ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Raptors, 2/8/20 730pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Re: GT: Nets @ Raptors, 2/8/20 730pm EST 

Post#201 » by CoachD » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:23 pm

GTR11 wrote:If any Raps fan reading this thread please don't be shy to explain what Kyle and Mark bring to the table for you guys. Apparently we got a fan here who think they wouldn't make as much of a difference as Kyrie.

It's impossible to properly communicate their value.

Whenever a team goes on the run, Lowry is usually the guy to cut it off with big plays on both sides of the ball.

He's been an advanced stat god for 7 years because he impacts winning in a way that Kyrie never has.

Gasol is an absolutely elite defender, and elite shooter for a 5. Not to mention, he's Toronto's ultimate zone buster. Teams can't play zone when Marc is on the floor... not because of his 3s... because of hia incredible passing. With Marc on the floor, they get a steady diet of weakside dunks off his feeds

And then there's Powell...
Toronto's top bench scorer -averaging over 20ppg since late November, and easily the best slasher on the team. He's also evolved into an excellent perimeter shooter, and has always been a great defender.... just ask Paul George, Khris Middleton, Chris Paul and countless others he's caused problems for.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#202 » by MGrand15 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Kenny's post game comments about the last play make me even madder about it. This type of rookie coaching won't fly with Kyrie and KD playing.

of course it will, because you give one of those guys the ball and they are breaking down anyone in front of them and scoring

There isn't a single NBA player that would score given the play that Kenny drew up.

Iverson cut for LeVert that took 5 seconds to get going. LeVert gets the ball on the wing.
Double staggered screen for Joe Harris to get him a 3 at the top of the key.
That turns into a double screen for LeVert.
FINALLY he gets an ISO on OG with 5 seconds left and zero spacing since everyone is discombobulated from the garbage play drawn up.

That was 100% the situation where you give it to LeVert and get the F out of the way. We were down 1. Big mistake by Kenny but I hope he'll learn from it.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#203 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:40 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Kenny's post game comments about the last play make me even madder about it. This type of rookie coaching won't fly with Kyrie and KD playing.

of course it will, because you give one of those guys the ball and they are breaking down anyone in front of them and scoring

There isn't a single NBA player that would score given the play that Kenny drew up.

Iverson cut for LeVert that took 5 seconds to get going. LeVert gets the ball on the wing.
FINALLY he gets an ISO on OG with 5 seconds left and zero spacing since everyone is discombobulated from the garbage play drawn up.

That was 100% the situation where you give it to LeVert and get the F out of the way. We were down 1. Big mistake by Kenny but I hope he'll learn from it.

I think Kenny wanted the play to start earlier but Dinwiddie took too long to get into the play. That's why Kenny was gesticulating for Spence to pick up the pace.

He probably should've called a timeout when he realized the play didn't go as planned but he probable decided to trust his guys, plus Caris was in a zone, so I don't blame him for that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,573

Post#204 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:05 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not sure how Kenny wanted them to execute that play. I would have run an isolation for LeVert going towards the rim with more time left on the clock tbh, he had the hot hand.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#205 » by CoachD » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:45 am

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

If you watch again... the initial action was a pindown for Harris, but Toronto blew it up.

It didn't look like they had a secondary action prepared (that's a coaching issue) and Dinwiddie was hunting before sending it to Levert
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#206 » by kamaze » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Can't let facts get in the way of an agenda.

Yeah ok LeVert is balling in the starting lineup next to Dinwiddie yet he struggled with Kyrie even before his injury.
That's not an agenda those are facts.

LeVert was playing off the bench with Dinwiddie and he still played like crap, look up the numbers. Don't try to blame Kyrie for someone not performing up to expectation.

His numbers went up now that he starts with Dinwindie and runs the point off the bench. His confidence is higher now than it's been all season.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,573

Post#207 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:49 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Yeah ok LeVert is balling in the starting lineup next to Dinwiddie yet he struggled with Kyrie even before his injury.
That's not an agenda those are facts.

LeVert was playing off the bench with Dinwiddie and he still played like crap, look up the numbers. Don't try to blame Kyrie for someone not performing up to expectation.

His numbers went up now that he starts with Dinwindie and runs the point off the bench. His confidence is higher now than it's been all season.

Which is a great thing and I'm relieved. However, blaming Kyrie for his struggles is disingenuous.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#208 » by kamaze » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Which is a great thing and I'm relieved. However, blaming Kyrie for his struggles is disingenuous.

Just pointing out that Dinwiddie LeVert and Kyrie don't mesh well together. All three players need the ball in their hands.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#209 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 am

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Just pointing out that Dinwiddie LeVert and Kyrie don't mesh well together. All three players need the ball in their hands.

Dinwiddies FG%, 3PT%, Assist%, PPP, PPP allowed BPM, DBPM and TS% are all higher when kyrie plays

same is true for levert with the exception of PPP allowed.
same is true for prince
same is true for harris

The 2 games before this indy game levert was excellent. but overall he has still be terrible without kyrie in the lineup. he is trending up. when kyrie gets back he should be even better because unlike Li

Return to Brooklyn Nets