ImageImageImageImageImage

What are some trade ideas you’d entertain?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Re: What are some trade ideas you’d entertain? 

Post#221 » by Papi_swav » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I gave it some thought. I just don't see the fit being that great. He has donwgraded this season from last. He can take over the defensive assignments at the wing but his shot just isn't there. I know he use to be very good defensively but I'm not sure how well he's been this season. But, if we can get him for very cheap, for like Prince, I'll definitely do that deal but someone will offer more than that and I will not give up Dinwiddie or Joe Harris.

When you factor in fit and salary id rather have prince/kurucs/chandler backing up durant than gordon.

to match salary we would have to say goodbye to prince, temple, and rodi. id rather the depth/fit

He's a huge no no on this team. 1- he can't shoot 2- needs ball to be effective 3- bad team defense. Aaron been on a trade block during his rookie contact should tell you enough. Beside Isaac they have nothing interesting for us.

Yea I been saying Isaac is that dude but he's un-tradeable for the Magics and rightfully so. We'll have to look elsewhere. But we should look into Moe Harkless too.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,543

Post#222 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:01 pm

i think we need to acquire a legit 3rd PG and one more frontcourt player.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#223 » by Stone » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:57 pm

What about Jaylan Hands? Any idea if he is ready or will be ready for next season?
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#224 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:i think we need to acquire a legit 3rd PG and one more frontcourt player.

3rd string PG...that should be doable. T.Burke, TJ, Neto, Napier, Hands.

Front court is easy....KD.
Resign Chandler too. Also we have this Claxton kid that fan play either spot.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#225 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Stone wrote:What about Jaylan Hands? Any idea if he is ready or will be ready for next season?

I dont think he will be able to stick around, even in G league. doesnt look like a pro NBA or otherwise
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,543

Post#226 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:i think we need to acquire a legit 3rd PG and one more frontcourt player.

We just need someone competent to hold the line when Kyrie misses time. Burke or Napier would be my targets, if Shabazz wants to come back here (I'm not sure if he was pissed about getting traded like how Allen Crabbe was).

Unfortunately, we'll have to say goodbye to Theo this summer. We just can't afford to have sloppy play next season at guard.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#227 » by ProspectPark » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:56 pm

For 3rd string PG, I hope we sign someone who is physical, can be a pest and get into the heads of the opposing PG’s like Lowry, and someone who has playoff experience.

Matthew Dellavedova fits this description. As a bonus he is tight with Kyrie and Sean Marks.

Other than that just re-sign Joe Harris and Wilson Chandler and we’re good.

Kyrie / LeVert / Harris / KD / Allen

Dinwiddie / Temple / Prince / Chandler / DJ

Dellavedova / Musa / TLC / Rodi / Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#228 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:

We just need someone competent to hold the line when Kyrie misses time. Burke or Napier would be my targets, if Shabazz wants to come back here (I'm not sure if he was pissed about getting traded like how Allen Crabbe was).

Unfortunately, we'll have to say goodbye to Theo this summer. We just can't afford to have sloppy play next season at guard.

Napier started most of the season. he is looking for a bigger role and money not 3rd string and DNPs. same for burke.

We are going to be looking at guys coming off injury, rookies, or vets holding on for another year or so. i dont think anyone mentioned is likely to land here.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#229 » by kamaze » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Remember that guard from France that played summer league? That's their 3rd guard draft a power forward.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#230 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:46 pm

kamaze wrote:Remember that guard from France that played summer league? That's their 3rd guard draft a power forward.

summer league scrub international guard is who you use to back up jarrett jack in a 20 win season. not the insurance policy for durants 3-year chanpionship contention window.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#231 » by kamaze » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:13 am

He's more than qualified.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#232 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:16 pm

kamaze wrote:He's more than qualified.

qualified to what? carry everyones bags to the arena?
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#233 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:Remember that guard from France that played summer league? That's their 3rd guard draft a power forward.

summer league scrub international guard is who you use to back up jarrett jack in a 20 win season. not the insurance policy for durants 3-year chanpionship contention window.

Just because he plays in europe doesn't mean he's not any good or can't make the team. Unless you actually watch him play that's just a hot take.

Also, he'll be the 3rd PG behind Kyrie and Din, so unless the Nets gets decimated by injuries, he won't see any playing time.

Who was the 3rd string PG for the Warriors? or LeBron Cavs? Raptors?

Answer: Scrubs. If you want to put in the context of championship, the 3rd PG does not move the needle, especially for the Nets who have 3 guys who can play PG mins in Din, LeVert, Kyrie.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:26 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Just because he plays in europe doesn't mean he's not any good or can't make the team. Unless you actually watch him play that's just a hot take.

Also, he'll be the 3rd PG behind Kyrie and Din, so unless the Nets gets decimated by injuries, he won't see any playing time.

Answer: Scrubs. If you want to put in the context of championship, the 3rd PG does not move the needle, especially for the Nets who have 3 guys who can play PG mins in Din, LeVert, Kyrie.

with levert and kyrie and even durant depth becomes more important. unless you want to hang next years hopes on Musa and Pinson again?
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#235 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:09 am

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

with levert and kyrie and even durant depth becomes more important. unless you want to hang next years hopes on Musa and Pinson again?

As long as KD is healthy, it will be fine. Besides if any team in the NBA has to depend on a 3rd string PG to be successful, it'll be a recipe for disaster....

Point is, we have very little flexibility to get a 3rd PG and if the team/scouts think Cordinier fills that role, I don't see the problem.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:17 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:

As long as KD is healthy, it will be fine. Besides if any team in the NBA has to depend on a 3rd string PG to be successful, it'll be a recipe for disaster....

Point is, we have very little flexibility to get a 3rd PG and if the team/scouts think Cordinier fills that role, I don't see the problem.

Durant needs help too. dinwiddie and durant isnt enough to win a title. we need that insurance... trading levert for someone more durable probably makes the most sense.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#237 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Durant needs help too. dinwiddie and durant isnt enough to win a title. we need that insurance... trading levert for someone more durable probably makes the most sense.

Yeah probably. I'm sure Marks will make a proper evaluation and he's earned our trust of making the right call. (OF course we'll debate whether it is or not anyway :lol:)
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#238 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:34 pm

Not a trade option but what about bringing in Tyler Johnson at this point?

Return to Brooklyn Nets