Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,564

Re: "Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#201 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Shark wrote:Considering the way they talk about players who decide to speak up on social justice its not all that surprising.

There are dudes admitting in that thread that they engage in the same behavior, some saying that they have said worse. :lol: unbelievable. Who would even be proud to admit that?

Having been called the n word numerous times while playing online, I'm thinking that the use of ethic and racial slurs towards minorities are like breathing for a lot of people on this website.

Yeah... i mean, i cant tell you how many times ive been called the "N" word online playing madden or Call of duty. and im like super white. its an awful microcosm of the racism in this country. like its just common place its ok to go online and on your headset call people the N word in the most deroogotory of ways

What Leonard did is exactly what racist little turds do online. He got caught slipping but I would not be shocked if he was one of those pricks that call people a "f*cking n____r" in call of duty lobbies.

I think he should honestly be blacklisted from the NBA. He actually paused and thought about it before he let the K word fly. He was looking for the worst possible thing to say and aside from the n word he went there. What a garbage human being.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#202 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:13 pm

6's have some 500+ teams to play and two road trips that'll test them. They going to need healthy Biid without missing much games. They won't be able to hold that 1 seed, not with Harden, Blake, Joe, Nic, Kyrie and Brown balling. Our depth and schedule tells me they just won't be able to hold on.

Something about 6's team too. They not good shooting team. If Biid ain't beasting they in trouble.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Is anyone else surprised that posters on the GB are defending Meyers Leonard? God this website is a hell hole.

I cannot for the life of me can imagine how someone can grow up playing team sports, being surrounded by people from all walks of life, and goes around spewing hate.

Having been suspended from the GB 4 times for suggesting racism exsists, white supremecy is wrong, or that blacks dont deserve to be shot for minor traffic vilations... no it does not surprise me at all.

Now Prok, check this out. This is from the wiretap article discussion about the Leonard:

viewtopic.php?p=89423514#p89423514

Thundershock88 wrote:
Ah yes, Jewish privilege strikes again. Imagine having to apologize to an entire community for a "slur" on a video game. It's just an anti semitic conspiracy theory. Just a few years ago, 22 of the 30 NBA owners were Jewish. Including racist Donald Sterling who also got replaced by a Jew. Not to mention Adam Silver and David Stern Nevermind that though, it's just a coincidence.

viewtopic.php?p=89423832#p89423832

Thundershock88 wrote:
They have been expelled over 109 times in history for a reason. I don't really care about anyone's "feelings". Their media propaganda outlets constantly target people like me while they attack my ancestors for their accomplishments and sacrifice and then tell my descendants there is no race or gender all while establishing strict racial power for "non whites".

^^^this dude is a legit neo nazi. I guarantee he will never face a lick of punishment on this forum for spewing this rhetoric.

It's crazy that actually responding harshly to racism is punished more than the actual racism on here. This is flat out hate speech:

Thundershock88 wrote:
The media does constantly attack my race, gender, and sexuality. That is a fact. I don't care about victimhood, only solution.

viewtopic.php?p=89425200#p89425200

You definitely seem to care about a specific kind of solution.

Thundershock88 wrote:
Yes, something a bit more final.
:o :crazy:

Does Howard realize what kind of element has festered onto this website? Does he even care? I'm honestly curious as to how this kind of stuff is okay. This guy is not the only neo nazi I've seen on here. I recall a lot of racist stuff was being said ad nauseum on the political forum leading up to the 2016 election and all of it seemed like it was going unchecked. Now look at it.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#204 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Is anyone else surprised that posters on the GB are defending Meyers Leonard? God this website is a hell hole.

I cannot for the life of me can imagine how someone can grow up playing team sports, being surrounded by people from all walks of life, and goes around spewing hate.

Having been suspended from the GB 4 times for suggesting racism exsists, white supremecy is wrong, or that blacks dont deserve to be shot for minor traffic vilations... no it does not surprise me at all.

Now Prok, check this out. This is from the wiretap article discussion about the Leonard:

Thundershock88 wrote:
Ah yes, Jewish privilege strikes again. Imagine having to apologize to an entire community for a "slur" on a video game. It's just an anti semitic conspiracy theory. Just a few years ago, 22 of the 30 NBA owners were Jewish. Including racist Donald Sterling who also got replaced by a Jew. Not to mention Adam Silver and David Stern Nevermind that though, it's just a coincidence.

Thundershock88 wrote:
They have been expelled over 109 times in history for a reason. I don't really care about anyone's "feelings". Their media propaganda outlets constantly target people like me while they attack my ancestors for their accomplishments and sacrifice and then tell my descendants there is no race or gender all while establishing strict racial power for "non whites".

^^^this dude is a legit neo nazi. I guarantee he will never face a lick of punishment on this forum for spewing this rhetoric.

It's crazy that actually responding harshly to racism is punished more than the actual racism on here. This is flat out hate speech:

Thundershock88 wrote:
The media does constantly attack my race, gender, and sexuality. That is a fact. I don't care about victimhood, only solution.

Thundershock88 wrote:

Does Howard realize what kind of element has festered onto this website? Does he even care? I'm honestly curious as to how this kind of stuff is okay. This guy is not the only neo nazi I've seen on here. I recall a lot of racist stuff was being said ad nauseum on the political forum leading up to the 2016 election and all of it seemed like it was going unchecked. Now look at it.

I mean, there is strong chance Howard doesnt fall from from the tree thundershock88 fell from
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#205 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Thundershock88 wrote:

Thundershock88 wrote:

Thundershock88 wrote:

Thundershock88 wrote:

I mean, there is strong chance Howard doesnt fall from from the tree thundershock88 fell from

Who knows. All I know is, if you rail against racism on the GB you get banned, but this stuff is okay. This isn't the first time I've seen that guy raging about Jewish people and that was 2 years ago on the GB. Mods did absolutely nothing.

There are 4 things that should be automatically a non starter on any form of social media platform because in real life, it gets people killed: racism, Antisemitism, misogyny and homo/transphobia. When you provide a platform that entertains those four things with impunity, you are complicit. What Thundershock88 (I wonder what the 88 stands for?) is spewing is stuff that you regularly find on 4chan, a resthaven for neo nazis and extremists.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#206 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

They just can't help themselves :lol:
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#207 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Embiid dodged a bullet. It's only a deep knee bruise and he could miss two to three weeks, but it could have been a lot worse. He avoided the dreaded ACL, MCL and/or Meniscus tears.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#208 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:54 pm

Biid is brittle af. Same could be said about Kyrie, yet we have some ready to trade Din just because. That's without him going awol. Those who live this min should go and check why Nets where making PO past two years.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#209 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:56 pm

I'm glad Caris is back healthy. Guy beat cancer like it ain't nothing. I'll be cheering for Indy whenever Nets off.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#210 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:09 am

LeVert has 13pts 4rebs 2asts so far in his return.

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#211 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:23 am

GTR11 wrote:I'm glad Caris is back healthy. Guy beat cancer like it ain't nothing. I'll be cheering for Indy whenever Nets off.

Same here. God bless him and please keep him cancer free.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#212 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:LeVert has 13pts 4rebs 2asts so far in his return.

That's so good to hear.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#213 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:25 am

Indy going to be problem. Hope they get top 6 seed, not exited to see them in a first round. Caris getting his game together.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#214 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:13 pm

So happy to see this guy back and healthy

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#215 » by therealbig3 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:14 pm

And now I'm rooting for the Knicks tonight lol. Let's see that defense against Philly now.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#216 » by therealbig3 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:38 am

Damn does everyone just choke against the Sixers down the stretch? Bucks gave up a 7 point lead in 40 seconds. OT now, wtf...
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#217 » by Shark » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:46 am

Well Giannis decided to ether the Sixers in OT.

NVM, the Bucks decided to take the last minute off. Looks like they're going to give it up again.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#218 » by therealbig3 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:56 am

Finally! Felt like the 2013 season all over again, where we kept getting as close as possible to the division title, but never actually got there all season, and then ultimately fell short without ever being at the top once.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#219 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:25 pm

On this day, 3 years ago:

Boston:
-Tatum, Brown
-Kyrie, Horford, Heyward, Morris
-7 1st rounders the next 3 years

Nets:
-Owed to swaps to Boston
-no lotto pick despite being the worst team
-core of Lin/RHJ/Levert/Booker/Lopez

Fast forward... ainge cant find even 1 decent bench piece among 7 firsts, all 4 of his FA signings leave for nothing as the Celtics blame it all on Kyrie.

Kyrie goes to the Nets, brings KD, Harden forces his way over, Nets hit homeruns on guys like allen/claxton and are now clear title favorites while boston will be in the playin round to make the post season

Absolute HIGH comedy. Boston has all kinds of major internal issues years after Kyrie left while Kyrie is having an MVP season for us. we get bench pieces with low picks and buyout guys falling over themselves to be here without even spending the MLE.

Boston is screwed once Brown leaves, which he will since he wants to be the man and that wont happen with Tatum. he also is a social justice warrior and boston being a racist place will eventually wear on him and the media will turn on him at some point and already kind of are right now.

Couldnt happen to a worse group of fans. i remeber them cheering injury for us so they would get a better pick.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#220 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Lowry says he wants to go to a contender and compete for a title.

Thats big trouble for us if he goes to the heat or philly. I think both would beat us in a 7 game series if they landed him. He is a 2-way game changer and the piece each team is missing and has been our cryptonite.

Simmons/embiid/Lowry or Bam/Jimmy/Lowry is an all-time great defensive core

Return to Brooklyn Nets