GT: Nets @ Pacers 2/10/20 7pm Est

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Pacers 2/10/20 7pm Est 

Post#121 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:55 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:4 games under .500 and in 7th. We're in good shape considering how this season has gone. If we can upset either Toronto or Philly in these next two games, we've got a 4 game stretch vs the Hornets, Hawks, Wizards and Magic. We can really make up some ground.

I'm still high on this team for different reasons. I can see us pulling out W's but we can easily lose them as well. If we can get these wins than I'll start thinking we turning the corner.

If levert keeps playing like himself (even if its a poor game like vs indy) we are in good shape. he is making defenses work again. that makes everyone elses job easier.

Kyrie may be back before the ASG or shortly after. schedule gets easier again too. We can make a nice little run
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#122 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:That might've been the best win of the season!

Last season vibes

Yes the fact they were able to close desperate playoff team on the road is encouraging.

Yes it's encouraging but I'm won't be overly excited. We have to remember, the Pacers are trying to fit Dipo back with the rest of the team so chemistry is an issue right now. They've lost quite a few games since Dipo came back and I think they'll lose some more. But I am happy with this W and we needed this too, so I'll celebrate this one. I hope we can get one back on the Raps right before ASB.

if anything its nice to see the team win a close game late
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#123 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:09 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Yes the fact they were able to close desperate playoff team on the road is encouraging.

Yes it's encouraging but I'm won't be overly excited. We have to remember, the Pacers are trying to fit Dipo back with the rest of the team so chemistry is an issue right now. They've lost quite a few games since Dipo came back and I think they'll lose some more. But I am happy with this W and we needed this too, so I'll celebrate this one. I hope we can get one back on the Raps right before ASB.

No doubt, we will have stretches of games where I'll make my final call as well. This Raps and Philly games will show us where we at and who we really are. Injuries are part of the game and if some want to use them as an excuse than it's their fault when it'll come bite them.

Injuries are an excuse. Its a team where only 5 guys play at once and driven by talent.

your telling me the warriors dont have an excuse for having no steph and Klaya nd should still be a top 3 seed in the west right now? or that being without durant and klay shouldnt have mattered in last years finals?

all teams get injuries, but when you are without your 2 or 3 best players for 30-50% of the season or more that different
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Stone wrote:We should also be Kenny a lot of the credit for last nights win. The design to keep DJ in to close it was critical.

Not sure how I feel about using the challenge in the first half. But I trust him to use different strategies to see what works.

I think you should always use your challenge when its clear you will gain the possession. 90% of games no challenge is used, waiting for a 4th uarter challenge that never happens. the refs can already review anything the last few minutes, so you dont need to worry about not having it in crunch time
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#125 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Claud wrote:Best team win of the season in my books.

They've owned us for a while and we beat them without Kyrie and KD on the road while they were at full strength.

I understand they're trying to integrate Dipo and get their rhythm back but still it's a great win for our guys without our 2 stars.

Also, It is time for either Kurucs or Clax to take the backup PF role over Chandler.

Chandler had a decent stretch of games awhile back and is a vet but he's clearly hurting us. I think Rodi or Clax are clearly better.

They dont view Claxton as a F even though i think he is more like Rodi/Prince then he is like allen. probably because he isnt a proven volume 3 point shooter.

Rodi i think alot of it is his off court obligations. he may be missing practice time for court or to meet with lawyers or may just be distracted. i dont think its confidence. I think Kenny trusts chandler not to turn it over on a team that turns it over alot, which goes a long way id assume

id like to see more rodi too, but ill also admit i was wrong on chandler being a corpse, he has something left still
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#126 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yes we finally got one to go our way. Din had a terrible shooting night but found other ways to effect the game. This is what we need more of from Din, he needs to take more mid range shots, he can take those all game long. Kyrie takes those all the time so I don't see why he can't. Anyway, good win now let's try to get one back against those annoying Craptors.

I think it's because his percentages in the mid range are terrible from what he said last night

Maybe they are but he doesn't take enough of them. They give him that all game long, take it, especially if you're capable of making it. Kyrie takes those all the time. And Din has been off from 3 this year.

Kyrie is an elite midrange shooter. like Dlo, you give him some freedom there.

Diniwddie is poor midrange and the team views midrange jumpers as the worst possesions outside of a turnover. we shoudlnt be encouraging him to take more, especially when he can get a shot at the rim just as easy.

His contested FG% at the rim is a touch higher then his FG% at 16 feet. and he is more likely to get fouls at the rim. he is better forcing a bad shot at the rim than taking an open one mid range... or better taking a step back three then an open mid range
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:Best team win of the season in my books.

They've owned us for a while and we beat them without Kyrie and KD on the road while they were at full strength.

I understand they're trying to integrate Dipo and get their rhythm back but still it's a great win for our guys without our 2 stars.

Also, It is time for either Kurucs or Clax to take the backup PF role over Chandler.

Chandler had a decent stretch of games awhile back and is a vet but he's clearly hurting us. I think Rodi or Clax are clearly better.

They dont view Claxton as a F even though i think he is more like Rodi/Prince then he is like allen. probably because he isnt a proven volume 3 point shooter.

Rodi i think alot of it is his off court obligations. he may be missing practice time for court or to meet with lawyers or may just be distracted. i dont think its confidence. I think Kenny trusts chandler not to turn it over on a team that turns it over alot, which goes a long way id assume

id like to see more rodi too, but ill also admit i was wrong on chandler being a corpse, he has something left still

Kenny trusts Chandler as a bigger body defensively as well. It would be great if he could hit his open shots at a better clip but I don't blame Kenny for using him at the 4 on bigger opponents. Prince can't handle certain guys
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#128 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I think it's because his percentages in the mid range are terrible from what he said last night

Maybe they are but he doesn't take enough of them. They give him that all game long, take it, especially if you're capable of making it. Kyrie takes those all the time. And Din has been off from 3 this year.

Diniwddie is poor midrange and the team views midrange jumpers as the worst possesions outside of a turnover. we shoudlnt be encouraging him to take more, especially when he can get a shot at the rim just as easy.

His contested FG% at the rim is a touch higher then his FG% at 16 feet. and he is more likely to get fouls at the rim. he is better forcing a bad shot at the rim than taking an open one mid range... or better taking a step back three then an open mid range

He said in the post game that Kenny doesn't wanting him taking shots like that, admitted that his percentages in the mid range are terrible and said that Kenny would be pissed at him for taking mid range jumpers so it's not like you're making this up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#129 » by GTR11 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yes it's encouraging but I'm won't be overly excited. We have to remember, the Pacers are trying to fit Dipo back with the rest of the team so chemistry is an issue right now. They've lost quite a few games since Dipo came back and I think they'll lose some more. But I am happy with this W and we needed this too, so I'll celebrate this one. I hope we can get one back on the Raps right before ASB.

No doubt, we will have stretches of games where I'll make my final call as well. This Raps and Philly games will show us where we at and who we really are. Injuries are part of the game and if some want to use them as an excuse than it's their fault when it'll come bite them.

Injuries are an excuse. Its a team where only 5 guys play at once and driven by talent.

your telling me the warriors dont have an excuse for having no steph and Klaya nd should still be a top 3 seed in the west right now? or that being without durant and klay shouldnt have mattered in last years finals?

all teams get injuries, but when you are without your 2 or 3 best players for 30-50% of the season or more that different

I thought I explained you already why bringing GSW is bad example. And yes no one cares for injuries because they part of the game.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#130 » by GTR11 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Maybe they are but he doesn't take enough of them. They give him that all game long, take it, especially if you're capable of making it. Kyrie takes those all the time. And Din has been off from 3 this year.

He said in the post game that Kenny doesn't wanting him taking shots like that, admitted that his percentages in the mid range are terrible and said that Kenny would be pissed at him for taking mid range jumpers so it's not like you're making this up.

Kyrie, KD and LeVert make living taking mid range jumpers. Why I think he don't have problem them taking it and actually design those plays.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#131 » by GTR11 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:4 games under .500 and in 7th. We're in good shape considering how this season has gone. If we can upset either Toronto or Philly in these next two games, we've got a 4 game stretch vs the Hornets, Hawks, Wizards and Magic. We can really make up some ground.

I'm still high on this team for different reasons. I can see us pulling out W's but we can easily lose them as well. If we can get these wins than I'll start thinking we turning the corner.

If levert keeps playing like himself (even if its a poor game like vs indy) we are in good shape. he is making defenses work again. that makes everyone elses job easier.

Kyrie may be back before the ASG or shortly after. schedule gets easier again too. We can make a nice little run

We got game today vs Raps and he was ruled out few days ago :banghead: how is he going to come back before ASG.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#132 » by gigantes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:If levert keeps playing like himself (even if its a poor game like vs indy) we are in good shape. he is making defenses work again. that makes everyone elses job easier.

I didn't see much of the last two games, but from highlights it also looks like LeVert has been ramping up the defensive effort as well.

It makes me think that after he came back from injury, when he looked listless and immobile on D, there was more of a plan in place than most of us fans gave him and the coaching staff credit for. But it makes sense that with his injury history, it was wiser to ease himself in cautiously, no matter how lazy he might have looked at the time.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#133 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Kyrie, KD and LeVert make living taking mid range jumpers. Why I think he don't have problem them taking it and actually design those plays.

levert gets most of his points from 3 and at the rim. he is an awgul midrange shooter. he is awful anywhere from 2pt range but especially 10-16 feet.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#134 » by Papi_swav » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I don't agree with that. Din forces waaaayyyyy too many shots when he could just take the wide open 15 foot jumper. If they're giving it to you, take it. And Din doesn't even take enough shots from mid range to give a full assessment.

I don't see how him forcing a bad shot at the rim is better than a wide open mid range shot they're giving him. This is why Din is in a slump, because defenses know what he's going to do, he's either going to force a horrible layup attempt that he will miss, then cry and complain to the refs about no foul call, we seen this every game about 10 times. Or he's going to take a bad step back shot which he is shooting worse on 3FG % than he is in the mid range. And again, Din doesn't take enough of those mid range to give a full assessment. He's shooting 32% from 16 feet-to the 3 pt line and 31% from 3 . I'm pretty sure that mid range number will be higher if he even took a couple of them a game. He's not even taking 1 mid range shot a game.

This stupid analytics is killing the game. Yea I get that it's important now and they do have some good points and views, but how can u pass up a wide open free throw shot for a worse shot that's contested? Take the 2 points. Listen, I wouldn't want Prince or Kurucs taking that shot, but I know Din is capable of making that shot, and we have evidence.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#135 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:34 am

Papi_swav wrote:I don't agree with that. Din forces waaaayyyyy too many shots when he could just take the wide open 15 foot jumper. If they're giving it to you, take it. And Din doesn't even take enough shots from mid range to give a full assessment.

The small sample size on mid range shots is a valid point... but the small sample is pretty poor (25%) and the larger career sample is still really bad (34%). Taking more aggressively could lead to a higher percentage, but he would basically need to double his FG% from that range to warrant taking them

I don't see how him forcing a bad shot at the rim is better than a wide open mid range shot they're giving him.

Because he converts contested bad shots within 3 feet at a much higher rate than uncontested shots from 10-16 feet or 16-22 feet. And he has a near 100% higher FT rate on shots forced vs open midrange. it may seem to go against basic logic, but mathmatically and analytically its much better for him to force at the rim vs. take the open midrange.

This is why Din is in a slump, because defenses know what he's going to do, he's either going to force a horrible layup attempt that he will miss, then cry and complain to the refs about no foul call, we seen this every game about 10 times. Or he's going to take a bad step back shot which he is shooting worse on 3FG % than he is in the mid range. And again, Din doesn't take enough of those mid range to give a full assessment. He's shooting 32% from 16 feet-to the 3 pt line and 31% from 3 . I'm pretty sure that mid range number will be higher if he even took a couple of them a game. He's not even taking 1 mid range shot a game.

I think he slumped because he volume got too high and he had so little help around him that shots werent just heavily contested but contested by 2-3 guys. before levert came back he was surrounded by very little.

And while i agree his mid range would go up, its needs to go up a TON to warrant taking those. like even raising his midrage 10% to 42% would make it a bad shot.

This stupid analytics is killing the game. Yea I get that it's important now and they do have some good points and views, but how can u pass up a wide open free throw shot for a worse shot that's contested? Take the 2 points. Listen, I wouldn't want Prince or Kurucs taking that shot, but I know Din is capable of making that shot, and we have evidence.

because it isnt "taking the 2 points" if you cant consistently make the shot. hell look at how many FTs dinwiddie misses. why go 1-3 from midrange when you could go 1-3 with a trip to the FT line forcing it inside or 1-3 form three for an extra point?

Return to Brooklyn Nets