GT: Nets @ Rockets - Saturday, 12/28/19 | 8:00pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets @ Rockets - Saturday, 12/28/19 | 8:00pm EST 

Post#101 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:29 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Biggest problem with Dinwiddie is he can't shoot man. I've been saying this for months.

Hes a sub 30% 3 point shooter.

I still think Levert is the better overall player.

Stop it. Ofcourse Din can shoot. The problem is he's shooting fadeaway 3s which lowers his %'s. He also has to hoist it up with the shot clock winding down. Din is rarely ever wide open like Joe harris and Prince are. Levert doesn't take the same shots Din does , he only takes set up 3 pointers. Watch when Kyrie and Levert come back his %'s will rise up. He will be around 35% because he would have more open shots.

I don't think you realize the responsibility Din has right now, it takes a toll on you when the offense is running thru you and basically the only one that can handle the ball. I don't know if Levert is better or not but I know Levert cannot run a team like Din does and he' not the point guard Din is. Levert is a scorer.

When has he ever been a good high volume 3 point shooter in his career?

Hes a great overall player. But he can't shoot from 3. Its a major flaw.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#102 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Biggest problem with Dinwiddie is he can't shoot man. I've been saying this for months.

Dinwiddie is literally the only thing keeping this team from being several games below .500

Im not disputing that.

I like Dinwiddie. I just think Levert is a better player.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#103 » by Papi_swav » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

Stop it. Ofcourse Din can shoot. The problem is he's shooting fadeaway 3s which lowers his %'s. He also has to hoist it up with the shot clock winding down. Din is rarely ever wide open like Joe harris and Prince are. Levert doesn't take the same shots Din does , he only takes set up 3 pointers. Watch when Kyrie and Levert come back his %'s will rise up. He will be around 35% because he would have more open shots.

I don't think you realize the responsibility Din has right now, it takes a toll on you when the offense is running thru you and basically the only one that can handle the ball. I don't know if Levert is better or not but I know Levert cannot run a team like Din does and he' not the point guard Din is. Levert is a scorer.

How can he not shoot from 3? Can't shoot from 3 is somebody like DeAndre Jordan, he can't shoot from 3 at all. U still not understanding that he takes contested shots all game long, he's the main ball handler and he's never wide open. He shot 34% last year, 33% the season before on 5 and a half attempts, and 37% the year before that. He can clearly shoot and is capable. Just because somebody in not shooting 40% every year doesn't mean they "can't shoot from 3".

Everybody can't be Steph Curry out there bro. Since James Harden been traded to the Rockets and he's been the focal point of Houston offense for years, he has never shot over 37% from 3 on over and under 10 attempts per game, and this is over an 8 year span. So i guess he can't shoot from 3 either.

Like I said, once Kyrie and Levert comes back he won't have to carry as much of the load as he does now. I expect his %'s to go up, maybe to about 34% which is good.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#104 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Stop it. Ofcourse Din can shoot. The problem is he's shooting fadeaway 3s which lowers his %'s. He also has to hoist it up with the shot clock winding down. Din is rarely ever wide open like Joe harris and Prince are. Levert doesn't take the same shots Din does , he only takes set up 3 pointers. Watch when Kyrie and Levert come back his %'s will rise up. He will be around 35% because he would have more open shots.

How can he not shoot from 3? Can't shoot from 3 is somebody like DeAndre Jordan, he can't shoot from 3 at all. U still not understanding that he takes contested shots all game long, he's the main ball handler and he's never wide open. He shot 34% last year, 33% the season before on 5 and a half attempts, and 37% the year before that. He can clearly shoot and is capable. Just because somebody in not shooting 40% every year doesn't mean they "can't shoot from 3".

Everybody can't be Steph Curry out there bro. Since James Harden been traded to the Rockets and he's been the focal point of Houston offense for years, he has never shot over 37% from 3 on over and under 10 attempts per game, and this is over an 8 year span. So i guess he can't shoot from 3 either.

Like I said, once Kyrie and Levert comes back he won't have to carry as much of the load as he does now. I expect his %'s to go up, maybe to about 34% which is good.

I mean he can't shoot from 3 well. Obviously hes able to. But hes not very good at it.

And he never has been throughout his career. Its not just this season.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:32 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Dinwiddie is literally the only thing keeping this team from being several games below .500

Im not disputing that.

I disagree, I don't think I've ever seen LeVert carry the Nets to wins like Spencer has this season.

Yes, LeVert was a beast in the playoffs but did we see any of that this year? not really.

Imo the team hierarchy is

KD
Kyrie
Spencer
LeVert
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#106 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:21 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Im not disputing that.

I disagree, I don't think I've ever seen LeVert carry the Nets to wins like Spencer has this season.

Yes, LeVert was a beast in the playoffs but did we see any of that this year? not really.

KD
Kyrie
Spencer
LeVert

I saw Levert carry us to wins last year before he got hurt.

This year he didn't really have the chance.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#107 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Im not disputing that.

KD
Kyrie
Spencer
LeVert

I've seen Din carry this team to wins with Caris missing 30+ games past few years.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#108 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Im not disputing that.

better at what?

scoring - no
passing - no
rebounding - no
efficiency/shooting - no
defense - no
impact -no
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#109 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Im not disputing that.

KD
Kyrie
Spencer
LeVert

we had a losing record before levert got hurt. we had a winning record after he went down with Dlo/Dinwiddie running things

we had a losing record with levert before he went down

winning record led by dinwiddie

Return to Brooklyn Nets