clo12345
Freshman
And1: 19

Re: doom and gloom, no playoffs, bury this team... yada nonsense 

Post#41 » by clo12345 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 am

7footMONSTER wrote:
clo12345 wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
FVV, Ibaka, and Gasol are all free agents this year.
Lowry is 33 and becomes a free agent next year.

We don’t know what the Raptors will look like during our championship run when KD comes back.

I agree the Raptors are good at developing players, but it’s not easy to replace Lowry, FVV, Gasol, and Ibaka. They are also not a free agent destination so I’m not sure how you can say they are in the best position if we’re talking about the next 3-4 years.

All those guys are still top notch. Lowry is playing like an All star and theyre all proven. Their young guys are improving at the good rate too. Even if they resign all those guys they'll be very good.

Outside of the players we talked about, their young guys are OG, Patrick McCaw, and Stanley Johnson. These guys are proven to you?

Even Chris Boucher is a free agent this year.

OG and Normal Powell have been top 70 players this year. I never said the others are proven but thats besides the point. They still have more proven players than us
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#42 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:The only team we MIGHT have a slight chance to beat in 7 games are the HEAT but I still think we lose that. Everybody else will spank us. Celtics, Raps and Philly would lay the smackdown. And we always get thrashed by the Pacers. I won't even mention the Bucks.

The celtics will be a 5 seed maybe 6 so we would never face them. Probably not Philly either but we have played them tought id take my chances we match up well. Toronto is tough, but again we play them tought and lowry historically has been poor in the playoffs We would certainly have a decent shot vs any of those with kyrie.

We made the playoffs last year, how much weight did that hold?

A ton considering it was a huge part of attracting Kyrie and Durant

Everybody regressed this season besides maybe Allen and Din. I rather fall short of the playoffs and keep our own pick along with having Philly's pick. We could trades those 2 picks to move up, or just simply draft 2 guys, or use those picks in a package along with Prince and whoever else for another piece that fits. Much rather that scenario then getting swept in the 1st round.

"everyone regressed besides dinwiddie and allen" lol who does that leave? Pinson? Levert has been injured and Rodi has had his legal distractions. both should return to what they were last year with consistent minutes with 20-30 games under their belts. rodi is starting to look alot like his old self.

Bro 18-25, we suck ! Even with Kyrie here, we're still getting spanked. I know , yea they're coming back from injury blah blah... these next 7 games will be telling. I know there is room for improvement but this has proved we don't even come close to good to elite teams this season. We are mediocre at BEST this season.

18-25 = irrelevant. only a complete moron would ignore missing their 2 best players for 90% of the year. and you arent a complete moron so you should stop being emotional and take a step back and look at the reality of the situation.

you are basically demanding the nets be a 6th or 7th seed type team playing pinson and musa in place of kyrie and levert and then demading that the seocnd kyrie and levert are back that they have enormous instant impact depsite not playing for 2 months.

I don't understand why u act like u can see the future, are u a time traveler ? The celtics are a half game back of the 2nd seed. A win and a HEAT lose will put them in 2nd place. Stop acting like the Celtics is some trash team, I know u hate them and so do I but be real with yourself. We are not beating them, Raps or Philly with a 150% healthy Kyrie. Unless they suffer some injury to a key player or 2, we will win 2 games if that.

We was like 2 games from being kicked out the playoffs, I don't think making the playoffs was huge part of attracting KD and Kyrie. Even if we just missed the playoffs, we proved that we improved a whole lot and we showed how great the culture is, that's the reason. And I think Kyrie was dead set on coming here while he was still in Boston even without KD.

Yes that leaves Levert, Prince, Rodi, and Harris. Yea Prince wasn't here last year but he still didn't improve anything so he still counts. The players that regressed out weighs the players that progressed. And I barely put Din in there because he's kind of the same player as last year, just with more minutes and more ball handling.

So you're calling me half a moron? lol it's so funny how this guy Rich Rane let's u off the hook so easy. God forbid if I was to say something similar to that. I wish he hadn't delete my last comment on you, I gave it to u hard lmaooo.

I'm not demanding anything but a better effort. And we can all see the effort ain't there. We don't put up any fight on defense. We let the other teams scrubs or star player go off on us, EVERY NIGHT. We meltdown in the 4th majority of the time. How many heart breaking losses have we had this year? like 10?? Sooo many games we should of won but we couldn't pull it off for whatever reason. Whether it was missed free throws, bad turnovers, letting guys score on us, bad fouls etc etc.. u name. We FIND ways to lose games. Levert has been back a solid amount of games already. We should not be 19-25 , we should be 25-19. Siakam is the Raps best player and they still stood afloat. Embiid has been gone for a few weeks and Sixers are still winning games.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,768

Post#43 » by Karate Diop » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:26 pm

The record will probably be back to .500 after the next 6 games... But unless something clicks with the defense this will be the Nets MO all season...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using RealGM mobile app
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 pm

Papi_swav wrote: I wish he hadn't delete my last comment on you, I gave it to u hard lmaooo.

Yes its too bad, how would i ever recover from and internet tough guy "ive it to me hard"
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#45 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 pm

Karate Diop wrote:The record will probably be back to .500 after the next 6 games... But unless something clicks with the defense this will be the Nets MO all season...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using RealGM mobile app

Defense is alot about farmiliarity and chemistry...and thats hard to build with so many injuries. last year we got better as the year went on and we had time togehter. we play alot of zone too, where that even mroe important. we will never be a good defensive team with levert. harris, and prince playing big minutes. but we can be good enough to beat anyone but milwaulee if we stay healthy and gel on that end
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#46 » by Claud » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Glad Kenny realized our rotations were all wacky when Ky and Widdie started together.

That's one of the things that irks me about Kenny, he takes ages to realize the obvious adjustments.

Now I wonder how long it will take him to realize Claxton should start at PF next to the Fro?

Obviously we must wait until DJ is healthy but Prince is a 0 on defense and Clax/Fro could be fun twin-tower.

Kyrie/LeVert/Harris/Claxton/Allen
Dinwiddie/Temple/Prince/Chandler Or Rodi/DJ

That should be the rotation from what we've seen this year.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#47 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Claud wrote:Glad Kenny realized our rotations were all wacky when Ky and Widdie started together.

That's one of the things that irks me about Kenny, he takes ages to realize the obvious adjustments.

Now I wonder how long it will take him to realize Claxton should start at PF next to the Fro?

Never. because 1) we dont have a PF position and 2) prince is 10 times better than claxton as a F. you think prince is inconsistent and his shooting is an issue? ask claxton to start and give you 30 minutes a game and 6+ 3PA per night

Obviously we must wait until DJ is healthy but Prince is a 0 on defense and Clax/Fro could be fun twin-tower.

might have worked in 1986

AWFUL spacing with 3 non-shooters
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#48 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:08 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote: I wish he hadn't delete my last comment on you, I gave it to u hard lmaooo.

Yes its too bad, how would i ever recover from and internet tough guy "ive it to me hard"

You're the internet tough guy, not me buddy. YOu the stubborn one that never admit when you're wrong when I proved you wrong so many times .I'm not the one resulting into name calling you "internet tough guy". Good thing you didn't read it because it would of hurt your feelings and u would of hated me forever.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#49 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:22 pm

It's fine to disagree y'all. I choose to be optimistic because it's a nicer way to live and you see opportunities and upsides that you might otherwise miss.

We went through similar funks last year. Injuries, lineup mix and matching, a contingent of fans pushing for Kenny to be fired on social media. Consistency requires continuity. I think we'll get there primarily because the organisation has a track record of player development and taking care of their players. Sometimes that takes a while to bear fruit. No one knows whether that means a championship, but it's gonna be as close as we've been in a while and as close as we'll get for a while. May as well enjoy it.

I still love watching the team even when they're frustrating. I like these players. I haven't missed a game this season.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Let's toss the Knick game out, for obvious reasons. We have got to win 6 out these next 7 games imo to stay afloat. The situation isn't looking good, Caris LeVert has been horrible and it's killing the team.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#51 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You're the internet tough guy, not me buddy.

you literally just said you gave it to me hard on the internet. you are ajoke
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#52 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Let's toss the Knick game out, for obvious reasons. We have got to win 6 out these next 7 games imo to stay afloat. The situation isn't looking good, Caris LeVert has been horrible and it's killing the team.

Yeah. i think being patient with him was a good idea. esepcially after the long lay off. the problem is its not like its just waiting for his shot to fall or waiting for him to start scoing at the rim and everything else is ok. he plays terrible defense and turns it over. so while we are waiting for the scoring you are also dealing with that.

id take a 0 on offense like shumpert who defends in those minutes right now. or kurucs who at least provides energy
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#53 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You're the internet tough guy, not me buddy.

you literally just said you gave it to me hard on the internet. you are ajoke

When u quote me make sure you quote the WHOLE thing and not a piece.

"YOu the stubborn one that never admit when you're wrong when I proved you wrong so many times .I'm not the one resulting into name calling you "internet tough guy". Good thing you didn't read it because it would of hurt your feelings and u would of hated me forever."

Like I said, I don't be calling u out your name, that's what females do, and "internet tough guys". You know deep down I proved you wrong way too many times which is why u left that part out. Let's ask the General Board who's the joke here, everybody here laughs at you and the psychotic statements u make. You're famous in RealGM for all the wrong reasons. Even you're own fan mates can't stand you lol if everybody doesn't like you, everybody ain't the problem bro, look in the mirror.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#54 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
"YOu the stubborn one that never admit when you're wrong when I proved you wrong so many times

I admit when im wrong all the time:

Dlo, Bogs, Plumlee, whitehead, Lionel Hollins ...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#55 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Let's toss the Knick game out, for obvious reasons. We have got to win 6 out these next 7 games imo to stay afloat. The situation isn't looking good, Caris LeVert has been horrible and it's killing the team.

Yeah. i think being patient with him was a good idea. esepcially after the long lay off. the problem is its not like its just waiting for his shot to fall or waiting for him to start scoing at the rim and everything else is ok. he plays terrible defense and turns it over. so while we are waiting for the scoring you are also dealing with that.

id take a 0 on offense like shumpert who defends in those minutes right now. or kurucs who at least provides energy

Watching him play yesterday was brutal. the guy can't get to the rim like he could before and his shot is off. He has to be a negative in on/off numbers.

I know it doesn't matter because we were going to be over the cap regardless but I'm glad Marks got him to take significantly less money than his peers because he is not performing anywhere near to expectations.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#56 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:46 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Watching him play yesterday was brutal. the guy can't get to the rim like he could before and his shot is off. He has to be a negative in on/off numbers.

I know it doesn't matter because we were going to be over the cap regardless but I'm glad Marks got him to take significantly less money than his peers because he is not performing anywhere near to expectations.

i dont think the issue is getting to the rim, it is finishing at the rim
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#57 » by Claud » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:Glad Kenny realized our rotations were all wacky when Ky and Widdie started together.

Never. because 1) we dont have a PF position and 2) prince is 10 times better than claxton as a F. you think prince is inconsistent and his shooting is an issue? ask claxton to start and give you 30 minutes a game and 6+ 3PA per night

might have worked in 1986

AWFUL spacing with 3 non-shooters

Respectufully disagree.

Clax has the tools needed to be a PF.

He has some handles, good IQ and activity, good looking jumper, makes a difference on D, etc.

Prince give you nothing except a streaky 3pt shooter. He gets killed on D on a nightly basis and commits dumb play after dumb play. You aren't winning anything with him playing heavy minute as of today. He is much better suited coming off the bench as SF and Chandler playing backup 4 to Clax IMO.

Clax brings much more to the table and even though he's very green might as well start giving him minutes since it's a gap year.

I know it's 2020, but Clax has a jumper and can play in the perimeter if need be. Prince isn't 10 times better than Clax as PF ... I guess we'll find out soon.

About the other point...Kyrie and Harris are knock down shooters, Caris gives you similar % as prince around mid 30s... Clax has bad #s but hasn't played much and it's a very small sample. Has good form.

All I'm saying is that I'm curious how long it will take Kenny to make the adjusment.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#58 » by kamaze » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:48 am

! I dn't realize Prince was shooting 38%!
I figured he was in the 40s. Now I see why fans don't like him.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#59 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Claud wrote:
Respectufully disagree.

Clax has the tools needed to be a PF.

I don't disagree. the problem is we dont use a PF in our offense

He has some handles, good IQ and activity, good looking jumper, makes a difference on D, etc.

I dont think he has the shot to warrant playing next to allen or jordan. He shot 28% from three on 2 attemps per game from the college line, with most of those uncontested. I think for a center, he has a decent shot. as a F he would need to space the floor and i dont think he is doing that at this point in his career from the pro line. If he works on it maybe in a couple years?

Prince give you nothing except a streaky 3pt shooter. He gets killed on D on a nightly basis and commits dumb play after dumb play. You aren't winning anything with him playing heavy minute as of today. He is much better suited coming off the bench as SF and Chandler playing backup 4 to Clax IMO.

"streaky 3 point shooter" is the most important thing markison looks for on the wing. For as bad as everyone makes it out to be, prince is shooting 36% from three. He is a much better player than chandler. And he is a much better F than claxton. His defense hasnt been nearly as bad as you make it out... its not like he is levert or harris out there, he has been at least avg defensively.

We dont have a 3 and 4. we just have wings. we dont play a PF. our court is mirrored offensively. 2 ball handlers, 2 wings. sometimes 3 wings. never 2 bigs.

Clax brings much more to the table and even though he's very green might as well start giving him minutes since it's a gap year.

I disagree... i think this is the classic grass is greener/backup QB is always the most popular in town situation. in small samples with no expectations Claxton looks great, you start giving him 25-30 minutes a night and all of a sudden his flaws and short comiongs are more apperant. like when kyrie and spencer run into walls because they dont respect claxton from three and he throws up brick after brick like musa did.

I know it's 2020, but Clax has a jumper and can play in the perimeter if need be. Prince isn't 10 times better than Clax as PF ... I guess we'll find out soon.

There is no PF spot.

There is no evidence claxton has a reliable jumper... let alone 36-38% from three like prince

About the other point...Kyrie and Harris are knock down shooters, Caris gives you similar % as prince around mid 30s... Clax has bad #s but hasn't played much and it's a very small sample. Has good form.

Kyrie usually has the ball in his hands, so he isnt spacing the floor, he is the guy you want to space the floor for. Caris is not a good three point shooter. 33% for his career and 34.5% this year. Prince is shootign 35.7% on 3 more attempts per game and alot of that is being forced to shoot while kyrie and levert were out. With Kyrie in the lineup prince is shooting 39.8% from three on 5.8 attempts.

All I'm saying is that I'm curious how long it will take Kenny to make the adjusment.

it will never happen unless kenny and marks are fired. They might change their system if there was an elite PF here like Sabonis or Zion. They arent going to change their entire offensive philsiphy for nic claxton... especially when they have 2 guys who fit their vision of a 4 perfectly (Prince and temple) and have KD to play that spot next season.

Kenny has made tons of adjustments. most recently replacing spencer with temple and putting 3 floor spacers around kyrie. he tried levert and kyrie, spencer and kyrie. he started jordan for a while. he has begun mixing rodi into the rotation. he has flipped from musa to TLC when musa struggled. He gave heavy minutes to nwaba and shump once D really became an issue. Kenny has been anything but rigid.

People wanting marks and kenny to change their entire offense to get a second big in the lineup are not being realistic. they make plenty of changes. just not the ones fans here want
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#60 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:27 pm

kamaze wrote:! I dn't realize Prince was shooting 38%!
I figured he was in the 40s. Now I see why fans don't like him.

He is shooting 39.8% from three when Kyrie plays. His lower 3PT percentage this year is due to an increase in threes off the dribble and heavily contested threes. he was forced to create more offense with Levert and Kyrie out. He should finish the year around 40% again.

But, i mean you didnt come here to discuss it, just to troll.

Return to Brooklyn Nets