Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#241 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#242 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm

I always wanted a Harden trade and knew it would be hard to stomach initially when the details would come out, because there was just no way around having to gut some young depth and future draft stock.

The moment came and the feeling of shock and awe and sadness and anxiety washed over us.... as it always had done in the past. I can speak for myself being upset when we saw Brook leave for DLo, when Thad Young was traded for a pick in the 20s, and even when we canned Kenny. Furious!

But when the super fandom goggles begin to clear, you see what we've become.... a genuine title contender, with 3 megastars, depth still, a desirable team for other players to join, and something fun to watch for years to come. This is going to be an amazing ride... I'm very optimistic and I hope all of you are too. I get that they'll take some time to mesh, but that's fine with me. These guys are motivated and want to figure it out.

I'm ready!!!
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#243 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter

I think this trio could last beyond 3 seasons.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#244 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Thoughts on 3 kings as a nickname? Works with Brooklyn, Kings county, Irving always referring to each other as Kings... 3 deadly shooters... just having some fun.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#245 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:55 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:Thoughts on 3 kings as a nickname? Works with Brooklyn, Kings county, Irving always referring to each other as Kings... 3 deadly shooters... just having some fun.

Had no clue NIMF was here. Did Bob kicked you out too :lol:
GTR11
RealGM

Post#246 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Marks downplaying his role in all this. He could've pulled this one out early, he was forced to do so by Kyrie's action. MDB is harsh on KY but for good reasons. Guy can not be trusted. He's one of us and forever be one no matter what. However, trusting him is not an option.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#247 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:03 pm

I've been walking around and heard Nets conversations almost everywhere. Even duh nix fans have hype about what we did. These young boys in subway were talking about changing teams. Talking about Dolan support Trump etc. Think they'll jump ship soon, they just few days away. Had smile on my face listening to them trashing duh nix.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#248 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Marks downplaying his role in all this. He could've pulled this one out early, he was forced to do so by Kyrie's action. MDB is harsh on KY but for good reasons. Guy can not be trusted. He's one of us and forever be one no matter what. However, trusting him is not an option.

5 games in and he just goes AWOL. You're damn right Marks had no choice here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#249 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:12 pm

GTR11 wrote:
N Ireland Nets wrote:Thoughts on 3 kings as a nickname? Works with Brooklyn, Kings county, Irving always referring to each other as Kings... 3 deadly shooters... just having some fun.

Had no clue NIMF was here. Did Bob kicked you out too :lol:

Nah never kicked me out, I just enjoy watching from the outside now. Don't have the time I once had to go overboard and obsess about every detail. Just come out of the woodwork when something big happens but I like watching what others think.
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:18 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't agree. Obviously there could be lots of reasons and why's but I believe this was a deal that was always going to happen. Marks and Jsai had to check with Irving and Durant if they are still on board with the plan which in my mind is to extend with Brooklyn and ride this train to win as many titles as possible in the next 5/6 years.

Maybe Irving was tired of waiting on the Harden deal and stepped away to force Mark's hand. Something I highly doubt just saying we just don't know. Could be a simple as Irving needed to step away for his mental health for a rest and was always going to return sooner rather than later, we just don't know.

Harden turned down $100m 2 year extension. I just don't see him demanding to be traded here to leave in just under 2 seasons. To me it seems its all 3 buying in for the next 5-6 years to see how many titles they can win together. Again, could be wrong just looks that way to me. Did you see KD's smile when asked about Harden in the post game?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#251 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 pm

I'm tired of hearing this crap that Philly had the much better deal. Evidently, they didn't. Been saying it for a while, Ben Simmons is not the ultimate piece he has been hyped up to be by fans and media. The guy simply hasn't improved offensively since coming into the league, and he's now at the start of a 5 year max contract. You can't really build around him because he's not good enough to be built around, and he's hard to accommodate because of his limitations.

This season, he's off to another underwhelming start, somehow looking worse than ever on offense. He's an incredible defender, no doubt about that, but that's really where it starts and ends. Do you want to pay an elite defender who is an offensive liability, $38 mill/yr for the next 5 years? Rockets clearly weren't enamored with that idea and I don't blame them.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#252 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 pm

N Ireland Nets wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't agree. Obviously there could be lots of reasons and why's but I believe this was a deal that was always going to happen. Marks and Jsai had to check with Irving and Durant if they are still on board with the plan which in my mind is to extend with Brooklyn and ride this train to win as many titles as possible in the next 5/6 years.

Maybe Irving was tired of waiting on the Harden deal and stepped away to force Mark's hand. Something I highly doubt just saying we just don't know. Could be a simple as Irving needed to step away for his mental health for a rest and was always going to return sooner rather than later, we just don't know.

Harden turned down $100m 2 year extension. I just don't see him demanding to be traded here to leave in just under 2 seasons. To me it seems its all 3 buying in for the next 5-6 years to see how many titles they can win together. Again, could be wrong just looks that way to me. Did you see KD's smile when asked about Harden in the post game?

I'm not sure what to think of Kyrie as of right now. I'm siding with MDB here. You collect checks and most importantly has trust of your fellow friends in this org. You go out like that and being seen chilling in club? This is not how it works. We grown azz people, not kids.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#253 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

Glad to see you here posting NINF.
Paradise

Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#254 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#255 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 pm

GTR11 wrote:Glad to see you here posting NINF.

Thanks a lot!
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant

Post#256 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:00 pm

Bit of fun for everyone to have a laugh with. Spent some time doing this today

Paradise

Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#257 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

lmaooo
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#258 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:44 pm

DarkXaero wrote:I'm tired of hearing this crap that Philly had the much better deal. Evidently, they didn't. Been saying it for a while, Ben Simmons is not the ultimate piece he has been hyped up to be by fans and media. The guy simply hasn't improved offensively since coming into the league, and he's now at the start of a 5 year max contract. You can't really build around him because he's not good enough to be built around, and he's hard to accommodate because of his limitations.

This season, he's off to another underwhelming start, somehow looking worse than ever on offense. He's an incredible defender, no doubt about that, but that's really where it starts and ends. Do you want to pay an elite defender who is an offensive liability, $38 mill/yr for the next 5 years? Rockets clearly weren't enamored with that idea and I don't blame them.

I don't think the Rockets owner wanted to pay anyone tbh.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#259 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:48 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

lmaooo

:lol: LeBron's got a good sense of humor, I saw this yesterday and died laughing.

"Why everyone teaming up against me!!!? I'm not Thanos!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#260 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

James probably subsidized the lifestyle of plenty of strippers down in that area :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets