ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Timberwolves - Monday, 12/30/19 | 8:00pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Re: GT: Nets @ Timberwolves - Monday, 12/30/19 | 8:00pm EST 

Post#201 » by clo12345 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:54 am

I am SO SICK of Prince and Temple. They think they've earned the right to chuck away. They are not Spencer. Would rather have Carroll/Dudley/RHJ
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#202 » by Shark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:57 am

Kenny goes with the hot hand often when it comes to Allen-DJ and last season when it was Dinwiddie-D'Lo. Why not keep TLC in there for a bit longer over Temple or Prince? At this point Prince is doing everything he can to play himself out of the starting lineup. And if he's going to be falling asleep on the boards and turning the ball over you might as well play someone that is hungry for a full contract.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#203 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:59 am

LOUiS-D wrote:not a surprise these threads are getting quiet at the moment. there's really not much to say that hasn't been said. we're beat up. everything's a struggle right now. dallas might put us down quickly.

Even without Luka, they might win by 20. Of course, this team is so weird, we've lost some ridiculously winnable games (like tonight! :banghead: :nonono: :noway: ) , and snatched some tough ones.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#204 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:09 am

LOUiS-D wrote:I've never understood the hand is part of the ball rule (referring to the fingers when they're in contact with the ball). I mean I understand it from the perspective of it makes the game slightly easier to officiate. Getting smashed on the fingers f***ing hurts man.

The best defenders today abuse the spirit of this tweak in how they officiate this. It's how Draymond broke Valanciunas' hand. Just smacking down as hard as you can without regard to the opposition's hand isn't skill, and I'm a bigtime defense guy. I just have no respect for it.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#205 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:21 am

Shark wrote:How many times is Dieng going to reach for his face as if he's been smacked? Dude is annoying with that.

You can tell he grew up watching soccer! :lol:
-- Steve Martin
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,826

Post#206 » by Rich Rane » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:23 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Shark wrote:How many times is Dieng going to reach for his face as if he's been smacked? Dude is annoying with that.

You can tell he grew up watching soccer! :lol:

Messed up, but you got a laugh out of me.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#207 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:24 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:This team is a disaster right now. How do we blow ANOTHER late game lead against a team without its 2 best players.

Coaching. That's the only way to explain how we can't make adjustments outside of the base scouting report. We'd have an easier time beating them WITH Wiggins and Towns, because we beat ourselves when the opposition looks different than the tape. We're a team of yes-men, and the captain can't adjust his way out of a paper bag.
-- Steve Martin
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,826

Post#208 » by Rich Rane » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:33 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:This team is a disaster right now. How do we blow ANOTHER late game lead against a team without its 2 best players.

Coaching. That's the only way to explain how we can't make adjustments outside of the base scouting report. We'd have an easier time beating them WITH Wiggins and Towns, because we beat ourselves when the opposition looks different than the tape. We're a team of yes-men, and the captain can't adjust his way out of a paper bag.

Kinda difficult for me to put a lot on Kenny. The team is injured to hell and he would expect Prince and Temple to do things like shoot the open 3 or make a decent pass. If he wants to bench them, who plays? TLC and Chandler had solid games tonight, but they're not exactly showing consistency just yet. Neither has anyone on that bench really.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#209 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:59 am

Rich Rane wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

Kinda difficult for me to put a lot on Kenny. The team is injured to hell and he would expect Prince and Temple to do things like shoot the open 3 or make a decent pass. If he wants to bench them, who plays? TLC and Chandler had solid games tonight, but they're not exactly showing consistency just yet. Neither has anyone on that bench really.

You're right, and I don't blame Kenny for shot selection or misses. As you said, he's empowering 10% usage players to masquerade as 20% usage players, and it appears we have run out the string. My beef with stoneface is that he lets us bang our heads against a wall for too long. I'm not sure it's a long play anymore, I think it's just brainlock. He's great with game prep when it fits his expectation, and he's a savant with ATO's. He's really solid with team camaraderie, but D@MM!+, some of his shortcomings are driving me up a wall.

The players draw my ire too, I'm not laying this or any other L solely at his feet.
-- Steve Martin
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#210 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 am

So I’m not allowed to be mad?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#211 » by MGrand15 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:18 am

This was probably one of the worst games of the Atkinson era. Just really low effort and selfish ball. This was close only because Minnesota threw out one of the least talented lineups you'll ever see on an NBA court.

JA has been super disappointing after his nice start. 5 rebounds today? WTF.

We REALLY need our guys back.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#212 » by NetsJets » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:13 am

Missed free throws cost us the game and the play where Dieng saved the ball to Culver was the turning point.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#213 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:34 am

Jesus christ. We just lost to a G league team. No Towns, no Wiggins and we still lose. We should be ashamed of ourselves and everybody deserves a slap. At this point, I would embrace the tank. This is disgusting effort. I'm not wasting my time watching this sad a$$ team anymore. Really lost to Napier and a bunch of scrub g leaguers making a bunch of 3s out of nowhere. Who the hell is the garbage Reed dude? Jordan Bell can all of a sudden shoot 3s. And this week ain't getting any easier. 7 game losing streak here we come. Temple shooting like sht. Prince is TRASH ! Dinwiddie MAKE YOUR DAMN FREE THROWS !!!!! How many fckn times do we have to tell you got damn ! And we had a huge boost from our bench. Carrabot and Chandler were draining 3s so thank for wasting their play because we aint getting that from them again. Sorry a$$ team bunch of idiots.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#214 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:39 am

GTR11 wrote:Yep this is the worst loss I can think off.

Really? we only had like 10 bad losses this season already. I'm ready to punt this season. Wake me up next year when KD is here.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#215 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:41 am

therealbig3 wrote:Dinwiddie is under 30% from 3 on the season.

You wouldn't know that just by watching him with all the pull up bombs from 3 he takes early in the clock.

I mean, I can't really be mad at the guy, because he's by far our best player right now, and he's the main reason we didn't completely implode when Kyrie and Caris got hurt, but damn, he's not really a smart player.

I think that's the most frustrating thing with this team right now. Full of dumb basketball players. Super annoying to watch. Even when we had Deron and Johnson and the corpses of Pierce and Garnett...at least they were all smart players. They made the right decisions for the most part. They knew how to manage the clock. They didn't consistently do the same dumb things over and over and over again. We couldn't keep up with a lot of teams because of how old and decrepit we were, but I rarely thought "I could make better decisions than these guys right now".

I think that all the time watching this team.

Prince is by far the dumbest out the bunch. I hate when he dribbles. Half the time it's automatic turnover or a weird looking shot. Bad trade we made there. Bring back DMC
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#216 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:45 am

Shark wrote:Kenny goes with the hot hand often when it comes to Allen-DJ and last season when it was Dinwiddie-D'Lo. Why not keep TLC in there for a bit longer over Temple or Prince? At this point Prince is doing everything he can to play himself out of the starting lineup. And if he's going to be falling asleep on the boards and turning the ball over you might as well play someone that is hungry for a full contract.

This has been Kenny's problem since he got here. He doesn't believe in the "hot hand". What kind of dumb sht is that? He sticks to his stoopid rotations and think he's doing everybody a favor. Bro if the guy is hot keep his a$$ in there and let him shoot ! it isn't rocket science. Some days guys are feeling it, that's how some random guys go off for 30 points or more, every year we see it. Corey Brewer had a 50 point game I mean what the hell. He needs to get out of that dumb thinking because it ain't getting anybody nowhere. He's literally being a c*ck blocker.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#217 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:27 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

you couldnt possibly be more wrong.

Kenny is as good as it gets when it comes to adjustments. some people forget we are missing our 3 best players and half our team is in a shooting slump. We lost a sparkplug defender in nwaba on a team that already lacked defense and shump gone too.

Like do you want him to go back to pinson and musa or something?

He left TLC in once he was hitting shots... TLC went missing, he went back with the starters. we built a 5 point lead with 1:40 to play....

it was kennys fault we watched an airball get corralled by thw wolves and put in for an and 1 with 4 nets standing there? its kennys fault dieng hits a 3 with a hand in his face at the end of regulation?

at some point, guys need to execute. if anything maybe put it on marks for not finding an interim backup PG for when spencer sits or not finding a way to keep shump or not bringing shump back after nwabas injury to get a hustle guy in there.

Kenny has tried 4 different options at backup point and is forced to have temple run the second unit... people want to hate on temple and prince but like giving extended minutes to TLC/Chandler doesnt solve anything. He is trying to work Kurucs back in but he still has a case of the yips.

People just cant handle losing and expect us to beat every bad team and when we dont they need a scapegoat. truth is with our injuries we are just a mediocure team. that means loses on the road and occasionally to bad teams
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#218 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:30 pm

MGrand15 wrote:This was probably one of the worst games of the Atkinson era. Just really low effort and selfish ball. This was close only because Minnesota threw out one of the least talented lineups you'll ever see on an NBA court.

JA has been super disappointing after his nice start. 5 rebounds today? WTF.

We REALLY need our guys back.

Allen was in foul trouble and teams are taking the lob away and daring spencer to beat us... they are realzing if you let spencer get his 30 points and lock everyone else down its hard for us to win.

we got TON of easy layups and open 3s and missed them. i dont think it was an effort thing
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#219 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Yep this is the worst loss I can think off.

Really? we only had like 10 bad losses this season already. I'm ready to punt this season. Wake me up next year when KD is here.

weak fandom... only happy when the team is winning. door is that way dude.

we are missing a ton of good players and are still overing at .500. thats awesome. any real fan would be proud
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#220 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:33 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Dinwiddie is under 30% from 3 on the season.

You wouldn't know that just by watching him with all the pull up bombs from 3 he takes early in the clock.

I mean, I can't really be mad at the guy, because he's by far our best player right now, and he's the main reason we didn't completely implode when Kyrie and Caris got hurt, but damn, he's not really a smart player.

I think that's the most frustrating thing with this team right now. Full of dumb basketball players. Super annoying to watch. Even when we had Deron and Johnson and the corpses of Pierce and Garnett...at least they were all smart players. They made the right decisions for the most part. They knew how to manage the clock. They didn't consistently do the same dumb things over and over and over again. We couldn't keep up with a lot of teams because of how old and decrepit we were, but I rarely thought "I could make better decisions than these guys right now".

I think that all the time watching this team.

Prince is by far the dumbest out the bunch. I hate when he dribbles. Half the time it's automatic turnover or a weird looking shot. Bad trade we made there. Bring back DMC

prince is a perfect fit for this team. he shouldnt be dribbling. he is forced to because all our ball handlers are hurt

Return to Brooklyn Nets