ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Raptors- 2/12/20 7:30pm (Final Game before ASB)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets vs. Raptors- 2/12/20 7:30pm (Final Game before ASB) 

Post#121 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:Oh how the tone has changed in here.... As i said after we got beat down by the lakers, the schedule evens out and not having to play Musa/Pinson and Temple/Prince back in their normal roles we are in great shape. Lets take a trip down memory lane to 3 weeks ago:

Papi_swav wrote:we ain't going anywhere this year so idk what you're talking about. The farthest we'll go is the 2nd round, if we can even make the playoffs.

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Next 7 are against below .500 teams. We have to go 5-2 or at worst 4-3 if we want a chance at staying afloat.

Any worse than that and we probably miss the playoffs.

NyCeEvO wrote:Unless something miraculous happens, it seems like we could actually miss the playoffs. The only silver lining to such a season would be that our draft pick would be the highest Markinson have had.

MrDollarBills wrote:I don't know how anyone can watch this team and have anything positive to say. It's not fun to watch at all. This is a bad basketball team and I don't think Kevin Durant is going to change that. We need to start moving parts. This team could easily miss the playoffs

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I said was exactly true. WTF are you talking about?

We went 5-2 and we stayed a float.

If anything this further proves my point. Thank you.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Nets vs. Raptors- 2/12/20 7:30pm (Final Game before ASB) 

Post#122 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 pm

DJ visits the CC & Ruocco Podcast.

MUST watch for all Nets fans.

He dives deep into how Jared Dudley pushed them to join us after deciding to choose the Lakers and also speaks on fame as a Net in NYC compared to a Knick and fun stories about the whole Clippers/Mavericks signing situation.

I 100% understand why KD and Kyrie are friends with him. I’m 1000% on board with his contract. Anyone who hates DJ after this has to fight me.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#123 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Oh how the tone has changed in here.... As i said after we got beat down by the lakers, the schedule evens out and not having to play Musa/Pinson and Temple/Prince back in their normal roles we are in great shape. Lets take a trip down memory lane to 3 weeks ago:

Papi_swav wrote:we ain't going anywhere this year so idk what you're talking about. The farthest we'll go is the 2nd round, if we can even make the playoffs.

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Next 7 are against below .500 teams. We have to go 5-2 or at worst 4-3 if we want a chance at staying afloat.

NyCeEvO wrote:Unless something miraculous happens, it seems like we could actually miss the playoffs. The only silver lining to such a season would be that our draft pick would be the highest Markinson have had.

MrDollarBills wrote:I don't know how anyone can watch this team and have anything positive to say. It's not fun to watch at all. This is a bad basketball team and I don't think Kevin Durant is going to change that. We need to start moving parts. This team could easily miss the playoffs

Fun Fact, if we went 3-4 or 2-5 we would still be in the exact same 7 spot. if we went 0-7 we would still be in the playoff as the 8 seed.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#124 » by Papi_swav » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Exactly wtf is that dude talking about, he always wants to be right so bad after I've schooled him sooo many times throughout the years. And I still stand by my statement, we not winning no chips this year so we ain't going anywhere. 2nd round is our ceiling. Ofcourse I'm going to root hard for them and hope they go farther etc... but we need to be realistic. He's happy that he told us "we'll still make the playoffs" whoopty dooo ...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#125 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Exactly wtf is that dude talking about, he always wants to be right so bad after I've schooled him sooo many times throughout the years. And I still stand by my statement, we not winning no chips this year so we ain't going anywhere. 2nd round is our ceiling. Ofcourse I'm going to root hard for them and hope they go farther etc... but we need to be realistic. He's happy that he told us "we'll still make the playoffs" whoopty dooo ...

Lol I was right while you guys were crying like grade schoolers "were gonna miss the playoffs, we suck, blah blah blah"

And no he wasnt right, he was wrong. he said if we dont go 5-2 or 4-3 we would be out of the playoff race. which is 100% false since as mentioned if we went 0-7 we would still be in the playoffs had we gone 2-5 or 3-4.

you keep talking about "being right" yet your the one who goes AWOL anytime you have egg on your face while i admit when im wrong and apologize to dude si went hard at if i was wrong. you follow me around with cheap pot shots and then go missing for weeks when it doesnt go your way

This team is fine. it was always going to be fine. and there was always a 0.0% chance of us falling out of playoff contention, as i outlined in the OP
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#126 » by DarkXaero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Idk why people thought we were going to miss the playoffs, given how bad the Eastern conference is below us. I've expressed my frustrations but it has to do more with the team's inconsistent performance level rather than our chances of making playoffs. Regardless, right now isn't the time for "I told you so", we're still 3 games below .500, and there's a lot of work to be done.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Paradise wrote:DJ visits the CC & Ruocco Podcast.

He dives deep into how Jared Dudley pushed them to join us after deciding to choose the Lakers and also speaks on fame as a Net in NYC compared to a Knick and fun stories about the whole Clippers/Mavericks signing situation.

I 100% understand why KD and Kyrie are friends with him. I’m 1000% on board with his contract. Anyone who hates DJ after this has to fight me.

First of all, hearing Ryan Ruocco cursing is kind of unsettling :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ is a real ass dude, I definitely can see why KD and Kyrie are cool with him, he's really down to earth, forth coming and you can tell he's not on any bull ****.

Hearing him talk about Kobe you can tell that **** hurt him to talk about, dude was like a superhero to him (and pretty much everyone who is a fan of the sport).

I didn't know that dude was vegan.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#128 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Idk why people thought we were going to miss the playoffs, given how bad the Eastern conference is below us. I've expressed my frustrations but it has to do more with the team's inconsistent performance level rather than our chances of making playoffs. Regardless, right now isn't the time for "I told you so", we're still 3 games below .500, and there's a lot of work to be done.

I would LOVE to beat Philly coming off of the ASB. That would really set the tone and get people talking because that would be three straight playoff teams we've knocked off. Then we've got games against teams we should beat regardless of Kyrie being in the line up or not with the way we are playing defensively and the way LeVert has woken up from his coma.

What I worry about is guys losing their aggression when Irving returns. Spencer and Caris need to play the same way they are now. Yes, defer to Kyrie, but don't lose your aggression, if you've got the open lane drive the ball and look for a score or a dish to a big or a kick out. Kyrie will be more than glad to not have to do the heavy lifting. We shouldn't have to rely on him setting franchise records to win a game.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#129 » by DarkXaero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:07 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Idk why people thought we were going to miss the playoffs, given how bad the Eastern conference is below us. I've expressed my frustrations but it has to do more with the team's inconsistent performance level rather than our chances of making playoffs. Regardless, right now isn't the time for "I told you so", we're still 3 games below .500, and there's a lot of work to be done.

I would LOVE to beat Philly coming off of the ASB. That would really set the tone and get people talking because that would be three straight playoff teams we've knocked off. Then we've got games against teams we should beat regardless of Kyrie being in the line up or not with the way we are playing defensively and the way LeVert has woken up from his coma.

What I worry about is guys losing their aggression when Irving returns. Spencer and Caris need to play the same way they are now. Yes, defer to Kyrie, but don't lose your aggression, if you've got the open lane drive the ball and look for a score or a dish to a big or a kick out. Kyrie will be more than glad to not have to do the heavy lifting. We shouldn't have to rely on him setting franchise records to win a game.
Agreed, we can't have Dinwiddie and Levert taking a step back when Kyrie comes back into the lineup. I'm not too worried about Dinwiddie, because he was already playing well alongside Kyrie before Kyrie's injury against Wizards. But Levert's recent surge must continue, and it should help that he'll most likely retain his starting place when Kyrie comes back (with Dinwiddie moving back to bench). But yeah, if Dinwiddie and Levert can continue to play at this level when Kyrie comes back, we'll be a scary team with good potential to upset in playoffs.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#130 » by gigantes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Paradise wrote:DJ visits the CC & Ruocco Podcast.

SnUdbAHSmOg

I wish I could skip past all the small talk and get to the bball stuff. This Harry Potter and theme park talk is fast-tracking me to lala land.

Also didn't realise that Dudley intentionally chose the Lakers over the Nets. I thought it was moreso that Marks couldn't quite afford him, as modest as his yearly cost is.

I'm not 1000% on DJ's contract. It could still turn a kind of ugly, in future. That said, I'm impressed with how he's come along after kind of a slow start. He's actually tied for first (with Fro) in defensive BPM-RAPTOR among active Net players. His block rate only lags a little behind Allen's, but he's clearly having a significant impact on that end.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#131 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Fun Fact, if we went 3-4 or 2-5 we would still be in the exact same 7 spot. if we went 0-7 we would still be in the playoff as the 8 seed.

If we went 0-7 we would have a record of 20-33.

We would literally be tied with Wizards for the 8th seed and they would have the tie break.

So actually we wouldn't be in the playoffs.

I was very right do doubt our ability to get in if we didn't turn around.

Now stop bragging about your bull predictions. You're about to lose sig for the next year for stupidly saying we would finish 10 games above the Celtics in the Standings.

You also proclaimed in November after Kyrie got hurt that we would finish with a #4 seed.

You have been more wrong than anyone else on this board.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#132 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Lol I was right while you guys were crying like grade schoolers "were gonna miss the playoffs, we suck, blah blah blah"

And no he wasnt right, he was wrong. he said if we dont go 5-2 or 4-3 we would be out of the playoff race. which is 100% false since as mentioned if we went 0-7 we would still be in the playoffs had we gone 2-5 or 3-4.

you keep talking about "being right" yet your the one who goes AWOL anytime you have egg on your face while i admit when im wrong and apologize to dude si went hard at if i was wrong. you follow me around with cheap pot shots and then go missing for weeks when it doesnt go your way

This team is fine. it was always going to be fine. and there was always a 0.0% chance of us falling out of playoff contention, as i outlined in the OP

LMAO.

Crying like school girls?

All I said was we needed to turn it around or else we missed the playoffs. I even said after the Lakers loss that it wasn't a big deal.

And I never said we would be out of the playoffs race. I said we probably miss the playoffs. Which I still think is true, if we didn't turn it around.

And at that time the Pistons were only a few games back. I had no idea they would collapse and trade Drummond.

You are so obsessed with stroking your own ego its pathetic.

Enjoy losing your sig and avatar to Celtics fans for the next year. You're an embarrassment to Nets fans for your stupid predictions.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#133 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Exactly wtf is that dude talking about, he always wants to be right so bad after I've schooled him sooo many times throughout the years. And I still stand by my statement, we not winning no chips this year so we ain't going anywhere. 2nd round is our ceiling. Ofcourse I'm going to root hard for them and hope they go farther etc... but we need to be realistic. He's happy that he told us "we'll still make the playoffs" whoopty dooo ...

LMAO.

All I said was we needed to turn it around or else we missed the playoffs. I even said after the Lakers loss that it wasn't a big deal.

And I never said we would be out of the playoffs race. I said we probably miss the playoffs. Which I still think is true, if we didn't turn it around.

And at that time the Pistons were only a few games back. I had no idea they would collapse and trade Drummond.

Enjoy losing your sig and avatar to Celtics fans for the next year. You're an embarrassment to Nets fans for your stupid predictions.

lol. you threw little hissy fits and through in the season turning your back and shunning this team and im an embarassment to nets fans? your like the dude who leaves the game in the 3rd cause the other team went ona 10-0 run then find out later the nets won.

and you were dead wrong. you said we needed to go at least 4-3. we didnt. and it didnt matter if the pistons traded drummond, they were trash heading in the wrong direction already.

this team is have a great year given the injuries. yet you just crap on them and the coach because we are suppose to win more games behind musa and pinson?

weak
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#134 » by Papi_swav » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Bro right about what? that we'll make the playoffs? who gives AF ! I already said, yea we will make the playoffs but as a 7th 8th seed to get stomped out the 1st round, what is so great about that?

I know you're not talking about me going AWOL? I'm here in almost every game thread so WTF are u talking about. You are the one that goes AWOL when I shut u up and I have to beat it out of u for you to say that I was right, remember when I kept telling u Dwight is a cancer, you tried everything in your power to prove me wrong and had no choice but to apologize when I kept hounding u about it.

You the one that acts like a heart broken girl here, calling ppl names and saying things like "weak minded" and "dumb take" and many more insults. but I guess it's only ok for u to do that around here.

Yea ok we'll make the playoffs who gives AF, we made the playoffs last year too and got spanked. We was supposed to be better this season but we're not, I don't understand why you can't get that thru your big head. People are let down here but it's whatever because everybody knows next year is the year. Like I told you before, you are the joke here and act like everything you say is the law and get angry like a scorned women when ppl disagree with you and your annoying takes. "I gaurantee we'll be 10 games better than the Celtics and we'll be the 2nd seed and reach the finals" :lol: :lol: you was so confident in saying that and now the egg splatted all on your face. Make sure you don't forget to change your avatar after the season. Don't make me go all the way in on you.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#135 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:39 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

LMAO.

lol. you threw little hissy fits and through in the season turning your back and shunning this team and im an embarassment to nets fans? your like the dude who leaves the game in the 3rd cause the other team went ona 10-0 run then find out later the nets won.

and you were dead wrong. you said we needed to go at least 4-3. we didnt. and it didnt matter if the pistons traded drummond, they were trash heading in the wrong direction already.

this team is have a great year given the injuries. yet you just crap on them and the coach because we are suppose to win more games behind musa and pinson?

weak

I never once threw a hissy fit. Nor did I ever leave the game in the 3rd Q. All you do is make things up and lie. You're the Donald Trump of this forum.

What do you mean we didn't?

We went 5-2. WTF are you talking about???? Enough of your BS.

I don't crap on this team. I just keep it real.

I don't get on the GB and say we are going to make the ECF and win 10 more games than the Cs like an idiot.

That's what you do. Its sad and its embarrassing.

Thats why you were banned before and I hope you get banned again.

Return to Brooklyn Nets