GT Nets @ Pelicans

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT Nets @ Pelicans 

Post#181 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:17 am

Read on Twitter

Nets are officially 4.5 games behind from catching up to 3rd-4th place.

Upcoming 5 games: @ SA, vs ATL, vs NYK, @HOU, @MIN.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Re: GT Nets @ Pelicans 

Post#182 » by Papi_swav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:56 am

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:I did not speak in absolutes about good vs. terrible teams. Any given day, a team has the *chance* of beating another team, that's why they play the games. My point is that, for an above-.500 team whose intentions seem to be contention, we play up or down to the level of the competition. The injury-riddled Detroit game, the close shave @ MSG and last night are all testaments to this.

You can cherrypick one-off examples to show that other teams suffer fluke losses, but our point differential relative to our W-L record indicates that we're not dominating teams like a team with our record should.

It isn't cherry picking. I took the team we played and showed how they dont universally get stomped by good teams and i took the last 48 hours since it was easy. pick any data set it shows the same... good and great teams will let bad teams hang around or even lose to them.

This idea that we should stomp bad teams is looney... especially given we are missing our best players and basically winning these games with our role and bench players, i mean who are we supposed to blow out with guys like musa and pinson playing big minutes?

Your brining up detroit and the knicks from early in the year when we had a ton of new guys learning each other is a very weak one.

You are just flat out wrong.

I get what ecuhus is saying. We just beat a good playoff Sixers team by 20 points, we spanked them. Prok, I know u think they are a horrible team but they are a playoff team. We spank Sixers by 20 in our best win of the year then we almost lose to Pels. We beat a good playoff team in Nuggets, then we lose a heart breaker to the Hornets. It's kind of been a pattern this season. I understand that we can't beat every team that is under .500 but it would be nice to follow up a good win against a very good team by beating a bottom seeder.

I'm not upset about losing to bad teams, that will happen to every team, it's just the way we lose. We just choke and give the game away. It's different if the bad team are just hitting their shots and just having a good game because those will happen, but we've seen several times, we're beating a team by 10-15 points or so and we just choke it away. I would like to clean those up.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#183 » by Papi_swav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:58 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

We have a great chance to gain some ground now. Dammit it , only if we had won at least 3 of the games we should of won.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,429

Post#184 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Outside of Indiana and Toronto I don't think any of those teams want to deal with us in the 1st round.

We need to catch Indiana for 6th so we can face either the Heat or Celtics.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets