Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Kyrie: We need one or two more pieces 

Post#181 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:16 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:See here is your problem. You assume Joe and Din coming back. It's business, nothing is guaranteed here. If they take money or want bigger role they both gone.
Beal is much, I mean much better player than Din or LeVert for different reasons. If opportunity comes around you do that deal period. It's easier to find role players than Beal's and that's why teams overpay most of the time.

-Dinwiddie is under contract. His opt out isnt until the following season
-We have Harris bird rights, we can pay him whatever he needs and he wants to be here

There is only 1 ball, you get diminishing returns when you add too many ball dominant scorers. Which is why your 3rd star needs to provide value elsewhere. Bosh was an elite defender and rebounder. Love was an elite rebounder and better off ball than beal. Klay was an all-nba defender and better off ball.

Your likely getting more from the combo of dinwiddie/levert/harris/prince then you would from beal

We also over the cap tax paying team from next year. I get the fact we going to pay some but as I said it takes two to tango. I think Joe will be easier to keep but Din is type of player who will explore every opportunity.
Like who?

Dinwiddie would need to force a trade to get out. i dont see it
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,772

Post#182 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
-We have Harris bird rights, we can pay him whatever he needs and he wants to be here

There is only 1 ball, you get diminishing returns when you add too many ball dominant scorers. Which is why your 3rd star needs to provide value elsewhere. Bosh was an elite defender and rebounder. Love was an elite rebounder and better off ball than beal. Klay was an all-nba defender and better off ball.

Your likely getting more from the combo of dinwiddie/levert/harris/prince then you would from beal

We also over the cap tax paying team from next year. I get the fact we going to pay some but as I said it takes two to tango. I think Joe will be easier to keep but Din is type of player who will explore every opportunity.
Like who?

Dinwiddie should be retained at any cost, we can't afford to not have good PG play next season and Kyrie's availability is always a question.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#183 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Like who?

Din don't have to do anything. He can play his contact out and explore his options ( which would be smart thing to do ) that he'll have. We got his BR and can spend for sure. However like he said on the " Jump " he knows his value. Will he want he's role to be expended? Sure will.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#184 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:23 pm

kamaze wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:The team needs to bring in tough defensive players I'm not sold on Beal being both of those things. Personally for a perimeter player I'd prefer them bring in a guy like Mathyse Thybulle someone who can impact the game with his defense.
We lost that when that player went down and they waived Shumpert.

Beal's also coming from a losing organization I'd pass on him.

Kevin Love came from losing org how did that worked out. If Beal can be had you pull that trade 99 out of 100 times if your Nets.
Thybulle on a rookie contact and Philly don't have much depth wise. He ain't going nowhere.
Shump washed up and Nwaba hurt. Marks didn't make any moves should tell you something.

Love stretched the floor for Cleveland but they've been trying to trade him since Lebron left but nobody will bite. Beal is on one of the worst defensive teams and doesn't fit the team's need for a power forward.

Neither Thybulle or Shump. Beal is an all star that don't miss games. Team defense is what we playing here, we top ten in case you didn't know.
With PF position downsized/ing Prince is good enough right now. KD one's back provide size and everything else.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#185 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:We also over the cap tax paying team from next year. I get the fact we going to pay some but as I said it takes two to tango. I think Joe will be easier to keep but Din is type of player who will explore every opportunity.
Like who?

Dinwiddie should be retained at any cost, we can't afford to not have good PG play next season and Kyrie's availability is always a question.

We going to pay max to Din, we ain't got no other options. Him having his girl from BK is our biggest advantage :P . I'm just pushing Prok to come up with something :lol: it's kind of boring without bball or NFL draft reports.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#186 » by kamaze » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:32 am

GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Kevin Love came from losing org how did that worked out. If Beal can be had you pull that trade 99 out of 100 times if your Nets.
Thybulle on a rookie contact and Philly don't have much depth wise. He ain't going nowhere.
Shump washed up and Nwaba hurt. Marks didn't make any moves should tell you something.

Love stretched the floor for Cleveland but they've been trying to trade him since Lebron left but nobody will bite. Beal is on one of the worst defensive teams and doesn't fit the team's need for a power forward.

Neither Thybulle or Shump. Beal is an all star that don't miss games. Team defense is what we playing here, we top ten in case you didn't know.
With PF position downsized/ing Prince is good enough right now. KD one's back provide size and everything else.

Why would you want a player who injured Kyrie anyway?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets