ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
gigantes
Rookie
Posts: 1,113
And1: 439
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#121 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I think it said we are 1-4 vs sub .500 teams....

Thats not good

I believe it's 4-0 against the best teams we've faced and 1-6 against the rest, who are all sub-.500 teams.

Weird, huh?
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 35,681
And1: 13,657
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:08 pm

the reaction I'm seeing from fans across Nets social media towards Kyrie is...not good.

Keeping fans in the dark is leading to a lot of backlash. Personally, I just want him to come back asap I'm not mad and he has a right to privacy, but I can't speak for everyone else. Hopefully he will be back and we can turn things around with a win vs Denver to calm everyone down.

Edit: jesus christ

Read on Twitter


What the hell is going on here? Seriously.
User avatar
gigantes
Rookie
Posts: 1,113
And1: 439
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#123 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:the reaction I'm seeing from fans across Nets social media towards Kyrie is...not good.

Keeping fans in the dark is leading to a lot of backlash. Personally, I just want him to come back asap I'm not mad and he has a right to privacy, but I can't speak for everyone else. Hopefully he will be back and we can turn things around with a win vs Denver to calm everyone down.

Maybe it's too late for him to make the Denver game, but I could see it getting pretty ugly if he misses the Knicks on Wed.

Sadly, I have a feeling that if anyone tried to explain to him how this situation looks to the rest of the world, he'd probably dig in further and get offended, to boot. But maybe KD can pull it off.

Hopefully he comes back soon and this mostly gets forgotten a few weeks from now. Missing one or two games feels appropriate & perfectly understandable to me, but three+ games is mos def not a good look.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 35,681
And1: 13,657
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#124 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:the reaction I'm seeing from fans across Nets social media towards Kyrie is...not good.

Keeping fans in the dark is leading to a lot of backlash. Personally, I just want him to come back asap I'm not mad and he has a right to privacy, but I can't speak for everyone else. Hopefully he will be back and we can turn things around with a win vs Denver to calm everyone down.

Maybe it's too late for him to make the Denver game, but I could see it getting pretty ugly if he misses the Knicks on Wed.

Sadly, I have a feeling that if anyone tried to explain to him how this situation looks to the rest of the world, he'd probably dig in further and get offended, to boot. But maybe KD can pull it off.

Hopefully he comes back soon and this mostly gets forgotten a few weeks from now. Missing one or two games feels right to me, but three+ games is mos def not a good look.



he's out tomorrow:

Read on Twitter


I have no idea what is going on .
User avatar
gigantes
Rookie
Posts: 1,113
And1: 439
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#125 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:he's out tomorrow:

[url]1348756190369619968[/url]

I have no idea what is going on .

He makes like $500,000 per game, so he'll have made around two million dollars by sitting at home these four games.

Hope it's the mother of all depressions, because I wouldn't mind having that deal! D:
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,749
And1: 1,679
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#126 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:15 pm

My thoughts on Kyrie are exactly the same as when he missed game 1. I just hope he's OK. He put in a ton of work this offseason to get ready. He's playing with his best friend KD. He's having a monster year. He's coming off a monster game. For him to choose not to play, he must be going through it. I'd rather he play when he's mentally right.
User avatar
Stone
Starter
Posts: 2,231
And1: 431
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Jersey
 

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#127 » by Stone » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:04 am

KD is saying Kyrie will be back soon and he will speak for himself. He also said he and the Nets support Kyrie.

That is good enough for me....
User avatar
Lamak
Analyst
Posts: 3,638
And1: 577
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
   

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#128 » by Lamak » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:20 am

frustrated with coaching staff and early season issues, but i support kyrie and believe in this team
Brooklyn Nets
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 35,914
And1: 9,643
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#129 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 am

Trevor Ariza has not played ONCE this season with the Thunder due to personal reasons and I don’t see anyone nitpicking why he’s missing a month of basketball.

This Kyrie thing is tired and pathetic. If, he’s doing this to be a diva or due to being tired of social injustice, let that come out and we will go from there. Until then, let the man deal with whatever he might be going through.

I’m so sick of seeing everyone want information on a personal reason but that term is used almost everyday across the league and NOBODY CARES. I don’t give a **** if it’s Kyrie, the superstar. It’s downright pathetic to be selectively choosing when to care about “personal reasons” to crucify someone.

This team should be destroying teams without him. We should be destroying teams without Dinwiddie if KD, Harris, LeVert and Allen are our core pieces logging high minutes. Yet, we see the same **** from certain guys despite it being a new season. I don’t give a **** what Kyrie does unless it’s in the playoffs.

These pathetic casual fans need to knock it off. Kyrie could play and we’d still get our ass kicked by the Cavaliers. Him being gone is a blessing in disguise and wake up call to the lord whole roster.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 14,995
And1: 733
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#130 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:17 am

Paradise wrote:Trevor Ariza has not played ONCE this season with the Thunder due to personal reasons and I don’t see anyone nitpicking why he’s missing a month of basketball.

This Kyrie thing is tired and pathetic. If, he’s doing this to be a diva or due to being tired of social injustice, let that come out and we will go from there. Until then, let the man deal with whatever he might be going through.

I’m so sick of seeing everyone want information on a personal reason but that term is used almost everyday across the league and NOBODY CARES. I don’t give a **** if it’s Kyrie, the superstar. It’s downright pathetic to be selectively choosing when to care about “personal reasons” to crucify someone.

This team should be destroying teams without him. We should be destroying teams without Dinwiddie if KD, Harris, LeVert and Allen are our core pieces logging high minutes. Yet, we see the same **** from certain guys despite it being a new season. I don’t give a **** what Kyrie does unless it’s in the playoffs.

These pathetic casual fans need to knock it off. Kyrie could play and we’d still get our ass kicked by the Cavaliers. Him being gone is a blessing in disguise and wake up call to the lord whole roster.

Precisely, P.

We've got to stop excusing poor play, as if we are the only team with COVID protocol absences, a new coach, new teammates, injuries or other adjustments. Other teams are weathering the same storm, and are dealing with it better than us. The teams that keep overlooking instead of addressing their own weaknesses are the teams that will be exiting the postseason early.

It's not panic time. It's just time to take a hard look in the mirror. Good teams should beat bad teams, even when their stars don't play. Good teams with championship aspirations show consistently strong effort on defense, no matter who they face or what the score. Good teams have coaches who don't allow losing habits to remain on the court. I don't care if you have to sub a ballboy onto the court, send a message that boneheaded, lackadaisical play is unacceptable.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 13,634
And1: 2,088
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#131 » by eyeatoma » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:51 am

How do you guys feel about this?

https://fortyeightminutes.com/kyrie-irving-nets/
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 27,032
And1: 12,586
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#132 » by Revived » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 am

Paradise wrote:Trevor Ariza has not played ONCE this season with the Thunder due to personal reasons and I don’t see anyone nitpicking why he’s missing a month of basketball.

This Kyrie thing is tired and pathetic. If, he’s doing this to be a diva or due to being tired of social injustice, let that come out and we will go from there. Until then, let the man deal with whatever he might be going through.

I’m so sick of seeing everyone want information on a personal reason but that term is used almost everyday across the league and NOBODY CARES. I don’t give a **** if it’s Kyrie, the superstar. It’s downright pathetic to be selectively choosing when to care about “personal reasons” to crucify someone.

This team should be destroying teams without him. We should be destroying teams without Dinwiddie if KD, Harris, LeVert and Allen are our core pieces logging high minutes. Yet, we see the same **** from certain guys despite it being a new season. I don’t give a **** what Kyrie does unless it’s in the playoffs.

These pathetic casual fans need to knock it off. Kyrie could play and we’d still get our ass kicked by the Cavaliers. Him being gone is a blessing in disguise and wake up call to the lord whole roster.

I think the “personal reasons” included to going to his sisters birthday party. His dad’s birthday is coming up as well so perhaps he just wanted some time to spend with his sister and dad for their birthdays.

This came out today and looks like he will be entering quarantine protocol when returning.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2039595#p87914514
User avatar
gigantes
Rookie
Posts: 1,113
And1: 439
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#133 » by gigantes » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:17 am

Well if that's the case, then hopefully it will be perfectly understandable in the future when half the team is randomly unavailable. Some of them attending birthdays, others gutted about political events, others having to go through safety protocols to rejoin the team, others just wanting to be James Harden.

I mean it's all good, right...? Just throw a message in an empty beer bottle, and eventually Steve will discover it!

I guess at some point our available lineup will be DJ, Shamet, Prince, TLC, and Kuruks. (fortunately we'll have Reggie Perry to bring off the bench!) Good times, huh? :D
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 35,681
And1: 13,657
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#134 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:36 pm

I can't defend Kyrie here.

I have no issue with him celebrating his sister's birthday, except that:

1) He's maskless at an indoor party that has a crap ton of people in it. That's going to land him in quarantine. Reckless behavior.

2) Why is he missing the Denver game if he's out partying? What's the excuse here now, because personal reasons won't cut it.

This looks really bad and frankly this is unfair to the team.

I can't take him seriously. I thought the guy wanted to come here and win a championship but clearly he's moved on from that idea.

Stuff like this is going to tear up the locker room. I don't care what anyone says, if you are apart of a group trying to accomplish something and you see that someone is going AWOL, it's going to lead to resentment.

The media is now going to go berserk. I give up, we aren't going to win anything, Kyrie isn't all in. I can't say that I am surprised by this, but it's disappointing to watch this guy prove his detractors right.

The fact that this guy was out partying while the Nets were getting run on by the Thunder is pretty much the straw that breaks the camel's back.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,564
And1: 12,080
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#135 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Here come all the Nash defenders. What a joke. He has been AWFUlL.

The offense tonight sucked AGAIN. Just iso ball over and over again. No creativity at all. No plays. Nobody had any idea where to be or what to do.

Everyone was just **** winging it.

Rotation wise we keep playing Shamet, even thought its obvious Bruce Brown is better.

Brown won't solve all our problems but hes an elite defender and he plays HARD. Shamet is a net negative out there. Constantly making dumb plays and missing all his 3s.

I would even give Kurucs some burn. If hes unplayable at this point then **** waive him and give the roster spot to someone who can actually help us.


I think people are not really cutting Nash enough slack:

-This is KD's first game back after he missed a week.
-KD barely has played with this team to begin with
-Kyrie and KD have been in and out of the lineup on short notice
-We lost spencer and have been shuffling guys to see what works
-He already made some bold changes, replacing 2-3 starters
-He seems to have levert/allen playing well again
-there needs to be alot of ISO scoring when you have a top 3 player who is arguably the GOAT ISO player
-We have 2 point guards active and chiozza is barely playable

The solutions people call for are basically throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks... "play kurucs, play brown, sign player X". maybe that works but really its unlikely anything get things going beyond 10-12 straight games with stable lineups to build a flow and chemistry. one night its kyries team another its leverts another its KDs...

There were some logical moves. starting TLC when dinwiddie went down, Starting allen once he started to play like bubble allen, getting bruce brown some burn. he did all of those. the rest is like yeah maybe it helps a bit but those arent solutions to the root issue
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,564
And1: 12,080
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#136 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I

2) Why is he missing the Denver game if he's out partying? What's the excuse here now, because personal reasons won't cut it.


Why not? I mean if your out for personal reasons because of racial injustice and struggling with white supremacy being with family seems like a great idea to me. attending family birthday parties seems like a great idea. when those things are going on, being with family is important. id rather him be at a birthday party for his family then the denver game if he is still sorting out his personal reasons.

he should come back when he is ready and he should be with his family in any/every capacity until then
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,564
And1: 12,080
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#137 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm

KD is almost 100% back. he is now dunking on fools like its nothing. his range shooting isnt quite there and he hasnt gone white hot on anyone yet from deep. but athletically its starting to get scary for defenses.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 35,914
And1: 9,643
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#138 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I

2) Why is he missing the Denver game if he's out partying? What's the excuse here now, because personal reasons won't cut it.


Why not? I mean if your out for personal reasons because of racial injustice and struggling with white supremacy being with family seems like a great idea to me. attending family birthday parties seems like a great idea. when those things are going on, being with family is important. id rather him be at a birthday party for his family then the denver game if he is still sorting out his personal reasons.

he should come back when he is ready and he should be with his family in any/every capacity until then

Yeah, I’m in the same agreement here. You can get on him for following protocol but I’m inclined to believe he is out due to personal reasons and it might be the anniversary of a death. Even, if it’s not. I’m not going to say he doesn’t care to win a championship because he misses a week. If Harden does it in a strip club and we still would deal for him. I don’t see how this destroys Kyrie here.

The Nets and the staff should handle it accordingly if it gets out of hand but I’m pretty sure KD is the first person that will have an issue if it gets that way.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 35,681
And1: 13,657
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#139 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I

2) Why is he missing the Denver game if he's out partying? What's the excuse here now, because personal reasons won't cut it.


Why not? I mean if your out for personal reasons because of racial injustice and struggling with white supremacy being with family seems like a great idea to me. attending family birthday parties seems like a great idea. when those things are going on, being with family is important. id rather him be at a birthday party for his family then the denver game if he is still sorting out his personal reasons.

he should come back when he is ready and he should be with his family in any/every capacity until then

Yeah, I’m in the same agreement here. You can get on him for following protocol but I’m inclined to believe he is out due to personal reasons and it might be the anniversary of a death. Even, if it’s not. I’m not going to say he doesn’t care to win a championship because he misses a week. If Harden does it in a strip club and we still would deal for him. I don’t see how this destroys Kyrie here.

The Nets and the staff should handle it accordingly if it gets out of hand but I’m pretty sure KD is the first person that will have an issue if it gets that way.



It already is out of hand because now the NBA is investigating the matter.

This also isn't a good look because he missed a national TV game for non injury reasons and the NBA are probably going to want to know why now in light of the video surfacing.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 36,564
And1: 12,080
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Thunder Vs Nets... Sunday @ 6:00 

Post#140 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Why not? I mean if your out for personal reasons because of racial injustice and struggling with white supremacy being with family seems like a great idea to me. attending family birthday parties seems like a great idea. when those things are going on, being with family is important. id rather him be at a birthday party for his family then the denver game if he is still sorting out his personal reasons.

he should come back when he is ready and he should be with his family in any/every capacity until then

Yeah, I’m in the same agreement here. You can get on him for following protocol but I’m inclined to believe he is out due to personal reasons and it might be the anniversary of a death. Even, if it’s not. I’m not going to say he doesn’t care to win a championship because he misses a week. If Harden does it in a strip club and we still would deal for him. I don’t see how this destroys Kyrie here.

The Nets and the staff should handle it accordingly if it gets out of hand but I’m pretty sure KD is the first person that will have an issue if it gets that way.



It already is out of hand because now the NBA is investigating the matter.

This also isn't a good look because he missed a national TV game for non injury reasons and the NBA are probably going to want to know why now in light of the video surfacing.


The NBA will handle it privately. maybe some details come out. he will see a fine and a 1 maybe 2 game suspension, but he was likely already gonna miss those games. as a fan it sucks, cause i love watching him play and we are so much better with him. but for me its hard not to support what i beleive the personal reasons are.

Also, having KD back, makes it easier. its nice to have 2 stars as a fan. Watching KD inch closer to 100% is fun.

Return to Brooklyn Nets