ImageImageImageImageImage

Harden-watch 2020

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,946
And1: 2,365
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#241 » by Papi_swav » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:54 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:Dang, Trevor getting tossed around like he isn't a quality player.

I mean, he used to be a quality player 5+ years ago. His name/reputation exceeds his actual value.

I would definitely be all over Ariza if he's bought out, I might even trade a future 2nd for him. Solid vet that can be a 3&D wing for us for 10-15 mins.
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 24,888
And1: 11,112
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#242 » by therealbig3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:27 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Teshima Junta wrote:
Read on Twitter


lol at "growing belief". That was pretty obvious from the get go.

If Morey can trade for Harden without giving up Simmons or Embiid, you can hand him EOY right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, that would be unbelievable.

Still, I think that you can read this in a different way. I don't think he's suggesting they can trade for Harden while keeping Joel and Ben, rather that these trades ensure that Joel and Ben can coexist with one another. That was a big question heading into the offseason, and I think that the additions of Green and Curry (while subtracting Horford) have addressed that.


Almost reads to me that Philly may be moving on from Harden and that they’re working on something else to improve the team while maintaining their core of Simmons-Embiid.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,527
And1: 12,997
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#243 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Seems to me that the Sixers are looking to actually maximize their roster instead of going in on Harden. I liked all of their moves last night, surround Simmons and Embiid with shooters.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
GTR11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,210
And1: 1,061
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#244 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Also, Trump is the brokest billionaire, obvs. (Please don't argue, people, I'm a bankruptcy analyst.)
Tillman had real cash flow before COVID. But the Rockets were on the bleeding edge of what he could afford.

Probably it’ll get worse. Elon Musk will buy the team, or something.

Posted by Xiane on Nov 18, 2020 | 9:30 PM


Was going through Houston board :lol: . Dark days over there right now. Add the fact Russ ain't exited to stay there and that dumpster fire will be a thing to watch. They might challenge duh nix for years to come.
GTR11
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,210
And1: 1,061
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#245 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Seems to me that the Sixers are looking to actually maximize their roster instead of going in on Harden. I liked all of their moves last night, surround Simmons and Embiid with shooters.

I don't see Philly creating enough assets to go after Harden. It was hard to say before draft just because Perry could've found some moves. Now it's pretty clear they ain't going to be challenging us anytime soon. Hope we won't overpay anyway.
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,367
And1: 789
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#246 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:If Morey can trade for Harden without giving up Simmons or Embiid, you can hand him EOY right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, that would be unbelievable.

Still, I think that you can read this in a different way. I don't think he's suggesting they can trade for Harden while keeping Joel and Ben, rather that these trades ensure that Joel and Ben can coexist with one another. That was a big question heading into the offseason, and I think that the additions of Green and Curry (while subtracting Horford) have addressed that.


Almost reads to me that Philly may be moving on from Harden and that they’re working on something else to improve the team while maintaining their core of Simmons-Embiid.

This reads like Philly has moved on from Harden. Given the timestamp, it could simply be the Seth Curry trade.
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,367
And1: 789
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#247 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:23 pm

If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,674
And1: 5,056
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#248 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?

No way...they've got a new, expensive arena and one of the league's few box-office superstars. I expect them to get creative and try to find a way to bring in another valuable player.

Considering how some owners are bleeding cash, they might be able to snag a disgruntled star for 50-75 cents on the dollar. I'd be surprised if we don't hear rumbling about GSW contacting HOU and offering a package based around Wiseman and being willing to throw in anyone (outside of Steph) for Harden.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 14,825
And1: 636
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#249 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:00 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?

I think that Steph is the one player they'll keep no matter what. Draymond is showing his age, and they've floated him in a few rumored trades for stars already. They'd like to keep the Splash Brothers together, but IMO if push comes to shove they would deal Klay.

I actually made a trade proposal yesterday, with Klay and the #2 pick for Harden and Gordon (through the Iggy TPE). Golden State reinvigorates their contending hopes, while Houston nabs the biggest name they could hope for, and a high-lotto pick. Thompson's injury may be bad for a contender, but with Fertitta hoping to save $ at every angle, cashing in on the insurance while Klay re-rehabs would be a benefit.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 7,896
And1: 5,839
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#250 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?


I think the Warriors would rather just try to make the playoffs and chase Giannis next off season.

Wiseman, Minny pick, 3 more GS picks, Wiggins contract is still the best value they can get.

Steph/Giannis/Klay next year would probably make them the favorites.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,367
And1: 789
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#251 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Steph will turn 33 this season. That roster, without Klay, is not good enough to be a playoff team in my opinion. I don't know that they would actively shop Curry, but if he requests a trade so that he's not essentially punting another season of his 30s, I think the Warriors would accommodate. The new arena shouldn't matter, especially this season, when there's no guarantee fans will ever be able to attend.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,527
And1: 12,997
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#252 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?


I think the Warriors would rather just try to make the playoffs and chase Giannis next off season.

Wiseman, Minny pick, 3 more GS picks, Wiggins contract is still the best value they can get.

Steph/Giannis/Klay next year would probably make them the favorites.


I dunno. Klay is coming off of an ACL and now an achilles?
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,079
And1: 11,729
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#253 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?


torn achillies for klay. sad.

i dont they move curry. too important to the franchise and fanbase and young enough to rebuild with or just add to still
Teshima Junta
Starter
Posts: 2,175
And1: 2,886
Joined: Jul 11, 2016

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#254 » by Teshima Junta » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Man I'm so sad for Klay :( Such a likable player. As a KD fan, this brings really dark memories for obvious reasons. I'm sure KD called him already and showed his support.

Also I feel it makes sense for the Warriors to go for Harden but I'm not sure the Rockets will entertain sending Harden to the West. Also not sure Harden would like the idea. He wants the Nets only. Sixers won't trade Ben and it's likely the Celtics won't trade Brown + several picks. Nets are still the frontrunners in this Harden race. It's not guaranteed he comes but still the frontrunners so far.
Teshima Junta
Starter
Posts: 2,175
And1: 2,886
Joined: Jul 11, 2016

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#255 » by Teshima Junta » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:20 pm

I have a strong feeling that Giannis won't resign with the Bucks after the mess they did recently. He will go to Miami (his best option) and that team is likely to be better than the current Nets. They already made the final without Giannis. So yeah, they will be so good with him there. Spo is the best coach in the league for me and Miami has top top management. This means Harden will probably be needed to beat that future Miami team. Harden/KD/Kyrie will likely result in the best team in the next 3/4 years no matter what Giannis decides. Let's hope for the best.
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,367
And1: 789
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#256 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?


torn achillies for klay. sad.

i dont they move curry. too important to the franchise and fanbase and young enough to rebuild with or just add to still

How do they rebuild with or add to Curry? Wiseman & future picks are the only things they have of value.

1) Nobody is giving up value for Wiggins right now.
2) I doubt there is much of a market for Draymond.
3) They're already a big tax payer, without using the Iggy trade exception or the Disable Player Exception. They weren't expected to use much of the Iggy TPE because of the tax. It's hard to believe that changes for a slightly better shot at jus making the playoffs.
4) They are paying over $87mil to an injured Klay, Wiggins & Draymond, plus $43mil to Curry. That's basically the entire salary cap for the foreseeable future.

Best case, Curry is 34 before Klay rounds back into form (if he does). I'm not sure you want to rebuild around a 34 year old Curry & a post ACL, post Achilles Klay Thompson.
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,367
And1: 789
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#257 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Teshima Junta wrote:Man I'm so sad for Klay :( Such a likable player. As a KD fan, this brings really dark memories for obvious reasons. I'm sure KD called him already and showed his support.

Also I feel it makes sense for the Warriors to go for Harden but I'm not sure the Rockets will entertain sending Harden to the West. Also not sure Harden would like the idea. He wants the Nets only. Sixers won't trade Ben and it's likely the Celtics won't trade Brown + several picks. Nets are still the frontrunners in this Harden race. It's not guaranteed he comes but still the frontrunners so far.

What are the Warriors giving up for Harden exactly? Wiseman, Wiggins & a pick? Unless Houston LOVES Wiseman, I don't see it.
Teshima Junta
Starter
Posts: 2,175
And1: 2,886
Joined: Jul 11, 2016

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#258 » by Teshima Junta » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Teshima Junta wrote:Man I'm so sad for Klay :( Such a likable player. As a KD fan, this brings really dark memories for obvious reasons. I'm sure KD called him already and showed his support.

Also I feel it makes sense for the Warriors to go for Harden but I'm not sure the Rockets will entertain sending Harden to the West. Also not sure Harden would like the idea. He wants the Nets only. Sixers won't trade Ben and it's likely the Celtics won't trade Brown + several picks. Nets are still the frontrunners in this Harden race. It's not guaranteed he comes but still the frontrunners so far.

What are the Warriors giving up for Harden exactly? Wiseman, Wiggins & a pick? Unless Houston LOVES Wiseman, I don't see it.


Yeah that package but I forgot that they would have to match salaries with Harden I think. Wiggins isn't enough for that. Maybe add another player. Klay's salary is huge and Rockets won't want him now after this tragic injury. So yeah, it's complicated for GSW now to get a big star. Klay's injury is a huge huge blow.
Teshima Junta
Starter
Posts: 2,175
And1: 2,886
Joined: Jul 11, 2016

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#259 » by Teshima Junta » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm

I wish this Harden saga ends before training camp but Rocket's awful owner will most likely make this harder and harder for Harden which is really really shameful after what Harden has done to their franchise. He deserves much better.
User avatar
Basileus777
Head Coach
Posts: 7,349
And1: 1,645
Joined: Jul 13, 2007
Location: New Jersey
 

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#260 » by Basileus777 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:If Klay's injury is really serious, do the Warriors think about moving Curry for a massive haul & push the reset button?


I think the Warriors would rather just try to make the playoffs and chase Giannis next off season.

Wiseman, Minny pick, 3 more GS picks, Wiggins contract is still the best value they can get.

Steph/Giannis/Klay next year would probably make them the favorites.


Chase him with what, the taxpayer mle? They are in cap hell with no chance of clearing space.

Return to Brooklyn Nets