Post#162 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Dinsanity is taking over NY.

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Re: GT: Celtics vs Nets - Friday, 11/28/19 | 12:00 PM EST 

Post#163 » by Papi_swav » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:43 pm

DJ jumps so damn high and with so much power it's crazy.. I've been criticizing him but I guess he's been ok. Has good and bad about him but I can't help but get so hyped when he finishes those alley oops. It gets the crowd going.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#164 » by Papi_swav » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
I think we need to explore trying to use Musa's height a bit by letting him facilitate from the post with guys cutting or curling off screen for a three. I mean, every one plays outside/in now, but an entire generation of hoops was played inside/out too.

Yeah no chance.

The nets view post touches as wasted possessions. and thats for good back to the basket players. let alone point forwards. Also, i know everyone keeps posting that musa is 6'9" but he plays really small. he is horrific finishing at the hoop and has a low release and crouches low when he dribbles.

Yea he looks hunched back out there like an old man. And he's always on the floor crawling..
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#165 » by MGrand15 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:When Levert comes back to you start him?

I can see an argument for starting spencer and giving levert spencers role as super sub. i can also see sticking with temple in the starting lineup to give that unit a plus defender and 3 catching shoot guys around the kyrie-allen pick and roll

My proposal is

1st unit: Allen/Prince/Harris/Temple/Irving. This gives Irving elite floor spacing to operate and a solid PnR/rim runner in Allen who is beasting right now on the catch and finish. Temples provides 3+D and Harris/Prince combo is an elite shooting duo at the forward position.

2nd unit: Jordan/Claxton/Shumpert/LeVert/Dinwiddie. This is where the grit will come in.

I'd be cool with starting Temple when KD is back but for now, I'd rather have 2 ball handlers in the starting lineup. Takes some pressure off Kyrie. Raises our ceiling. We need to figure out how to get all 3 guys going.

I don't think it's fair to judge the Kyrie + LeVert combo with such a small sample size. If we want more defense, I wouldn't mind going with Dinwiddie at that spot - who's been a lot better this year on that end.

I'd rather try it and have it fail. Temple is the easy choice. We can always default to that combo. Dinwiddie and LeVert would kill 2nd units if we did that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#166 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 1, 2019 3:30 am

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:When Levert comes back to you start him?

I can see an argument for starting spencer and giving levert spencers role as super sub. i can also see sticking with temple in the starting lineup to give that unit a plus defender and 3 catching shoot guys around the kyrie-allen pick and roll

My proposal is

1st unit: Allen/Prince/Harris/Temple/Irving. This gives Irving elite floor spacing to operate and a solid PnR/rim runner in Allen who is beasting right now on the catch and finish. Temples provides 3+D and Harris/Prince combo is an elite shooting duo at the forward position.

2nd unit: Jordan/Claxton/Shumpert/LeVert/Dinwiddie. This is where the grit will come in.

I'd be cool with starting Temple when KD is back but for now, I'd rather have 2 ball handlers in the starting lineup. Takes some pressure off Kyrie. Raises our ceiling. We need to figure out how to get all 3 guys going.

I don't think it's fair to judge the Kyrie + LeVert combo with such a small sample size. If we want more defense, I wouldn't mind going with Dinwiddie at that spot - who's been a lot better this year on that end.

I'd rather try it and have it fail. Temple is the easy choice. We can always default to that combo. Dinwiddie and LeVert would kill 2nd units if we did that.

I'm cool either way, I just like the idea of Kyrie on the floor with three shooters and a rim runner. He would be unstoppable tbh

Lol and KD is coming. This is crazy
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#167 » by Papi_swav » Sun Dec 1, 2019 3:58 am

You guys make good points. I'm really not sure who should start and who should come off the bench. But I know one thing, these guys are going to have to learn how to gel together. Kyrie/Levert/Din will all play close to or over 30 minutes each so they will have to spend time together and figure out a way to work together effectively. I know Levert was killing when he came off the bench last year, especially against Philly in the playoffs, so that might be his calling card. We know Din is a running 6MOTY but we've seen how well the group has played with him starting. Very tough choice to make but we need Kyrie and Levert back ASAP to evaluate this. We need for them to play at least 20-30 games together.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#168 » by Prokorov » Sun Dec 1, 2019 3:09 pm

SpeedyG wrote:I mean we could keep banging our head in the same wall and expect the same results, sure. You can keep talkimg analytics, but this season Kenny is budging more and more.

Who is banging their head against a wall? our offense has been elite this season and was very good last year. if Musa cant hit wide open shots or finish at the rim you dont change everything you do and change to something your franchise views as bad offense (post touches) just so you can maybe squeeze more out of one of your end of the rotaiton players.

you either find someone else who can hit open shots or live with his struggles if you are confident its just a cold spell

Return to Brooklyn Nets