GT: Nets @ Timberwolves - Monday, 12/30/19 | 8:00pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Timberwolves - Monday, 12/30/19 | 8:00pm EST 

Post#221 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:34 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Shark wrote:Kenny goes with the hot hand often when it comes to Allen-DJ and last season when it was Dinwiddie-D'Lo. Why not keep TLC in there for a bit longer over Temple or Prince? At this point Prince is doing everything he can to play himself out of the starting lineup. And if he's going to be falling asleep on the boards and turning the ball over you might as well play someone that is hungry for a full contract.

This has been Kenny's problem since he got here. He doesn't believe in the "hot hand". What kind of dumb sht is that? He sticks to his stoopid rotations and think he's doing everybody a favor. Bro if the guy is hot keep his a$$ in there and let him shoot ! it isn't rocket science. Some days guys are feeling it, that's how some random guys go off for 30 points or more, every year we see it. Corey Brewer had a 50 point game I mean what the hell. He needs to get out of that dumb thinking because it ain't getting anybody nowhere. He's literally being a c*ck blocker.

he rides the hot hand all the time. ordan/allen, Dlo/Levert/spencer last year. He left TLC in when he hit shots
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#222 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Dinwiddie is under 30% from 3 on the season.

You wouldn't know that just by watching him with all the pull up bombs from 3 he takes early in the clock.

I mean, I can't really be mad at the guy, because he's by far our best player right now, and he's the main reason we didn't completely implode when Kyrie and Caris got hurt, but damn, he's not really a smart player.

I think that's the most frustrating thing with this team right now. Full of dumb basketball players. Super annoying to watch. Even when we had Deron and Johnson and the corpses of Pierce and Garnett...at least they were all smart players. They made the right decisions for the most part. They knew how to manage the clock. They didn't consistently do the same dumb things over and over and over again. We couldn't keep up with a lot of teams because of how old and decrepit we were, but I rarely thought "I could make better decisions than these guys right now".

I think that all the time watching this team.

Prince is by far the dumbest out the bunch. I hate when he dribbles. Half the time it's automatic turnover or a weird looking shot. Bad trade we made there. Bring back DMC

prince is a perfect fit for this team. he shouldnt be dribbling. he is forced to because all our ball handlers are hurt

This is ignoring the fact that Prince was routinely over dribbling and hogging the ball and making poor decisions when Kyrie and Levert were playing too.

I’d rather have Kurucs and would have rather kept Shumpert than play Prince at this point.
clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#223 » by clo12345 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Dinwiddie is under 30% from 3 on the season.

You wouldn't know that just by watching him with all the pull up bombs from 3 he takes early in the clock.

I mean, I can't really be mad at the guy, because he's by far our best player right now, and he's the main reason we didn't completely implode when Kyrie and Caris got hurt, but damn, he's not really a smart player.

I think that's the most frustrating thing with this team right now. Full of dumb basketball players. Super annoying to watch. Even when we had Deron and Johnson and the corpses of Pierce and Garnett...at least they were all smart players. They made the right decisions for the most part. They knew how to manage the clock. They didn't consistently do the same dumb things over and over and over again. We couldn't keep up with a lot of teams because of how old and decrepit we were, but I rarely thought "I could make better decisions than these guys right now".

I think that all the time watching this team.

Prince is by far the dumbest out the bunch. I hate when he dribbles. Half the time it's automatic turnover or a weird looking shot. Bad trade we made there. Bring back DMC

prince is a perfect fit for this team. he shouldnt be dribbling. he is forced to because all our ball handlers are hurt

Prince is hot trash. He's good for hitting open 3s and grabbing rebounds in front of him and that's it. He has a low BBIQ, no intangibles, streaky shooter and doesn't make up for it with his effort and playing good defense.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#224 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:40 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Prince is by far the dumbest out the bunch. I hate when he dribbles. Half the time it's automatic turnover or a weird looking shot. Bad trade we made there. Bring back DMC

This is ignoring the fact that Prince was routinely over dribbling and hogging the ball and making poor decisions when Kyrie and Levert were playing too.

I’d rather have Kurucs and would have rather kept Shumpert than play Prince at this point.

I dont think that is true... his usage is nearly double what it was pre-kyrie injury.

Shumpert is like that guy you are like "play him more" then you increase his role and its a crap who with 15 kobe fade away mid range shots.

Kurucs id love to get back to what he was last year. Prince is a plus once he is in his role. he also has alot of celing left
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#225 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:40 pm

clo12345 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Prince is by far the dumbest out the bunch. I hate when he dribbles. Half the time it's automatic turnover or a weird looking shot. Bad trade we made there. Bring back DMC

Prince is hot trash. He's good for hitting open 3s and grabbing rebounds in front of him and that's it. He has a low BBIQ, no intangibles, streaky shooter and doesn't make up for it with his effort and playing good defense.

htting open 3s is extremely valuable
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#226 » by MGrand15 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:This was probably one of the worst games of the Atkinson era. Just really low effort and selfish ball. This was close only because Minnesota threw out one of the least talented lineups you'll ever see on an NBA court.

JA has been super disappointing after his nice start. 5 rebounds today? WTF.

We REALLY need our guys back.

Allen was in foul trouble and teams are taking the lob away and daring spencer to beat us... they are realzing if you let spencer get his 30 points and lock everyone else down its hard for us to win.

we got TON of easy layups and open 3s and missed them. i dont think it was an effort thing

Taking the lob away shouldn't just completely neutralize him as a player. JA is talented enough to be more productive against Dieng and Naz Reid.

Kenny's post game definitely disagrees about this loss just being on missed shots. This was the first time in a long time I remember where you could see players frustrated at Dinwiddie for dribbling out the clock and taking contested shots. Prince 1000% was getting frustrated out there.

The ball just wasn't moving. No extra passes. No hustle plays. This wasn't Nets basketball.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#227 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:25 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:This was probably one of the worst games of the Atkinson era. Just really low effort and selfish ball. This was close only because Minnesota threw out one of the least talented lineups you'll ever see on an NBA court.

JA has been super disappointing after his nice start. 5 rebounds today? WTF.

We REALLY need our guys back.

Allen was in foul trouble and teams are taking the lob away and daring spencer to beat us... they are realzing if you let spencer get his 30 points and lock everyone else down its hard for us to win.

we got TON of easy layups and open 3s and missed them. i dont think it was an effort thing

Taking the lob away shouldn't just completely neutralize him as a player. JA is talented enough to be more productive against Dieng and Naz Reid.

Kenny's post game definitely disagrees about this loss just being on missed shots. This was the first time in a long time I remember where you could see players frustrated at Dinwiddie for dribbling out the clock and taking contested shots. Prince 1000% was getting frustrated out there.

The ball just wasn't moving. No extra passes. No hustle plays. This wasn't Nets basketball.

yeah i mean allen didnt really do anything as far as offensive rebounding... so i agree he could have done more. but the point was more that teams are taking away the lob and the harris threes and daring dinwiddie to drop 40 points in a win. i though we got tons of easy layups and blew most of them. the first 8 mionutes alone we should have been up a dozen points. i felt the entire time we'd eventually pull away when those fell but we kept blowing bunnies

on the rewatch we we were up 9 in the first half and missed 5 of our next 6 shots with 4 being open-ish layups and 2 contested layups.

maybe thats effort/focus related too, but i think we got all the shots we want to get, layups and open threes

i think we just lost our mojo. 3s arent falling and we are missing he easy layups that should be a given. these are those stretches you rely on kyrie or durant to shoulder you. dinwiddie has been great but he isnt that elite guy to drag you out of the mud over 82 games
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,788

Post#228 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Yep this is the worst loss I can think off.

Really? we only had like 10 bad losses this season already. I'm ready to punt this season. Wake me up next year when KD is here.

weak fandom... only happy when the team is winning. door is that way dude.

we are missing a ton of good players and are still overing at .500. thats awesome. any real fan would be proud

Yeah, there's a lot of crap being said in this thread that isn't worth responding to.

Dudes are getting mad at guys who are being asked to do more than they're capable of while missing two of our best players. Dinwiddie is literally dragging this team on his back and we're starting to hit the wall now. What did anyone expect?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#229 » by GTR11 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Really? we only had like 10 bad losses this season already. I'm ready to punt this season. Wake me up next year when KD is here.

we are missing a ton of good players and are still overing at .500. thats awesome. any real fan would be proud

Yeah, there's a lot of crap being said in this thread that isn't worth responding to.

Dudes are getting mad at guys who are being asked to do more than they're capable of while missing two of our best players. Dinwiddie is literally dragging this team on his back and we're starting to hit the wall now. What did anyone expect?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This team should not be this bad.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,788

Post#230 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 1, 2020 3:42 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Our starting backcourt hasn't played in nearly two months. The fact that we are even a .500 team at this point with ONE player that can create offense on his own is a miracle.

I have said repeatedly on here that what was happening was not sustainable and lo and behold, it's coming true. We need Irving and LeVert back badly. All those idiots from Boston who kept saying we are better without Kyrie didn't know what they were talking about. Our approach to this season was to have a three headed monster in the backcourt to hold the line while KD rehabs. having both Irving and LeVert out on TOP of Nwaba tearing his achilles?

I think we all need to check our expectations here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 1, 2020 5:09 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

of course they should... you had Musa, Pinson, and Shumpert taking tons of threes. those are 3 AWFUL shooters

you have pinson and temple as baclup PGs

you have NO ONE after spencer who can dribble and create offense

this team should have been this bad the second kyrie went down
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#232 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 1, 2020 5:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Our starting backcourt hasn't played in nearly two months. The fact that we are even a .500 team at this point with ONE player that can create offense on his own is a miracle.

I have said repeatedly on here that what was happening was not sustainable and lo and behold, it's coming true. We need Irving and LeVert back badly. All those idiots from Boston who kept saying we are better without Kyrie didn't know what they were talking about. Our approach to this season was to have a three headed monster in the backcourt to hold the line while KD rehabs. having both Irving and LeVert out on TOP of Nwaba tearing his achilles?

I think we all need to check our expectations here.

Pinson, Musa, Shumpert, Nwaba, Jordan

thats a lineup that was getting 20 minutes and 40 FGA a game at one point
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#233 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:35 pm

You have your own reputation among other boards to call anyone else out on. No warnings for anyone, let's move on. Let's leave it at that.

- Rich
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#234 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 11:39 pm

Our playmaking problems are like when a baseball team's 1st and 2nd starting pitchers are out injured. If you're lucky, your 3rd will look like an ace for a while, but there was always a reason he was a #3, and it will eventually out. It has a snowball effect on everyone, since Theo had to absorb much of Spencer's role, Garrett had to absorb much of Caris', Musa had to absorb much of Garrett's. Honestly, Joe and Taurean aren't playing a ton more than they otherwise would if Kyrie and LeVert were healthy. But they are answering the necessary call to create more of their own offense, which is beyond their ability but we have no better choices.

(BTW, this is not a potshot at Spence, he has willed this team to some wins before and since he took the reins ans the primary and darn-near sole playmaker. Without his ability to up-scale his production, we'd be 4-6 games under .500 right now.)

THAT SAID, I still think that Kenny has bungled some things. I'm allowed both opinions.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#235 » by clo12345 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 4:14 pm

I'm actually shocked our defense has been that good. If I recall alot of teams missed wide open shots. Or maybe our defense has really been that good.

Its a shame that we don't have many shot creators and more ball movement. We had better ball movement and chemistry last year on offense. Hopefully things turn around when everyones healthy.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#236 » by Lamak » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:45 pm

some good points in this thread and ill echo similar thoughts. alot of players have had to increase their roles because of the injuries. we already play an offensive style where you shoot the 3 whenever you feel and dinwiddie has a long leash. players are starting to seem frustrated with dinwiddie because he doesn't always make the right decision and has ball hog moments. other players are starting to go through the motions because of this. defensively we're not world beaters so we can't really take offensive possessions off
Brooklyn Nets

Return to Brooklyn Nets