Post#1 » by BKSZN » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Re: Kyrie irving to return vs Hawks 

Post#2 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:15 pm

Huge news, and it obviously means that there has been great progress in the last few days (the last two practices we've monitored how his shoulder is responding). Hopefully no setbacks or hard falls on the shoulder going forward.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#3 » by MGrand15 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:28 am

The Nets are hilarious. No communication at all about Kyrie's injury for weeks. Then last week, they bring him out for a doom and gloom press conference. 3 days ago, he's practicing with the team and giddy. Now he's playing tomorrow. Craziness.

I'm pumped. Will be interesting to see what kind of minute limits they have on him + whether he starts or comes off the bench.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#4 » by NetsJets » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:33 am

Allen
Kurucs
Prince
Dinwiddie
Irving

Should be the starting lineup
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:21 am

NetsJets wrote:Allen
Kurucs
Prince
Dinwiddie
Irving

Joe Harris has to start. he puts too much pressure on a defense. you sit kurucs or prince. id assume kurucs sits but id be fine with either.

Kyrie | Dinwiddie | Harris | Prince | Allen

Levert | TLC | Temple | Kurucs | Jordan

team is all of a sudden stacked again.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#6 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:11 am

I would start Kurucs over Prince, but knowing Kenny, it'll be Prince. I would expect Kyrie-Dinwiddie-Harris-Prince-Allen as starting lineup. Temple and Chandler are questionable.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#7 » by NetsJets » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:17 am

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Allen
Kurucs
Prince
Dinwiddie
Irving

Joe Harris has to start. he puts too much pressure on a defense. you sit kurucs or prince. id assume kurucs sits but id be fine with either.

Kyrie | Dinwiddie | Harris | Prince | Allen

Levert | TLC | Temple | Kurucs | Jordan

team is all of a sudden stacked again.

I forgot about Harris.

Allen
Kurucs
Harris
Dinwiddie
Irving
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#8 » by BKSZN » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:17 am

This is just a stupid lineup in my head. Don’t take it seriously but

Kyrie
Harris
Prince
Kurocs
Allen

Spencer
Temple
Caris(he played some SF last year)
Chandler
Jordan
Kyrie controls the ball a lot so i like I idea of 2 ball handlers off the bench to provide kyrie rest. I don’t want Spencer to get frozen out with kyrie. Spencer and Levert together work a little better. I also like the idea of 2 shooters in Harris and prince who can finish at the rim around him around kyrie and lord help us if Rodi started mocking down 3s more consistently.

And I’m sorry but I hate prince at PF. He does well but I prefer him as his original position of SF.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#9 » by LOUiS-D » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 am

Guessing they're going to nurse Ky back into the rotation. I don't expect him to play more than 15 minutes. As to the reason why the Nets have seemed all cloak and daggers on this, I think it's because this is one of those injuries that's touch and go. Him playing now might even be temporary depending on how his shoulder responds to increased use. It's kind of like Kawhi's quad tendinopathy except we didn't have Tony Parker to throw Ky under the bus.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:21 pm

BKSZN wrote:This is just a stupid lineup in my head. Don’t take it seriously but

Kyrie
Harris
Prince
Kurocs
Allen

Spencer
Temple
Caris(he played some SF last year)
Chandler
Jordan
Kyrie controls the ball a lot so i like I idea of 2 ball handlers off the bench to provide kyrie rest. I don’t want Spencer to get frozen out with kyrie. Spencer and Levert together work a little better. I also like the idea of 2 shooters in Harris and prince who can finish at the rim around him around kyrie and lord help us if Rodi started mocking down 3s more consistently.

And I’m sorry but I hate prince at PF. He does well but I prefer him as his original position of SF.

We dont really play a PF (on offense) we have 2 small forwards who are mirrored. i dont mind the lineup though... surround kyrie with shooters and guys who excel off the ball then going dual ball handlers off the bench
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:22 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:Guessing they're going to nurse Ky back into the rotation. I don't expect him to play more than 15 minutes. As to the reason why the Nets have seemed all cloak and daggers on this, I think it's because this is one of those injuries that's touch and go. Him playing now might even be temporary depending on how his shoulder responds to increased use. It's kind of like Kawhi's quad tendinopathy except we didn't have Tony Parker to throw Ky under the bus.

i think the nets under marks are just tight lipped. i dont think this is unique, they rarely offer anything up
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#12 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Wow I thought he was going to wait until after we play the Saltics to come back. Surprised lol
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,000

Post#13 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Swervin
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#14 » by Claud » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:45 pm

I have no issues with Caris playing Dinwiddie's role off the bench and then finishing games similar to last season.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie/Harris/Kurucs/Allen would be my starters. Off the bench LeVert/Temple/Prince/Clax/DJ.

Super excited to have Kyrie back again. We lost steam as a team and with him and Caris coming back it's the perfect pick-me-up.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 175

Post#15 » by halfHAVOC » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:50 pm

I don't see the Nets benching Spencer at this point in the season, you got the all-star game coming up and he has a legit shot to become a reserve. Caris is still getting in the groove and since it's not like we're making a championship run - makes more sense to let him ease in and take Dinwiddie's role off the bench. Allows Dinwiddie to keep his hot stretch going.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#16 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:I don't see the Nets benching Spencer at this point in the season, you got the all-star game coming up and he has a legit shot to become a reserve. Caris is still getting in the groove and since it's not like we're making a championship run - makes more sense to let him ease in and take Dinwiddie's role off the bench. Allows Dinwiddie to keep his hot stretch going.
Agreed, it doesn't make sense to bench Dinwiddie. If anything, Nets should try to see if Kyrie & Dinwiddie can work out as a backcourt (limited evidence suggests that it can). Nets basically have an audition for the third star on the team, and Dinwiddie has done a great job in Kyrie's absence, so now you want to see if he can sustain that production with Kyrie back.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Kyrie irving to return vs Hawks 

Post#17 » by Paradise » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#18 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:31 pm

I don't think it makes sense to play Spencer and Kyrie together.

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

That would be my lineup.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#19 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't think it makes sense to play Spencer and Kyrie together.

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

That would be my lineup.

It makes all the sense in the world. Din is the better "point" guard and leader, Kyrie is the better scorer. Kyrie/Levert are both scorers. This is why Levert is so great as the 6th man and Din is so great as the starting point.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#20 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't think it makes sense to play Spencer and Kyrie together.

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

That would be my lineup.

It makes all the sense in the world. Din is the better "point" guard and leader, Kyrie is the better scorer. Kyrie/Levert are both scorers. This is why Levert is so great as the 6th man and Din is so great as the starting point.

Neither are good off ball.

Din is not a good "point guard" either. His decision making at the end of games is often terrible.

Return to Brooklyn Nets