Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Tsai's Matters 

Post#21 » by GTR11 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Free speech is a right in this country, even if we don't like what the person is saying. Free speech doesn't absolve people of consequences for what they say, and I believe Morey faced the consequences of his freedom to voice support for the protesters in Hong Kong.

Americans are pig headed and we do indeed have a slew of human rights issues that predate Donald Trump to be very frank.

That being said, what gives the Chinese government the right to dictate what an American citizen can or cannot say? This is why Joe Tsai drew the ire of NBA fans with his comments. Being in support of the CCG trying to impose their own dictatorial tactics onto a citizen of the US is an indefensible position. If he is so compromised by his business dealings in China that he has to become a mouthpiece and a stooge for Xi then maybe he shouldn't own the team.

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/turkey-begins-airstrikes-and-operations-in-northern-syria-70917189737
This were US first allies during fight vs ISIS. Now they left outside. You also add the fact White House declassified Presidents conversation for political reasons, plus elections around the corner. China sees US facing political crisis while trade war is on going. It will be ugly until after elections. Also Proky is Putin's puppet just like Mark Zuckerberg US government's. Sorry buddy when they say sports beyond politics it's pure bulls***. Soon enough it'll all quite down and things will go back to usual.

I wouldn't say that Zuckerberg is akin to Prokhorov or Tsai in terms of being held by the balls by the government. Being a millionaire/billionaire in the US means a lot more autonomy than Russia and China. In fact, Zuckerberg most likely will find himself in serious trouble if the Democrats take over both the Senate and White House in 2021, especially if Warren gets elected.

Well we can debate that for days who got their balls squeezed harder the fact of the matter is Mark will obey any regime that's in White House. I made a mistake not checking every post here on the blog before replying. I needed to sleep over it to understand what's really is going on.
1- I have no doubt that DM is MF who's salty about the fact Tsai refused to buy Rockets and instead got BK. As team with biggest ties to Chinese market that was a huge spit in his face and he couldn't handle it. That's why he came up with this HK s*** to fire back.
2- If this MF Morey will get away with this I'll be pissed big time. I get the fact of freedom of speech but there's also rules, regulations, laws etc that we all follow. He clearly didn't give two f**** about black life's matter, human trafficking that's happening in state of Texas etc. NBA needs to come up with harsh punishment imo. This guy crossed the lines with his arrogance without giving a f*** he pocketed millions of dollars from same Chinese investors before.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:05 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/turkey-begins-airstrikes-and-operations-in-northern-syria-70917189737
This were US first allies during fight vs ISIS. Now they left outside. You also add the fact White House declassified Presidents conversation for political reasons, plus elections around the corner. China sees US facing political crisis while trade war is on going. It will be ugly until after elections. Also Proky is Putin's puppet just like Mark Zuckerberg US government's. Sorry buddy when they say sports beyond politics it's pure bulls***. Soon enough it'll all quite down and things will go back to usual.

I wouldn't say that Zuckerberg is akin to Prokhorov or Tsai in terms of being held by the balls by the government. Being a millionaire/billionaire in the US means a lot more autonomy than Russia and China. In fact, Zuckerberg most likely will find himself in serious trouble if the Democrats take over both the Senate and White House in 2021, especially if Warren gets elected.

Well we can debate that for days who got their balls squeezed harder the fact of the matter is Mark will obey any regime that's in White House. I made a mistake not checking every post here on the blog before replying. I needed to sleep over it to understand what's really is going on.
1- I have no doubt that DM is MF who's salty about the fact Tsai refused to buy Rockets and instead got BK. As team with biggest ties to Chinese market that was a huge spit in his face and he couldn't handle it. That's why he came up with this HK s*** to fire back.
2- If this MF Morey will get away with this I'll be pissed big time. I get the fact of freedom of speech but there's also rules, regulations, laws etc that we all follow. He clearly didn't give two f**** about black life's matter, human trafficking that's happening in state of Texas etc. NBA needs to come up with harsh punishment imo. This guy crossed the lines with his arrogance without giving a f*** he pocketed millions of dollars from same Chinese investors before.

I can't speak to Morey's intentions, but what he did harmed his employer's bottom line so I can't say that the Rockets would be wrong to fire him.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#23 » by GTR11 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I can't speak to Morey's intentions, but what he did harmed his employer's bottom line so I can't say that the Rockets would be wrong to fire him.

It harmed entire NBA as a buisnes and got to the point where people can get hurt because of their political views. I know I'm speculating on sports blog here, but imo it's just that simple. Guy just arrogant prick who couldn't take a rejection and it's his time to pay for it.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: Joe Tsai's China Matters 

Post#24 » by gigantes » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:29 am

If there's one thing that seems crystal clear at this point, it's this-- if you're putting down Daryl Morey, I think you have a legit point when it comes to timing and politics.

But if you're putting down Daryl Morey for speaking up and being a decent human being, then you have some serious problems, as I see it.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Joe Tsai's China Matters 

Post#25 » by Paradise » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:28 am

gigantes wrote:If there's one thing that seems crystal clear at this point, it's this-- if you're putting down Daryl Morey, I think you have a legit point when it comes to timing and politics.

But if you're putting down Daryl Morey for speaking up and being a decent human being, then you have some serious problems, as I see it.

That isn’t speaking up with confidence and conviction in the statement being made. It came off like a random Thought of support with no true thought of the backlash and owning it. If Morey wants to speak up genuinely, he could’ve done it differently. If he spoke up and stood his ground, he wouldn’t have deleted the tweet and apologized. He’s no saint.

He was already building tension between him and Tillman Fertila who I don’t think is very fond of him.

Why not tweet that before the game vs Shanghai’s Sharks who visited Houston on Sept 29th?

I don’t think anyone is upset with the message or the possibility of canceling games here. It’s the messenger and the fact that while China is absolutely overreacting...Morey has a reputation for being a bit of a self righteous ass when it comes to his position and It felt like he used his platform without proper responsibility. If you weren’t willing to risk being fired, why rock the boat in the first place? I don’t think it’s insensitive to ask that question.

The ONLY reason the NBA has such a huge pull in China began with Yao Ming who was the franchise player for the Houston Rockets...which Morey was also the GM during that time so he has been there developing these billion dollar relationships. Other people’s investments are also at stake and no matter what, it is a stupid to risk any business relationships with foreign investment and contracts by tweeting personal opinions online.
gigantes
Starter

Post#26 » by gigantes » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 am

Paradise wrote:
gigantes wrote:If there's one thing that seems crystal clear at this point, it's this-- if you're putting down Daryl Morey, I think you have a legit point when it comes to timing and politics.

That isn’t speaking up with confidence and conviction in the statement being made. It came off like a random Thought of support with no true thought of the backlash and owning it. If Morey wants to speak up genuinely, he could’ve done it differently. If he spoke up and stood his ground, he wouldn’t have deleted the tweet and apologized. He’s no saint.

He was already building tension between him and Tillman Fertila who I don’t think is very fond of him.

Why not tweet that before the game vs Shanghai’s Sharks who visited Houston on Sept 29th?

I don’t think anyone is upset with the message or the possibility of canceling games here. It’s the messenger and the fact that while China is absolutely overreacting...Morey has a reputation for being a bit of a self righteous ass when it comes to his position and It felt like he used his platform without proper responsibility. If you weren’t willing to risk being fired, why rock the boat in the first place? I don’t think it’s insensitive to ask that question.

The ONLY reason the NBA has such a huge pull in China began with Yao Ming who was the franchise player for the Houston Rockets...which Morey was also the GM during that time so he has been there developing these billion dollar relationships. Other people’s investments are also at stake and no matter what, it is a stupid to risk any business relationships with foreign investment and contracts by tweeting personal opinions online.

Well, personally I have barely any opinion upon this stuff, but from what I hear, the answer upon that is pretty much this: F-CK Tilman Fertitta, gangster spawn, worst new NBA owner ever.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#27 » by GTR11 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:38 am

My day off.
I don't see no game thread so I'll use this one to comment.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,798

Post#28 » by Rich Rane » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:36 pm

GTR11 wrote:My day off.
I don't see no game thread so I'll use this one to comment.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1895727
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#29 » by SpeedyG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:10 pm

The problem is that Morey clearly spoke out in a subject for which he did not understanding. Reading social commentary in the aftermath, it is very clear that many who are following suit also have no idea what the real issue is.

And people who are actually doing the right thing (Kerr and Pop) are being blasted for not speaking on something they aren't experts on.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#30 » by SpeedyG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Free speech is a right in this country, even if we don't like what the person is saying. Free speech doesn't absolve people of consequences for what they say, and I believe Morey faced the consequences of his freedom to voice support for the protesters in Hong Kong.

Americans are pig headed and we do indeed have a slew of human rights issues that predate Donald Trump to be very frank.

That being said, what gives the Chinese government the right to dictate what an American citizen can or cannot say? This is why Joe Tsai drew the ire of NBA fans with his comments. Being in support of the CCG trying to impose their own dictatorial tactics onto a citizen of the US is an indefensible position. If he is so compromised by his business dealings in China that he has to become a mouthpiece and a stooge for Xi then maybe he shouldn't own the team.

So one of the Chinese Twitter accounts brought up kind of what I was mentioning in the other thread.

Donald Sterling was forced out because of his racist acts/comments.

His freedom of speech was protected as an American, but the obvious backlash resulted in him paying the price for it.

Similarly, Morey's freedom of speech is protected as an American, he's not going to jail or anything for it.

But why isn't he paying the price for it, even though he offended a large portion of people/consumers?

Isn't it because the group of people he offended are not Americans?

If Morey had said half the things Trump has said (good people on both sides, players kneeling, blue lives matter, etc...)

You think he still has a job right now?

My guess is no.

Well, Darryl Morey could legit get fired for what he did and the Rockets would be well within their rights. He has the freedom to express solidarity with the protesters in HK, but that doesn't give him the freedom of consequences. His political tweet conflicted with his employer's bottom line to the point where it has caused an international incident.

Also...do you as an American believe that Donald Sterling's behavior is comparable to Darryl Morey's? That Chinese twitter account sounds about as ignorant of racism in America as we Americans are about the touchiness of the issue of areas like Hong Kong and Tibet in regards to their autonomy from The CCP. Sterling and Morey is apples and oranges. Those cases aren't the same.

However, again I do not believe that China has the right to dictate what constitutes as free speech in the United States. Do you believe that this:

"We believe that any speech challenging a country's national sovereignty and social stability is not within the scope of freedom of speech," CCTV added.

is even remotely acceptable?

Adam Silver was 100% correct to kindly tell The CCP to go **** themselves.
Do I as an American think what Morey did was as bad as what Sterling did? No, not even close.

Do you think if you asked a mainlander Chinese if what Sterling did was a fireable offense they would agree? They probably don't even bat an eye.

Again, what I'm stressing here is POV. As an American, we don't have the POV of WHY this is a "can't cross line" for China.

And for them, the thought that something like this is "allowed" is just as foreign. These are two very different cultures clashing here....and neither are willing to accept the alternative.

Keep in mind there was a back lash about the Spain National team doing the "eye" thing. But it was never this big because that wasn't a hot button for them.

I'm not saying either side is right. As an American I certainty support Morey for speaking out (although judging by what's transpired I don't think he fully grasped at the time what exactly he was implying in that support).

But I also know enough about Chinese history to realize, yeah, I can kind of understand a little of why they took it the way they did.

Regardless, as I said in the other thread. We are at an impasse here.

Silver apologized for the offense while still supporting Morey's constitutional right.

He can't full on support Morey or he will completely alienate (and likely escalate) the issue. But he also can't show support of China, because the American media/fans would kill him for doing so.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#31 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:52 pm

SpeedyG wrote:

The problem is that Morey clearly spoke out in a subject for which he did not understanding. Reading social commentary in the aftermath, it is very clear that many who are following suit also have no idea what the real issue is.

And people who are actually doing the right thing (Kerr and Pop) are being blasted for not speaking on something they aren't experts on.

The people who are blasting Kerr and Pop have an agenda because they were butthurt that both of them called Trump a lying, ignorant racist buffoon. Period. It all has to do with Trump. They don't give a rats ass about China, probably can't even point out HK on a map.

gigantes
Starter

Post#32 » by gigantes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:00 am

For the record, I owe SpeedyG a major apology. I was hot as hell at the time, but that doesn't excuse my rudeness / obnoxiousness the other day.

I'm sorry again, Speedy, although in some ways the real person I'm apologising to is myself, for looking and acting like such a f-ckhead. Still... I sincerely apologise, sir.

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:The problem is that Morey clearly spoke out in a subject for which he did not understanding. Reading social commentary in the aftermath, it is very clear that many who are following suit also have no idea what the real issue is.

The people who are blasting Kerr and Pop have an agenda because they were butthurt that both of them called Trump a lying, ignorant racist buffoon. Period. It all has to do with Trump. They don't give a rats ass about China, probably can't even point out HK on a map.

Yeah, I find that a pretty hugely fascinating side-issue, as well. Sort of. It's also so completely nauseating, in so many other ways.

Joe Tsai has so little idea what he's even talking about it, that that in itself should really be kind of a "yeaahhh" moment.

It's almost surreal comedy at this point, even. Like, did you hear how Xi Jinping just answered all this recent pushback? Like, so now he's gonna "break our bones and make the resistors' lives miserable?"

Ah, do tell, Mister Bully-boy-thug. (Like you were from day one, I suppose?)

Hum. But still, is that really any different from the bully-boy thug soviet answer of "we will BREAK YOU, comrade, or non-comrade...?"
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:02 pm

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/10/15/20915281/players-angered-frustrated-by-china-experience

Players from the Nets and Lakers expressed both frustration and fear in their last days in China, according to reports filed with The Athletic, ESPN and the Los Angeles Times.

Much of the frustration played out in a meeting with Commissioner Adam Silver who met with the players last Wednesday in Shanghai before their game at Mercedes Benz Arena. According to more than one report, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving spoke up in the Silver meeting.

So the players WERE scared over there. This is why I wanted the NBA to cancel those games and get them the hell out of there. Unbelievable.

There were moments of frustration when some players asked if they could go home. If they said the wrong thing about Hong Kong or any other topic, would the Chinese government delay their flights home?

And where was Joe Tsai in all of this? His employees are over there in fear of the same government who he rushed to do bootlicking for on facebook? I really have no respect for this dude.

There was also a bit of anger over Morey’s lack of sensitivity in tweeting about something that appeared beyond his ken. As Brian Lewis of the Post has written, it is “arguably the most expensive tweet in history,”

During the meeting with the players, sources said, Silver was directly asked whether anything would happen to Morey, as several players said they believed that if a player had cost the NBA millions of dollars because of a tweet, there would be repercussions.

Morey will not face any league discipline for the tweet.

The players are 100% correct here. I support Morey's right to free speech and I support the rights of the people of HK, but this is a good point. Had a player done this, what would have happened? This is not a black and white subject here.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

People are pissed with Lebron for not speaking out against the CCP. I personally don't think he has any obligation to do so. However, I agree with him when I look at it from his perspective, the fascist authoritarian government in China could very well have tried to detain both teams or even tossed someone in jail if they had exacerbated the situation. I think the NBA needs to seriously review their business dealings with the CCP because that situation exposed just how crazy they are.

Freedom of speech does not absolve you from the consequences of what you say. I think people fail to seriously understand this.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Read on Twitter

frauds.

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#35 » by kamaze » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Furious Hong Kong protesters burned and stomped on LeBron James basketball jerseys on Tuesday as the Lakers superstar faced mounting outrage over his comments on their pro-democracy ­demonstrations.

Activists vented their fury by chanting profane slogans and holding up signs supporting Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, whom James on Monday called “misinformed or not really educated” for a since-deleted tweet of a meme that said “Fight for freedom. Stand with Hong Kong.”

At one protest on a Hong Kong basketball court, a doctored photo showing James in a Chairman Mao Zedong shirt was even taped to a backboard, prompting cheers ­every time a ball smashed against his face and dropped into the basket.

“People are angry,” said James Lo, a web designer who runs a Hong Kong basketball fan page on Facebook.

“Students, they come out like every weekend. They’ve got tear gassed and then they got gun shot, like every weekend. Police beating students and then innocent people, like every day. And then he just comes up with something [like] that. We just can’t ­accept that.”

Another protester, William Mok, drew applause from a group of demonstrators when he suggested that James — who protested the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin and supported former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem — was a hypocrite.

“Please remember, all NBA players, what you said before: ‘Black lives matter.’ Hong Kong lives also matter!” said Mok, a 36-year-old office worker.

Accusations of hypocrisy also peppered the deluge of criticism directed toward James on Twitter, where multiple commenters posted a 2018 message in which he commemorated the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination.

“-Injustice Anywhere Is A Threat To Justice Everywhere- Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become Silent About Things That Matter- #ThankYouMLK50,” James wrote at the time.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/hong-kong-protesters-slam-lebron-james-for-comments-about-china-free-speech/
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#36 » by MGrand15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Gotta love it when people (like Max Kellerman) use MLK or Muhammad Ali to knock black people down.

This story has bothered me from the start and it keeps getting worse.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#37 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:02 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Gotta love it when people (like Max Kellerman) use MLK or Muhammad Ali to knock black people down.

I think players, especially of LBJ's stature and those who have vocalized their stances on social issues in America, would've had a much more justifiable position in the public's eye if they didn't have shoe/brand deals in China. If the players were only in China to play a game and had no other ventures there, it would be much more understandable in the eyes of many, since the players could say something along the lines of... "Hey, I'm a basketball player who plays in the U.S. Obviously, I am much more aware and knowledgable of political issues that are happening at home compared to other places around the world. The league brought us over here just for a few preseason games to play for the fans who reside abroad and to increase the league's exposure."

It becomes problematic from the public's POV when they have clear business ties to China. It's very easy to read LBJ's comments as coming from a person who mainly wants to protect his financial interests over there and doesn't care how or by what means accrues money from China. Even if LeBron doesn't feel that way, he has now spoken out twice publicly and twice via Twitter. On each occasion, he has done nothing to change that perception.

On a related note, where is LeBron's publicist? They should've come up with a plan to address it after they got back from China; and if not then, especially after he gave his initial thoughts. It seems that every time he speaks on it, he makes the matter worse.

And just to lay my cards on the table...I agree with LBJ's sentiment that Morey clearly did not think about how his tweet could affect the NBA, even his own team for that matter. The fact that Morey deleted the tweet and apologized for posting it has caused me to believe that he was virtue–signaling, and it backfired tremendously.

Also, if the league and team ownership haven't talked with the players to communicate how this will be addressed league-wide going forward, they are failing them. It was the league and the teams who agreed to play overseas, not the players. As it stands right now, they've more or less left the players out to dry by making it seem as if the players are the only ones with interests abroad. That's wrong. If you're an owner of a team, I have a hard time believing that you've made your money without being cutthroat and stepping on people to make it to the top. Don't let the players face all of the scrutiny while you remain silent and act like nothing is going on.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Gotta love it when people (like Max Kellerman) use MLK or Muhammad Ali to knock black people down.

I think players, especially of LBJ's stature and those who have vocalized their stances on social issues in America, would've had a much more justifiable position in the public's eye if they didn't have shoe/brand deals in China. If the players were only in China to play a game and had no other ventures there, it would be much more understandable in the eyes of many, since the players could say something along the lines of... "Hey, I'm a basketball player who plays in the U.S. Obviously, I am much more aware and knowledgable of political issues that are happening at home compared to other places around the world. The league brought us over here just for a few preseason games to play for the fans who reside abroad and to increase the league's exposure."

It becomes problematic from the public's POV when they have clear business ties to China. It's very easy to read LBJ's comments as coming from a person who mainly wants to protect his financial interests over there and doesn't care how or by what means accrues money from China. Even if LeBron doesn't feel that way, he has now spoken out twice publicly and twice via Twitter. On each occasion, he has done nothing to change that perception.

On a related note, where is LeBron's publicist? They should've come up with a plan to address it after they got back from China; and if not then, especially after he gave his initial thoughts. It seems that every time he speaks on it, he makes the matter worse.

And just to lay my cards on the table...I agree with LBJ's sentiment that Morey clearly did not think about how his tweet could affect the NBA, even his own team for that matter. The fact that Morey deleted the tweet and apologized for posting it has caused me to believe that he was virtue–signaling, and it backfired tremendously.

Also, if the league and team ownership haven't talked with the players to communicate how this will be addressed league-wide going forward, they are failing them. It was the league and the teams who agreed to play overseas, not the players. As it stands right now, they've more or less left the players out to dry by making it seem as if the players are the only ones with interests abroad. That's wrong. If you're an owner of a team, I have a hard time believing that you've made your money without being cutthroat and stepping on people to make it to the top. Don't let the players face all of the scrutiny while you remain silent and act like nothing is going on.

Based on what I gather, I think Lebron is more upset about being put in that position in the first place moreso than being in support of China (which he hasn't stated), I think people are taking what he said and they're spinning it to suit their own agenda (i.e., conservative leaning/far right voices upset that Lebron has engaged in social activism in the Black American community). That being said, I think his initial statement was very sloppy and either he went gung ho shooting off at the hip or his PR people failed him because what should have come from him (since he's the face of the league) is a well crafted statement that keeps his ass out of the line of fire. I still don't think he is wrong for saying that Morey should have thought out his actions in full, because his tweet put the players and the league in precarious position not only with a global business partner, but a fascist authoritarian regime. He has every right to say that and be upset about not only what Morey did, but what the league did as well. They failed the players.

And you raise a great point: Outside of Joe Tsai and Houston's scummy owner, the other 28 league owners have been silent. They're just shutting up and letting the players take the heat. The media however, won't go after them, but they'll attack the players because they want to get those clicks on their articles vilifying Black athletes. Where's Mark Cuban at? He loves to run his mouth, why is he so silent?

I frankly don't care who has business interests in China. That's their personal business. The players do not have an obligation, moral or otherwise, to speak out against a foreign government if they don't want to or do not have a full comprehension of a situation that they are unfamiliar with.

Also, the people who want to come down on Lebron for being in support of social change in America surrounding issues directly impacting Black people but not choosing to wade in on issues surrounding China can **** right off. Of course Lebron is going to stand up against racism and police brutality because it directly impacts the lives of people around him and where he's from.

No one is sitting here asking why Anti Opioid activists suddenly care now about American drug laws/sentencing guidelines because you have a ton of White Americans getting hooked on pills and shooting up heroin, but were silent when these same laws were locking Black men up for decades. But yet we're going to wonder why a Black American athlete is more vocal about injustices that happen right in front of his face? :crazy: Max Kellerman can **** off

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:26 pm

The same type of white people that prop up Muhammad Ali to knock down another Black person would have been the same ones calling Ali names for refusing to fight in the Vietnam War and speaking out. Same types that got in their feelings about Kapernick kneeling in protest.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:32 pm

kamaze wrote:

Another protester, William Mok, drew applause from a group of demonstrators when he suggested that James — who protested the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin and supported former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem — was a hypocrite.

“Please remember, all NBA players, what you said before: ‘Black lives matter.’ Hong Kong lives also matter!” said Mok, a 36-year-old office worker.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/hong-kong-protesters-slam-lebron-james-for-comments-about-china-free-speech/

as if people in Hong Kong give a **** about Black people getting killed by police over here. People saying stuff like this will make me less sympathetic. Stay in your lane. These are the same folks running around in MAGA hats in an area of the world that is already known for antiblack racism. Go to hell

Return to Brooklyn Nets