate women when I'm trying to get you to open your mind, wake up bro. There are some very evil women out there and they will do you worse than men, trust me.

The data don't tell the whole story, there are guys still being exonerated from a false rap or abuse from 20 years ago. Alot of charges are also dropped before they make it a case or go to court. Read the tabloids bro, I bet you next week it will be another celebrity or athlete ... might be true or it might not, but now we have to question both sides and not jump to conclusions.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:39 am

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.


It's a civil case dude, AB isn't going to jail over this regardless of what happens.

The emails really don't paint him in a flattering light (Brown admitted to committing one of the acts that she is accusing him of in the emails), but I myself am wondering about the nature of their relationship especially since she kept going back to him and trying to do business with him even after the fact. Seems to me, personally like they were definitely **** ing around with each other and things turned sour. But again, it's not a criminal case, there's no police report. But this situation doesn't really prove your point at all. You keep pulling out isolated incidents and trying to pass them off as everyone woman who claims rape is a liar, which is insane.

Also...just because you hate women doesn't mean that every man who takes claims of sexual assault or domestic violence seriously is putting on a cape. Grow up bro, trying to call people white knights and captain save a ho when it comes to matters as serious as rape and abuse is childish as ****.

Also, you still didn't respond to the last post I made on this subject where you claimed that rapes and false claims are a 50/50 situation. Can you kindly provide data that a quarter million false rape claims are made each year to match the number of women who really are raped in the United States every year? Because your math looks suspect fam.

Yall dudes on here treat sexual assault like it's a **** ing joke. If some dude raped one of my family members I'm probably going to prison.

so if someone "raped" you, would you try to get money out that person or would you want them in prison for as long as possible? that doesn't make any sense, she's just trying to come up off of him. It's that simple.

The emails mean nothing, it's clear they was messing around . This situation proves my point 100% .. Cuba Gooding Jr is going through the same thing, Jeremy Piven is too, and many others, it seems like every week there's a new story .

Not saying that none of it is true, my whole point is that now in this day and age we have to question all sides. We can't just simply believe the women right off the bat, this is a different time and women are trying to come up, it's become the new hustle at this point and I don't see why u can't understand that or see it.

I don't know why you would say I hate women when I'm trying to get you to open your mind, wake up bro. There are some very evil women out there and they will do you worse than men, trust me.

The data don't tell the whole story, there are guys still being exonerated from a false rap or abuse from 20 years ago. Alot of charges are also dropped before they make it a case or go to court. Read the tabloids bro, I bet you next week it will be another celebrity or athlete ... might be true or it might not, but now we have to question both sides and not jump to conclusions.


You say that you don't hate women but I don't believe you tbh. "lol women" and what not.

I know that there are women out there who are pieces of ****. I'm not naive. But I'm also not naive enough to sit here and think that all men are automatically innocent of everything because I know for a fact that men do a lot of **** ed up **** to women on a daily basis. I've had to disown people because of their **** behavior. literally fought one of my older friends who was like an older brother to me outside of a bar over the fact that he was was being physically abusive towards his child's mother. this **** isn't a joke fam.

Listen..I'm sorry about whatever she did to you. But you've got to take a step back and realize that this isn't some world where men are being victimized everyday. We're not. We actually live very privileged lives compared to what women deal with on a daily basis, but I'm assuming you're a minority like me right?

Bro, we have more to fear from white male cops than we do women in terms of false accusations and god knows what else. Just take a step back for a bit.

Rapes happen. Every day. Women get their asses beat by men every day. if you want to challenge those claims, bring some facts into the matter outside of celebrity anecdotes. I'm not even trying to argue with you over this I just want you to see that while yes, there are **** women out there, we cannot dismiss claims of sexual assault and abuse based off of anecdotes and what not because the facts state that women aren't lying more times than not.

Your attitude is what actually protects rapists and other abusers.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:44 am

I also want to say that I love all of yall we're all Nets fans but i think this situation, regardless of what happens with Rodi is a teachable moment. in my younger days I didn't understand the extent of how awful Jason Kidd was as a person but at my age now, I do. If I can help younger Net fans to nip this **** in the bud I will without question. no hard feelings either.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
gigantes
Senior
Posts: 659
And1: 199
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#72 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I also want to say that I love all of yall we're all Nets fans but i think this situation, regardless of what happens with Rodi is a teachable moment. in my younger days I didn't understand the extent of how awful Jason Kidd was as a person but at my age now, I do. If I can help younger Net fans to nip this **** in the bud I will without question. no hard feelings either.

Damn... I was totally with you until you mentioned Jason Kidd. I'll have to get in to that one with y'all... some day.

But putting that aside, I think there's a particular danger in judging any group of people who've historically been treated like second-class people. Long story, but...
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I also want to say that I love all of yall we're all Nets fans but i think this situation, regardless of what happens with Rodi is a teachable moment. in my younger days I didn't understand the extent of how awful Jason Kidd was as a person but at my age now, I do. If I can help younger Net fans to nip this **** in the bud I will without question. no hard feelings either.

Damn... I was totally with you until you mentioned Jason Kidd. I'll have to get in to that one with y'all... some day.

But putting that aside, I think there's a particular danger in judging any group of people who've historically been treated like second-class people. Long story, but...


Love Kidd the player. The person? Meh.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,449
And1: 10,522
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#74 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:39 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.


Come up off it bruh he made a mistake. He's young.


making a mistake is not an excuse to get you off of being punished. especially for one of the worst crimes possible

he should be banned for life from the nets and the nba if convicted and do time in jail.

a mistake is is forgetting your lunch on the way to work. not raping or abusing someone
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 33,449
And1: 10,522
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#75 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Man... OCT 21 cannot come soon enough.

I certainly hope for everyone's sake that Rodi's been training hard as much as possible. If the charges are dismissed, then he's still an important part of the rotation, and this is still a big bball year for him(!)

Meanwhile, given that where there's smoke, there's generally fire, I'm hoping Marks finds a productive, useful way to hook him up with counseling or a life skills coach, or whatever. Best case scenario, he's able to honestly recognise any parts of this business in which he lost control / went over the line, and to turn it in to a teachable / growable moment.

Ideally this could work out remarkably well for this (still very) young man, and serve as something of a life pivot. Then again, life's not always a Hallmark special.

Bah. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall of Sean Marks' office...


I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.

Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.


the brown case is no different. he should be suspended while they investigate and then he should go to jail and be banned for life if convicted
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,375
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#76 » by Papi_swav » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I'm just hoping that Rodi didn't do what he is accused of.

But if he did, he should not be apart of this team anymore.

Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.


the brown case is no different. he should be suspended while they investigate and then he should go to jail and be banned for life if convicted

lmaooo dude did you read the story? did you read anything I said? So u believe anything that comes out of a women mouth ? This women is clearly lying and it's obvious they were intimate with each other. She's the reason why I'm saying you can't always jump to conclusions because women love crying wolf and trying to tarnish a mans image, they will go above and beyond to do stuff like that. And she's not even trying to put him in jail, she just want 2M from him to start her little business, it's called extortion. But ok Prok keep your cape on , it's ok I still got love for u.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#77 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yo MDB and Prok, what do you think about the Antonio brown story? now do you understand what I've been telling ya'll? Women will lie to ruin the guys image and thats exactly what she's trying to do, and this stuff happens alot now more than ever and you guys really sitting up here saying that it's rare.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/257716/update-emails-antonio-brown-allegedly-sent-to-accuser-have-been-released?page=2

"Taylor is looking for compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."
She's suing him but not doesn't have him arrested .

"Heitner added that Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him. " LOL women.

They had a consensual relationship but only when he turned her down she then want to cry rape. But if someone is raping u then why do you keep coming back and around that person? This is exactly what I've been telling you guys but ya wanna act like I'm crazy, this happens all the time !!! And guess what, after AB proves he's innocent, nothing will even happen to that girl. No jail time, no probation , no community service, nothing at all ! women can get away with murder and that's messed up. So now go ahead and put ya'll capes on.


the brown case is no different. he should be suspended while they investigate and then he should go to jail and be banned for life if convicted

lmaooo dude did you read the story? did you read anything I said? So u believe anything that comes out of a women mouth ? This women is clearly lying and it's obvious they were intimate with each other. She's the reason why I'm saying you can't always jump to conclusions because women love crying wolf and trying to tarnish a mans image, they will go above and beyond to do stuff like that. And she's not even trying to put him in jail, she just want 2M from him to start her little business, it's called extortion. But ok Prok keep your cape on , it's ok I still got love for u.


It's a civil case. Brown refused to pay her in a private settlement so it's going to trial. This does not involve jail time. The fact that he admitted to ejaculating on her back without her consent via text is probably going to cost AB tbh.

That being said, I would like to share this with the forum in hopes that it would enlighten some of you on sexual assault and why it isn't something to be laughed off or not to be taken seriously, especially coming from women:

Read on Twitter


All claims of sexual assault, regardless of gender, should be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,375
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#78 » by Papi_swav » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:30 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
the brown case is no different. he should be suspended while they investigate and then he should go to jail and be banned for life if convicted

lmaooo dude did you read the story? did you read anything I said? So u believe anything that comes out of a women mouth ? This women is clearly lying and it's obvious they were intimate with each other. She's the reason why I'm saying you can't always jump to conclusions because women love crying wolf and trying to tarnish a mans image, they will go above and beyond to do stuff like that. And she's not even trying to put him in jail, she just want 2M from him to start her little business, it's called extortion. But ok Prok keep your cape on , it's ok I still got love for u.


It's a civil case. Brown refused to pay her in a private settlement so it's going to trial. This does not involve jail time. The fact that he admitted to ejaculating on her back without her consent via text is probably going to cost AB tbh.

That being said, I would like to share this with the forum in hopes that it would enlighten some of you on sexual assault and why it isn't something to be laughed off or not to be taken seriously, especially coming from women:

Read on Twitter


All claims of sexual assault, regardless of gender, should be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Why is it a civil case though? Instead of trying to get him arrested ? Because she want that bag and throw dirt on his name. Bro how do you know he ejaculated on her back without her consent? those texts don't prove nothing. They had a sexual relationship, so where else is he going to ejaculate ? on her face or buttocks is better for you? He's just talking out his a$$ through those texts because he's mad and he's trying to get her angry, don't act like you never did that before. They were arguing and he was just trying to throw it in her face. Yea that was a little immature of him and I would never do that but he's just trying to clown her which is why she's crying wolf, it's that simple, she feel ashamed.

Bro, women have sex with men then feel guilty about it the next morning, week, month, years later. Many women lost their virginity to older men, then years later realize that he was a "rapist" and regret it. How many women get $*** faced drunk and have sex with guys then the next morning act so surprised or put the blame on the man? This happens ALOT. But yea it's the man's fault for taking advantage of them when he was just as $*** faced drunk as she was.

That is a high number and it is disgusting, but with this isn't the case with AB in this particular case. Read between those lines.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,217
And1: 11,708
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:lmaooo dude did you read the story? did you read anything I said? So u believe anything that comes out of a women mouth ? This women is clearly lying and it's obvious they were intimate with each other. She's the reason why I'm saying you can't always jump to conclusions because women love crying wolf and trying to tarnish a mans image, they will go above and beyond to do stuff like that. And she's not even trying to put him in jail, she just want 2M from him to start her little business, it's called extortion. But ok Prok keep your cape on , it's ok I still got love for u.


It's a civil case. Brown refused to pay her in a private settlement so it's going to trial. This does not involve jail time. The fact that he admitted to ejaculating on her back without her consent via text is probably going to cost AB tbh.

That being said, I would like to share this with the forum in hopes that it would enlighten some of you on sexual assault and why it isn't something to be laughed off or not to be taken seriously, especially coming from women:

Read on Twitter


All claims of sexual assault, regardless of gender, should be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Why is it a civil case though? Instead of trying to get him arrested ? Because she want that bag and throw dirt on his name. Bro how do you know he ejaculated on her back without her consent? those texts don't prove nothing. They had a sexual relationship, so where else is he going to ejaculate ? on her face or buttocks is better for you? He's just talking out his a$$ through those texts because he's mad and he's trying to get her angry, don't act like you never did that before. They were arguing and he was just trying to throw it in her face. Yea that was a little immature of him and I would never do that but he's just trying to clown her which is why she's crying wolf, it's that simple, she feel ashamed.

Bro, women have sex with men then feel guilty about it the next morning, week, month, years later. Many women lost their virginity to older men, then years later realize that he was a "rapist" and regret it. How many women get $*** faced drunk and have sex with guys then the next morning act so surprised or put the blame on the man? This happens ALOT. But yea it's the man's fault for taking advantage of them when he was just as $*** faced drunk as she was.

That is a high number and it is disgusting, but with this isn't the case with AB in this particular case. Read between those lines.


I'm not taking a side in AB's case. Frankly I don't think it's a criminal matter and based on what we do know I think the two of them were **** ing and things got out of hand. From the texts I read on Deadspin I think AB does admit to ejaculating on her and laughing about it. One of her claims is that he did that w/o her consent...in civil claims court that could be just enough in itself for him to end up having to pay up. I was just pointing that out, not trying to say that AB is a rapist. We don't know, there was no police report filed, rape kit, anything. Just my opinion.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,375
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#80 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:22 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
It's a civil case. Brown refused to pay her in a private settlement so it's going to trial. This does not involve jail time. The fact that he admitted to ejaculating on her back without her consent via text is probably going to cost AB tbh.

That being said, I would like to share this with the forum in hopes that it would enlighten some of you on sexual assault and why it isn't something to be laughed off or not to be taken seriously, especially coming from women:

Read on Twitter


All claims of sexual assault, regardless of gender, should be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Why is it a civil case though? Instead of trying to get him arrested ? Because she want that bag and throw dirt on his name. Bro how do you know he ejaculated on her back without her consent? those texts don't prove nothing. They had a sexual relationship, so where else is he going to ejaculate ? on her face or buttocks is better for you? He's just talking out his a$$ through those texts because he's mad and he's trying to get her angry, don't act like you never did that before. They were arguing and he was just trying to throw it in her face. Yea that was a little immature of him and I would never do that but he's just trying to clown her which is why she's crying wolf, it's that simple, she feel ashamed.

Bro, women have sex with men then feel guilty about it the next morning, week, month, years later. Many women lost their virginity to older men, then years later realize that he was a "rapist" and regret it. How many women get $*** faced drunk and have sex with guys then the next morning act so surprised or put the blame on the man? This happens ALOT. But yea it's the man's fault for taking advantage of them when he was just as $*** faced drunk as she was.

That is a high number and it is disgusting, but with this isn't the case with AB in this particular case. Read between those lines.


I'm not taking a side in AB's case. Frankly I don't think it's a criminal matter and based on what we do know I think the two of them were **** ing and things got out of hand. From the texts I read on Deadspin I think AB does admit to ejaculating on her and laughing about it. One of her claims is that he did that w/o her consent...in civil claims court that could be just enough in itself for him to end up having to pay up. I was just pointing that out, not trying to say that AB is a rapist. We don't know, there was no police report filed, rape kit, anything. Just my opinion.

lmaoo bro soo AB just secretly jerked off behind her and ejaculated on her back just for the heck of it? do you see how that sounds? they were screwing and he ejaculated on her back, where else is he going to ejaculate.That's her claim because that's her only little "evidence" she has and she's running with it. Like I said, he was laughing at her just to get her mad or angry. And it was a text so she's trying to use that against him. This is an educated guess though and I'm pretty sure this is what's happening.

Return to Brooklyn Nets