ImageImageImageImageImage

"Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: All other games to discuss on Nets board. 

Post#61 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:53 am

I'm not sure why Zion scared to shoot. They going to be Milwaukee Bucks of the West.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#62 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 am

Utah made biggest mistake of them all. Gobert contract will be reason Spider will leave. Not good enough to compete vs many teams.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#63 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:28 am

GTR11 wrote:Other boards seem to have one so I took it upon myself to make one. Also I got kicked out from GB :-? .

Good work getting kicked from the GB.

You will never find a more wretched hive of brainwashed scum and villainy.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#64 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:05 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Other boards seem to have one so I took it upon myself to make one. Also I got kicked out from GB :-? .

Good work getting kicked from the GB.

You will never find a more wretched hive of brainwashed scum and villainy.

They became to sensentive :lol: . Yet allow others to troll to their own convenience. My mistake was I got caught up. Should've known better.
GTR11
RealGM

Re: "Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#65 » by GTR11 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:37 am

He ain't wrong. Also it ain't how you start its how you finish. I get the hot takes are fun, just be careful, might end up looking silly. Than most wont take your opinion seriously at all.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Give this team time. Every game will be telling us something new.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#66 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 am

This is possibly the fairest and most accurate "hot take" I've seen about us from any journalist outside of our beat writers. I have not heard of Seerat before, but she's a heckuva writer.

https://sports.yahoo.com/is-winning-everything-as-the-nbas-antiheroes-the-nets-big-3-could-upend-superstar-norms-004850714.html
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,022

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:16 pm

GTR11 wrote:He ain't wrong. Also it ain't how you start its how you finish. I get the hot takes are fun, just be careful, might end up looking silly. Than most wont take your opinion seriously at all.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Give this team time. Every game will be telling us something new.

The Nets have to work out the kinks chemistry wise and we need to add players to the roster to help depth. I'm not concerned at all.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

"Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#68 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Well, damn. We need a Josh Jackson.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Re: 

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:49 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Well, damn. We need a Josh Jackson.

Lol @ the ref hearing that and doing nothing. He must have heard worse

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:37 pm

It blows my mind just how dumb GB/Boston fans are...
GSP wrote:Vucevic

34/10/7/5 .77ts

Giannis

34/12/7/2 .57ts

Drummond

19/16/4/2 .64ts

Bam so far 12/1/1/1 in the 1st quarter

This team is done

theyre gonna have to play Sabonis, Giannis, Embiid, Bam, Ad in a series maybe Vucevic

they have 0 shot of winning anything this season

1) He points out Vucevic lit us up = NETS WON THE GAME
2) He points out Giannis lit us up = NETS WON THE GAME
3) He points outBam lit us u = NETS WON BOTH GAMES

He ignores the fact that those 3 plays obliterated us last year as well. Like Vucevic destroys us every time we play them.

His evidence for "nets have 0 shot of winning" is a bunch of games we won :lol:

Obviously perry needs to go for someone like McGee but man they are grasping at straws. same morons saying Kyrie is taking shots from harden despite 100% deferring to him and transitioning to an off ball player. still butt hurt from kyrie waxing them on christmas

one last shot wrote: better not to worry about Lakers in the Finals for now, worry about Embiid, Bam and Giannis in the East. :wink:

another gem. we should "worry" about teams we are a combined 4-0 against.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#71 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:55 am

RIP Sekou Smith. Wow. I can’t believe it. I literally just watched him on NBA TV less than a week ago. Loved reading his columns.

Stunned.

Read on Twitter
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,918

Post#72 » by GSP » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:21 am

Prokorov wrote:It blows my mind just how dumb GB/Boston fans are...

34/10/7/5 .77ts

Giannis

34/12/7/2 .57ts

Drummond

19/16/4/2 .64ts

This team is done

theyre gonna have to play Sabonis, Giannis, Embiid, Bam, Ad in a series maybe Vucevic

He ignores the fact that those 3 plays obliterated us last year as well. Like Vucevic destroys us every time we play them.

Obviously perry needs to go for someone like McGee but man they are grasping at straws. same morons saying Kyrie is taking shots from harden despite 100% deferring to him and transitioning to an off ball player. still butt hurt from kyrie waxing them on christmas

one last shot wrote: better not to worry about Lakers in the Finals for now, worry about Embiid, Bam and Giannis in the East. :wink:

Orlando was missing like half their roster. Congrats on barely beating them down to the wire :lol:

And you didnt bring up the 2 Cavs games? How did those go? :oops:

Miami was missing Jimmy, Bradley and Herro in both games :lol: and for like 7 straight quarters you guys were basically dead even and nearly blew the 1st game :lol: :lol:

Defense and depth are integral to championships and yall have neither
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#73 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 am

GSP wrote:

34/10/7/5 .77ts

Giannis

34/12/7/2 .57ts

Drummond

19/16/4/2 .64ts

This team is done

Orlando was missing like half their roster. Congrats on barely beating them down to the wire :lol:

Miami was missing Jimmy, Bradley and Herro in both games :lol: and for like 7 straight quarters you guys were basically dead even and nearly blew the 1st game :lol: :lol:

Yet we still won. The team is 4-2 since the trade, despite only having the big 3 for 3 of those games, still getting aclimated, and finding chemistry.

you keep getting Ls and taking moral victories for excusing away the wins.

Miami was missing butler/herro. tell us again who milwaukee was missing? oh right. no one.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,918

Post#74 » by GSP » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
GSP wrote:

Yet we still won. The team is 4-2 since the trade, despite only having the big 3 for 3 of those games, still getting aclimated, and finding chemistry.

you keep getting Ls and taking more victories for excusing away the wins.

Miami was missing butler/herro. tell us again who milwaukee was missing? oh right. no one.

The Bucks win was very very impressive specially down the stretch

Im just saying tho your big man situation is as bad as any contender I can remember in recent history. Its gonna bite you in the ass all playoffs and I dont think your role players are any good besides Joe Harris, Jeff Green and Bruce Brown. Thats 6 legit players you can trust including the big 3 and its 0 bigs. Kd/Jeff can do well enough at the 4 and Kd lowkey shut Bam down in the 2nd half when he was on him but without a legit piece down low for post/pick and roll defense, rim protection and catching lobs/rolls you just have a massive glaring weakness that teams have exploited all season
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#75 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 am

GSP wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GSP wrote:

you keep getting Ls and taking more victories for excusing away the wins.

The Bucks win was very very impressive specially down the stretch

Im just saying tho your big man situation is as bad as any contender I can remember in recent history. Its gonna bite you in the ass all playoffs and I dont think your role players are any good besides Joe Harris, Jeff Green and Bruce Brown. Thats 6 legit players you can trust including the big 3 and its 0 bigs. Kd/Jeff can do well enough at the 4 and Kd lowkey shut Bam down in the 2nd half when he was on him but without a legit piece down low for post/pick and roll defense, rim protection and catching lobs/rolls you just have a massive glaring weakness that teams have exploited all season

Role playing defensive bigs are one of the easiest things to find. Nets will add McGee and Henson or something along those lines. come playoffs nets will mostly go small with KD at the 5 and force teams to adust anyhow.

you wont beat the nets by having your big score a ton. the games the nets lost, smalls killed them. and most of that is our pick and roll defense. once nash realizes switching that makes us average instead of poor, its lights out
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: 

Post#76 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:40 am

Paradise wrote:RIP Sekou Smith. Wow. I can’t believe it. I literally just watched him on NBA TV less than a week ago. Loved reading his columns.

Stunned.

Read on Twitter

Dude this **** is so sad. Was just saying that I was just watching him on NBATV last week and he seemed fine. I've read a lot of stuff that Covid is showing a lot of damage to the heart and brain of some of those infected, have to wonder if that's what happened? Regardless, just truly tragic, not an old man by any means and unless he had some serious condition that he kept personal(which is very possible), he seemed to be in good health. Sad and scary.

Rest In Power, Sekou Smith.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Re: 

Post#77 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Paradise wrote:RIP Sekou Smith. Wow. I can’t believe it. I literally just watched him on NBA TV less than a week ago. Loved reading his columns.

Stunned.

Read on Twitter

Oh my god, what the hell!??!

Rest well Sekou, this is horrible. He was so young :nonono:

GTR11
RealGM

Post#78 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 am

Seeding will be very important the way I see it. 6's is the last team I want to see. Rather see trash like Saltics and Bucks.
Nic can't come soon enough. Not that he'll stop Biid but thats 6 fouls right there, he also can guard perimeter.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Let see how he'll look on the court, took Allen three years to put up some muscle.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#79 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:50 am

We supper lucky we didn't settle and got top dog. Remember days when people were ready to send entire team and future for him :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Its sad to see Russ finish his career like that. On the other hand he never worked on his jumper like that and got nice retirement contract.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#80 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:58 am

Twitter will always provide :rofl:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Brooklyn Nets