ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Kings vs Nets - Friday, 08/07/20, 5:00 PM | YES 2

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Re: GT: Kings vs Nets - Friday, 08/07/20, 5:00 PM | YES 2 

Post#41 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:24 pm

Remember when people on here were pissed when the Nets kept Spencer Dinwiddie over Yogi Farrel?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#42 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:24 pm

Paradise wrote:Sigh. I’m hoping it’s nothing but a contusion.

Read on Twitter

If he goes down, we might as well forfeit and leave the bubble.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#43 » by DarkXaero » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:28 pm

With this win, we clinch a playoffs spot.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Kings vs Nets - Friday, 08/07/20, 5:00 PM | YES 2 

Post#44 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:31 pm

We’ve officially made the playoffs FIVE out of 8 years in Brooklyn.

The best is yet to come, guys.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#45 » by MGrand15 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:34 pm

Hope Caris is alright. It looked like the sort of thing he was ready to walk off but who knows with this team. He played heavy minutes too.

Good W. Regardless of what happens, at least the people that said we didn't deserve to be in the bubble at all or were going to get blown out every game can eat some crow. Already beat the Vegas over-under. Solid play from everyone today. Harris + JA killed it though.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#46 » by Born_Ready » Sat Aug 8, 2020 12:00 am

After their performance against Boston I questioned how much this makeshift roster was tapped in. Going against the Kings I was admittinly skeptical, but the Nets persevered. That was good to see, especially when Sacramento went on their run to cut it to 4.

Great game, great win. I hope they can make it a series against the next opponent they face. And, I hope Crawford is a part of that series. Fingers crossed.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#47 » by Stone » Sat Aug 8, 2020 12:01 am

MGrand15 wrote:Hope Caris is alright. It looked like the sort of thing he was ready to walk off but who knows with this team. He played heavy minutes too.

Good W. Regardless of what happens, at least the people that said we didn't deserve to be in the bubble at all or were going to get blown out every game can eat some crow. Already beat the Vegas over-under. Solid play from everyone today. Harris + JA killed it though.

Caris and J both played 36 minutes. Thats why as much as wanted to see Big Jay get that triple double, the smart move under the circumstances was to take him out with three minutes left.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#48 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:47 am

Just looking ahead...we are probably going to get smacked Sunday night. Don't care, I would yank LeVert and Allen early if the game gets out of hand.

We play Orlando Tuesday. I think that's the game that we need to lock down and win by any means.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#49 » by GTR11 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 9:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Just looking ahead...we are probably going to get smacked Sunday night. Don't care, I would yank LeVert and Allen early if the game gets out of hand.

We play Orlando Tuesday. I think that's the game that we need to lock down and win by any means.

Pretty much this. On the other hand though I'd rather lose to Bucks than let Craptor fans remind us about it time to time.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#50 » by therealbig3 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 10:34 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Just looking ahead...we are probably going to get smacked Sunday night. Don't care, I would yank LeVert and Allen early if the game gets out of hand.

Pretty much this. On the other hand though I'd rather lose to Bucks than let Craptor fans remind us about it time to time.

Meh, really don't think Raptors fans care too much. We're a lower seed and would be a heavy underdog...beating us wouldn't really be something they gloat about later, and it's not something we should feel bad about anyway.

The inferiority complex we've attributed to Raptors fans for so many years now is non-existent at this point, because they have nothing to feel inferior about anymore, they're NBA champions, and we're not. So beating us as the heavy favorite...don't think they'd give it a second thought to be honest.

Not to say a couple of fans won't talk smack and remind us about it every now and then, but the fanbase as a whole likely doesn't care.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 8, 2020 10:52 am

therealbig3 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Meh, really don't think Raptors fans care too much. We're a lower seed and would be a heavy underdog...beating us wouldn't really be something they gloat about later, and it's not something we should feel bad about anyway.

The inferiority complex we've attributed to Raptors fans for so many years now is non-existent at this point, because they have nothing to feel inferior about anymore, they're NBA champions, and we're not. So beating us as the heavy favorite...don't think they'd give it a second thought to be honest.

Not to say a couple of fans won't talk smack and remind us about it every now and then, but the fanbase as a whole likely doesn't care.

We are going to lose either way. If we win one game against either team, that in itself will be a victory because it makes the Bucks or Raptors look terrible.

I'm just going to try to enjoy watching the Nets while we can, this isn't going to last much longer. But props to the NBA, they've pulled off something that frankly looked impossible in the face of a pandemic and props to the Nets players who have given us a much needed distraction

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#52 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 8, 2020 10:58 am

Also, Jarrett Allen has been nothing short of excellent in the restart. I hope KD and Kyrie are paying attention

Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by Stone » Sat Aug 8, 2020 7:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:how the hell do you get once of those invites to be a virtual fan? even Andrew Yang is up there

The Nets have a "Lottery" I guess you would call it. I got an E-mail from them because I had a mini plan and they as you to fill out an application and agree to terms. If your chosen I guess they e-mail you back. I haven't heard back yet. But I think we had until the 6TH to apply.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by Stone » Sat Aug 8, 2020 8:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, Jarrett Allen has been nothing short of excellent in the restart. I hope KD and Kyrie are paying attention

I am really excited by Big Jay play during the bubble. I don't know if he is just coming into his own or if Jacque is using him as a "Princeton Offense" type passing center. Or if yesterday was a fluke. But judging by how he has been playing lately I'm optimistic he game is growing.

Return to Brooklyn Nets