ImageImageImageImageImage

Kenny confirms Wilson Chandler will debut vs Philly; Update: Shump waived.

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Re: Kenny confirms Wilson Chandler will debut vs Philly; Update: Shump waived. 

Post#61 » by clo12345 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
i thought he looked blah last night. walking around, low motor, struggling to move. some uncotested rebounds and a high iq strip. looks good in a blowout win. he is a really awful player. yeah he was injured last year, you can count on more of that a continued rapid drop off a cliff for him. he is a broken down decrepid corpse.

That’s a little off the rails, Prok. You don’t need to disrespect the man. He’s not whatsoever that and and nobody in the organization believes that or sees that. Dude, you read anything in that ESPN article?

I call it like i see it. no disrespect. father time and injuries catch up to everyone. Chandler was a good player for a while. He just isnt that now. He cant move well for a guy that already wasnt super athletic and he has one of the lowest motors around. Wide open corner three? sure. not much use beyond that.

I'd take shumpert 11 times out of 10 over him without thinking twice.

People are enamored with chandler on name value, not for who he actually is at this point

"Motor" as you interpret it is overrated. "He has a tremendously simple game and that’s a good thing, and understands the system," Atkinson said. "He’s one of those 4, 3, 2s, doesn’t matter, he can play any of those positions. Last thing is defense. We talk about losing Shump, but we’re gaining a guy that is a really good defender in this league."
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#62 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:14 pm

clo12345 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:That’s a little off the rails, Prok. You don’t need to disrespect the man. He’s not whatsoever that and and nobody in the organization believes that or sees that. Dude, you read anything in that ESPN article?

I call it like i see it. no disrespect. father time and injuries catch up to everyone. Chandler was a good player for a while. He just isnt that now. He cant move well for a guy that already wasnt super athletic and he has one of the lowest motors around. Wide open corner three? sure. not much use beyond that.

People are enamored with chandler on name value, not for who he actually is at this point

"Motor" as you interpret it is overrated. "He has a tremendously simple game and that’s a good thing, and understands the system," Atkinson said. "He’s one of those 4, 3, 2s, doesn’t matter, he can play any of those positions. Last thing is defense. We talk about losing Shump, but we’re gaining a guy that is a really good defender in this league."

Kenny says nice things about everyone. it doesnt help pinsons or musa that kenny says nice things about them.

Motor isnt overrated. if you are walking up and down the court in todays league of faced paced offense you wont be heling much. he has a great style and size for us, we just needed chandler from 3 or 4 years ago, not the corpse of what is left behind

we'll see, speculation on both ends now. im extremely confident he is 100% washed up.

The one positive is that he cant really play any worse then Musa, who seems to now be out of the rotation
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
i thought he looked blah last night. walking around, low motor, struggling to move. some uncotested rebounds and a high iq strip. looks good in a blowout win. he is a really awful player. yeah he was injured last year, you can count on more of that a continued rapid drop off a cliff for him. he is a broken down decrepid corpse.

That’s a little off the rails, Prok. You don’t need to disrespect the man. He’s not whatsoever that and and nobody in the organization believes that or sees that. Dude, you read anything in that ESPN article?

I loved Shumpert but I also loved what I saw from Chandler last night. His size at the 4 was a tremendous help and something we have needed behind Prince. I thought his defense was solid.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#64 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:That’s a little off the rails, Prok. You don’t need to disrespect the man. He’s not whatsoever that and and nobody in the organization believes that or sees that. Dude, you read anything in that ESPN article?

I loved Shumpert but I also loved what I saw from Chandler last night. His size at the 4 was a tremendous help and something we have needed behind Prince. I thought his defense was solid.

He barley moved. he reached his hand in a couple times on help drives. his size didnt matter, philly was small at PF, embiid was out and allen/jordan were owning the glass.

I thought he looked awful. he could barely move. if it wasnt a blouwt win it would have been more appearant

Return to Brooklyn Nets