Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#141 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Yeah, I’m in the same agreement here. You can get on him for following protocol but I’m inclined to believe he is out due to personal reasons and it might be the anniversary of a death. Even, if it’s not. I’m not going to say he doesn’t care to win a championship because he misses a week. If Harden does it in a strip club and we still would deal for him. I don’t see how this destroys Kyrie here.

The Nets and the staff should handle it accordingly if it gets out of hand but I’m pretty sure KD is the first person that will have an issue if it gets that way.

It already is out of hand because now the NBA is investigating the matter.

This also isn't a good look because he missed a national TV game for non injury reasons and the NBA are probably going to want to know why now in light of the video surfacing.

The NBA will handle it privately. maybe some details come out. he will see a fine and a 1 maybe 2 game suspension, but he was likely already gonna miss those games. as a fan it sucks, cause i love watching him play and we are so much better with him. but for me its hard not to support what i beleive the personal reasons are.

Also, having KD back, makes it easier. its nice to have 2 stars as a fan. Watching KD inch closer to 100% is fun.

I understand where you are coming from on this, your opinion actually made me go back and re evaluate what I was thinking, because I started to take my anger out on him. I've since stepped back. We don't know what's going on with him or why he took off, and yes, as STUPID as he was for attending a covid spreader event like that, maybe he needed to be with family. He certainly looked happy, which is good. I'm glad he's close with his father and his sister.

However, there isn't going to be a lot of sympathy for Kyrie due to the poor optics of this situation. People are looking at it like he's refusing to play while still being paid $500,000 per game and he's out partying in the face of a pandemic that has killed nearly 400,000 people.

A majority of the country (including minorities) cannot just not show up to work citing "personal reasons" because our mental health is suffering, 99% of people have to suck it up and work through it. No one is going to feel sorry for him, and in fact it will breed contempt and resentment. So while I can take a step back and say hey, okay, let me not kill the guy yet for being out because I don't know what's going on and we do need to take mental health a lot more seriously, he's not going to get that from a majority of people.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets