ImageImageImageImageImage

What are some trade ideas you’d entertain?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: What are some trade ideas you’d entertain? 

Post#141 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:28 pm

kamaze wrote:They can trade Kurucs and Musa this team needs a power forward. Next year Prince should be coming off the bench.

the nets dont have a power forwardd position. they dont play 1980s basketball
clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#142 » by clo12345 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:50 pm

We need to plan for the future if we want to keep Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen. Harris is going to get at least double what he makes now and Allen due for a raise after next year. I think theyre our most valuable players after Kyrie, KD and Spencer. Unfortunately that means trading away Levert, Taurean or DJ (id rather have Harris and Allen).

Can we keep those guys with our current payroll and how far over the cap can we go?
clo12345
Freshman

Post#143 » by clo12345 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:55 pm

The Taurean extension is starting to look really bad
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#144 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:11 pm

clo12345 wrote:The Taurean extension is starting to look really bad

I agree, it might've been premature. I also think the Temple signing was a little much.

I do hope Marks figures out a way to keep Joe beyond this year. I'd be crushed to see him go. To me, him and Dinwiddie have been the embodiment of Nets culture through this rebuild.

Back to Prince, I think next year Prince has to go to the bench if we keep Joe. I wouldn't mind seeing lineups:

Starting
Irving - Temple - Harris - Durant - Allen

Bench
Din - Levert - Nwaba - Prince - Jordan

You can keep Levert in if he's hot, but let's maybe start considering dialing back major minutes for him. I don't think it'll happen but I do think that'd be best for his long term health.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#145 » by Papi_swav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:14 pm

clo12345 wrote:We need to plan for the future if we want to keep Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen. Harris is going to get at least double what he makes now and Allen due for a raise after next year. I think theyre our most valuable players after Kyrie, KD and Spencer. Unfortunately that means trading away Levert, Taurean or DJ (id rather have Harris and Allen).

Can we keep those guys with our current payroll and how far over the cap can we go?

We have those guys bird rights, so I think we can sign them no matter how much we go over the cap, to my understanding. And plus,he owner is rich so who cares. Harris and Allen is a must to be resigned. I would trade Levert and Prince before those guys leave, I"m pretty sure Marks knows this.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#146 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:27 pm

clo12345 wrote:We need to plan for the future if we want to keep Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen. Harris is going to get at least double what he makes now and Allen due for a raise after next year. I think theyre our most valuable players after Kyrie, KD and Spencer. Unfortunately that means trading away Levert, Taurean or DJ (id rather have Harris and Allen).

We can go over the cap to sign them. It's not really an issue outside of how much luxury tax the Nets are willing to pay.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
clo12345
Freshman

Post#147 » by clo12345 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Papi_swav wrote:

We have those guys bird rights, so I think we can sign them no matter how much we go over the cap, to my understanding. And plus,he owner is rich so who cares. Harris and Allen is a must to be resigned. I would trade Levert and Prince before those guys leave, I"m pretty sure Marks knows this.

True the owner is rich but still. RIGHT NOW our payroll stands at $142 mill next year which is the 3rd most. If we want to add Joe Harris to that, we will probably have the biggest payroll next year.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#148 » by Papi_swav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:25 pm

clo12345 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

True the owner is rich but still. RIGHT NOW our payroll stands at $142 mill next year which is the 3rd most. If we want to add Joe Harris to that, we will probably have the biggest payroll next year.

The price you have to pay to build a championship team.
clo12345
Freshman

Post#149 » by clo12345 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Yea I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't stop us from resigning Lumber Joe.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#150 » by kamaze » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:02 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:
clo12345 wrote:The Taurean extension is starting to look really bad

I agree, it might've been premature. I also think the Temple signing was a little much.

I do hope Marks figures out a way to keep Joe beyond this year. I'd be crushed to see him go. To me, him and Dinwiddie have been the embodiment of Nets culture through this rebuild.

Back to Prince, I think next year Prince has to go to the bench if we keep Joe. I wouldn't mind seeing lineups:

Starting
Irving - Temple - Harris - Durant - Allen

Bench
Din - Levert - Nwaba - Prince - Jordan

You can keep Levert in if he's hot, but let's maybe start considering dialing back major minutes for him. I don't think it'll happen but I do think that'd be best for his long term health.

They could use some luck finding someone in the draft to play that big forward next to Durant. Prince ain't gonna cut it.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,674

Post#151 » by nzahir » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:48 am

kamaze wrote:
nzahir wrote:You guys have any interest in kyle kuzma?

Nah we got plenty of forwards.

Anyone else here interested in Kuzma? 2M a year and very cheap next year and cheap hold in 2021.

Would you give up phi 1st, kurucs, and a 2nd for Kuzma?
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#152 » by brook » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:59 am

I'm really, really sad for Nwaba. He don't deserve this.
Also for the team is an incredible bad news. He can defend literally on everyone and was shooting well.
Kurucs, now or never...
I think we have no other choice: cut Nwaba and Pinson, sign Shumpert and I don't know, Jamal Crawford or Devin Harris.
Atkinson choose to put Pinson out of the rotation, but unfortunately was just for one game...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#153 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:04 pm

nzahir wrote:
kamaze wrote:
nzahir wrote:You guys have any interest in kyle kuzma?

Nah we got plenty of forwards.

Anyone else here interested in Kuzma? 2M a year and very cheap next year and cheap hold in 2021.

Would you give up phi 1st, kurucs, and a 2nd for Kuzma?

Not sure if he's a culture fit here tbh.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#154 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:49 pm

I posted a deal on the T&T board, to mostly negative opinion from WAS fans. From a BRK perspective, what do y'all think?

Prince/Pinson/PHI1st for Bertans/Thomas
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#155 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:40 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I posted a deal on the T&T board, to mostly negative opinion from WAS fans. From a BRK perspective, what do y'all think?

That's an awful deal for WAS. Bertans is a beast.

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#156 » by kamaze » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:I posted a deal on the T&T board, to mostly negative opinion from WAS fans. From a BRK perspective, what do y'all think?

That's an awful deal for WAS. Bertans is a beast.

This is Brooklyns board hes asking for our opinion he can post it on the Wizards board to get their opinion.

Prince has been inconsistent but it's his 1st year. I hope in the future the team goes for players from the western conference where the talent is better.

Bertans is a nice piece if they wanted to go after another stretch 4 in the future but I don't care for IT.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#157 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:55 pm

I gave my opinion, it's an unrealistic trade. Bertans is way better than Taurean Prince. It's not even close. The Spurs look foolish for getting rid of him.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,826

Post#158 » by Rich Rane » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:07 pm

kamaze wrote:This is Brooklyns board hes asking for our opinion he can post it on the Wizards board to get their opinion.

Opinions can be given on the realism of said trade and not just the Brooklyn side of it.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#159 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I gave my opinion, it's an unrealistic trade. Bertans is way better than Taurean Prince. It's not even close. The Spurs look foolish for getting rid of him.

I mean, I don't think the gap is as much as you're suggesting, but it's tangible. Davis' defense is worse than Prince's, and that's saying something.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#160 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:20 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I gave my opinion, it's an unrealistic trade. Bertans is way better than Taurean Prince. It's not even close. The Spurs look foolish for getting rid of him.

I mean, I don't think the gap is as much as you're suggesting, but it's tangible. Davis' defense is worse than Prince's, and that's saying something.

True.

Return to Brooklyn Nets