ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 9,117

Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum) 

Post#1 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Netaman
Starter
And1: 333

Re: Shams: Nets sign Jeff Green 

Post#2 » by Netaman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Was a little meh at the MLE but for the league minimum great depth move.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 9,117

Re: Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum) 

Post#3 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Netaman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was a little meh at the MLE but for the league minimum great depth move.

Setting up Prince for Ibaka?
Sharcm1
Sixth Man
And1: 83

Post#4 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Nice move
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 612

Post#5 » by Claud » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Niceee. Perfect fit and good vet.

I thought we used our Ibaka/Milsap money but for vet min? excellent pick up. Let's gooo.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 636

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:24 am

I like the pickup. Green had ties to Durant, D'Antoni and Kyrie, and is a great, versatile bench role player. Welcome Jeff!

That fills 14 slots, and we haven't accounted for Tyler Johnson or Chris Chiozza. That also doesn't count recent draftee Reggie Perry, nor our 2-way Payton clone Jeremiah Martin. We're full, y'all!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 2,441

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:16 pm

I actually love this pickup and have been advocating for him for a couple years. I find it perplexing he's been available so cheap the last 3 or 4 seasons. He's lost a bit of a step, but once people understood who he was as a player, instead of continuing to admire what they wanted him to become and then being let down when they realized he was older and developed already, and was what he was, I always figured he should have been considered one of the premier tier 2, 3&D wings/tweeners, like a Morris twin. But he hasn't, he's just been considered a JAG.

I'm not saying he's a game changer, or needle mover, but we just signed a guy for vet min, who imho, is still 5th best starter on a title team material and that's fantastic.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Starter

Post#8 » by Netaman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:52 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I actually love this pickup and have been advocating for him for a couple years. I find it perplexing he's been available so cheap the last 3 or 4 seasons. He's lost a bit of a step, but once people understood who he was as a player, instead of continuing to admire what they wanted him to become and then being let down when they realized he was older and developed already, and was what he was, I always figured he should have been considered one of the premier tier 2, 3&D wings/tweeners, like a Morris twin. But he hasn't, he's just been considered a JAG.

I'm not saying he's a game changer, or needle mover, but we just signed a guy for vet min, who imho, is still 5th best starter on a title team material and that's fantastic.

Yeah his fit makes a lot more sense than Wilson Chandler last year.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 3,036

Post#9 » by DarkXaero » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I actually love this pickup and have been advocating for him for a couple years. I find it perplexing he's been available so cheap the last 3 or 4 seasons. He's lost a bit of a step, but once people understood who he was as a player, instead of continuing to admire what they wanted him to become and then being let down when they realized he was older and developed already, and was what he was, I always figured he should have been considered one of the premier tier 2, 3&D wings/tweeners, like a Morris twin. But he hasn't, he's just been considered a JAG.

I mean he has been bad more often than not, hence all the different teams over the years. He did find a really good role in Houston though and performed very well in it, so I hope he can do the same here (we have MDA as well).
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 11,729

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:42 am

he is this years wilson chandler. ok player but more name value then actual value at this point.
Netaman
Starter

Post#11 » by Netaman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:he is this years wilson chandler. ok player but more name value then actual value at this point.

Agreed but his game makes a lot more sense here than Chandler's did since he can play the small ball center role. Chandler was just too cooked to add any 3 or D.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 174

Post#12 » by halfHAVOC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:56 am

Great move!
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 11,112

Post#13 » by therealbig3 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:42 am

He's never been a consistent shooter or defender though. I think he can be a really solid bench piece for like 15-20 mpg, but I think there's a reason the guy keeps bouncing around the league, and it's more than just that he's been misused. He's just never been that good.

Return to Brooklyn Nets