ImageImageImageImageImage

DJ/Joe/Prince for Love/McKinnie: whaddya think?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Love trade: Which FB Reaction Do YOU Choose?

Like = I'd be OK with it
13%
Sad = I'd hate it but I'd understand
No votes
Love = Do it now, please!!!
No votes
Angry = I'd picket Nets games
81%
Wow = I wouldn't know what to think
6%

Total votes: 16

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Re: DJ/Joe/Prince for Love/McKinnie: whaddya think? 

Post#21 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:08 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I would prefer to keep the depth that we have and add KD to it.

There's no reason to trade anyone unless it's a star who wants to come here, like a Bradley Beal

i agree with this line of thinking but Love >>> Beal and not close. especially as a third wheel

Disagreed. Beal is a better player right now and fits this system to a T
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#22 » by GTR11 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 am

Beal is the only player I can see Marks give up assets up maybe. This is wrong team you trying to fleece, duh Knix FO is not here.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#23 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I would prefer to keep the depth that we have and add KD to it.

There's no reason to trade anyone unless it's a star who wants to come here, like a Bradley Beal

i agree with this line of thinking but Love >>> Beal and not close. especially as a third wheel

i dont think beal is better... Love is certainly the better fit also as a big who can defend 3 spots, play the 4 or thr 5, stretch the floor, pass, and helps rebounding as well.

Beal isnt a bad fit, but he needs the ball where love doesnt. i dont think Kyrie and beal work well and i dont think beal works as a #3 (he didnt work all that well as a #2).

Bealis younmger, thats where the real advantage is, but we have a title window so age is less of a concern
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#24 » by gigantes » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:1) Trading for Love would give us a big 2-way stretch PF, to match up against some of the bigger contending frontcourts. We've been steamrolled by Indy, and they're not as imposing as Toronto, Philly, Milwaukee or some of the top teams we'll see out West.

2) As much as KL would be an upgrade offensively, he'd be even more of an upgrade defensively. I don't mean to downplay Taurean's contributions, he's done a yeoman's job as our undersized 4. But he's kinda hitting his ceiling iMO, while Love would give us a different level. He could also soak up minutes at the 5.

3) Playing FO defense is not a sexy reason for a trade, but honestly, it must be considered. Kevin Love coming here means that Kevin Love does not go to Boston, or Toronto, or somewhere else than might make our path forward even tougher.

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I don't understand how Love would actually fit this team, either way. I mean, KD is going to play most of his minutes at PF, and it would be nice to see Claxton get more burn there, as well. Meanwhile, Prince, as a combo forward (if not mostly a PF), will need minutes there as well.

Now sure, you can spill those threes' minutes in to other positions, but those other positions (SF and C) also have a strong rotation of players using those minutes productively.

@ecuhus1981,
I don't get the idea of Love having "defensive" chops, either. What's your thinking on that, if I may?

Because from the advanced stats I'm seeing, he's been a thoroughly mediocre defensive player the last few seasons, and it's hard to see that getting any better as he ages out of his prime.

For example, I was looking at RAPTOR BPM, and a bunch more in the fifth table down:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html

Return to Brooklyn Nets