ImageImageImageImageImage

***Nets 19-20 Season Stats/Metrics/Analytics/Tape Thread***

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Re: ***Nets 19-20 Season Stats/Metrics/Analytics/Tape Thread*** 

Post#41 » by Claud » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 pm

DJ is so lazy on defense. Yeah, he's big and will have a good game once in a blue moon but he is consistently a negative on the court.

Dinwiddie and Kyrie take so many bad shots I've lost count. We will never be a top team this way. Lowkey I miss Dlo running the offense.. it feet smoother and more balanced. I hope we can turn it around soon.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#42 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This right here is an issue with entire team. They sleep walking around during the game. It's like watching two different teams and DJ leads the pack.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#43 » by DarkXaero » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:07 am

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This right here is an issue with entire team. They sleep walking around during the game. It's like watching two different teams and DJ leads the pack.
Shocker.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#44 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:10 am

DarkXaero wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Shocker.

People want to overthink stuff. We just don't play hard enough. It's that simple.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#45 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 10:26 pm

One more sign here chemistry going right direction.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#46 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 am

GTR11 wrote:One more sign here chemistry going right direction.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Good point, it's chemistry and scheme.

I recall mentioning a few games ago, that we really needed to unlock opposing defenses with big-to-big passing. I suggested some high low action, but I know that's not native to Kenny system. This is a smart substitute that serves the same purpose. Taurean needs to look for cutters or his big man more when he drives to the basket. He's not an elite finisher at the rim anyway, so it's a higher percentage play. And hopefully if defenses start to respect his passing, he'll get a little more air space to shoot when he drives.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM

Post#47 » by GTR11 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:44 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Good point, it's chemistry and scheme.

I recall mentioning a few games ago, that we really needed to unlock opposing defenses with big-to-big passing. I suggested some high low action, but I know that's not native to Kenny system. This is a smart substitute that serves the same purpose. Taurean needs to look for cutters or his big man more when he drives to the basket. He's not an elite finisher at the rim anyway, so it's a higher percentage play. And hopefully if defenses start to respect his passing, he'll get a little more air space to shoot when he drives.

Not really what I'm looking for but he do need to look for people that cutting to the basket. Him putting ball on the floor is automatic TO in my head :lol: . But as we see he did clean it up a bit.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:45 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Buying into the system and accepting good coaching goes a long way.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#49 » by GTR11 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:51 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

No doubt, this started with Kenny breaking down film to them and players getting more familiar with each other. However I'm not looking forward to Prince putting ball on the floor to create anything :lol: . It's just in my head right now that he'll turn it over.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:56 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

No doubt, this started with Kenny breaking down film to them and players getting more familiar with each other. However I'm not looking forward to Prince putting ball on the floor to create anything :lol: . It's just in my head right now that he'll turn it over.

I want Prince to start driving in and pulling up for the midrange J tbh.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#51 » by GTR11 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:06 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I'm not sure about it to be honest. However ball movement been improving lately and Prince showing he can pass now.
Last game Rucco and Sarah said Kenny wanted Prince and Harris force those three pointers because he believes in their ability to knock those down. Combination of both is probably is the way to go because last game we shot 25% from 3 and those were contested for the most part. We need Prince and Harris to step their games up here because teams do trap Din a lot lately. I'm not sure right now what to expect.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#52 » by LOUiS-D » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:29 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

I'm not sure about it to be honest. However ball movement been improving lately and Prince showing he can pass now.
Last game Rucco and Sarah said Kenny wanted Prince and Harris force those three pointers because he believes in their ability to knock those down. Combination of both is probably is the way to go because last game we shot 25% from 3 and those were contested for the most part. We need Prince and Harris to step their games up here because teams do trap Din a lot lately. I'm not sure right now what to expect.

MDB wants him to keep bombing away. I'm guessing he'd prefer prince pulling up on his drives for the J rather than taking it all the way to the cup. He's done the former a few times and it looks good.

Personally, and I know I get some groans for this, I think Prince is expanding his offensive game on a similar trajectory to Harris. For a lot of people the knock on prince is the bball iq, that's more evident on defense where he's prone to ball watch and lose his assignment. At the start of the season his drives were unreliable to say the least. In the last few games I've seen good things happen more often than bad: adjusted layups through contact, passing to open shooters off of help, a wet pull up off the drive. The same things that have made Joe able to contribute when he's being overplayed or his shot isn't falling.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#53 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

MDB wants him to keep bombing away. I'm guessing he'd prefer prince pulling up on his drives for the J rather than taking it all the way to the cup. He's done the former a few times and it looks good.

Personally, and I know I get some groans for this, I think Prince is expanding his offensive game on a similar trajectory to Harris. For a lot of people the knock on prince is the bball iq, that's more evident on defense where he's prone to ball watch and lose his assignment. At the start of the season his drives were unreliable to say the least. In the last few games I've seen good things happen more often than bad: adjusted layups through contact, passing to open shooters off of help, a wet pull up off the drive. The same things that have made Joe able to contribute when he's being overplayed or his shot isn't falling.

prince has always had this in this game, he just has much more usage now that kyrie and caris are out and we literalyl have no one outside dinwiddie who can put the ball on the floor to create offense. similar with temple. early on it was just catch shoot and run. the more you make it a point to drive the more comfortable you get. i think its just comfort
GTR11
RealGM

Post#54 » by GTR11 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:11 am

This right here is alarming concern to me. Teams adjusted to Prince and exposing his inability to dribble the ball, that leads to poor shooting. It has huge impact on our offense.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
If some record games please show his drives and how teams adjusted. It's a trap for Dinwiddie at the end or contested 3 from our shooters. We need KD unless Prince will expend his game the way Joe did.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#55 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:31 pm

GTR11 wrote:This right here is alarming concern to me. Teams adjusted to Prince and exposing his inability to dribble the ball, that leads to poor shooting. It has huge impact on our offense.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
If some record games please show his drives and how teams adjusted. It's a trap for Dinwiddie at the end or contested 3 from our shooters. We need KD unless Prince will expend his game the way Joe did.

Prince doesn't need to be putting the ball on the floor unless it's in transition. He's being paid to shoot 3's and defend.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#56 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Prince will start to look better once the team is healthier. He's being forced to do way more than he should right now. He'll be more catch and shoot and pick his dribble/drive spots better once Kyrie and LeVert are back.

Return to Brooklyn Nets