RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: GT: Nets @ Wizards - Saturday, 02/01/20 | 8:00pm EST 

Post#201 » by DarkXaero » Sun Feb 2, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
What are you talking about?

I was at the game bro. I saw him in person make stupid decisions to blow a 7 point lead and lose us the game.

Sorry I'm not a Dinwiddie fan boy like you.
Being at the game doesn't change how it appeared on TV, we both watched the same game. The team collectively failed and couldn't make a FG in the last 5 mins of the game. Dinwiddie was also our best player through 3 quarters.

This is not about being a fanboy, which I'm not, it is an observation. Considering Dinwiddie a part of a "huge disappointment" this year sounds like an agenda to me.

Dinwiddie is not helping us win games. Thats a fact.

He had a nice stretch and now has consistently lead us to 4th Q failures. Thats been happening, whether you want to admit it or not.

Earlier in the season it seemed like Dinwiddie was a lock for an All Star spot and was leading us to a .500 record.

What hes become at this point is a disappointment. Has nothing to do with an agenda.
This is absolutely **** ridiculous :lol: :lol:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#202 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 9:51 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Dinwiddie is not helping us win games. Thats a fact.

It may sound like I'm parsing words, but I'm going to disagree with you completely, due to a very slight distinction.

Rather than say he's not helping us win games (patently false), the proper perspective is that with him as the lead dog, we still can't win games. Any metric will tell you that he is helping us, but it's not enough because this team is so dysfunctional. Not many stars could salvage such a dreadful defensive supporting cast, especially since we've been in a long shooting slump since December.

You conveniently forget that Spencer was making tons of WTF plays when he was on his hot streak. That's the nature of his game, you take the bone-headed plays because he lives on that edge to make great plays as well. The difference between then and now is partly that he's cooled off, but more than anything is the absence of quality defensive players, specifically Nwaba. We weathered injuries to other guys, but he was the last vestige of elite defense on this squad, he covered a ton of ills. He had just started to emerge, and we miss him terribly. Don't blame Dinwiddie for us losing, he's the least of our concerns, warts and all.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#203 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:04 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Being at the game doesn't change how it appeared on TV, we both watched the same game. The team collectively failed and couldn't make a FG in the last 5 mins of the game. Dinwiddie was also our best player through 3 quarters.

This is not about being a fanboy, which I'm not, it is an observation. Considering Dinwiddie a part of a "huge disappointment" this year sounds like an agenda to me.

He had a nice stretch and now has consistently lead us to 4th Q failures. Thats been happening, whether you want to admit it or not.

Earlier in the season it seemed like Dinwiddie was a lock for an All Star spot and was leading us to a .500 record.

What hes become at this point is a disappointment. Has nothing to do with an agenda.

Fanboys gonna fanboy.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#204 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:07 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

It may sound like I'm parsing words, but I'm going to disagree with you completely, due to a very slight distinction.

Rather than say he's not helping us win games (patently false), the proper perspective is that with him as the lead dog, we still can't win games. Any metric will tell you that he is helping us, but it's not enough because this team is so dysfunctional. Not many stars could salvage such a dreadful defensive supporting cast, especially since we've been in a long shooting slump since December.

You conveniently forget that Spencer was making tons of WTF plays when he was on his hot streak. That's the nature of his game, you take the bone-headed plays because he lives on that edge to make great plays as well. The difference between then and now is partly that he's cooled off, but more than anything is the absence of quality defensive players, specifically Nwaba. We weathered injuries to other guys, but he was the last vestige of elite defense on this squad, he covered a ton of ills. He had just started to emerge, and we miss him terribly. Don't blame Dinwiddie for us losing, he's the least of our concerns, warts and all.

I don't know why its so crazy to expect someone who thinks he an All Star to keep us at .500 in the East.

I can think of at least 10 games this season where we had the lead in the 4th Q and Dinwiddie has been at the helm of a collapse.

Its not just defense. Its his decision making in the 4th Q and end of games. Taking bad shots and not creating offense at the right times.

He had an amazing stretch a few months ago. And since then its been pretty bad.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#205 » by DarkXaero » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:25 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Fanboys gonna fanboy.
Thanks for proving my point about your agenda. And I guess we're all Dinwiddie fanboys here, because no one else here is going to agree with you on this.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#206 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:52 am

Dinwiddie is a huge reason why we're still even in the playoff race. The idea that Dinwiddie doesn't help us win is completely false.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#207 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:24 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:This is absolutely **** ridiculous :lol: :lol:

Fanboys gonna fanboy.
Thanks for proving my point about your agenda. And I guess we're all Dinwiddie fanboys here, because no one else here is going to agree with you on this.

I literally said everyone was terrible lately including Dinwiddie.

And you as a fanboy singled out Dinwiddie and claimed I had an agenda.

Its not an agenda to say everyone except Kyrie and Allen have been a disappointment. This team has been a disappointment by any standard. Everyone bears the responsibility. Kenny too.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#208 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Dinwiddie is a huge reason why we're still even in the playoff race. The idea that Dinwiddie doesn't help us win is completely false.

He helped us win games months ago. Lately we have been one of the worst teams in the league.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#209 » by kamaze » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:37 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

I don't know why its so crazy to expect someone who thinks he an All Star to keep us at .500 in the East.

I can think of at least 10 games this season where we had the lead in the 4th Q and Dinwiddie has been at the helm of a collapse.

Its not just defense. Its his decision making in the 4th Q and end of games. Taking bad shots and not creating offense at the right times.

He had an amazing stretch a few months ago. And since then its been pretty bad.

They would've won some more games if they made free throws. For instance the last game if they make a few more free throws they win the game.

I can't put a finger on what the problem is with this team and it's problems in the 4th quarter. The coach said he wouldn't play guys in the 4th if they didn't play defense. It could be something as simple as being able to get easy baskets. Switch the game plan up in the 4th and go bigger with Kurucs or Claxton in at the forward slots.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#210 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:17 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I really feel like everyone on the roster besides Kyrie and Allen has been a huge disappointment this year.

Levert has been terrible. Dinwiddie had a hot streak and is now just chucking bad shots. Harris is missing way too many 3s lately. Prince is awful. Kurucs bad.

Who has played up to par?

Being rim running big ain't going to cut it in today's NBA. Look around and tell me which legit contender has offensively challenged big, they never be playing. In today's NBA big's have to be able to pass, dribble, shoot and sometimes post up.

This is false, and you know it.

Dude was the 2nd best player on the floor in last night's game and yall are throwing him under the bus? Doesn't compute.

I'd like to know why it's false.
Yet we still lost to lottery team. Sorry I look beyond numbers and seen enough to say certain things just ain't working. 50 games is enough to draw some conclusions.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#211 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:20 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:You just can't have Temple, Joe and Prince closing games. With all the struggle you play Caris and live with it. We already know what them bums going to do.

LeVert is a negative on both ends. Dude can't even create separation off the dribble or finish at the rim. Why should Kenny play him over GT, Temple and Joe?

You're calling them bums? At least they contribute. What does Caris LeVert do?

The only bum I see here is LeVert, and that's keeping it 100. Dude has been trash. Makes me wish we traded him in the offseason to get some value for him

Man we lost enough games to know those guys won't win you games. If we going to lose games let's at least do it in productive to us way. Me personally, I think he's having confidence issues right now. In order to fix this problem you have to show some trust in our guy.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#212 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:32 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Dinwiddie is a huge reason why we're still even in the playoff race. The idea that Dinwiddie doesn't help us win is completely false.

He helped us win games months ago. Lately we have been one of the worst teams in the league.

Without Din we would be checking tankathon daily. With brittle Kyrie it should be taboo to even entertain such thoughts. You can make an argument that he's a best thing that happened to this team since moved to BK.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#213 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 3, 2020 12:56 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Knee sprain is an easy place holder for something more serious.

Seriously hope it's not an ACL. Even if it isn't, I'm good with sitting Kyrie for the rest of the year. He's out here playing heavy minutes with a bad shoulder carrying a poorly constructed team. Don't see the point. Get his body right and we can try to figure his out next year.

ACL is one of the easiest diagnosis to make. (ive torn both) the ACL recoils, the tug your knee 4 ways, it either recoils or it doesnt, if the ACL is torn it wont recoil. it is really about how bad the sprain is or isnt, which you wont know until the swelling is down in a few days
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#214 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:03 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I really feel like everyone on the roster besides Kyrie and Allen has been a huge disappointment this year.

Levert has been terrible. Dinwiddie had a hot streak and is now just chucking bad shots. Harris is missing way too many 3s lately. Prince is awful. Kurucs bad.

Who has played up to par?

I think Harris, Allen, Temple, Jordan, and Diwiddie have all played well and up to my expectations.... and when Kyrie is in the lineup you can add prince to that list

Levert has been awful, and i thought he was arole guy to begin with. Kurucs has barely played. to me thats more of an incomplete. Musa/Pinson have been awful.

I think its really just injuries and continuity. despite our record with kyrie (small sample) if he was healthy no doubt in our mind we are probably like 28-12 at worst or something. the lineup with kyrie/harris/temple/prince/allen is really looking great and spencer/jordan can lock down the second unit.

health has just crushed us and its been so untimely
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#215 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:04 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Being rim running big ain't going to cut it in today's NBA. Look around and tell me which legit contender has offensively challenged big, they never be playing. In today's NBA big's have to be able to pass, dribble, shoot and sometimes post up.

Dude was the 2nd best player on the floor in last night's game and yall are throwing him under the bus? Doesn't compute.

Yet we still lost to lottery team. Sorry I look beyond numbers and seen enough to say certain things just ain't working. 50 games is enough to draw some conclusions.

yes, missing our 2 best players isnt working. we should do that less often
GTR11
RealGM

Post#216 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

So I shouldn't take into consideration the fact two injury prone players won't miss time again. Got it.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#217 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:37 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:I'd like to know why it's false.

So I shouldn't take into consideration the fact two injury prone players won't miss time again. Got it.

glad you see the error of your ways
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#218 » by Paradise » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:59 pm

At the end of the day, all of this arguing will come to a halt and the true evaluation can begin on some of these guys when this man returns.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#219 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:17 pm

Something is seriously wrong with this dude CeltsfanSinceBirth.

I know that you lurk on here, and you know what I'm talking about dude. I'll leave it at that. Your obsession with Kyrie and me for that matter is very unhealthy. Let it go.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#220 » by Paradise » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Something is seriously wrong with this dude CeltsfanSinceBirth.

I know that you lurk on here, and you know what I'm talking about dude. I'll leave it at that. Your obsession with Kyrie and me for that matter is very unhealthy. Let it go.

Serious question.

Would you do Dinwiddie/Kurucs for Covington + Vonleh/Bell or Napier?

Return to Brooklyn Nets