GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Mon, 12/28/20 | 7:30pm | YES & NBATV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Re: GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Mon, 12/28/20 | 7:30pm | YES & NBATV 

Post#321 » by Claud » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Thoughts on the game and overall season so far:

- Nash being a rookie coach is an important variable to keep an eye on. He's an impressive communicator off the court however his on the court performance leaves a lot to be desired so far. Rotations have been QUESTIONABLE to say the least, offense looks predictable, our timeout plays don't look that good(Kenny's specialty), Not staggering KD/Ky, etc.

- Kyrie and KD are monsters and the main reason we are contenders. KD is incredible and Kyrie looks like MVP level player this season. When they don't play we become very average even with all the depth not to mention Dinwiddie's injury. We haven't found a way to maximize our depth 3-10 yet.

- Caris has continued his aggresive play from the bubble but his efficiency isn't great at all. I understand he had to chuck a lot last night without KD/Ky/Din, not to mention he had 10+ assist but I feel like he played OUT of control. He needs to relax a bit and stop forcing it so much because it kills his effectiveness. Must find the perfect controlled aggression to become a better player. I have noticed his defense has IMPROVED + has continued with his improvement in playmaking.

- DJ is not and should not be a starter if we want to do anything meaningful this season. He is AWFUL defensively not to mention a liablity on offense. He should be used off the bench conservatively, also give him minutes vs bigger Centers where you'd hope he would be more effective but even last night he got cooked by Valanciunas. He can have a good game here and there but Jarrett Allen is VASTLY superior in all aspects and we are hindering our team performance due to DJ's lackdaisical play. Fro should start and average 30mpg+ without any doubts + we should start giving our rook Perry some of DJ's minutes.

- Prince has always been terrible for us even last season so I'm not surprised he's stunk the joint once again. He plays with very low BBIQ on both offense and defense. I understand he was a good shooter in ATL but we haven't seen much of it in BK. Time to give Kurucs, TLC, Perry, Brown + others a shot to contribute because Prince has been putrid simply put. I wish him success but we are in win now mode and can't afford his poor play any longer. Nash must make a change asap.

- Jeff Green has been a pleasant surprise. Did not have any expectation but he plays with high IQ both ways plus can still hit a 3. Great pick up.

- Shamet has really struggled so far but I'm willing to give him more time since he's new not to mention a career 40% from 3. At some point he should get cooking. I think he plays decent defense, not great but solid enough if he can start hitting his 3s more consistently.

- I'm glad we kept Harris and so far he's been just as good as last season. Well worth the price for us because he takes off the pressure from KD/Ky to do their thing. He's also been taking more contested shots which i don't mind since he is that good.

- TLC has been excellent since the Bubble and I was shocked he was NOT part of the rotation to start the year, especially when guys like Prince are getting a shot when he's never done anything for our team. Glad to see him start to get some more minutes now. TLC will be the next success story from our developement program(Joe Harris, Dinwiddie, etc.)

- So far it's not time to panic yet, we have enough to be a contender even without Dinwiddie but the Lakers are the clear favorites.
I still think this will be a successful season as long as KD/Kyrie stay healthy and can ball. I hope the other things like rotations, coaching, etc can be figured out just in time for playoffs time which is what really matters at the end of the day.

My rotation as of today would be:

Kyrie/Harris/TLC/KD/Allen
Caris/Shamet/Kurucs/Green/DJ

And give some of DJ's minutes to Perry + some of Kurucs minutes to Brown to see who can produce more. Healthy competition.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#322 » by Stone » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:30 am

TLC needs to more careful with those cross court passes, other teams scouting us are going to waiting on him to give up an easy turnover.

I had a really bad feeling when I saw DJ coming out to start OT. I would have went with Jay.

So far two close winnable games that were losses. Are we really better off without Kenny?
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#323 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Stone wrote:TLC needs to more careful with those cross court passes, other teams scouting us are going to waiting on him to give up an easy turnover.

I had a really bad feeling when I saw DJ coming out to start OT. I would have went with Jay.

So far two close winnable games that were losses. Are we really better off without Kenny?

Allen was our worst defensive player vs. memphis. you can argue he should start, but no way he should have been on the floor in OT

Return to Brooklyn Nets