Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: GT: Heat vs NETS - Sunday, 12/1/19 | 3:00 PM EST 

Post#281 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 4:02 pm

^
My sentiments exactly, MDB.

I'm not gonna get hype over KG's comments about us. I am a bit angry at his take on Boston being a non-racist town. It is well-documented as a problem in the Boston area. He is one of the most popular PoC icons there. His comments whitewash the inequity that people of his skin color experience, he's basically shucking and jiving for Beantown.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#282 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Dec 4, 2019 5:25 pm

Honestly, who in their right mind would live in Boston over New York anyway?

All these Celtics "legends" love Boston so much, but none of them will retire there.

NY is a world class city. Boston, is a NY's ugly cousin. Colder, racist, and nightlife is trash.

If I was a 27 year old millionaire would I sign up to stay in Boston or play in the one of the most famous cities on the planet.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,544

Post#283 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 4, 2019 5:41 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Honestly, who in their right mind would live in Boston over New York anyway?

All these Celtics "legends" love Boston so much, but none of them will retire there.

NY is a world class city. Boston, is a NY's ugly cousin. Colder, racist, and nightlife is trash.

If I was a 27 year old millionaire would I sign up to stay in Boston or play in the one of the most famous cities on the planet.

I'm not a big city type anyway...like Kyrie I would prefer a suburb to living right in a city. But there's no question I'd rather have to deal with being in Brooklyn or Manhattan over Boston wtf :lol: :lol: :lol: great food, nightlife, a wide array of ethnic backgrounds (which again = GREAT FOOD. You cannot discount the cuisine of New York City), and there's always something to do or you can dip back to South Orange if you want peace and quiet.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#284 » by kamaze » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Not in Boston he hasn't Pierce is a legend their and so is KG he didn't bring a championship there.

No he didnt in cleveland, which had never won a title before and he did it by beating a 73 win defending champion.

KG and Pierce are bitter old idiots who cant handle that someone didnt like boston and prefers NY. old man yells at cloud like you read about.

Kyrie is far from a coward. he talked about boston, admitted his parts in their lack of success, talks openly about things and doesnt just give canned robot responses.

KG is a world class D-bag. calling villenueva a cancer patient is one of the all-time black eyes in NBA

i remember that. Charlie Villanueva has an autoimmune disease that doesn't allow his body to grow hair and KG called him a cancer patient. You have to be a real messed up person to joke like that about cancer.

It's trash talking quit being so sensative.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#285 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:24 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
No he didnt in cleveland, which had never won a title before and he did it by beating a 73 win defending champion.

KG and Pierce are bitter old idiots who cant handle that someone didnt like boston and prefers NY. old man yells at cloud like you read about.

Kyrie is far from a coward. he talked about boston, admitted his parts in their lack of success, talks openly about things and doesnt just give canned robot responses.

KG is a world class D-bag. calling villenueva a cancer patient is one of the all-time black eyes in NBA

i remember that. Charlie Villanueva has an autoimmune disease that doesn't allow his body to grow hair and KG called him a cancer patient. You have to be a real messed up person to joke like that about cancer.

Somethings are kosher with trash talk... cancer patients and rape victims are out of bands and make you a world class D-bag

if you think cancer patients are a laughing matter and deserve to be openly mocked at that is being "not sensative" then im fine being sensative
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#286 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:29 pm

Somewhat back on topic...

I know that the season is long, and it's foolhardy to get hung up over close wins or losses. But man, I really want to knock Miami down a peg, their tough talk is so annoying to me:

https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-jimmy-butler-claims-were-the-only-team-that-can-beat-us-after-win-over-raptors/

I suppose we'll have to eat crow, bite our tongues and roll our eyes until the next time we meet. They're good, no hate. But we should have handled them when we had the chance, and now the y think they're a friggin' dynasty. I thought I couldn't sports-hate a team more than Boston. I was wrong.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,544

Post#287 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:09 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Somewhat back on topic...

I know that the season is long, and it's foolhardy to get hung up over close wins or losses. But man, I really want to knock Miami down a peg, their tough talk is so annoying to me:

https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-jimmy-butler-claims-were-the-only-team-that-can-beat-us-after-win-over-raptors/

I suppose we'll have to eat crow, bite our tongues and roll our eyes until the next time we meet. They're good, no hate. But we should have handled them when we had the chance, and now the y think they're a friggin' dynasty. I thought I couldn't sports-hate a team more than Boston. I was wrong.

We should have handled business and beat them. We'll get healthier and we'll see what happens when they play us at full strength.

Like I said with Boston, if you have trouble beating us now, good luck later on.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#288 » by kamaze » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:12 pm

The big difference between them and us is defensive intensity. All the top teams in the east have a good defense Boston, Indiana, Milwaukee and Miami. I haven't watched Philadelphia this year.

If the team wants to be in the top 4 or 5 in the future they have to get better on defense.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#289 » by kamaze » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Somethings are kosher with trash talk... cancer patients and rape victims are out of bands and make you a world class D-bag

if you think cancer patients are a laughing matter and deserve to be openly mocked at that is being "not sensative" then im fine being sensative

That wasn't meant for you...

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#290 » by Papi_swav » Wed Dec 4, 2019 8:15 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Honestly, who in their right mind would live in Boston over New York anyway?

And this is exactly why Boston hates on NYers. Been that way for years. We're just better than them in every way, sorry. And their girls love our accents lol I would know.

Return to Brooklyn Nets