ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Raptors 1/4/20 6PM EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Re: GT: Nets vs. Raptors 1/4/20 6PM EST 

Post#121 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:05 am

I didn't watch the game so IDK what play you guys are talking about, I just came here to say Lowry is one of the biggest floppers in the game and I always hated the way he plays and somebody needs to punch that little rat. And like NetsJets said, we don't have any tough guys on this squad, we need to look for 1 or 2 in the off season.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#122 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:28 am

Papi_swav wrote:I didn't watch the game so IDK what play you guys are talking about, I just came here to say Lowry is one of the biggest floppers in the game and I always hated the way he plays and somebody needs to punch that little rat. And like NetsJets said, we don't have any tough guys on this squad, we need to look for 1 or 2 in the off season.

The fking dog clamps J's arm (who's leaving his feet) in a rebounding situation to make it look like J was holding him (a 'savvy vet move'... NO a cheating C*NT move). He yanks down on his shoulder and pulls J back awkwardly in a manner that could easily cause injury (he was assessed a flagrant 1). Then he starts barking at J trying to egg him on to start a fight. On the very next play when J sets a perfectly legal screen Lowry elbows J square in the chest AND J GETS CALLED FOR THE OFFENSIVE FOUL! Fortunately Kenny challenged it and it was overturned... but everyone here was FKING LIVID and especially angry at the Nets' non reaction.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#123 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:45 am

LOUiS-D wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I didn't watch the game so IDK what play you guys are talking about, I just came here to say Lowry is one of the biggest floppers in the game and I always hated the way he plays and somebody needs to punch that little rat. And like NetsJets said, we don't have any tough guys on this squad, we need to look for 1 or 2 in the off season.

The fking dog clamps J's arm (who's leaving his feet) in a rebounding situation to make it look like J was holding him (a 'savvy vet move'... NO a cheating C*NT move). He yanks down on his shoulder and pulls J back awkwardly in a manner that could easily cause injury (he was assessed a flagrant 1). Then he starts barking at J trying to egg him on to start a fight. On the very next play when J sets a perfectly legal screen Lowry elbows J square in the chest AND J GETS CALLED FOR THE OFFENSIVE FOUL! Fortunately Kenny challenged it and it was overturned... but everyone here was FKING LIVID and especially angry at the Nets' non reaction.

It's sad how the league bullies Allen. The refs ALWAYS screw him. We need some tough guys here man, Dudley would of never allowed that. He would of came off the bench and spanked that lil rat with a smile on his face and happily would of took the 10 game suspension.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#124 » by NetsJets » Mon Jan 6, 2020 3:28 am

LOUiS-D wrote:

You’re leaving out the part where Allen got called for a technical for the screen.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#125 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 6, 2020 4:08 am

Oof, looks like the NYC rivalry suddenly has legs again.

I see the Knicks are now 6-6 in their last twelve, clearly playing on a whole 'nother level under Mike Miller. Four of those losses were also to beastly teams (Denver, MIA, MIL and the Clips).

Like it or not, they are pretty clearly the best team in the city right now, and we can probably expect increasingly levels of smaque from their fans.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#126 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 4:32 pm

gigantes wrote:Oof, looks like the NYC rivalry suddenly has legs again.

I see the Knicks are now 6-6 in their last twelve, clearly playing on a whole 'nother level under Mike Miller. Four of those losses were also to beastly teams (Denver, MIA, MIL and the Clips).

Like it or not, they are pretty clearly the best team in the city right now, and we can probably expect increasingly levels of smaque from their fans.

Yeah, they're a very talented squad, and now they have a coach that is a capable of tapping into that talent. I always though they were a 32- to 36-win team, but they were not on that trajectory under Fizdale. I still don't know that he was the long-term issue holding them back, so it was more of a short-term scapegoat move to fire him. But they along with MEM, SAC and a few other bottom feeders are fighting to survive now.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets