ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Shams: Nets Sign Jeff Green (1 year/Vet's Minimum) 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:25 pm

bubonicphoniks wrote:I love me some Uncle Jeff and always have, but 3 years is a no from me.
GTR11 wrote:
Brooklyn’s bench contributed 40 points, led by Jeff Green’s 18. Green signed a one-year deal for the veterans minimum. He’s one of three Nets to play in all 30 games.

The 34-year-old has also emerged as Brooklyn’s leader inside the locker room. Last week, when the Nets fell to the subpar Pistons, Green had a heart-to-heart with the team. Per teammate Joe Harris, Green told the team: “We’ve got to come together or we’re just going to keep having the same talk over and over again.”

The Nets are on a four-game win streak since the talk, jumped the Bucks for the second seed in the Eastern Conference, and are just one game back of the Sixers.

“He’s definitely been a voice of reason,” Steve Nash said of Green last Wednesday. “He provides a lot with his experience and the respect he deserves.”

Marks must resign Uncle Jeff for sure. Guy is pro's pro and he is BALLING CONSISTENTLY. Give him three years mMLE and sign him on a dot. Why no one would give him contract is mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-G998U using RealGM mobile app

Agree. vets min or move on to the next wilson chandler/green type. we need the exceptions to fill bigger issues
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,898

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:I love me some Uncle Jeff and always have, but 3 years is a no from me.
GTR11 wrote:
Marks must resign Uncle Jeff for sure. Guy is pro's pro and he is BALLING CONSISTENTLY. Give him three years mMLE and sign him on a dot. Why no one would give him contract is mind boggling.

Agree. vets min or move on to the next wilson chandler/green type. we need the exceptions to fill bigger issues

Can't we just resign Jeff with bird rights w/o cutting into the mMLE? I would think he's worth another year here. I would do 2 years with a team option.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#23 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Can't we just resign Jeff with bird rights w/o cutting into the mMLE? I would think he's worth another year here.

Yeah i guess we could. but i doubt marks would. paying the repeater tax is one thing, but if you are, replacing green with the next wilson chandler probably goes along with it vs paying green a bigger salary

Return to Brooklyn Nets