ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,398
And1: 4,865
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV  

Post#21 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 pm

I’m going through all of the media press conferences with the Kenny and the players.

DeAndre Jordan is hilarious! I didn’t know how much of a jokester he was/is.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,299
And1: 345
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
 

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#22 » by jbeachboy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:58 pm

i didnt see wilson chandler at media day, anyone see him? so hyped for this season even with durant probably not playing.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,398
And1: 4,865
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV  

Post#23 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Yo my eyes actually teared up just now. I can't believe this is happening.

All praises due to Sean Marks. He turned this team into the place to be.

Yeah...this summer was really busy for me, so after the initial euphoria of getting Kyrie and KD, I got subsumed by work and personal stuff. Now that the season is on the horizon and we can see these guys in Nets uniforms, the shock is coming back again.

We’ve been through a lot as a franchise. 10 years ago or so, we weren’t even sure if this team would still be in the area. I won’t write an entire novel but from the team hemorrhaging money to Ratner dismantling the team to Kidd wanting out (and winning a title elsewhere) to Yormark promoting reversible jerseys with other teams players on them, we were in a horrific spot. The infamous pic of the Nets 2010 free agent haul after missing out on LBJ was a perfect encapsulation of what it felt like to be a Nets fan. Oh and we struck out on the Melo sweepstakes as well. No one wanted to come to the Nets.

Then we had the roller coaster of 2011-2016. The move to Brooklyn was great and having a rich owner willing to spend tons of money on the franchise in Prokhorov was fantastic. But we also had D-Will’s moodyness, Billy King’s catastrophic decisions, and a general feeling of mediocrity throughout the organization.

2016 through the present has been a dream. Marks and Kenny were better than I think any of us thought they would be. It seemed like we hit on 80-85% of the opportunities we had including having the fortune of missing out on RFAs who signed our offer sheets. Despite all of this, I still had the lingering feeling that we wouldn’t be perceived as a top destination for the NBA’s elite. Fortunately for us, a star free agent was from New Jersey and wanted to come home. And he just so happened to be best friends with a top 3 NBA superstar who was also a free agent.

None of this would’ve been possible if we didn’t have the right GM, coach, location, infrastructure, and developing players. The stars aligned for us in many ways. Of course, we haven’t won anything yet but the fact that we got the players we now have is almost like a mini-championship in itself. We’ve finally been validated as a franchise and it feels awesome!
User avatar
Dzon Dilindzer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,265
And1: 1,011
Joined: Jun 24, 2016
   

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#24 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:37 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Claud
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 478
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#25 » by Claud » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:47 am

Pinch me this is not real. I'm still is disbelief.

This team will be SCARY.
DarkXaero
General Manager
Posts: 8,718
And1: 1,991
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#26 » by DarkXaero » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:53 am

I liked what I heard, I thought that Kyrie was especially great, both in his press conference and the YES TV interview. I hope he stays healthy because I think he'll have a huge year for us.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,827
And1: 8,233
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV  

Post#27 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:53 pm

User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,207
And1: 11,706
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Did you see Musa taking pics with KD? That **** was awesome

and yeah, we need those guys to all to show significant improvement
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 31,207
And1: 11,706
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:43 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Yo my eyes actually teared up just now. I can't believe this is happening.

All praises due to Sean Marks. He turned this team into the place to be.

Yeah...this summer was really busy for me, so after the initial euphoria of getting Kyrie and KD, I got subsumed by work and personal stuff. Now that the season is on the horizon and we can see these guys in Nets uniforms, the shock is coming back again.

We’ve been through a lot as a franchise. 10 years ago or so, we weren’t even sure if this team would still be in the area. I won’t write an entire novel but from the team hemorrhaging money to Ratner dismantling the team to Kidd wanting out (and winning a title elsewhere) to Yormark promoting reversible jerseys with other teams players on them, we were in a horrific spot. The infamous pic of the Nets 2010 free agent haul after missing out on LBJ was a perfect encapsulation of what it felt like to be a Nets fan. Oh and we struck out on the Melo sweepstakes as well. No one wanted to come to the Nets.

Then we had the roller coaster of 2011-2016. The move to Brooklyn was great and having a rich owner willing to spend tons of money on the franchise in Prokhorov was fantastic. But we also had D-Will’s moodyness, Billy King’s catastrophic decisions, and a general feeling of mediocrity throughout the organization.

2016 through the present has been a dream. Marks and Kenny were better than I think any of us thought they would be. It seemed like we hit on 80-85% of the opportunities we had including having the fortune of missing out on RFAs who signed our offer sheets. Despite all of this, I still had the lingering feeling that we wouldn’t be perceived as a top destination for the NBA’s elite. Fortunately for us, a star free agent was from New Jersey and wanted to come home. And he just so happened to be best friends with a top 3 NBA superstar who was also a free agent.

None of this would’ve been possible if we didn’t have the right GM, coach, location, infrastructure, and developing players. The stars aligned for us in many ways. Of course, we haven’t won anything yet but the fact that we got the players we now have is almost like a mini-championship in itself. We’ve finally been validated as a franchise and it feels awesome!


Can't also forget Spencer Dinwiddie who was doing some major tampering behind the scenes. It's easy to look from the outside but Spencer was clearly giving Irving the goods on what's going on here.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Dzon Dilindzer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,265
And1: 1,011
Joined: Jun 24, 2016
   

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#30 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Did you see Musa taking pics with KD? That **** was awesome

and yeah, we need those guys to all to show significant improvement

yeah, dzanan was having durant on his story and durant invited him to take picture with him

dzanan has bigger legs than durant and i consider dzanan to be skinny (not as before, but still needs to put some muscle)

they are young, talented guys and brooklyn is a good place for development, they should make it... i admit i didnt like brooklyn before, i couldnt stand watching that team coached by likes of avery johnson, pj carlesimo and lionel hollins and watching some guys like blatche, anderson (i think thats his surname and i probably forgot some players)... i watched that team cause of teletovic, as whole country was, he was our first player in the nba and brooklyn home games were starting at 01:00 am or 01:30 am... two of our three nba players are starting their nba career at the brooklyn nets
Aussienet3
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 89
Joined: Jul 17, 2017
       

Re: 2019 Nets Media Day - 11am on YES & NBATV 

Post#31 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Yo my eyes actually teared up just now. I can't believe this is happening.

All praises due to Sean Marks. He turned this team into the place to be.

Yeah...this summer was really busy for me, so after the initial euphoria of getting Kyrie and KD, I got subsumed by work and personal stuff. Now that the season is on the horizon and we can see these guys in Nets uniforms, the shock is coming back again.

We’ve been through a lot as a franchise. 10 years ago or so, we weren’t even sure if this team would still be in the area. I won’t write an entire novel but from the team hemorrhaging money to Ratner dismantling the team to Kidd wanting out (and winning a title elsewhere) to Yormark promoting reversible jerseys with other teams players on them, we were in a horrific spot. The infamous pic of the Nets 2010 free agent haul after missing out on LBJ was a perfect encapsulation of what it felt like to be a Nets fan. Oh and we struck out on the Melo sweepstakes as well. No one wanted to come to the Nets.

Then we had the roller coaster of 2011-2016. The move to Brooklyn was great and having a rich owner willing to spend tons of money on the franchise in Prokhorov was fantastic. But we also had D-Will’s moodyness, Billy King’s catastrophic decisions, and a general feeling of mediocrity throughout the organization.

2016 through the present has been a dream. Marks and Kenny were better than I think any of us thought they would be. It seemed like we hit on 80-85% of the opportunities we had including having the fortune of missing out on RFAs who signed our offer sheets. Despite all of this, I still had the lingering feeling that we wouldn’t be perceived as a top destination for the NBA’s elite. Fortunately for us, a star free agent was from New Jersey and wanted to come home. And he just so happened to be best friends with a top 3 NBA superstar who was also a free agent.

None of this would’ve been possible if we didn’t have the right GM, coach, location, infrastructure, and developing players. The stars aligned for us in many ways. Of course, we haven’t won anything yet but the fact that we got the players we now have is almost like a mini-championship in itself. We’ve finally been validated as a franchise and it feels awesome!


Can't also forget Spencer Dinwiddie who was doing some major tampering behind the scenes. It's easy to look from the outside but Spencer was clearly giving Irving the goods on what's going on here.


Musa was supposed to be the next best thing out of europe after Luka. Seeing Musa's reaction on draft night in the stands. Also seeing the improvement of Kurucs. Tells me that Musa is a long term investment that will pay off for us when he reaches Allstar level. The basketball world will be shocked. But not me or us!

Return to Brooklyn Nets