PS: Lakers vs Nets in Shenzhen | 10/11/19 | 7:30 AM | NBA TV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

PS: Lakers vs Nets in Shenzhen | 10/11/19 | 7:30 AM | NBA TV  

Post#41 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Like what I see from Claxton. He looks so smooth and composed on the court already.

Reminds me a bit of LeVert in that regard. Very calm but he's got some swagger to him too

And Nic scores again. Dude runs the floor like a cheetah

3pt_chucker wrote:We need a nickname for Claxton ASAP!!

Speedy Claxton? Lol
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Re: PS: Lakers vs Nets in Shenzhen | 10/11/19 | 7:30 AM | NBA TV 

Post#42 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Musa also looking nice!

Holy f*** this team is deep. A lot of people are sleeping on this team.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#43 » by MGrand15 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:30 pm

LeVert needs to chill, it's too early to bring out LeGOAT mode. Effortless 22 and 5.

Really hope Kyrie gets some burn in the final preseason game. Don't want him to start the season in catch up mode.

Love the identity of the squad so far. Long, active, skilled. Really like what I'm seeing out of Prince and Temple. This guy Prince doesn't need any space to let that shot go. When he's on the floor with Harris and Kyrie, it's gonna be deadly.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Taurean Prince is a sniper god damn.

The thought of having Joe Harris, Prince, and Durant on the floor at the same time is INSANE.

dont forget kyrie, he drops 40% from three as well
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#45 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Taurean Prince is a sniper god damn.

The thought of having Joe Harris, Prince, and Durant on the floor at the same time is INSANE.

dont forget kyrie, he drops 40% from three as well

Imagine we run a small ball line up of Irving/LeVert/Harris/Prince/Durant at times. Oh god
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#46 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:13 pm

My thoughts on the game....

-If temple can hit threes at a solid rate he is going to have a big impact. he was always a decent 3 point shooter but he seems to be really agresive with it now that we ecnourage it.

-Levert is a different player when his 3 is falling and when he is pass first on drives. he was both today. hopefully he can continue to build off the momentum

-Prince is a better healthier DMC. im not sure there is someone who fit this team better then he does. he will be a huge addition

-nothing but eyeball test to back this up but it seems like a ton less iso this year

-i like that claxton loves to dunk. reminds me of kmart. bring alot of energy. bench clearly loves when he does something...

cant wait for real games to start
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#47 » by SpeedyG » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:30 pm

I will add also...

Nwaba should have a few mandates for his minutes: defend, rebound, shoot when open, never dribble lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#48 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:My thoughts on the game....

-If temple can hit threes at a solid rate he is going to have a big impact. he was always a decent 3 point shooter but he seems to be really agresive with it now that we ecnourage it.

-Levert is a different player when his 3 is falling and when he is pass first on drives. he was both today. hopefully he can continue to build off the momentum

-Prince is a better healthier DMC. im not sure there is someone who fit this team better then he does. he will be a huge addition

-nothing but eyeball test to back this up but it seems like a ton less iso this year

-i like that claxton loves to dunk. reminds me of kmart. bring alot of energy. bench clearly loves when he does something...

what do you think about locking Prince up around december with an extension?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#49 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:

Given the value on Levert's deal, that put a nice cap on a Prince extension. Prince should get between the MLE and LeVert. Prince could roll the dice and hope to cash in during a very week FA year, but i could see the Nets willing to do a 3/$32mil extension.

That being said, rookie deals have to be extended before the season.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#50 » by kamaze » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:

Given the value on Levert's deal, that put a nice cap on a Prince extension. Prince should get between the MLE and LeVert. Prince could roll the dice and hope to cash in during a very week FA year, but i could see the Nets willing to do a 3/$32mil extension.

So the Nets are taking a serious risk if they let Prince hit RFA.

We are an above the cap team anyway, so we might as well retain everyone. Once KD is locked in we are a top 3 team in the league.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#52 » by kamaze » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Apparently, Claxton used to be known as “Slim Reaper.” He explained further to Matt Brooks of ESNY.

They used to call me ‘Slim Reaper’ back when I was at Georgia. And I … like that because I’ve got a slim frame, but I’m ferocious.

Can’t do much better than “Slim Reaper.”

At the same time, Claxton has to perform in order to live up to the name. Because you can’t be any type of reaper, slim or grim, and not leave an impression.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#53 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:01 am

kamaze wrote:

Apparently, Claxton used to be known as “Slim Reaper.” He explained further to Matt Brooks of ESNY.

They used to call me ‘Slim Reaper’ back when I was at Georgia. And I … like that because I’ve got a slim frame, but I’m ferocious.

At the same time, Claxton has to perform in order to live up to the name. Because you can’t be any type of reaper, slim or grim, and not leave an impression.

You can't be called the slim reaper while Durant is still in the league. The fact that Durant is on the same team makes it even worse.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,237

Post#54 » by Papi_swav » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:01 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:

I would try to sign him right now, before he turns into an All star and we have to near max him too. But na, if he plays like he's capable of, I can see him getting close to what Levert got. Maybe 3/50
kamaze
General Manager

Post#55 » by kamaze » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:06 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
kamaze wrote:

You can't be called the slim reaper while Durant is still in the league. The fact that Durant is on the same team makes it even worse.

Sure you can Durant's not even playing yet.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#56 » by GTR11 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:30 am

Kenny experimentation with rotations have me all exited for this upcoming season. Only thing I'm not happy about is Kyrie, I want to see Kyrie play. I'm like a kid here throwing tantrums in front of my TV.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#57 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
kamaze wrote:

if Claxton develops into a rotational player, Durant won't care. we're trying to win a championship.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#58 » by Prokorov » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:05 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:

i dont see how he would get less than levert...

he is the same age without the injury issues or shooting inconsistency higher draft stock, coming off a better season. i think he would be looking at closer to 3/60

like i said with levert, unless he wants to take a discount it makes no sense to extend him

Return to Brooklyn Nets