***Around The NBA Thread (2019-20 Edition)***

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Re: ***Around The NBA Thread (2019-20 Edition)*** 

Post#141 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:36 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:So the Hawks just got both Capella and Dedmon. That roster is now a lot better than it was yesterday.

Glad we only play them one more time. That hawks team isn't as terrible as their record indicates. Injuries and suspensions have hurt them this season, but they have a solid squad.

EDIT: not a knock on D'Lo, but I still laugh at the people that preferred to keep him instead of signing Kyrie. I'm pretty sure Kyrie would net more than Wiggins and a protected 1st.

I'm happy for the guy. Last night he gets shown a ton of love by our fanbase and the franchise, which had to feel good if you're him to know that he'll be forever loved by Brooklyn for what he did here, and now he gets to ball out with his homeboy KAT.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#142 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Hartenstein and chandler combine for 20 MPG. tucker 35 mpg by himself

Capella was awful and needed to go. they knew it was never gonna work with him

You think Tucker can play center for over 30 MPG? Rockets are must see TV now lol. If this actually works, this will change the whole NBA.

Spoiler:
It won't.

they have had their highest PPP and lowest PPP against in lineups where tuckers plays center. them wanting to move capella wasnt on a whim, it was analytics driven
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#143 » by Papi_swav » Fri Feb 7, 2020 6:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Hartenstein and chandler combine for 20 MPG. tucker 35 mpg by himself

Capella was awful and needed to go. they knew it was never gonna work with him

You think Tucker can play center for over 30 MPG? Rockets are must see TV now lol. If this actually works, this will change the whole NBA.

Spoiler:
It won't.

Well they just beat the Lakers. We'll continue to watch.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#144 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:57 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:You think Tucker can play center for over 30 MPG? Rockets are must see TV now lol. If this actually works, this will change the whole NBA.

Spoiler:
It won't.

This is insane :lol: what if it does change the NBA and everyone starts running PG/SG/SG/SF/SF line ups from now on

KD is going to come back as our starting center

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#145 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:
It won't.

This is insane :lol: what if it does change the NBA and everyone starts running PG/SG/SG/SF/SF line ups from now on

There are no real bigman scoring threats and most of the ones who do exsist spend most of their time shooting 3s anyhow. plus, despite all the hoopola, Tucker is a better defender as a center than capella, who has become trash on that end.

the PF spot is already gone. i dont think centers are going away, bigmen are still needed to win at the highest level, but its not like you have a nunch of ewings and robinsons to worry about these days

last year everyone kept pounding us for getting abused by opposing bigs... but it didnt really matter, as i pointed out we were .500+ when opposing centers scored 30 or more. you can live with teams shootings post up 2s if you are playing modern offense on the other end.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#146 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Well they just beat the Lakers. We'll continue to watch.

There are no real bigman scoring threats and most of the ones who do exsist spend most of their time shooting 3s anyhow. plus, despite all the hoopola, Tucker is a better defender as a center than capella, who has become trash on that end.

the PF spot is already gone. i dont think centers are going away, bigmen are still needed to win at the highest level, but its not like you have a nunch of ewings and robinsons to worry about these days

last year everyone kept pounding us for getting abused by opposing bigs... but it didnt really matter, as i pointed out we were .500+ when opposing centers scored 30 or more. you can live with teams shootings post up 2s if you are playing modern offense on the other end.

This is kind of why I disputed the notion that the Nets can't win a championship with Jarrett Allen at center. While he does need to add a reliable move on offense to keep the defense honest, I don't think we need him to be a scoring threat to win. We need good health and solid production from the wings to compliment what Kyrie and KD will bring.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#147 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

This is kind of why I disputed the notion that the Nets can't win a championship with Jarrett Allen at center. While he does need to add a reliable move on offense to keep the defense honest, I don't think we need him to be a scoring threat to win. We need good health and solid production from the wings to compliment what Kyrie and KD will bring.

Yeah... especially since when it counts and late in games in the playoffs durant is going play center or maybe someone like chandler with KD at the 4. we are going to go "small" with no center and teams are going to match going small as well. youve seen it the past 5 years, the top teams going small in the playoffs
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#148 » by Papi_swav » Fri Feb 7, 2020 7:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:
It won't.

Yea I think this was Adam Silver's wish and idea. We've heard it before, position-less ball. It might actually make the game more exciting. Our 5 against your 5, kind of like pick up ball in the park. But I'm kind of bummed out because I'm more of a tradition guy, so the old type of centers will be extinct, they're endangered now.

Well KD did play some 5 in that GS lineup too so I don't think it's far fetched. Giannis can play the 5 too. Those guys are legit 7 footers. I definitely see KD playing some 5 next year if DJ/Allen take some games off. KD is already a 4 in today's league, I don't know how guys here don't understand that.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#149 » by GTR11 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:28 am

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Well they just beat the Lakers. We'll continue to watch.

Yea I think this was Adam Silver's wish and idea. We've heard it before, position-less ball. It might actually make the game more exciting. Our 5 against your 5, kind of like pick up ball in the park. But I'm kind of bummed out because I'm more of a tradition guy, so the old type of centers will be extinct, they're endangered now.

Well KD did play some 5 in that GS lineup too so I don't think it's far fetched. Giannis can play the 5 too. Those guys are legit 7 footers. I definitely see KD playing some 5 next year if DJ/Allen take some games off. KD is already a 4 in today's league, I don't know how guys here don't understand that.

Because we got players like Joker, Biid, AD, Bam to name few who can abuse us with KD playing 5. I agree with the fact that pace is going to pick up again but those bigs will evolve as well. Also what we going to do with playoffs when games slow down and players get exposed with all their deficiencies. Do we really going to put our stars into situation where they'll get abused? NBA is a big boys league and will remain one for good reasons.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#150 » by GTR11 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:32 am

I think after all star break we going to need a new thread for playoff match ups. It's starting to look that Raps will be our first round match up. We need to start breaking some tape to see what we should expect.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#151 » by Papi_swav » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:01 am

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Because we got players like Joker, Biid, AD, Bam to name few who can abuse us with KD playing 5. I agree with the fact that pace is going to pick up again but those bigs will evolve as well. Also what we going to do with playoffs when games slow down and players get exposed with all their deficiencies. Do we really going to put our stars into situation where they'll get abused? NBA is a big boys league and will remain one for good reasons.

And the centers have evolved. I seen Jokic and Bam bring the ball up the court many times. And those guys can pass the rock. AD is just one of the best all around players in the game. Embiid is probably the only "old school" type of centers we still have in the game that's doing it on a big scale. Not many guys post up anymore.

Yea I don't see KD twig figure playing the 5 for the whole game, but definitely in small ball situations, we already seen it in GS. NBA is a wing league in my opinion. This isn't the 90s or early 00s anymore. And even then, almost every team that won had a great wing player. MJ/Kobe/Manu/Wade/Pierce/LeBron/KD and now Kawhi.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#152 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:57 pm

GTR11 wrote:I think after all star break we going to need a new thread for playoff match ups. It's starting to look that Raps will be our first round match up. We need to start breaking some tape to see what we should expect.

We play them today, so you will get your wish.

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#153 » by Shark » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 am

Bogdanovic hit the most cold blooded game winner so far this season. Tucker and Harden drapped all over him and he hit the deeeeeeep 3.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#154 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
So tempted to make a thread on GB or post it on a Knicks blog. Some mods being sensitive having me wondering should I.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#155 » by Papi_swav » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 am

Shark wrote:Bogdanovic hit the most cold blooded game winner so far this season. Tucker and Harden drapped all over him and he hit the deeeeeeep 3.

Yea that was sick I was watching it live.

The Rockets almost won that game against a good Utah team. It seems like that small ball lineup is working. hmmm this is getting interesting.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

***Around The NBA Thread (2019-20 Edition)*** 

Post#156 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:23 am

The Knicks: The gift that keeps on giving.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#157 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Paradise wrote:The Knicks: The gift that keeps on giving.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can't wash the stink off no matter who they bring in. The fish rots from the head on down.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#158 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Franchise valuations are in:

1. New York Knicks: $4.6 billion (+15%)
2. Los Angeles Lakers: $4.4 billion (+19%)
3. Golden State Warriors: $4.3 billion (+23%)
4. Chicago Bulls: $3.2 billion (+10%)
5. Boston Celtics: $3.1 billion (+11%)
6. Los Angeles Clippers: $2.6 billion (+18%)
7. Brooklyn Nets: $2.5 billion (+6%)
8. Houston Rockets: $2.475 billion (+8%)
9. Dallas Mavericks: $2.4 billion (+7%)
10. Toronto Raptors: $2.1 billion (+25%)

We're slowly but surely creeping into the top 5. A good solid run next season with KD and Kyrie will probably help that.

as much as I hate them, I feel bad for Knick fans. Dolan could get nearly 5 billion dollars for that team and he still refuses to sell.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#159 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 am

Goddamn I have a ton of respect for Pau Gasol getting through that speech about Kobe. Dude looked like he was going to break down.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#160 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:18 am

Damn Spencer lost