ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers | Friday, 11/08/19 | 10:00 PM EST |

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers | Friday, 11/08/19 | 10:00 PM EST | 

Post#301 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:37 am

3pt_chucker wrote:ONly 9 turnovers this game. Such a huge difference.

Wow
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#302 » by MGrand15 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:38 am

Lots of stuff to clean up but i'll take the W any day. Lots of grit in this win. Huge game winning plays from everyone.

Take your time getting back DJ. Claxton was awesome tonight. And he almost punched CJ out.

We gotta keep Kyrie's minutes down. I know LeVert struggled and maybe we needed all of his minutes today but 38+ minutes is a lot. Let's give Musa like 5 more minutes a game and keep Ky fresh for the whole season.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,787

Post#303 » by Rich Rane » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:40 am

MGrand15 wrote:Take your time getting back DJ. Claxton was awesome tonight. And he almost punched CJ out.

I know CJ is struggling, but it would've been an easy move to flop or react with aggression so that was pretty classy of him to keep his cool.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#304 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:43 am

Amazing win. Like I was saying this team is still learning how to play together.

We have the talent to be really good. Late game execution was excellent tonight. Credit to Kenny.

And Dinwddie is back. Thank God.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#305 » by DarkXaero » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:43 am

MGrand15 wrote:Lots of stuff to clean up but i'll take the W any day. Lots of grit in this win. Huge game winning plays from everyone.

Take your time getting back DJ. Claxton was awesome tonight. And he almost punched CJ out.

We gotta keep Kyrie's minutes down. I know LeVert struggled and maybe we needed all of his minutes today but 38+ minutes is a lot. Let's give Musa like 5 more minutes a game and keep Ky fresh for the whole season.
On the contrary, I thought this was a great road performance from a team that has mostly struggled this season. Blazers had the same record as us, but they were far desperate, and Lillard played a career best game tonight. Our defense was mostly very good, we took care of the ball, and we got a lot of good looks offensively.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#306 » by Stone » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:46 am

Our first road win, our first two game win steak.

500 record....

Props to Big J for his tremendous effort.

60 points for Dame amazing....is that this seasons highest point total?
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#307 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:47 am

Great Win! My thoughts.....

-Game ball to dinwiddie overall but man Kyrie made some big game winning plays late. not just the 2 clutch shots but that block on lillard and in general just gritty play. crashing the glass, diving on the floor, poking away balls and deflecting shots... say what you want about his defensive reputation but the dude is bringing the grit and intensity like he is some wak on at fordham and not an all-nba star. dude has been out of his mind so far.

-Levert quietly had some huge plays late too... that play to deflect a rebound that was a sure whiteside put back then the save from out of bounds was huge and kept it a 2 possession game. he struggled tonight... but still found a way to help win this game.

-Claxton era has begun... this years allen/rodi he will carve out a role. Deandre may get wally pipped. im not going to knee jerk on claxton but his effort trumps jordans by quite a bit. Hopefully its a wake up call for DJ

-I though kenny made some great adjustments late. forcing lillard to split double teams or give the ball up. speed up his decision making and not let him get switched on to a mismatch. the way he was going that was the correct move.

We need to find whomever the best FT shooting coach in the word is and pay him a billion dollars to take a job here

go nets!
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#308 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:06 am

The timeout by Kenny when it was a tie game was a critical/turning point of the game. The Nets came out with a great play out of TO, giving Harris a wide open 3 which he knocked down. Then they played great defense at built the lead to 10.

Kenny has struggled in the past with in game adjustments moves bit that was great work by him.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#309 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:09 am

kamaze wrote:The Nets are going to lose this game

lolz
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#310 » by Papi_swav » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:23 am

Prokorov wrote:Great Win! My thoughts.....

-Game ball to dinwiddie overall but man Kyrie made some big game winning plays late. not just the 2 clutch shots but that block on lillard and in general just gritty play. crashing the glass, diving on the floor, poking away balls and deflecting shots... say what you want about his defensive reputation but the dude is bringing the grit and intensity like he is some wak on at fordham and not an all-nba star. dude has been out of his mind so far.

-Levert quietly had some huge plays late too... that play to deflect a rebound that was a sure whiteside put back then the save from out of bounds was huge and kept it a 2 possession game. he struggled tonight... but still found a way to help win this game.

-Claxton era has begun... this years allen/rodi he will carve out a role. Deandre may get wally pipped. im not going to knee jerk on claxton but his effort trumps jordans by quite a bit. Hopefully its a wake up call for DJ

-I though kenny made some great adjustments late. forcing lillard to split double teams or give the ball up. speed up his decision making and not let him get switched on to a mismatch. the way he was going that was the correct move.

We need to find whomever the best FT shooting coach in the word is and pay him a billion dollars to take a job here

go nets!

This . Kyrie has done everything we could ask for and more. I love what Claxton gave us, can't wait to see more of the kid. He needs more minutes than DJ for sure, DJ is lazy. Kenny threw the whole book at Dame, he was just on fire today. Great performances on both sides, fun game to watch for sure.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#311 » by MGrand15 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:49 am

Also Joe Harris is cold blooded. But two HUGE 3s. Including a step back 3. Kyrie must be teaching him.

Kyrie is gonna be a monster once our offensive system starts clicking. That dagger at the end was just a superstar play. Amazing to watch. Hell of an effort defensively too.

LeVert really struggled but he made some big plays in crunch time. He's got to figure out how to get out of these slumps mid game. 2 for 13 ain't good enough.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#312 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:00 am

Never try to beat the blazers at blowing a game! All kidding aside (it’s been a rough season) congrats on the win
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#313 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:11 am

Rich Rane wrote:I'm not even annoyed Lillard stat padded.

its new franchise record

previous (59 pts) was also set by dame
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,829

Post#314 » by Karate Diop » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:42 pm

We're just not going to see any defense this year are we? 0
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,823

Post#315 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:29 pm

Karate Diop wrote:We're just not going to see any defense this year are we? 0

We have an elite offense. I don't give a damn about defense. If we hit our FTs and keep the TOs down like we did last night teams cannot stop us

All of this is without KD. God help the league when he returns.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#316 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:42 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Also Joe Harris is cold blooded. But two HUGE 3s. Including a step back 3. Kyrie must be teaching him.

Kyrie is gonna be a monster once our offensive system starts clicking. That dagger at the end was just a superstar play. Amazing to watch. Hell of an effort defensively too.

LeVert really struggled but he made some big plays in crunch time. He's got to figure out how to get out of these slumps mid game. 2 for 13 ain't good enough.

i think it comes down to finishing... for someone who gets to the rim that often... typically with a step on his defender, he misses alot of layups and doesnt draw many fouls. maybe try and dunk more of those or try and harden into some cheap fouls?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#317 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:44 pm

i actually thought we played really food defense... the majority of lillards points where on deep/offblanace/contested threes and layups switched on to a big. the rest of the team did jack and when we needed stops on dame late... we got them
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#318 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

We have an elite offense. I don't give a damn about defense. If we hit our FTs and keep the TOs down like we did last night teams cannot stop us

All of this is without KD. God help the league when he returns.

yeah i mean we should absolutely by at least 5-3 and probably 6-2... thats with a billion turnovers and no D.

I think kenny will eventually go back to heavy zone and the turnovers go down... thays when we will see a long winning streak

cant wait for a death lineup with KD at center

Kyrie | Spencer | Levert | Harris | KD
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#319 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:

i actually thought we played really food defense... the majority of lillards points where on deep/offblanace/contested threes and layups switched on to a big. the rest of the team did jack and when we needed stops on dame late... we got them

Exactly. We had a decent gameplan to limit Damian, he was just determined to dominate. 60 points on 33 shots, the rest of his team had 55 points on 64 shots. Overall, our D was improved, I'm encouraged.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Uncbball8293
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#320 » by Uncbball8293 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:12 pm

That was a fun game to watch and I'm happy Claxton and Musa finally got some minutes. Claxton really impressed me in Summer League and I love the kids demeanor and attitude. Just seems to be a hungry and humble kid. It's been hard for me to watch DJ this year just for the opposite reasons. Claxton really does remind me of a young/poor mans Chris Bosh right now with his game and being a lefty of course.

I really hope Kenny can find a way to somehow give Musa atleast 8-12 minutes per game to give the kid some consistency and let him settle in. I've watched every minute the kid has played since he was drafted from Gleague to Summer League and I can tell you the kid is nervous out there. I think he is trying so hard to impress and stick in the short time he is out there he is a mess. The Nets coaches have been hard on him from day 1 and I think that just tells you they like what they see in him. IMO just the simple transition finish with the left is something that Nwaba/Kurucs can't do. He's basically played 10 minutes of real basketball since he was drafted last year, so it's understandable for him to be nervous.

Good to see Spence finally have a good game, and make up for the off shooting night from Kyrie, Caris, and Prince. Just an overall great team win.

Return to Brooklyn Nets