Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Re: BREAKING (Shams): Joe Harris has left The Bubble 

Post#21 » by Stone » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yea. Dinwiddie last year and Allen last year as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he packaged a few guys .

Dinwiddie is the most likely suspect to be dealt. Allen and Harris are necessary pieces for a championship team.

unless its for another point/combo guard, dinwiddie is vital. a healthy Kyrie gives you 65-70 games. one coming off injury probably gives you closer to 50 with rest. thats 32 games you need a legit starter. Caris can fill that role skill wise, but durability wise he is no less a risk than kyrie to miss 25+ games.

Prok, what's up with the sig and avatar?.....Did I miss a good story?...... :confused:
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Stone wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Dinwiddie is the most likely suspect to be dealt. Allen and Harris are necessary pieces for a championship team.

unless its for another point/combo guard, dinwiddie is vital. a healthy Kyrie gives you 65-70 games. one coming off injury probably gives you closer to 50 with rest. thats 32 games you need a legit starter. Caris can fill that role skill wise, but durability wise he is no less a risk than kyrie to miss 25+ games.

Prok, what's up with the sig and avatar?.....Did I miss a good story?...... :confused:

I lost a sig bet. I honored it
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#23 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Yea. Dinwiddie last year and Allen last year as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he packaged a few guys .

Yup. If Caris was more durable, it would make the prospect of trading Dinwiddie more viable.

But Caris can’t be insurance for Kyrie, if he himself isn’t reliable health wise.

It’ll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with either of them in the offseason.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#24 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:27 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yup. If Caris was more durable, it would make the prospect of trading Dinwiddie more viable.

But Caris can’t be insurance for Kyrie, if he himself isn’t reliable health wise.

It’ll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with either of them in the offseason.

I think one of two things happens.

We trade almost everyone and everything not nailed down for one of the big names bandied about, namely Beal, Embiid or Mitchell.

If that doesn't happen, we trade Caris or Dinwiddie and filler and probably a 1st and a couple 2nd's for Jrue and maybe follow that up with Prince and a pick and/or a guy like Rodi or Claxton, for a 3&D 3/4 man upgrade.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#25 » by DarkXaero » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Looks like Joe's mom passed away, RIP. Condolences to him and his family, losing a parent early is one of the worst things a person can go through.

Edit: Nets confirming:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#26 » by Paradise » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:27 am

Damn.

I remember Joe did a Zoom Interview before the restart detailing about he went through his mom being ill (non-Covid) through the city wide shutdown and he was looking forward to using basketball to get him back to normal.

Condolences to Joe and his family. I lost my mom in 2014 and it hurts every day no matter what age.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#27 » by DarkXaero » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 am

Paradise wrote:Damn.

I remember Joe did a Zoom Interview before the restart detailing about he went through his mom being ill (non-Covid) through the city wide shutdown and he was looking forward to using basketball to get him back to normal.

Condolences to Joe and his family. I lost my mom in 2014 and it hurts every day no matter what age.
It does, but losing at an earlier age can be especially painful with all the regrets, and youthful mistakes where we tend to take things for granted. I lost my father in 2017, and I know how it feels.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

BREAKING (Shams): Joe Harris has left The Bubble 

Post#28 » by Paradise » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 am

DarkXaero wrote:

It does, but losing at an earlier age can be especially painful with all the regrets, and youthful mistakes where we tend to take things for granted. I lost my father in 2017, and I know how it feels.

Definitely.

I lost my mom at 21 to breast cancer. It was found within 3 weeks it was terminal, so we didn’t have time to prepare for death. It’s tough when it effects the past, present and future so deeply.

Joe will think about this when he gets married, when has his first child, wins another award, etc. I often think about it and without a good support system, it could change you.

Every cliche sometimes doesn’t do it justice throughout 24 hours for 365 days. It’s about to be six years for me and it feels like yesterday, so I definitely hope he gets healing and this is also why I wanted to give Kyrie a clean slate when he opened up on the death of his grandfather.

I wanted to do the same after Russell got traded here from the death of his grandmother which happened as his final game as a Laker which he credited to his mental approach post trade.

Losing a loved one matters and sometimes we need to be adults and admit, we put our fandom ahead of humanity at times as sports fans when we don’t think of the things we say on social media as fans in general.

We’re all hurting in one way or another.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,552

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:02 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Looks like Joe's mom passed away, RIP. Condolences to him and his family, losing a parent early is one of the worst things a person can go through.

Edit: Nets confirming:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Awful. I think i heard that Joe's mom was in a battle with cancer. May she rest well and my condolences to the Harris family.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#30 » by Papi_swav » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:32 am

Man that's tough, I feel for Joe and you guys on this post. RIP to your loved ones. I'm getting older and I think about my parents passing from time to time idk why but I understand they are getting older. I just can't imagine losing them and I'm a full grown man. Hope they live another 50 years. Not just mines, to all you guys that have both parents as well or 1. Family is the most important thing in life IMO.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#31 » by GTR11 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Yeah it's always heart breaking when you hear this things. My condolences go to Harris family and friends. It's going to be tough.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#32 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 pm

Paradise wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

Definitely.

I lost my mom at 21 to breast cancer. It was found within 3 weeks it was terminal, so we didn’t have time to prepare for death. It’s tough when it effects the past, present and future so deeply.

Joe will think about this when he gets married, when has his first child, wins another award, etc. I often think about it and without a good support system, it could change you.

Every cliche sometimes doesn’t do it justice throughout 24 hours for 365 days. It’s about to be six years for me and it feels like yesterday, so I definitely hope he gets healing and this is also why I wanted to give Kyrie a clean slate when he opened up on the death of his grandfather.

I wanted to do the same after Russell got traded here from the death of his grandmother which happened as his final game as a Laker which he credited to his mental approach post trade.

Losing a loved one matters and sometimes we need to be adults and admit, we put our fandom ahead of humanity at times as sports fans when we don’t think of the things we say on social media as fans in general.

We’re all hurting in one way or another.

Most certainly man. My mother and I didn't have the best relationship, but I can tell you many times I've thought to myself I wanted to call her and tell her about a promotion I got, something my aunt texted me, my gf's new job, new car, new residence, etc. and then seconds later that sinking feeling cause there's no one there to call anymore.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#33 » by gigantes » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Was it Joe's mother or grandmother who passed away? I seem to be reading both things on the Net.

For example, there's a line or two in a ND article about Alice being his grandmother.

Return to Brooklyn Nets