GT: BRK @ ATL || 12/4/19, 730PM EST

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Re: GT: BRK @ ATL || 12/4/19, 730PM EST 

Post#121 » by Papi_swav » Fri Dec 6, 2019 9:13 am

LOUiS-D wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:And we wouldn't be able to send Musa or Pinson down to g league for Chandler right?

You can send them down to the g-league at any time (as we've done recently with Rodi), but it doesn't free up a roster spot.

Damn so it's either Pinson or Musa if it was my choice, there's no way we can let Nwaba go. I would let Musa go but I doubt Marks is going to cut him this early after drafting him and being patient with him. And Pinson is an easy choice too, he has no future in the NBA but he is a good locker room presence and a great cheerleader so I rather keep him more. We'll see...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 6, 2019 1:43 pm

There is no way in hell Marks releases Nwaba for Chandler.

I don't know how this is going to work but you absolutely need defenders like Nwaba and Shumpert on this roster.

I'm not giving up on Musa yet either. I think he can still figure it out and he has good defensive chops.

I like Theo but he has been dreadful on the court and he's older, so if I had to chose obviously I'm keeping Musa, Nwaba, and Shumpert and I'm sending Musa down to the G League as soon as LeVert returns.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#123 » by MGrand15 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 3:19 pm

I really have no idea how Marks is gonna navigate this roster situation. I'll let the Marksmen deal with this. There aren't any good options.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#124 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Dec 6, 2019 4:44 pm

Yeah, there is no easy solution to this. Marks/Kenny has earned our trust, so I'm sure they'll make the right move.

I'd be upset if Nwaba is cut though.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#125 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:02 pm

Theo has to be the first odd man out.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#126 » by Stone » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:42 pm

Paradise wrote:Theo has to be the first odd man out.

I hope you’re right, but with Rodi getting so little playing time and his baggage. I would not be surprised if it’s him. OTOH when Kyrie and Caris get back it could be Theo.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#127 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 6, 2019 9:09 pm

Nwaba stays. And Musa still provides a lot in terms of hustle and defense. He's a good 11th or 12th man.

Theo is best hype man in NBA history. But thats literally all hes good for. Back to the G League where he belongs.
clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#128 » by clo12345 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 9:18 pm

There's no way we let go of Kurucs or Musa. They were drafted just last year and have shown enough potential.

Zach Lowe had a nice writeup on Musa today.

Zach Lowe wrote: Dzanan Musa has big dreams, man

Hypothesis: Musa has the largest ambition-to-talent ratio of any current player. One of the unexpected pleasures in Brooklyn's wave of injuries has been watching Musa, thrust into duty, attempting acts of brazen individualism usually reserved for superstars. My man will go 1-on-3 in transition even if all three defenders are taller and more athletic than he is.

Going 7-of-40 from deep (17.5%!) has not sapped Musa's bravado. Open catch-and-shoot 3s from just beyond the arc bore him. Musa lives for 28-footers.
ESPN Daily podcast

Monday through Friday, host Mina Kimes brings you an inside look at the most interesting stories at ESPN, as told by the top reporters and insiders on the planet. Listen

The best part of Musa flying too close to the sun is the aftermath. He seems legitimately astonished that any act of derring-do has failed.

I'm not even mad. I'm kind of impressed. I like to think Musa approaches the New York dating scene with the same unflappable confidence.

None of this is meant to render final judgment. Musa is only 20. He shot 36% on 3s in the G League. He has some craft to his game. Bravery will serve him well.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#129 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 6, 2019 10:21 pm

clo12345 wrote:There's no way we let go of Kurucs or Musa. They were drafted just last year and have shown enough potential.

Zach Lowe had a nice writeup on Musa today.

Zach Lowe wrote: Dzanan Musa has big dreams, man

Hypothesis: Musa has the largest ambition-to-talent ratio of any current player. One of the unexpected pleasures in Brooklyn's wave of injuries has been watching Musa, thrust into duty, attempting acts of brazen individualism usually reserved for superstars. My man will go 1-on-3 in transition even if all three defenders are taller and more athletic than he is.

Going 7-of-40 from deep (17.5%!) has not sapped Musa's bravado. Open catch-and-shoot 3s from just beyond the arc bore him. Musa lives for 28-footers.
ESPN Daily podcast

Monday through Friday, host Mina Kimes brings you an inside look at the most interesting stories at ESPN, as told by the top reporters and insiders on the planet. Listen

The best part of Musa flying too close to the sun is the aftermath. He seems legitimately astonished that any act of derring-do has failed.

I'm not even mad. I'm kind of impressed. I like to think Musa approaches the New York dating scene with the same unflappable confidence.

None of this is meant to render final judgment. Musa is only 20. He shot 36% on 3s in the G League. He has some craft to his game. Bravery will serve him well.

Musa needs to get his long ball going. Once he does I think his game will turn around.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#130 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 6, 2019 10:38 pm

Also if Chandler shows up washed, then I'm fine with cutting him and bringing back Pinson.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#131 » by gigantes » Sat Dec 7, 2019 6:27 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
gigantes wrote:Well, but, I mean... do you still hate Kenny, tho?

It's true, I've levied some pretty harsh criticism toward Kenneth "What's the frequency?" Atkinson.

I do not hate him, and I understand his longview brand of coaching. He wants to be the steady hand, so that players who are still finding themselves can develop without fear of a quick hook or an inconsistent role. I give him credit for making changes, though sometimes I feel his cool, calculated decision making is too methodical. At a certain point, an timely OK decision is better than a ridiculously slow, good decision. He's so smart that he's dumb.

I often liken him to the recently retired Royals manager Ned Yost. As a KC fan, I know the pros and cons of his style very well. One of the career-defining axioms that he learned as an assistant in Atlanta was to make very few changes, and only with painstaking deliberation. Bobby Cox told him that you'll always keep the trust of your clubhouse if you hold off on sending someone back to the minors or remove them from the starting rotation until it's excruciatingly obvious. Reporters will ask questions, fans will clamor for the change, you will even feel internal pressure from your GM. At that point, wait another week. The player may or may not turn around his level of performance with this added leash, but they'll always praise you for not giving up on them too early.

I respect the philosophy objectively, and yet as a fan of the team employing it, I still reserve the right to be heckin' frustrated when I see it. Dzanan and Theo better be kissin' Kenny's boots for all the rope, any other coach would have cancelled this lil' experiment a long time ago. I hope it pays dividends.

Hah... "what's the frequency, Dan Rather?"

Late reply, but anyway, thanks for explaining. Obviously I was a bit Captain Facetious there, which I think you grokked perfectly. I suppose if there's something to look forward to in all that, is that these days here are the days of suffering Kenny's patience, and later in the season it will likely be far less of a thing.

Er... I think.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#132 » by Prokorov » Sun Dec 8, 2019 4:51 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Yeah, there is no easy solution to this. Marks/Kenny has earned our trust, so I'm sure they'll make the right move.

its the easiest solution ever.

cut chandler
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#133 » by 3pt_chucker » Sun Dec 8, 2019 6:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Yeah, there is no easy solution to this. Marks/Kenny has earned our trust, so I'm sure they'll make the right move.

cut chandler

If they were going to do that it would've happened already. They must think he will be able to contribute.
gambakupu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#134 » by gambakupu » Sun Dec 8, 2019 6:57 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

cut chandler

If they were going to do that it would've happened already. They must think he will be able to contribute.

No, it wouldn't have. why make a decision 1-2 weeks before the deadline? 5 minutes before it someone can be injured.
I do think he might be able to provide something that we lack (size, defense and shooting from the 4 position).
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#135 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:09 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

cut chandler

Why would they have done it already? You dont make a move until you are forced to. What if temple and prince also got hurt? then using chandler may be a reality. Why would you cut a guy before you need to (unless he is an off-court issue). It is also a bad look to cut a guy who is injured and marks has always been a pro player GM.

But Chandler is far and away the worst player on the roster. I'd take the worst version of pinson over the chandler we saw last year
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#136 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

cut chandler

Why would they have done it already? You dont make a move until you are forced to. What if temple and prince also got hurt? then using chandler may be a reality. Why would you cut a guy before you need to (unless he is an off-court issue). It is also a bad look to cut a guy who is injured and marks has always been a pro player GM.

But Chandler is far and away the worst player on the roster. I'd take the worst version of pinson over the chandler we saw last year

I don't think it's a bad look if he got cut due to PEDs but maybe I'm wrong.

How is Chandler the worst player on the roster?? He's not as good as he used to be but he can definitely still play. His numbers last season weren't terrible by any means and the Nets under Kenny has shown to be a tea that can get the most out of veterans.

I mean Temple is putting up career numbers ffs. Raptors fans said DMC ws totally washed up and he was good for us. Even Dudley looked good at times. Ed Davis, Booker, Justin Hamilton(LOL) etc etc

I'm sure he'll make contributions as 3 and D type player of the bench.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#137 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 9, 2019 4:08 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:

How is Chandler the worst player on the roster?? He's not as good as he used to be but he can definitely still play. His numbers last season weren't terrible by any means and the Nets under Kenny has shown to be a tea that can get the most out of veterans.

I mean Temple is putting up career numbers ffs. Raptors fans said DMC ws totally washed up and he was good for us. Even Dudley looked good at times. Ed Davis, Booker, Justin Hamilton(LOL) etc etc

He was AWFUL last season. like Outlaw X Teague X a poor mans pinson awful. he cand defend, he cant dribble, but he thinks he can do both and that makes it worse. he hit enough open shots to make it look like on paper he wasnt awful. he was. he is this years player coach, not here to really contribute. he isnt close to as good as nwaba
3pt_chucker
Head Coach

Post#138 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Dec 9, 2019 4:43 pm

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He was AWFUL last season. like Outlaw X Teague X a poor mans pinson awful. he cand defend, he cant dribble, but he thinks he can do both and that makes it worse. he hit enough open shots to make it look like on paper he wasnt awful. he was. he is this years player coach, not here to really contribute. he isnt close to as good as nwaba

DO you have any stats to backup him being "a poor man's Pinson" :lol: (talk about hyperbole)

I totally disagree. I didn't watch every Philly game but he was good(for the most part) in games that I saw him play. After he got traded to Clips, there was a bit of a drop off but he wasn't terrible/unplayable. He was not terrible at all in the playoffs either.

No way he's worse than Pinson. Pinson is only good defensively. At least Chandler can still shoot.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: BRK @ ATL || 12/4/19, 730PM EST 

Post#139 » by Paradise » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He wasn’t that bad at all. He was a very noticeable contributor with Philly. He shot 39% from three in Philly and that is all that will ultimately matter with the role he has here and depth around him.

He’s a backup at this point in his career but he definitely helped Philly at times early last season.

Return to Brooklyn Nets