ImageImageImageImageImage

The Nets and Kenny Atkinson part ways

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Re: The Nets and Kenny Atkinson part ways 

Post#61 » by Papi_swav » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:32 pm

Wow this is shocking and totally unexpected at this point of the season, at least let him finish the year. Look, Kenny had his flaws but he also had alot of positives as well. I believe he helped Dinwiddie, Dlo, Levert, and several others expand their games. He certainly added another 3 years for Brook Lopez by giving him the green light to take those 3 pointers.

I always questioned if he's the guy to take us to the chip level. I think he is the perfect assistant coach but not the best head to take us to the next level. He should of been playing Kurucs instead of Chandler. Like MGrand says, I hope this is our Dwayne Casey for Nick Nurse moment. I think Marks will consult with KD/Kyrie on our next coach. This will probably be the most important decision we'll make.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#62 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Paradise wrote:David Levy deserved to be fired for his “ideas.” Nobody wants 5G with its current health risks and super overpriced tickets.

That's fair.

Also that's my bad I posted the wrong tweet. There was a writer for The Athletic named Clevis Murray (now deleted tweet) who claims that a source told him Kyrie/KD want Ty Lue or Thibs.

Kyrie's body wouldn't last a season under Thibs.

First thing I thought lol.

Lue is such a little bitch boy too, really dislike that dude, at least and especially as a coach. Can see the allure in him though, he commands the respect of the role players and young guys, can develop a little and the stars essentially become the player coaches they want to be, pretty much his run in Cleveland.

This is getting extra messy behind the scenes. There almost had to be some other stuff going on. I'm thinking Dinwiddie is a bit of a problem as well, Kyrie and KD are probably pushing to bench Allen, Kenny has a much bigger ego behind the scenes then advertised and I can see something where the front office wants to pump up LeVert's trade value cause he's good as gone and Kenny tried to hide him before the deadline so he wasn't dealt for some also-ran big name player in an impulse move dictated by KD/Kyrie and Dinwiddie, and after Caris' recent explosion things came to a head.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#63 » by Papi_swav » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:36 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:I've always rooted for the laundry, but it's becoming harder. Last year's team was my favorite since the first finals team. First DLo now Kenny.

Purely speculation, but I think Dinwiddie is a big part of it. He did DLo dirty, and I wouldn't put it past him to turn on Kenny. I fear for Marks if Tsai is listening to the players.

Wait how did Din do Dlo dirty?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#64 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:40 pm

NetsJets wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Unless something gets revealed I doubt it’s Spencer. Kenny let him do whatever he wanted out there for the most part.

I have no doubt Din been involved as well. I know it's hard to believe because he had great success under Kenny but he's also close with Kyrie. Don't underestimate Kyrie here, he just got elected to NBAPA with Temple already in it.

It’s possible no doubt. But it’s hard to see it being him. I can see Kyrie and KD with maybe guys like Chandler, Temple, Prince and Kurucs wanting Kenny gone.

I don't think it's hard to see at all. Dinwiddie has a big mouth, a big ego and seems like a bit of a snake tbh. He's a good player, no doubt, but it feels like he sees himself as an out and out top of the league type of dude. Wouldn't doubt he's pushing for Caris to be dealt as well, for either a forward or some low usage off ball guys who won't get in his way. Then he'll probably leave for a big pay day on a decent lotto team in serious need of a 1b type of option the summer of '21.

I'm not even trying to come across as bitter here, I don't blame him for all the above, if it indeed rang true, but he definitely feels like that dude at work who smiles in your face and rah rah's that he's bringing it for everyone on the squad and then he's in the bosses office scrubbing it up and demanding things for himself while monster trucking the bus over everyone in his way, imho.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#65 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:44 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I've always rooted for the laundry, but it's becoming harder. Last year's team was my favorite since the first finals team. First DLo now Kenny.

Purely speculation, but I think Dinwiddie is a big part of it. He did DLo dirty, and I wouldn't put it past him to turn on Kenny. I fear for Marks if Tsai is listening to the players.

Wait how did Din do Dlo dirty?

I mean he was actively recruiting his replacement while shunning him since last season. I was a guy who was definitely Kyrie > D-Lo, but this much is blatantly obvious. Like Dinwiddie has championed himself for it, it's not a secret whatsoever, it's what happened. I still do not feel bad for D-Lo at all. He got an enormous payday, got to play half a season under Kerr in Cali and is now on a team with his best friend, but no question Dinwiddie is one of the flatout direct reasons he's no longer a Brooklyn Net. Again, this isn't a secret, or read between the lines info, this is what actually happened, it's out there to see and read with a simple Google search, it's common knowledge.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#66 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:51 pm

I'd also like to add, there's probably a lot of Tsai influence going on right now. He may have a KD/Kyrie approved guy he has earmarked to takeover next season.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Nets and Kenny Atkinson part ways 

Post#67 » by Paradise » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:52 pm

Sean Marks has been hinting throughout this interview. It seems him and Kenny disagreed on something and it’s been an on going thing.

Read on Twitter
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#68 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:55 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I'd also like to add, there's probably a lot of Tsai influence going on right now. He may have a KD/Kyrie approved guy he has earmarked to takeover next season.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Than again why extend Kenny before signing our star players. They'll try to hide player opinions for obvious reasons, but there is no way I'm going to buy it unless Kenny straight up says that.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#69 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Unless something gets revealed I doubt it’s Spencer. Kenny let him do whatever he wanted out there for the most part.

I have no doubt Din been involved as well. I know it's hard to believe because he had great success under Kenny but he's also close with Kyrie. Don't underestimate Kyrie here, he just got elected to NBAPA with Temple already in it.

Allegedly after the Boston game some players were questioning Kenny's decision making in the locker room. This probably just isn't Kyrie and KD.

Yup, it was building up until today.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#70 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:01 pm

Well, can't be bad for the win total over! :lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#71 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:02 pm

GTR11 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I'd also like to add, there's probably a lot of Tsai influence going on right now. He may have a KD/Kyrie approved guy he has earmarked to takeover next season.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Than again why extend Kenny before signing our star players. They'll try to hide player opinions for obvious reasons, but there is no way I'm going to buy it unless Kenny straight up says that.

I'm just reading rumors out there that Tsai was going behind Marks back and talking to players about Kenny for awhile now.

Marks might be gone next. Tsai might wind up being the second coming of James Dolan smh.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#72 » by Shark » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:05 pm

I really hope not. It would suck if Tsai is going to be handsy with the organization after Prokhorov had let Marks work his magic. This next hire need to be more than a yes man for our star players.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#73 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:05 pm

Actually wondering aloud if we're going to see something crazy this off-season... such as a Greg Popovich hire... :-o

Or maybe Coach K?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#74 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:11 pm

Shark wrote:

I really hope not. It would suck if Tsai is going to be handsy with the organization after Prokhorov had let Marks work his magic. This next hire need to be more than a yes man for our star players.

Unless the next hire is a HOF, all time great, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Expecting a guy like Tyrone Lue.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#75 » by halfHAVOC » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:26 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
GTR11 wrote:I have no doubt Din been involved as well. I know it's hard to believe because he had great success under Kenny but he's also close with Kyrie. Don't underestimate Kyrie here, he just got elected to NBAPA with Temple already in it.

It’s possible no doubt. But it’s hard to see it being him. I can see Kyrie and KD with maybe guys like Chandler, Temple, Prince and Kurucs wanting Kenny gone.

I don't think it's hard to see at all. Dinwiddie has a big mouth, a big ego and seems like a bit of a snake tbh. He's a good player, no doubt, but it feels like he sees himself as an out and out top of the league type of dude. Wouldn't doubt he's pushing for Caris to be dealt as well, for either a forward or some low usage off ball guys who won't get in his way. Then he'll probably leave for a big pay day on a decent lotto team in serious need of a 1b type of option the summer of '21.

I'm not even trying to come across as bitter here, I don't blame him for all the above, if it indeed rang true, but he definitely feels like that dude at work who smiles in your face and rah rah's that he's bringing it for everyone on the squad and then he's in the bosses office scrubbing it up and demanding things for himself while monster trucking the bus over everyone in his way, imho.

Where are you getting this from? Factual sources please?

I'm surprised by the timing of this...Why not just wait til after we get knocked out of the 1st round of the playoffs? Something seems off here, Kenny is a player's coach so maybe it was Kyrie/KD or maybe it had nothing to do with the players and just more to do with ownership.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#76 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:34 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
NetsJets wrote:It’s possible no doubt. But it’s hard to see it being him. I can see Kyrie and KD with maybe guys like Chandler, Temple, Prince and Kurucs wanting Kenny gone.

I'm surprised by the timing of this...Why not just wait til after we get knocked out of the 1st round of the playoffs? Something seems off here, Kenny is a player's coach so maybe it was Kyrie/KD or maybe it had nothing to do with the players and just more to do with ownership.

I mean I think I made it about as obvious as possible that the above was mainly my opinion. :dontknow:

Again, my take is this is mainly Tsai, Dinwiddie, and Kenny refusing to play certain guys that Marks has told him over and over, play said player, or we're going to have a serious problem.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#77 » by halfHAVOC » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:37 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
halfHAVOC wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I don't think it's hard to see at all. Dinwiddie has a big mouth, a big ego and seems like a bit of a snake tbh. He's a good player, no doubt, but it feels like he sees himself as an out and out top of the league type of dude. Wouldn't doubt he's pushing for Caris to be dealt as well, for either a forward or some low usage off ball guys who won't get in his way. Then he'll probably leave for a big pay day on a decent lotto team in serious need of a 1b type of option the summer of '21.

I mean I think I made it about as obvious as possible that the above was mainly my opinion. :dontknow:

Again, my take is this is mainly Tsai, Dinwiddie, and Kenny refusing to play certain guys that Marks has told him over and over, play said player, or we're going to have a serious problem.

Yeah even if that's ur opinion though lol what are you basing Dinwiddie's "big mouth and ego" off of? He just complain's on the court to refs too much but I haven't seen him indicate in anyway he's got a big ego or is a snake or something.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#78 » by DarkXaero » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:39 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm just reading rumors out there that Tsai was going behind Marks back and talking to players about Kenny for awhile now.

Marks might be gone next. Tsai might wind up being the second coming of James Dolan smh.
I think you need to relax a bit with the speculation. Marks didn't give up much in his press conference, but if he's being truthful, then it was a mutual decision between Kenny, Marks, and Tsai. To me, it seems like Kenny didn't completely lose the locker room, but at the same time, he didn't feel like he was having the same impact as before, getting through to these guys. And in addition to being aware of that, there were also on-court concerns that were pretty obvious (late game execution/4th quarters, blown leads), that I'm sure played a part in the decision.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#79 » by DarkXaero » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:42 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
halfHAVOC wrote:

Yeah even if that's ur opinion though lol what are you basing Dinwiddie's "big mouth and ego" off of? He just complain's on the court to refs too much but I haven't seen him indicate in anyway he's got a big ego or is a snake or something.
There really isn't anything to indicate what he's saying. Dinwiddie comes across as well spoken, and a likeable dude among NBA players. You can see it in his interactions with his teammates, and the things he says when it comes to prioritizing team. D Lo was just here at Barclays not long ago, calling Dinwiddie "my dude", hugging him, and talking to him at Barclays.
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#80 » by isekii » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:45 pm

I saw the twitter alert and had the WTF moment. Beat down the spurs and mutually part ways ? what in the fkity fk ?
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.

Return to Brooklyn Nets