ImageImageImageImageImage

Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Re: Rodi Kurucs arrested by NYPD for domestic assault 

Post#81 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 am

Dude I'm not taking a side in the matter. It's her word vs his. It's not a criminal matter so it is what it is. All I'm saying is, in a civil case when those texts are presented as evidence he's not going to look good because he comes off as complete turd of a human being.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#82 » by Prokorov » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Papi_swav wrote:lmaooo dude did you read the story? did you read anything I said? So u believe anything that comes out of a women mouth ? This women is clearly lying and it's obvious they were intimate with each other. She's the reason why I'm saying you can't always jump to conclusions because women love crying wolf and trying to tarnish a mans image, they will go above and beyond to do stuff like that. And she's not even trying to put him in jail, she just want 2M from him to start her little business, it's called extortion. But ok Prok keep your cape on , it's ok I still got love for u.

yes i read the story.

yes i read what you said.

i dont beleive everything that comes out of anyones mouth. in domestic violence/rape cases i believe the woman over the man until facts prove otherwise, since the data overwhelmingly shows that if a woman comes forward, 99% of the time she is telling the truth. even more so when its for a man in power (men in power commit rape/DV at a higer rate then those that are not)

there is no benefit for a woman to try and accuse someone of rape falsely since:

1) most people wont beleive them regardless of facts
2) they will be called a slut/whore money grubber
3) any/all past photos or stuff will be dug up and they will be drug through the mud

this is why women who are raped never come forward or why they wont do it unless another woman has come forward first.

Antonio brown is a piece of garbage who has stiffed people and admitted to sexual misconduct already. the SI story that just came out does not look good. and he has more people about to come forward according to ian rappaport and SI.

Kurucs and brown are human garbage who deserve the worst of anything that could possibly happen to them.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Why is it a civil case though? Instead of trying to get him arrested ? Because she want that bag and throw dirt on his name. Bro how do you know he ejaculated on her back without her consent? those texts don't prove nothing. They had a sexual relationship, so where else is he going to ejaculate ? on her face or buttocks is better for you? He's just talking out his a$$ through those texts because he's mad and he's trying to get her angry, don't act like you never did that before. They were arguing and he was just trying to throw it in her face. Yea that was a little immature of him and I would never do that but he's just trying to clown her which is why she's crying wolf, it's that simple, she feel ashamed.

it is a civil case because in pittsburg, where it was alleged to happen the statute of limitations for a crminal case have past. no one needs to throw dirt on antonio browns name... its already filthy. the dude stiffed a chartiy for children.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Antonio Brown got cut from the Patriots yesterday because he sent threatening text messages to another woman who accused him of exposing himself to her while she was painting a mural in his house. The woman's lawyer immediately sent the messages to the NFL and they verified that they were real and from Brown.

I think I've seen enough to know that regardless of if he raped his first accuser or not, that dude is a grade A piece of ****.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#85 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:lmaooo dude did you read the story? did you read anything I said? So u believe anything that comes out of a women mouth ? This women is clearly lying and it's obvious they were intimate with each other. She's the reason why I'm saying you can't always jump to conclusions because women love crying wolf and trying to tarnish a mans image, they will go above and beyond to do stuff like that. And she's not even trying to put him in jail, she just want 2M from him to start her little business, it's called extortion. But ok Prok keep your cape on , it's ok I still got love for u.

yes i read the story.

i dont beleive everything that comes out of anyones mouth. in domestic violence/rape cases i believe the woman over the man until facts prove otherwise, since the data overwhelmingly shows that if a woman comes forward, 99% of the time she is telling the truth. even more so when its for a man in power (men in power commit rape/DV at a higer rate then those that are not)

there is no benefit for a woman to try and accuse someone of rape falsely since:

3) any/all past photos or stuff will be dug up and they will be drug through the mud

this is why women who are raped never come forward or why they wont do it unless another woman has come forward first.

Antonio brown is a piece of garbage who has stiffed people and admitted to sexual misconduct already. the SI story that just came out does not look good. and he has more people about to come forward according to ian rappaport and SI.

Kurucs and brown are human garbage who deserve the worst of anything that could possibly happen to them.

On Wednesday night, the woman says, she received a group text message that appeared to come from the same phone number Brown provided to her in 2017. The text chain, with four other phone numbers on it, included photos of her and her children, with the person she believes is Brown encouraging others in the group to investigate the woman. The texter accused the artist of fabricating her account of the 2017 incident for cash. (In her letter to the league, the woman’s attorney repeated that the artist is not seeking remuneration from Brown in connection with the alleged incident.)

The texter described the artist as a “super broke girl” and asked someone he refers to as “Eric B” to “look up her background history.” He then sent a screenshot of an Instagram photo she had posted showing the faces of her young children, adding “those her kids... she’s awful broke clearly.”

On Thursday evening, Lisa J. Banks, a lawyer for the artist, sent a letter to the NFL seeking an end to what she termed conduct by Brown that is “intimidating and threatening to our client, in violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.”

“Our client ... is understandably frightened by these text messages, which are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate her,” the lawyer wrote. “While she certainly qualifies as a ‘starving artist,’ she has never approached Mr. Brown, nor will she, about seeking money to compensate her for his sexual misconduct, contrary to his allegations in the text messages.”

The NFL responded to the letter within the hour, arranging for a phone call between investigators and the attorneys for the artist, according to a source with knowledge of the arrangement. The Patriots and Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not respond to SI’s requests for comment.

“This sort of intimidation and harassment is the reason victims are often so reluctant to step forward in these cases,” Banks told Sports Illustrated. “We have confidence the NFL and the Patriots will step in and end this behavior.

And exactly what Prok says happens to women who step forward is happening right here.

This is why I refuse to sit here and give dudes a pass for their awful behavior. If Rodi is guilty of what he is being accused of, I do not want him to be apart of the Nets.

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#86 » by Papi_swav » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

yes i read the story.

On Wednesday night, the woman says, she received a group text message that appeared to come from the same phone number Brown provided to her in 2017. The text chain, with four other phone numbers on it, included photos of her and her children, with the person she believes is Brown encouraging others in the group to investigate the woman. The texter accused the artist of fabricating her account of the 2017 incident for cash. (In her letter to the league, the woman’s attorney repeated that the artist is not seeking remuneration from Brown in connection with the alleged incident.)

The texter described the artist as a “super broke girl” and asked someone he refers to as “Eric B” to “look up her background history.” He then sent a screenshot of an Instagram photo she had posted showing the faces of her young children, adding “those her kids... she’s awful broke clearly.”

On Thursday evening, Lisa J. Banks, a lawyer for the artist, sent a letter to the NFL seeking an end to what she termed conduct by Brown that is “intimidating and threatening to our client, in violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.”

“Our client ... is understandably frightened by these text messages, which are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate her,” the lawyer wrote. “While she certainly qualifies as a ‘starving artist,’ she has never approached Mr. Brown, nor will she, about seeking money to compensate her for his sexual misconduct, contrary to his allegations in the text messages.”

The NFL responded to the letter within the hour, arranging for a phone call between investigators and the attorneys for the artist, according to a source with knowledge of the arrangement. The Patriots and Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not respond to SI’s requests for comment.

“This sort of intimidation and harassment is the reason victims are often so reluctant to step forward in these cases,” Banks told Sports Illustrated. “We have confidence the NFL and the Patriots will step in and end this behavior.

And exactly what Prok says happens to women who step forward is happening right here.

This is why I refuse to sit here and give dudes a pass for their awful behavior. If Rodi is guilty of what he is being accused of, I do not want him to be apart of the Nets.

Well see this is a different story, this is the 2nd accuser , which I didn't really investigate or read much of the story until now. My points were only on the 1st accuser which was clearly a money grab. AB is clearly a lunatic and should be checked for CTE. But now he's also being sued by a doctor for farting in his face? Is that correct? It just seems like a trend now, now everybody is coming out of left field to sue AB because of all his antics. I don't see why these ppl never came forward when it happened and waited all the way until now. I understand women may be scared, but he's a celebrity football player, what the hell is he going to do? OJ her .. highly unlikely.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#87 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
yes i read the story.

Well see this is a different story, this is the 2nd accuser , which I didn't really investigate or read much of the story until now. My points were only on the 1st accuser which was clearly a money grab. AB is clearly a lunatic and should be checked for CTE. But now he's also being sued by a doctor for farting in his face? Is that correct? It just seems like a trend now, now everybody is coming out of left field to sue AB because of all his antics. I don't see why these ppl never came forward when it happened and waited all the way until now. I understand women may be scared, but he's a celebrity football player, what the hell is he going to do? OJ her .. highly unlikely.

again, if you are a woman you should basically never come forward since no one will believe you, you will be dragged through the mud, you will be intimidated, and in the end the statute to win in a civil or criminal case is nearly impossible... then, even one someone is convicted, they get a slap on the wrist because it was only "20 seconds of fun" no to meniton the woman has to relive every moment of the rape for months in 2 different trials.

the reason everyone piles on once someone comes forward is because it makes all of those things easier.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#88 » by GTR11 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:45 am

There's no doubt RODI made a huge mistake putting his hands on that girl. Some type of punishment is a must in my opinion. With all that said let's not over react and sentence him a death row here. Most fans still cheered for J.Kidd after the fact he brutally beat up his wife at much later stage of his life. Let's just step back and find out entire truth before crucifying him. He made a huge mistake and let that lesson be a turning point for him to become a better person.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:11 am

GTR11 wrote:There's no doubt RODI made a huge mistake putting his hands on that girl. Some type of punishment is a must in my opinion. With all that said let's not over react and sentence him a death row here. Most fans still cheered for J.Kidd after the fact he brutally beat up his wife at much later stage of his life. Let's just step back and find out entire truth before crucifying him. He made a huge mistake and let that lesson be a turning point for him to become a better person.

I'm waiting to see what the state of NY has against Rodi because this is a criminal matter.

I cheered for Jason Kidd almost 20 years ago knowing full well that he slapped his wife in the face prior to getting traded to the Nets....but I'm not the same person that I was back in 2001. If Rodi is guilty, i will expect the Nets and the NBA to act accordingly.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#90 » by GTR11 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:There's no doubt RODI made a huge mistake putting his hands on that girl. Some type of punishment is a must in my opinion. With all that said let's not over react and sentence him a death row here. Most fans still cheered for J.Kidd after the fact he brutally beat up his wife at much later stage of his life. Let's just step back and find out entire truth before crucifying him. He made a huge mistake and let that lesson be a turning point for him to become a better person.

I'm waiting to see what the state of NY has against Rodi because this is a criminal matter.

I cheered for Jason Kidd almost 20 years ago knowing full well that he slapped his wife in the face prior to getting traded to the Nets....but I'm not the same person that I was back in 2001. If Rodi is guilty, i will expect the Nets and the NBA to act accordingly.

Neither am I, MDB we grown ass people now and understand the fact that Rodi made a huge mistake. My mom beat the effin hell out of me when I was 5 and said she'll kill me if I ever raise a hand on a female after I pushed my little sister and she fell crying. Quote " I gave you birth I'll kill myself if I ever find out you raised your hand on a female ". I witnessed DV case because my mom's sister was victim during my childhood and it was ugly. I despise men that have no rules. With all that said I also learned that young adults do dumb stuff and deserve second and sometimes third chance. Planty of examples out there with those athletes that did way worst and still stuck around with same org's like nothing happened. Don't get me wrong Rodi must surve some type of punishment at the end, maybe to the point jail time is an option. However I'm not giving up on Rodi because he's young and we don't know what really took place.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#91 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I cheered for Jason Kidd almost 20 years ago knowing full well that he slapped his wife in the face prior to getting traded to the Nets....but I'm not the same person that I was back in 2001. If Rodi is guilty, i will expect the Nets and the NBA to act accordingly.

AFAIK Kidd didn't "slap" Joumana. Rather, he smacked her right in the lips in the midst of a domestic quarrel, there was clear evidence of such, and he admitted such straight-away... then successfully (certifiably so) went through a long program of anger-mgmt and rehabilitation. So, good on him, at the end of the day.

Rodi, by comparison? Still seems like the whole thing is up in the air, with zero charges actually filed. Altho yeah, if there's one thing a group of us seem to share, it's an absolute non-tolerance towards a player abusing a SO, etc.

Well, good... those are the right values IMO.

At the same time, Sean Marks' team seems to have checked out as much as possible of this stuff, and seems to have given Rodi a certain benefit of the doubt. Given reality, I tend to assume there's a solid amount of reasoning behind such.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#92 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 8, 2020 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Brooklyn Nets forward Rodions Kurucs was back in court for his June domestic violence arrest Wednesday, where his attorney said prosecutors finally handed over their trove of evidence against the Latvian-born baller.

Kurucs, who appeared in Brooklyn Criminal Court wearing a blue plaid suit, stayed mum as his lawyer told the judge he’d received a “significant amount” of materials from the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office after 5 p.m. Tuesday — which gave him no time to review what he received.

Kurucs is accused of choking his girlfriend during an argument this past June in the couple’s apartment. He is charged with third-degree assault, criminal obstruction of breathing, second-degree harassment, attempted assault and third-degree menacing.

His attorney, Alex Spiro, noted that he was previously informed the evidence against his 6-foot-9 client does not include recordings of 911 calls associated with the incident, nor are there any associated photos or testimony from eyewitnesses.

Kurucs is due back in court Feb. 11.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#93 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 9:53 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brooklyn Nets forward Rodions Kurucs was back in court for his June domestic violence arrest Wednesday, where his attorney said prosecutors finally handed over their trove of evidence against the Latvian-born baller.

Kurucs, who appeared in Brooklyn Criminal Court wearing a blue plaid suit, stayed mum as his lawyer told the judge he’d received a “significant amount” of materials from the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office after 5 p.m. Tuesday — which gave him no time to review what he received.

Kurucs is accused of choking his girlfriend during an argument this past June in the couple’s apartment. He is charged with third-degree assault, criminal obstruction of breathing, second-degree harassment, attempted assault and third-degree menacing.

His attorney, Alex Spiro, noted that he was previously informed the evidence against his 6-foot-9 client does not include recordings of 911 calls associated with the incident, nor are there any associated photos or testimony from eyewitnesses.

911 calls associated with the incident, nor are there any associated photos or testimony from eyewitnesses.

If there's clear facts out there against Rodi why it's taking so long. Why it's not public at this point.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#94 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:26 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

911 calls associated with the incident, nor are there any associated photos or testimony from eyewitnesses.

If there's clear facts out there against Rodi why it's taking so long. Why it's not public at this point.

Why rush it? rushing things only makes it more likely mistakes are made or protocol isnt followed. The law moves slow for this reason

Return to Brooklyn Nets