Re: "Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#262 » by Karate Diop » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:47 am

Blazers signed Rondae.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#263 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:15 am

Jalen Suggs is going to be a MONSTER in the NBA. Best game winner I’ve seen in years.

Read on Twitter
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#264 » by GTR11 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:05 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This guy is Mets, Jets and Knicks fan :lol: yet talking smack.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#265 » by GTR11 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:17 am

Wild Wild West going to fun this year no matter if LBJ and AD 100%. Jazz, Denver and Clippers looking legit.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,857

Post#266 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:49 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

He sounds pressed. I hope he can find peace.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#267 » by Lamak » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:33 pm

rondae hollis jefferson on the trailblazers is a good pickup
Brooklyn Nets
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#268 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

He sounds pressed. I hope he can find peace.

Knicks fans if the Nets lose:

Knicks fans if the Nets win:
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM

Post#269 » by GTR11 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

:lol:
Paradise

"Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#270 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:54 am

Lol at the Celtics.

I can’t wait to see the reaction when Jayson Tatum asks for a trade to LA in his prime years. This dude ain’t putting up with this **** in 4 years when LeBron is one foot in retirement.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Re: 

Post#271 » by Papi_swav » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:37 am

Paradise wrote:Lol at the Celtics.

I can’t wait to see the reaction when Jayson Tatum asks for a trade to LA in his prime years. This dude ain’t putting up with this **** in 4 years when LeBron is one foot in retirement.

I bet he wish he was in BK. We'll take when KD retires. He'll just ditch the saltics like Kyrie did.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#272 » by Claud » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:17 pm

Tatum is a good shot maker and scorer but what else does he bring?

It takes so much more than just being a good scorer to be a superstar.

I don't see how he makes others better. He isn't a great defender or playmaker, and not a leader either.

He is not a HOF level player, more like average allstar player.

You won't win **** with him as your best or even 2nd best player unless he dramatically improves in other facets of his game that lead to winning.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#273 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:26 pm

Claud wrote:Tatum is a good shot maker and scorer but what else does he bring?

I don't see how he makes others better. He isn't a great defender or playmaker, and not a leader either.

You won't win **** with him as your best or even 2nd best player unless he dramatically improves in other facets of his game that lead to winning.

To be fair hes only 23. Huge room for improvement.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#274 » by Papi_swav » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:49 pm

Claud wrote:Tatum is a good shot maker and scorer but what else does he bring?

I think he's a pretty solid defender too and good rebounder. But yea he can improve in being a leader and passing etc.. he's still very young.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Re: 

Post#275 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:30 pm

I can't even imagine Boston trading a young All Star and franchise cornerstone to the Lakers. I never doubt you, P, you always seem to have your finger on the pulse of NBA inner circle insight. I just think that the only way he could get to Los Angeles is as a UFA.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise

"Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#276 » by Paradise » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:53 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

I can't even imagine Boston trading a young All Star and franchise cornerstone to the Lakers. I never doubt you, P, you always seem to have your finger on the pulse of NBA inner circle insight. I just think that the only way he could get to Los Angeles is as a UFA.

Yeah, I meant that as in he will definitely go to the Lakers as a free agent in 2026. He’ll be 28. Anthony Davis will be a FA in 2025.

Jayson Tatum told himself growing up that ‘I’m going to play for the Lakers’

NBA player Jayson Tatum reveals he wanted to play for Los Angeles Lakers. Coming into the league in 2017, Tatum was the #3 pick for the Boston Celtics. Idealizing LA Lakers from his childhood, Tatum’s hero was Kobe Bryant. He reveals that growing up he wanted to play alongside him. But as the LA Lakers picked up Lonzo Ball #2 pick in the same year’s draft, it broke Jayson Tatum’s heart.

A younger Jayson Tatum may have found that hard to fathom.

"I used to hate Boston," Tatum recently revealed on The Ringer's The Bill Simmons Podcast.

His reasoning? The Black Mamba was his idol.

"No, my favorite player was Kobe," Tatum said. "Even before then, like when I was like 4 or 5, I'd just always tell—my mom would ask me what I wanted to be when I got older. And I would just be like, 'I wanna be Kobe.' She’d be like, 'You wanna be in the NBA?' 'No, like, I wanna be Kobe.' He was just my favorite player. I had his posters, all his jerseys. That was my guy."

Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#277 » by Kiddlovesnets » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:30 am

Drummond put up 15/12 in his 2nd game with Lakers, he dominated in the paint against the Heat and destroyed Bam Adebayo(13/7 with 5 fouls). I feel that the Lakers have better rosters than us without Spencer, we will need him to get ready for the playoffs to have an edge over the Lakers. Funny the media and other fans got so upset at us picking up Griffin and Aldridge, and no one seems to be complaining about Lakers getting a prime all-star double double machine for free on the buyout market.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#278 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:39 am

Kiddlovesnets wrote:Drummond put up 15/12 in his 2nd game with Lakers, he dominated in the paint against the Heat and destroyed Bam Adebayo(13/7 with 5 fouls). I feel that the Lakers have better rosters than us without Spencer, we will need him to get ready for the playoffs to have an edge over the Lakers. Funny the media and other fans got so upset at us picking up Griffin and Aldridge, and no one seems to be complaining about Lakers getting a prime all-star double double machine for free on the buyout market.

I would encourage you to check out Andre's career plus/minus, OFF/DEF and other advanced statistics. He's a true defensive force, but he drags down his team's offense immensely. He puts up gaudy numbers, but his impact on winning is very much like Taurean Prince. Don't worry about him, we have 3, count em, 3 centers on our roster better than Drummond.

Truthfully, the Lakers aren't coming out of the West, so you shouldn't worry about them anyway. Even if LBJ and AD can get fully healthy, the team around them is just not good. I'd love it for the narrative, but they probably will not even make the WCF's. If we are fortunate enough to compete on the NBA's highest stage, I expect the Clippers to be our opponent.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#279 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:53 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:Drummond put up 15/12 in his 2nd game with Lakers, he dominated in the paint against the Heat and destroyed Bam Adebayo(13/7 with 5 fouls). I feel that the Lakers have better rosters than us without Spencer, we will need him to get ready for the playoffs to have an edge over the Lakers. Funny the media and other fans got so upset at us picking up Griffin and Aldridge, and no one seems to be complaining about Lakers getting a prime all-star double double machine for free on the buyout market.

lol. You obviously didnt watch much of the Miami/Lakers game if you think drummond "dominated the paint". Drummond was probably the reason why the lakers lost. he was AWFUL. it was a layup line/dunk fest for the heat as drummond stood their like a statue. He also didnt "destroy Bam". Bam was in foul trouble sure, but the time he was on the floor, he pretty much made drummond irrelevant. blocked him, drove past him at will. finisihed in his face.

People are not complaining about drummond because drummond as an enormous negative who makes every team he plays on worse. He is going to have the lakers fighting to stay out of the play-in seed.

absolutely no one is worried about drummond except maybe the lakers coaches
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#280 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:54 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

I would encourage you to check out Andre's career plus/minus, OFF/DEF and other advanced statistics. He's a true defensive force, but he drags down his team's offense immensely. He puts up gaudy numbers, but his impact on winning is very much like Taurean Prince. Don't worry about him, we have 3, count em, 3 centers on our roster better than Drummond.

Truthfully, the Lakers aren't coming out of the West, so you shouldn't worry about them anyway. Even if LBJ and AD can get fully healthy, the team around them is just not good. I'd love it for the narrative, but they probably will not even make the WCF's. If we are fortunate enough to compete on the NBA's highest stage, I expect the Clippers to be our opponent.

Co-sign.

Drummond doesnt help you win. and he does a lot to ensure you lose. There is a reason many here were saying "Pass" on drummond even for free as a buyout signing and why i prefered mcgee if we were gonna get a cavs center.

Return to Brooklyn Nets