ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets trade for Harden!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#301 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Harden on Wall/Cousins comments: ”I’ve been there for 8 years. They just got there. I wasn’t being disrespectful.”

Well, Damn.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#302 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:And please god let Kyrie attempt to be on his best behavior to make this work. Harden too. Everybody has to put ego aside to work. No more BS especially Kyrie

these guys are all friends. its not like bringing in chuckers who dont really know eachother and trying to make it work.

they all played together on teams usa in 2012. thats when kyrie/KD/Deandre became tight
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#303 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The more that I look at this deal, the more I think that the Rockets got railroaded.

Barring a complete collapse, those Nets picks won't equate to much as far as high value. And personnel wise, they only got Oladipo (who is going to leave) and Rodi.

oh well.

and they owe 4 of their next 5 1st rounders to OKC (2 picks and 2 swaps... and this year its a swap whcih will 100% convey)
Paradise

Post#304 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Harden: ”Coming to Brooklyn was a no brainer. They have KD and Kyrie but the pieces around them - we have shooters. Joe and Landry, Jeff.”

James admits he forced a trade here and it didn’t go as smoothly as planned.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#305 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:33 pm

can i get a breakdown of the presser?
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#306 » by Brooklyn91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Hardens response to the “disrespect” question still has me cracking up
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#307 » by Sharcm1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:42 pm

Love his response to the conditioning question lol.
Paradise

Post#308 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:can i get a breakdown of the presser?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#309 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:48 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:can i get a breakdown of the presser?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

'dise coming through as usual!
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#310 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:51 pm

I can see harden averaging 15+ assists per game without even being the primary ball handler. he beats his man and gets in the paint better then anyone in the league (even kyrie) and has elite vision... only instead of passing to tucker or gordon he is passing to KD, Kyrie, Harris, or a DJ oop.

He can also make our bench unit elite when we stagger with his passing and playmaking.

not talked about much, between KD and Harden we are going to put everyone in foul trouble. cant wait for the 1st harden post from the haters about him going to the line 25 times
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#311 » by Claud » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 pm

That Harden and NetIncome exchange though hahaha. Dead.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#312 » by Openheimer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:01 pm

Harden is averaging 11 assists while he was playing at 20 percent of his usual level to force the Rockets to trade him. I see that riding once he starts taking it seriously and getting back to his usual self
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#313 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Holy crap this is real ! We going back to back to back ! let's get it
Paradise

Nets trade for Harden! 

Post#314 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:31 pm

Full Press Conference

[youtube] https://youtu.be/a7SLNIXWSTc[/yourube]

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#315 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 pm

Good press conference, I thought he gave the right answers to the most important questions. It sounds like he's ready to buy in, now we have to see how it translates on the court.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#316 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:45 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Honestly starting to think that Kyrie, Harden, KD(and Marks?) 300IQ'd the Rockets.

It just lines up too perfectly.

1) Kyrie starts off the season in blistering form. Rockets definitely was asking for Kyrie... at least to reroute him elsewhere. Harden also starts off great, looking like he did previously. Rockets feel like they have all the leverage and they might also be able to convince him to stay with the new roster (Wood looks like a legit weapon, Wall healthy again, etc.). Also Caris LeVert is being showcased in a 6th man/Manu role. Rough at first but he starts hitting his stride, great vs 76ers, then 43pts vs Memphis). Allen killing it all season too, looking like he took a leap as a player... LeVert + Allen + picks looks a lot better as a package or Kyrie + LeVert/Allen would be great too.

2) Out of nowhere after looking amazing leading the Nets to a blowout vs the Jazz, Kyrie takes a random leave of absence with zero reasoning for why from Ky or the Nets. Then, Kyrie is "caught" maskless at a b-day party for his sister. Now people are getting legit angry as to why he's not playing. Has he quit on the team?? Still nothing from Kyrie or the Nets. Meanwhile, after starting off great, Harden starts tanking his value... awful play, becoming a meme for being fat, pissing off teammates. LeVert and Allen continue to play well. LeVert gets moved back to the bench, so he can fully run the team when KD is not on the floor. Again, he's being showcased.

3) Fast forward a couple days and Kyrie is "caught" on a random zoom fundraiser, making things even more heated/toxic. Stephen A. Smith says he should RETIRE(lmaoooo). Fans(including myself) are starting to sour on Ky. The SAME DAY, Harden plays terribly, the Rockets get blown out by the Lakers and Harden has a press conference where he says this isn't going to work and throws teammates under the bus. Thanks Houston for his time there. Reports emerge that Harden trade talks have SUDDENLY escalated. The next day the Rockets say Harden is too toxic to play/be around the team and is away from facilities.

Now think about it: Kyrie's trade value is super low mainly because now other teams than the Rockets will want nothing to do with him. So essentially the Nets deal has to be LeVert + Allen + Prince + picks. Also Harden's behaviour is atrocious, tanking his value; meaning that only really the Nets + Philly will be interested. Philly feels like they don't really need him/scared to go all in on Harden especially with the good start they had to the season. Also, due to all the history there, Marks probably knows that Morey will want to fleece the Rockets AND the Rockets will want to do the same to Morey. :lol:

4) So with the Rockets leverage all but evaporated, this leaves the Nets in prime position to finish the deal.Rockets reach out one more time to Morey saying Simmons + Maxey + FRP or we choose Brooklyn. Morey still wants to haggle offering Simmons + Thybulle + picks instead. Now all Marks has to do is add more picks + pick swaps as a sweetener to convince Houston to seal the deal over Philly because he knows with all the toxicity I explained above, the Rockets wants this done ASAP. So BOOM! The Rockets accept and also loop in Indiana and Cleveland.

5) Post-trade, we now know that Kyrie was on the zoom because he was QUARANTINING! :lol: So he was actually doing the right thing. Even better he was helping a good cause close to his heart and the zoom was BEFORE the Nets game anyway, so he could've easily watched the team after the zoom anyway. Also, we learned that Marks had been talking to Kyrie about the trade this entire time, which is a surprise since in a statement a couple days before it seemed like Marks had zero contact with Kyrie!

So in an instant, Kyrie, KD, James are available to play on Saturday and I'm willing to bet $$$ that all 3 will be locked in an ready to go on Saturday, just as planned.:lol: :lol:

Obviously, no one will ever to admit any of this and it could all be a coincidence but it just feels a tad too conviennent how it came together. Either way, I'm not complaining! Let's go Nets! #BrooklynGrit #WeGoHard

Either they are playing some serious 4D Chess here or the stars aligned big time for the Nets.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#317 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:I can see harden averaging 15+ assists per game without even being the primary ball handler. he beats his man and gets in the paint better then anyone in the league (even kyrie) and has elite vision... only instead of passing to tucker or gordon he is passing to KD, Kyrie, Harris, or a DJ oop.

He can also make our bench unit elite when we stagger with his passing and playmaking.

not talked about much, between KD and Harden we are going to put everyone in foul trouble. cant wait for the 1st harden post from the haters about him going to the line 25 times

I've been thinking about Harden's ability to draw fouls all day :lol:

Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#318 » by Vator » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 pm

It is one thing when you casually watch a guy on a different team compared to how you really analyze that player when he is on your team. Especially a guy like Harden who frustrates other fanbases because he puts sooo much pressure on the opponent defensively and his ability to draw fouls.

Reading some of your other threads I've noticed how amazed you all have been by KD at times and this will be similar in many ways, but also different because as great as a scorer that KD, Kyrie and James are, James is really a natural point guard despite his 6'5 230 pound (generous right now lol) frame and he has tremendous court vision. You all are in for a treat. The number of open shots he generates by himself due to his ability to break his man down off the dribble, his ability to pull up from anywhere, and his mastery of the pick and roll is crazy. I'm so used to teams coming up with junk defenses consisting of double and triple teams and guys loading up on him that I can't even imagine how other teams will defend him with Kyrie and Durant on the floor with him.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#319 » by StepBackCrack » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:16 pm

Remember these arguments guys in case some clowns will cry this team is "unfair" or "NBA is ruined" when they actually click well together later on lol.

- Nets are not scary. Their defense will be so trash.
- There is only one ball. They will never work.
- Lakers are still the faves easily.
- Bucks will eat the Nets' defense. They aren't gonna go to the finals.
- Horrible trade for Nets (some actually said that lmao).
- Kyrie is cancer. They aren't winning with him.
- Harden is a playoff choker. Overrated.

Did I forget something? Can't wait for this team to shut everyone up :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#320 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Vator wrote:It is one thing when you casually watch a guy on a different team compared to how you really analyze that player when he is on your team. Especially a guy like Harden who frustrates other fanbases because he puts sooo much pressure on the opponent defensively and his ability to draw fouls.

Reading some of your other threads I've noticed how amazed you all have been by KD at times and this will be similar in many ways, but also different because as great as a scorer that KD, Kyrie and James are, James is really a natural point guard despite his 6'5 230 pound (generous right now lol) frame and he has tremendous court vision. You all are in for a treat. The number of open shots he generates by himself due to his ability to break his man down off the dribble, his ability to pull up from anywhere, and his mastery of the pick and roll is crazy. I'm so used to teams coming up with junk defenses consisting of double and triple teams and guys loading up on him that I can't even imagine how other teams will defend him with Kyrie and Durant on the floor with him.

We aren't used to having players of this level around here as you are probably well aware of :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets