Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Kyrie: We need one or two more pieces 

Post#141 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 am

kamaze wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
kamaze wrote:
The team won't get better with him throwing his teammates under the bus. You can't possinly think this helps chemistry. He's a douche.

Where did this happen?! :lol: Again, even if you take the first Bontemps quote, he mentions guys that have been here. In the interview in its entirety, he mentions that his teammates picked him up after a bad night for him.

He threw his teammates under the bus when he said names stop apologizing for him. This is how he acts after facing a better team? Throw your teammates under the bus? Jarret Allen played better than his punk ass. Pathetic.

these are the guys he named:

dinwiddie - said he had a great game
Allen - said he had a great game
harrs - said he was a great shooter who just needs to keep shooting and will turn it around
KD, Levert, Temple, Jordan - said they were key pieces of the future

which one of those guys he named did he criticize or throw under the bus?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#142 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:24 am

gigantes wrote:Btw, to me it just makes Nets fans look petty and obsessed when they drag Kidd's name through the mud in these situations. It's just so unnecessary, not to mention, only complicates things.

Now, I do have a more neutral position on Kidd than some some here do, which contributes to why I say that above. But even if I had a more negative view, I don't think the Kidd-bashing would still be a good look for the franchise and fans.

Meh. At some point I guess I could start a discussion thread addressing the list of reputational charges against the guy, but I'm not sure this is the right time, either. Nets fans are already divided enough at the moment IMO, and there's already enough current ammunition for outside trouble-makers to use.

there is no need to drag kidd through the mud. he does it himself. id have no issue if he was just an ahole. but domestic abuse and DUIs are a different animal
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#143 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 pm

So, as long as we're doing a referendum on Kyrie, there's also this story, i.e. the "Irving - Erving connection." Not sure if the convo in question got talked about earlier in the thread, but if so, I don't remember.

Right off the bat, this bit of fluff can probably be lightly dismissed, and I'm sure many will do so.

What I'm actually curious about here is if this kind of thing fits in to a pattern. I.e., we already know Kyrie can spout his share of ridiculous nonsense (in sincere fashion, of course). The question is-- is he doing that kind of thing and/or getting on teammates' nerves often enough to be a distraction? Ala a Dwight Howard, say?

This kind of thing would be a lot more concerning to me than the public statements, because it's something that actually matters in a basketball sense.

Anyway, given how little there is to know, I don't really have an opinion at this time. Just wanted to make an observation and a mental note, I guess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#144 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:23 pm

gigantes wrote:So, as long as we're doing a referendum on Kyrie, there's also this story, i.e. the "Irving - Erving connection." Not sure if the convo in question got talked about earlier in the thread, but if so, I don't remember.

Right off the bat, this bit of fluff can probably be lightly dismissed, and I'm sure many will do so.

What I'm actually curious about here is if this kind of thing fits in to a pattern. I.e., we already know Kyrie can spout his share of ridiculous nonsense (in sincere fashion, of course). The question is-- is he doing that kind of thing and/or getting on teammates' nerves often enough to be a distraction? Ala a Dwight Howard, say?

This kind of thing would be a lot more concerning to me than the public statements, because it's something that actually matters in a basketball sense.

Anyway, given how little there is to know, I don't really have an opinion at this time. Just wanted to make an observation and a mental note, I guess.

It sounds like he was just clowning around and talking **** tbh.

I know Kyrie's weird. I don't care about it as long as the weird stuff doesn't tear the team apart in some manner. In this case just based off that anecdote it just sounds like he was being silly with LeVert and Theo (and from what we have seen on the sidelines he has a great rapport with both).
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#145 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:So, as long as we're doing a referendum on Kyrie, there's also this story, i.e. the "Irving - Erving connection." Not sure if the convo in question got talked about earlier in the thread, but if so, I don't remember.

from what we have seen on the sidelines he has a great rapport with both

Yeah, that's been the strongest evidence of all in terms of rapport and good feelings.

I haven't spent too much time around here, but I'll confess, I'm sort of borne to worry. :P
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,822

Post#146 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm

I used my off day and took my niece, nephew, several godchildren, and their friends to the park to do Pokémon Go in the park in the cold today and had a pizza party for all of them. I didn't realize when I was done with them, I'd arrive to the forum for more children here.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,822

Post#147 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Thread cleaned, multiple PMs sent.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#148 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:53 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Not a smart move for Kyrie just because of his reputation. This will get overblown.

I don't know why he said it. Hopefully he'll realize his mistake.
He said it because this is how he is. This is EXACTLY how he was in Boston. Talented basketball player. He's going to have an early retirement and will probably find another "career" that he finds more wholesome. He throws teammates under the bus. Heed my warning. Do NOT give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#149 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:12 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Not a smart move for Kyrie just because of his reputation. This will get overblown.

He said it because this is how he is. This is EXACTLY how he was in Boston. Talented basketball player. He's going to have an early retirement and will probably find another "career" that he finds more wholesome. He throws teammates under the bus. Heed my warning. Do NOT give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

Remember when LeBron James threw his teammates under the bus and said his team was top heavy as ****?

Those comments were far worse and they still made the Finals.

Its a stupid argument. Kyrie has already proved he can be a part of a winning team.

Nobody cares about annoying Saltics fans and your opinion. Stay off our board.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#150 » by kamaze » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:19 am

Jaqua92 wrote:

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#151 » by Lamak » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:22 am

I'm a huge Kyrie fan but definitely think we're having huge chemistry issues internally
Brooklyn Nets
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

he has done nothing but praise his teammates. he threw no one under the bus. this isnt that cesspool in boston. he wants to be here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#153 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

Except that he didn't throw anyone under the bus with his comments.

I find it unbelievable how people continue to push this outright lie when there is video evidence. Are you guys crazy or something?

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Kyrie: We need one or two more pieces  

Post#154 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

1. Everything he said about the team needing more was true. We’re not looking to win a series. We’re looking to go toe to toe with Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Lakers and Clippers. Yet, we can barely beat up on a Sixers playoff divisional rival with or without Kyrie. He wasn’t wrong. It’s just the harsh truth.

2. Nobody cares about what he did in Boston. Everyone knows it’s championship or bust there because it’s a non-desirable place for some black athletes to live comfortably. Those are the facts. He didn’t want to be there as a player or as a citizen.

3. He never threw anyone under the bus on the the team and he is the biggest supports in Jarrett Allen, Nic Claxton, etc.

What he said was no different to Kobe motivating teammates, Phil Jackson motivating Kobe, LeBron motivating more from teammates or JJ Redick who has went on the record to call his millennial teammates out for being “soft” and focusing on fashion and social media than prepping for games.

Its also embarrassing guys like Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum and others have went on the record to say it wasn’t his fault. They all were at fault for that season.

Yet, the Celtics still haven’t done anything without him but get bitch slapped by LeBron every single time. What does that say about the Celtics benefit of the doubt?

Let’s see where the Celtics fans rank in predictions associated with the Nets:

- You all were dead wrong about our ability to have a future while simultaneously giving up lotto picks. We were the “Farm Team”, right?

- You all were dead wrong on our ability to turn Brook Lopez into an asset. We were supposed to be bad until 2024, right?

- You all were dead wrong on your assessment on D’Lo. I remember that Russell was going to be a bust, a malcontent and will help us lose games.

- You all were dead wrong on your assessment that we couldn’t sign Kyrie and he would never ever leave for the “nyets” and a “second rate franchise”.

Hey, I remember when you guys sent Tom Brady to recruit Kevin Durant to Boston in the summer of 2016. How did that go? So, please keep those predictions and warnings coming. It’s working very well for us.

Thanks, lucky charms fans.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#155 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 am

Paradise wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:

1. Everything he said about the team needing more was true. We’re not looking to win a series. We’re looking to go toe to toe with Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Lakers and Clippers. Yet, we can barely beat up on a Sixers playoff divisional rival with or without Kyrie. He wasn’t wrong. It’s just the harsh truth.

2. Nobody cares about what he did in Boston. Everyone knows it’s championship or bust there because it’s a non-desirable place for some black athletes to live comfortably. Those are the facts. He didn’t want to be there as a player or as a citizen.

3. He never threw anyone under the bus on the the team and he is the biggest supports in Jarrett Allen, Nic Claxton, etc.

What he said was no different to Kobe motivating teammates, Phil Jackson motivating Kobe, LeBron motivating more from teammates or JJ Redick who has went on the record to call his millennial teammates out for being “soft” and focusing on fashion and social media than prepping for games.

Its also embarrassing guys like Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum and others have went on the record to say it wasn’t his fault. They all were at fault for that season.

Yet, the Celtics still haven’t done anything without him but get bitch slapped by LeBron every single time. What does that say about the Celtics benefit of the doubt?

- You all were dead wrong about our ability to have a future while simultaneously giving up lotto picks. We were the “Farm Team”, right?

- You all were dead wrong on our ability to turn Brook Lopez into an asset. We were supposed to be bad until 2024, right?

- You all were dead wrong on your assessment on D’Lo. I remember that Russell was going to be a bust, a malcontent and will help us lose games.

- You all were dead wrong on your assessment that we couldn’t sign Kyrie and he would never ever leave for the “nyets” and a “second rate franchise”.

Hey, I remember when you guys sent Tom Brady to recruit Kevin Durant to Boston in the summer of 2016. How did that go? So, please keep those predictions and warnings coming. It’s working very well for us.

What are you talking about? Assessment? What? I made no assessment and have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea about any sort of beef your fanbase has had with our fanbase on real gm.
I'm talking about Kyrie and his difficulties with addressing the media. Didn't even bother reading the rest of whatever that post was. This was not an Ill intended post at all. Just saying this is nothing new with Kyrie. Nothing to read into. Don't take offense, there wasn't any intended.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#156 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:He said it because this is how he is. This is EXACTLY how he was in Boston. Talented basketball player. He's going to have an early retirement and will probably find another "career" that he finds more wholesome. He throws teammates under the bus. Heed my warning. Do NOT give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

What are you talking about? Assessment? What? I made no assessment and have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea about any sort of beef your fanbase has had with our fanbase on real gm.
I'm talking about Kyrie and his difficulties with addressing the media. Didn't even bother reading the rest of whatever that post was. This was not an Ill intended post at all. Just saying this is nothing new with Kyrie. Nothing to read into. Don't take offense, there wasn't any intended.

You asserted that he threw his Nets teammates under the bus. We have video evidence that proves your claim to be false.

Everyone who comes here gets a clean slate. We heard awful things about D'Angelo Russell before he got here and he became a beloved figure to this franchise. Kyrie is getting that same treatment and so far he has done nothing to deserve the slander that he's received.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#157 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 am

Can this thread be the de-facto hypothetical trade thread? I don't know if it's just frustration from watch bad loss after bad loss pile up but I really feel this team won't get anywhere without making some moves.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#158 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 am

So......when are we going to acknowledge that he was right?
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#159 » by Shark » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:38 am

We're totally title contenders if games only lasted 3 quarters. Even then that's stretching it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#160 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 am

Paradise wrote:So......when are we going to acknowledge that he was right?

When will the pundits who threw a fit realize that he was right?

This roster is an embarrassment

Return to Brooklyn Nets