Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,811

Re: GT: Nets @ Clippers - Sunday, 08/09/20, 9:00 PM | YES & NBA TV 

Post#121 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:I can't say enough how proud I am of the bubble bunch. That said...LeVert, Allen, Harris, Kurucs. Temple...imagine if these guys didn't have such slow starts?

Talking about impressive. I get the fact they don't have enough data and they didn't get up for us but still.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

By "slow starts", I meant for the season, not last night's game or the restart.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#122 » by NetsJets » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Allen is our starting center. If DJ isn’t on board with that then we must trade him...
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,884

Post#123 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:42 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Hey guys, so are we done with the LeVert slander yet?

He's been carrying us all bubble and Zack Lowe just wrote an article which included a section about his improving efficiency this season.

He will be our third star next season. There is no great argument for trading him.
I don't know why there is the need to feel insecure every time levert plays well. We all want to see him play, I loved what I saw last night and gave him the credit. That being said, the argument to trade him is still 100% valid and last night did nothing to change that.

Sent from my LM-V405 using RealGM mobile app

Yes it did. Your guys's entire argument about trading LeVert was centered around him being a below average efficiency player.

I pointed out numerous times that those states were a fallacy because of his injuries.

Now Zach Lowe has SPECIFICALLY mentioned LeVerts improving efficiency in his 10 things I like column. And LeVert has lead us to several big wins, as our clear best player.

If LeVert can be an average efficiency player at a high volume then why would we even consider trading him for the likes of Lavine or Holiday? Makes no sense at all.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#124 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 pm

NetsJets wrote:Allen is our starting center. If DJ isn’t on board with that then we must trade him...

Nobody will want Jordan's contract.

I never even wanted DJ here. The only reason he came is because Kyrie/KD wanted him as part of the package.

I would way rather just start Allen and work on Claxton being our backup.

Its really a dumb problem created by Kyrie/KD.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:49 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Allen is our starting center. If DJ isn’t on board with that then we must trade him...

I never even wanted DJ here. The only reason he came is because Kyrie/KD wanted him as part of the package.

I think the whole politics of this situation needs to be thrown in the trash. If Allen is playing at this level or better next season, he's markedly better than DeAndre Jordan.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#126 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I think the whole politics of this situation needs to be thrown in the trash. If Allen is playing at this level or better next season, he's markedly better than DeAndre Jordan.

Our number #1 priority is keeping KD & Kyrie happy. It is what it is.

They want Jordan.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#127 » by Papi_swav » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:32 pm

HELL YEAAAAAHHHH lets go baby 7th seed. Now let's spank those Craptors once again and for all like we always do lol. Levert looking like a star out there. Joe Harris stepped his game all the way up and so did Allen. This is going to be fun. I can't stand that little rat kyle Lowry. They have some very good role players over there. But I'm hoping for a huge upset.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#128 » by DarkXaero » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Hey guys, so are we done with the LeVert slander yet?

He's been carrying us all bubble and Zack Lowe just wrote an article which included a section about his improving efficiency this season.

He will be our third star next season. There is no great argument for trading him.
I don't know why there is the need to feel insecure every time levert plays well. We all want to see him play, I loved what I saw last night and gave him the credit. That being said, the argument to trade him is still 100% valid and last night did nothing to change that.

Yes it did. Your guys's entire argument about trading LeVert was centered around him being a below average efficiency player.

I pointed out numerous times that those states were a fallacy because of his injuries.

Now Zach Lowe has SPECIFICALLY mentioned LeVerts improving efficiency in his 10 things I like column. And LeVert has lead us to several big wins, as our clear best player.

If LeVert can be an average efficiency player at a high volume then why would we even consider trading him for the likes of Lavine or Holiday? Makes no sense at all.
This is so ridiculously premature, its hilarious. The argument against Levert isn't just his below average efficiency (a hot stretch or few good games don't change the overall numbers). It's also the fact that he only plays well when he's the main guy on the team, and requires high usage to do well. Last night did nothing to dissuade that notion. He can keep playing like an all star the rest of the bubble and his fit on a team with KD & Kyrie (along Dinwiddie) will still remain a big question mark.

Again, it's nothing to take away from his performance last night, which was awesome, and very Luka esque imo.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#129 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:52 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I don't know why there is the need to feel insecure every time levert plays well. We all want to see him play, I loved what I saw last night and gave him the credit. That being said, the argument to trade him is still 100% valid and last night did nothing to change that.

This is so ridiculously knee jerk, its hilarious. The argument against Levert isn't just his below average efficiency (a hot stretch or few good games don't change the overall numbers). It's also the fact that he only plays well when he's the main guy on the team, and requires high usage to do well. Last night did nothing to dissuade that notion. He can keep playing like an all star the rest of the bubble and his fit on a team with KD & Kyrie (along Dinwiddie) will still remain a big question mark.

Again, it's nothing to take away from his performance last night, which was awesome, and very Luka esque imo.

When LeVert has been healthy he has not been a "below efficiency" player and he has lead us to a winning record.

Those are both undeniable facts.

He's only done it as the "guy" because hes only had the chance to do it as the guy. You're basically saying he can't do it with KD or Kyrie when he hasn't even had the chance to play with either.

Pretty dumb argument. How do I know Lavine could do it if he wasn't "the guy"?
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#130 » by DarkXaero » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

This is so ridiculously knee jerk, its hilarious. The argument against Levert isn't just his below average efficiency (a hot stretch or few good games don't change the overall numbers). It's also the fact that he only plays well when he's the main guy on the team, and requires high usage to do well. Last night did nothing to dissuade that notion. He can keep playing like an all star the rest of the bubble and his fit on a team with KD & Kyrie (along Dinwiddie) will still remain a big question mark.

When LeVert has been healthy he has not been a "below efficiency" player and he has lead us to a winning record.

He's only done it as the "guy" because hes only had the chance to do it as the guy. You're basically saying he can't do it with KD or Kyrie when he hasn't even had the chance to play with either.

Again, Levert has been well below average efficiency for his last 3 seasons, that's the undeniable fact. So if you're gonna make that excuse for him, it means that he hasn't been healthy his entire NBA career. Since you're bringing up Lowe's article including Levert, you conveniently don't want to mention that Lowe talks about how Levert needs to be better off ball to be part of this team next season. Lowe specifically says that Levert shoots a dreadful 31% on catch & shoot 3s and has been bad at that most of his career, and needs to improve drastically there.

Lavine has far superior catch & shoot numbers, and he averaged 19 points per game as a third year player in Minnesota, on low usage (21.7%). The guy knows how to play off ball, and he is really good at it. That's why that case has been made, and why the argument is still legitimate. I personally think that Levert is best suited to be the #1 or #2 guy on a rebuilding or up & coming young team. It's not to knock what Levert can do, the big concern is about how he fits here next to two superstars.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#131 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:53 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

They want Jordan.

Jordan needs to check his ego. If Allen keeps this up there's no justification for him coming off of the bench.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#132 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

They want Jordan.

Jordan needs to check his ego. If Allen keeps this up there's no justification for him coming off of the bench.

I wish bro. But don't see that happening at all. Jordan is going to want to start.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:56 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:This is so ridiculously knee jerk, its hilarious. The argument against Levert isn't just his below average efficiency (a hot stretch or few good games don't change the overall numbers). It's also the fact that he only plays well when he's the main guy on the team, and requires high usage to do well. Last night did nothing to dissuade that notion. He can keep playing like an all star the rest of the bubble and his fit on a team with KD & Kyrie (along Dinwiddie) will still remain a big question mark.

Again, Levert has been well below average efficiency for his last 3 seasons, that's the undeniable fact. So if you're gonna make that excuse for him, it means that he hasn't been healthy his entire NBA career. Since you're bringing up Lowe's article including Levert, you conveniently don't want to mention that Lowe talks about how Levert needs to be better off ball to be part of this team next season. Lowe specifically says that Levert shoots a dreadful 31% on catch & shoot 3s and has been bad at that most of his career, and needs to improve drastically there.

Lavine has far superior catch & shoot numbers, and he averaged 19 points per game as a third year player in Minnesota, on low usage (21.7%). The guy knows how to play off ball, and he is really good at it. That's why that case has been made, and why the argument is still legitimate. I personally think that Levert is best suited to be the #1 or #2 guy on a rebuilding or up & coming young team. It's not to knock what Levert can do, the big concern is about how he fits here next to two superstars.

This is my concern about LeVert. He isn't really good off of the ball, not as good as he is when he's on the ball.

If we keep him and shift him to the primary ball handler of the 2nd unit and trade Dinwiddie, this can work. But I can't see LeVert thriving in the same lineup as Kyrie and KD unless he can start knocking down open threes on catch and shoot situations.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#134 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:56 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:This is so ridiculously knee jerk, its hilarious. The argument against Levert isn't just his below average efficiency (a hot stretch or few good games don't change the overall numbers). It's also the fact that he only plays well when he's the main guy on the team, and requires high usage to do well. Last night did nothing to dissuade that notion. He can keep playing like an all star the rest of the bubble and his fit on a team with KD & Kyrie (along Dinwiddie) will still remain a big question mark.

LeVert has had injuries that last 2 years which have made his stats look a lot worse than they are.

Very few if any players are efficient their first 2 years.

I understand LeVert has had an odd career trajectory. But your basically inability to understand the uselessness of "season stats" when a player is injured is confounding.

It basically renders this discussion with you useless. You're unwilling/unable to apply any semblance of nuance.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#135 » by DarkXaero » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

LeVert has had injuries that last 2 years which have made his stats look a lot worse than they are.

I understand LeVert has had an odd career trajectory. But your basically inability to understand the uselessness of "season stats" when a player is injured is confounding.

It basically renders this discussion with you useless. You're unwilling/unable to apply any semblance of nuance.
Do you realize how **** of an excuse it is that Levert has been "injured" so he couldn't play well? This isn't a short stretch in a season where you can excuse it, its his 4 seasons here. It's one of weakest/worst excuses I've seen to defend a soon-to-be 26 year old player who has often underperformed.

"You're unwilling/unable to apply any semblance of nuance"-Rich coming from the guy who is blinded by blatant fanboyism :lol:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#136 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:15 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Again, Levert has been well below average efficiency for his last 3 seasons, that's the undeniable fact. So if you're gonna make that excuse for him, it means that he hasn't been healthy his entire NBA career. Since you're bringing up Lowe's article including Levert, you conveniently don't want to mention that Lowe talks about how Levert needs to be better off ball to be part of this team next season. Lowe specifically says that Levert shoots a dreadful 31% on catch & shoot 3s and has been bad at that most of his career, and needs to improve drastically there.

Do you realize how **** of an excuse it is that Levert has been "injured" so he couldn't play well? This isn't a short stretch in a season where you can excuse it, its his 4 seasons here. It's one of weakest/worst excuses I've seen to defend a soon-to-be 26 year old player who has often underperformed.

"You're unwilling/unable to apply any semblance of nuance"-Rich coming from the guy who is blinded by blatant fanboyism :lol:

LOL. Injuries never affect season stats!

Look at Steph Curry's stats from this season. He must be absolutely terrible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When LeVert is healthy he plays like a borderline All Star. This bubble has only further proven what everyone with any objectivity knows.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#137 » by DarkXaero » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Look at Steph Curry's stats from this season. He must be absolutely terrible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When LeVert is healthy he plays like a borderline All Star. This bubble has only further proven what everyone with any objectivity knows.
Steph Curry is a multiple time MVP, one of the all time great players, and has a proven body of work, how are you gonna bring him up (5 game sample size) as an analogy? :rofl: :rofl:
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#138 » by GTR11 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Agreed 100 % Hello BK. Most funniest thing is that we have no idea how any of these guys going to fit with KD and Kyrie yet some coming with assumptions like their opinion is more valid. With not knowing who's the coach for the next year's to come.
LeVert already been around KD and Kyrie, understand what's is being asked from him. I'm pretty sure he mentally prepared for what's going to be asked from him, it's just he only needs to show us that on the court.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#139 » by ProspectPark » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:17 pm

LeVert helps us in so many ways. If his shot is not falling, he can break the defender down and get to the rim. If teams take away the drive, he’s got great size and vision to find an open teammate. Because of Kyrie’s injury concerns, and Dinwiddie’s upcoming free agency, I would hate to lose one of the few legit playmakers we have on the team.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#140 » by ProspectPark » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:23 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Again, Levert has been well below average efficiency for his last 3 seasons, that's the undeniable fact. So if you're gonna make that excuse for him, it means that he hasn't been healthy his entire NBA career. Since you're bringing up Lowe's article including Levert, you conveniently don't want to mention that Lowe talks about how Levert needs to be better off ball to be part of this team next season. Lowe specifically says that Levert shoots a dreadful 31% on catch & shoot 3s and has been bad at that most of his career, and needs to improve drastically there.

You’re not expecting a rookie or 2nd year player to be consistent.

When you’re injured your strength and conditioning take a hit.

Btw...What happened to Bradley Beal? You kept telling us he’s on the market and we’re going to trade for him. Now you’re doing the same thing with LaVine. Another guy whose not on the market. Are you going to do this with every SG in the league?

Return to Brooklyn Nets