Truebiscuit wrote:Bulls fan, I come in peace... wanted to get your thoughts on Kenny Atkinson. I thought what he did for your team and its culture was nothing short of outstanding. Were there any major complaints about him as a head coach? If I'm not mistaken, he did not like the mid-range 2 which upset some players.
Main KA negatives:
1) Slow to make adjustments in-game. He's stubborn and usually like the stick to his pregame plan(which is usually good tbh) instead of switching things on the fly. He's honestly stubborn in general
2) He only like 3pt shots or shots at the rim. He seriously hates the mid-range. Might make exceptions for certain players but even then still pushes for more 3's/rim attacks.
3) Questionable time out usage. Let's teams go on long runs sometimes without using time outs.
4) Sometimes he ice's his hot players by benching them(for long stretches) when they are cooking.
5) He def has his favorites and its frustrating when his fav players gets more play time than another player that is playing better.
6) Nets gave up TONS of leads(especially in the 4th Q). Some of it is dumb mistakes by players but a lot of it is on Kenny as well.
KA is great coach and should be a good fit for the Bulls. He'll def improve culture, work ethic, preparedness, excellent offense scheme, modernize the franchise/coaching philosophies and help develop young players. However, I have reservations if he'll be a championship level coach unless he fixes/adjusts a bit.