ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Khashbaatar
Sophomore
Posts: 217
And1: 98
Joined: Jul 07, 2019
 

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#141 » by Khashbaatar » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:45 am

Sharcm1 wrote:And who ever said levert was a horrible 3 point shooter needs to watch this game.

He is not a consistent 3pt shooter. Short spurts of hot shooting happen sporadically, then he regresses to the mean, goes 0-8.
User avatar
Stone
Starter
Posts: 2,231
And1: 431
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Jersey
 

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#142 » by Stone » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:46 am

• We dug ourselves into a huge hole in the first quarter. And it continued until the last minute and change of the second.

• It was really a text book game of runs. They had theirs we had ours. It took a lot for us to come back from down 22.

• The turn overs killed us and a lot of them were unforced. We just did not have high level communication.

• They beat us on the boards as well.

• Nash F***** up leaving DJ in. No way to sugar coat it.

• Caris gave a great effort and was entertaining to watch, but a few bonehead hero ball mistakes kind of took the shine off.

• In other words....would have , should have, could have
User avatar
Sharcm1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,813
And1: 141
Joined: Jun 15, 2002

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#143 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:47 am

0-8 was shamet.

Yes levert isn’t consistent with it. But he’s not horrible. He takes bad shots sometimes.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#144 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:49 am

Stone wrote:• We dug ourselves into a huge hole in the first quarter. And it continued until the last minute and change of the second.

• It was really a text book game of runs. They had theirs we had ours. It took a lot for us to come back from down 22.

• The turn overs killed us and a lot of them were unforced. We just did not have high level communication.

• They beat us on the boards as well.

• Nash F***** up leaving DJ in. No way to sugar coat it.

• Caris gave a great effort and was entertaining to watch, but a few bonehead hero ball mistakes kind of took the shine off.

• In other words....would have , should have, could have


I'm not gonna blame nash for not bringing in Allen. they already skunked the lead with turnovers. and the first play allen was in it was another turnover.

your second to last point was spot on. Caris played out of his mind, but too much heroball at the end spoiled a great effort. cant say he cost us the game since he was basically the reason we were even in it, but horrible close.

Turnovers continue to plague us. cant turn it over 20 times and win very often
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 8,433
And1: 6,253
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#145 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:51 am

The complete lack of offensive play calling is the reason I blame Nash.

Nobody on this team looks like they have any clue what they are doing.

Nash is looking like Jason Kidd 2.0

I don't understand why we had to take this type of risk when Ty Lue and Doc Rivers were out there as options. Hire someone who knows how to coach an NBA offense.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#146 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Jordan getting extended mins was 100% political. He has done nothing to warrant the time that he got. It cost us a win


Not it wasnt. Jordan didnt turn it over 7 times in the last 6 minutes of this game. that was the rest of the team that was on the floor. after he came out, it wasnt any better, with 2 immediate turnovers and a near air ball
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#147 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Not sure how anyone can say that DJ and Allen are essentially the same level player though. DJ is literally a statue on the defensive glass, barely moves his feet on defense, and is useless offensively outside of hitting a cutter here and there.

Like, for the supposed enforcer on our team, why do we get wrecked in the paint and on the glass whenever he's out there? Not only that, but we also give up a ton of open 3s too. It isn't nearly that bad with Allen out there.

I don't think opposing players are afraid of Jordan in the paint at all. Quite the contrary, I think their eyes light up, cuz they know he's basically a statue who won't contest half the time cuz he just wants to pad his rebounding numbers.


Jordan is awful and is lazy as hell. How many offensive rebounds did we give up in the late 4th?

Pure politics. Jordan probably whined about his declining minutes or something and Nash chose to manage egos instead of winning the damn game.I've been sour on Jordan since Kenny got fired and he hasn't changed my opinion one bit.

Allen is the superior player. We saw him battle two top 5 centers and he came out victorious. He should be playing 32+ mins a night


this is just trash character assassination pulling stuff out of air. This is worse then the media stuff and lies about kyrie.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#148 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:56 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:The complete lack of offensive play calling is the reason I blame Nash.

Nobody on this team looks like they have any clue what they are doing.

Nash is looking like Jason Kidd 2.0

I don't understand why we had to take this type of risk when Ty Lue and Doc Rivers were out there as options. Hire someone who knows how to coach an NBA offense.


they did. mike d'antoni.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 8,433
And1: 6,253
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#149 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:57 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:The complete lack of offensive play calling is the reason I blame Nash.

Nobody on this team looks like they have any clue what they are doing.

Nash is looking like Jason Kidd 2.0

I don't understand why we had to take this type of risk when Ty Lue and Doc Rivers were out there as options. Hire someone who knows how to coach an NBA offense.


they did. mike d'antoni.


Well clearly D'Antoni isn't running the show or has lost it since I've never seen our play calling look worse.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,750
And1: 1,679
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#150 » by MGrand15 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:02 am

Overall, this game was fine. This is the 2nd half of a back to back so guys couldn't play heavy minutes. The team had zero energy in the 1st half. The 2nd unit gave us nothing. We battled back hard in the 3rd. Sloppy play never let us pull away. Can't be too mad at this game even if the end leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

- I'm not a big fan of huge adjustments mid-game, I like letting people work through struggles and assessing after. I do like that Nash willing to just bench guys sometimes. Chiozza was horrible in the 1st half. Bruce Brown was the backup PG in the 2nd half. It didn't really work great cause TLC and Shamet were taking turns throwing up bricks. But I like the idea behind it.
- We could've easily laid down after being down 22. 2nd half of a B2B. Our 2 best players out. Good to see the team fight. Showed a lot of intensity in the 3rd until our sloppiness took over.
- LeGOAT made a return tonight. He had some bad TOs but he was just amazing today. Definitely deserved a W.
- Shamet is really disappointing man. I loved the trade when it happened. I hope he can find a role here. Even today, he shot 2 for 5 from 3. It felt like he was a negative. Philly and LA loved running JJ Redick style sets for him. Maybe we need to mix in more of that.
- The JA and DJ thing. I don't even know what to say. DJ wasn't terrible for all of his minutes but JA was just a lot better. On both ends. He needs to finish the game. We made a run in the 4th - but it had nothing to do with DJ.

Hopefully we can carry this momentum when KD + Kyrie come back.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#151 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:The complete lack of offensive play calling is the reason I blame Nash.

Nobody on this team looks like they have any clue what they are doing.

Nash is looking like Jason Kidd 2.0

I don't understand why we had to take this type of risk when Ty Lue and Doc Rivers were out there as options. Hire someone who knows how to coach an NBA offense.


they did. mike d'antoni.


Well clearly D'Antoni isn't running the show or has lost it since I've never seen our play calling look worse.


I mean outside of levert with TJ out your only option as an offense creater is a d-league 5 foot nothing guard in chiozze who stunk it up early. and even with that we still dropped 110 on solid efficiency.

its the turnovers that are killing us offensively. hard to coach that out with 1 nba level point guard on the active roster
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 35,681
And1: 13,663
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#152 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:07 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jordan getting extended mins was 100% political. He has done nothing to warrant the time that he got. It cost us a win


Not it wasnt. Jordan didnt turn it over 7 times in the last 6 minutes of this game. that was the rest of the team that was on the floor. after he came out, it wasnt any better, with 2 immediate turnovers and a near air ball


I stated that LeVert's hero ball was the real backbreaker, I agree. However, there is zero justification for leaving Allen on the bench until 2-3 mins left in the game, Allen was playing solid 12/6/6/1/1 with 6-7 FTs. Nash screwed up. He should have had him in earlier. Allen has earned the right to start and finish games.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#153 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jordan getting extended mins was 100% political. He has done nothing to warrant the time that he got. It cost us a win


Not it wasnt. Jordan didnt turn it over 7 times in the last 6 minutes of this game. that was the rest of the team that was on the floor. after he came out, it wasnt any better, with 2 immediate turnovers and a near air ball


I stated that LeVert's hero ball was the real backbreaker, I agree. However, there is zero justification for leaving Allen on the bench until 2-3 mins left in the game, Allen was playing solid 12/6/6/1/1 with 6-7 FTs. Nash screwed up. He should have had him in earlier. Allen has earned the right to start and finish games.


Back to back and allen played every minute of the 3rd quarter. He had allen at the scorers table at 2:30. so he waited a minute longer. probably not the best decision but again, that was absolutely inconsequential. we turned it over several times before and after DJ went out.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 35,681
And1: 13,663
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#154 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:12 am

Overall, I'm not mad. We are in a good position record wise and we saw a lot of good things out of this roster over these last 3 games. Jarrett Allen has taken a step upwards and has showed that he can handle physicality and his confidence is where it should be. I'm optimistic.

We get Kyrie and KD back Sunday, I think we should definitely go with Irving/Brown/Prince/KD/Allen with LeVert, Harris, Green, and Jordan as the 2nd unit and stagger KD/Kyrie.
Khashbaatar
Sophomore
Posts: 217
And1: 98
Joined: Jul 07, 2019
 

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#155 » by Khashbaatar » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:18 am

Notwithstanding the substandard game tonight, the bench unit has proven its mettle over the last 3 games. They can serve whatever complementary role to our 2 stars. The loss tonight shows nothing, but Dillon Brooks is their ultimate nemesis.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,750
And1: 1,679
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#156 » by MGrand15 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:18 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jordan getting extended mins was 100% political. He has done nothing to warrant the time that he got. It cost us a win


Not it wasnt. Jordan didnt turn it over 7 times in the last 6 minutes of this game. that was the rest of the team that was on the floor. after he came out, it wasnt any better, with 2 immediate turnovers and a near air ball


You really are the gaslight king.

Allen came in and our offense was:
Harris 3
LeVert TO trying to drop it off to Allen

Allen comes out of the game

Levert 3
TLC messes up the final inbound once the game is sealed.
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 8,433
And1: 6,253
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#157 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:19 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
they did. mike d'antoni.


Well clearly D'Antoni isn't running the show or has lost it since I've never seen our play calling look worse.


I mean outside of levert with TJ out your only option as an offense creater is a d-league 5 foot nothing guard in chiozze who stunk it up early. and even with that we still dropped 110 on solid efficiency.

its the turnovers that are killing us offensively. hard to coach that out with 1 nba level point guard on the active roster


Bro were literally losing to terrible NBA teams.

Don't act like the Grizzlies have more talent than we do WITHOUT Morant.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,566
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#158 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:20 am

Khashbaatar wrote:Notwithstanding the substandard game tonight, the bench unit has proven its mettle over the last 3 games. They can serve whatever complementary role to our 2 stars. The loss tonight shows nothing, but Dillon Brooks is their ultimate nemesis.


Levert and Allen have returned to bubble form. thats really better then wins in the short term. Brown played himself into the rotation as well.

Hopefully KD is back sunday
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,249
And1: 2,510
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#159 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:23 am

Levert balled out today , we should of got the win. We let this bum Clarke go off with his ugly shot and we let Brooks go off smh. Shamet sucks !!! Nash needed to put Allen waaaayyy earlier , DJ was getting lazy late in the 4th smh terrible . Prince should of also got a lot more mins, he was making alot of shots. He should of been there in the 4th .
User avatar
Lamak
Analyst
Posts: 3,638
And1: 577
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Grizzlies - Friday, 01/8/21 | 8:00pm | YES 

Post#160 » by Lamak » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:The complete lack of offensive play calling is the reason I blame Nash.

Nobody on this team looks like they have any clue what they are doing.

Nash is looking like Jason Kidd 2.0

I don't understand why we had to take this type of risk when Ty Lue and Doc Rivers were out there as options. Hire someone who knows how to coach an NBA offense.


they did. mike d'antoni.


the coaching confusion and disconnect between superstars and role players shot selection will be an issue. harris and allen need plays
Brooklyn Nets

Return to Brooklyn Nets